Dan & Phil Part 42: lying makes you go to hell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
opendoor
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Waggle9007 wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
That selfie of them at the aquarium makes me
Ohmygod i logged on here to comment about being hypnotised by that first picture of Dan, but then I saw the ones Phil just posted. That selfie and the one of Dan looking up...it hurts, I'm dying.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That selfie is great, I'm loving all these pics we're getting. They look so happy.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

These two I swear
:D
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

Waggle9007 wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
That selfie of them at the aquarium makes me
Idk what it is, I'm largely unaffected by "heart eyes howell", but of all things I've seen it's the final photograph in this set that makes me think "they're so in love"

Meanwhile the cynic within me is stanning Dan's twitter caption I have a cold, but now today is a good day :sobs:
Moon
spork

oh my god the aquarium pictures totally made my day better ugh, they're so cute. I'm glad that they share stuff like that with us
That's the plan.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I literally cannot deal with these photos Phil shared. I'm internally shrieking like a proper demon phannie. Their willingness to share this private vacation of theirs with us is giving me all kinds of feelings that I can't quite convey into words.

I wanted to say that this was what we wanted last summer instead of the drought and DAPGO, but you know what? This is better. So much better, because they're not there for work. They're just traveling together, enjoying each other's company, and sharing it with us.

Ugh. Leave me be. I'm emotional~
CallMeAyana
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: Phan Trash

I wonder what someone outside the Phandom will think of the pictures because Deppy looks more married than my parents. I swear. These guys will be the end of me
thephandommenace
procrastinator

[offtopic]About the picture going missing, Hector tweeted that apparently he felt it was too mean so he deleted it? Oh :(
[/offtopic] Holy shit those pictures took me by surprise, and that selfie was just... uggghh. I'm in love with how in love they look and I legitimately felt a bit emotional looking at that beautiful collection of pictures. My heart hurts. I'm not just seeing things? Are the phan goggles just permanently superglued to my face?
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

WELL.

I fall further into the trashcan every day this year but i'm not complaining! I can't stop staring at those gorgeous photos! d&p are so happy and in love that they make me feel a bit sad (but mostly giddy). They seem so couple-ish and adorable and happy and so much more that i can't put into words. Talk about creating unrealistic relationship expectations :sobs:
000dia000
emo goose

thephandommenace wrote:About the picture going missing, Hector tweeted that apparently he felt it was too mean so he deleted it? Oh :(
When you post them in Slack, they will still show up after the tweet has been deleted:
:cactus:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Bullet points:

- More golf - fewer ponies...
- Dan's moth shirt: time to retire, we all grow out of clothes...
- Phil was on point with his weird commentary, more plz...
- Dan's fruitless attempts to stifle Phil's mildly inappropriate commentary...

I like this series, more please - although it was a tad long (could be that I was watching in bed and basically fell asleep watching it.)

On to the travel tweets: keep them coming. I love to visit places voyeuristically (ok, maybe that was the wrong choice of words, maybe I should say "through someone else's eyes...")
malday
emo goose

sweetmm wrote:
They look great in that selfie!
have they ever volunteered this many photos from a trip?
momoroki
glabella

I ALREADY POSTED MYSELF SCREAMING FROM THE SELFIES but just want to pop in again to remind everyone of this tumblr post which i think. goes with the situation.
http://swag-fag-society.tumblr.com/post ... n-aquarium

[offtopic]Also: can anyone remember the exact video where they scrolled through their phones with their eyes closed and then stopped and open their eyes and showed the photo it stopped on? I think it was one of the PINOFS but can't be sure.
Asking for a friend.[/offtopic]
yupitsme
sofa crease

Even more aquarium aesthetics
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Oh god all their aquarium pics are so sweet Dan looks so lovely in his, and the jellyfish look so cool, and oh god Phil's little collection of pics makes my heart ache in the best way. He takes the sweetest candid pics of Dan :')
They really do seem to be having a great time, and I'm so happy they're comfortable sharing some of it with us.

I wonder what they got up to today though? Am I correct in saying the aquarium was yesterday? That picture the fan posted with them in the aquarium was yesterday, at least. Did anyone spot them out today? Maybe they're in Australia already, who knows. Regardless, hope they're having fun and I'm total trash for them, they're such a bright spot in my life
shoe
Moderator Emeritus

In this time in which anything seems possible, I have a theory. A theory that seems crazy and far too good to be true. I present it in humility, and also in hope.

I think that they will film a day in the life in Singapore, or wherever they go to after Australia. I think that when they get back, to the uk, they will move into a new location. In that location, they will have a room, or rooms, which function as filming studios. They will have backgrounds set up for each channel, and we will see those backgrounds. We might see other parts of the house on occasion. We might see the living room, perhaps, in liveshows. We might see the kitchen, in cooking videos. But for the most part, we will only see the filming backgrounds. They will not take us on tours walking through the new house. We will not know the layout. We will try to work it out, but it will be extremely difficult. We will have insufficient information.

They will initially refuse to do a house tour. They will say that they are still unpacking, still decorating, there are still, somehow, boxes everywhere. It is messy and embarrassing and they are too lazy to clean. Eventually, all but the most insistent will give up asking. It will be 6 months, perhaps a year, perhaps two years, before we properly see their new home. In that time, they will deliberate, they will progress with their hinting, they will gauge responses. When they are ready, or when they are absolutely certain that they are as ready as they ever will be, they will allow us to see the whole of the house. There is one master bedroom. Everything continues as usual. No announcements. No surprises. Just their home.
I’m writing fanfic now, aren’t I. Who am I kidding? Everyone would lose their shit.
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

shoe wrote:In this time in which anything seems possible, I have a theory. A theory that seems crazy and far too good to be true. I present it in humility, and also in hope.

I think that they will film a day in the life in Singapore, or wherever they go to after Australia. I think that when they get back, to the uk, they will move into a new location. In that location, they will have a room, or rooms, which function as filming studios. They will have backgrounds set up for each channel, and we will see those backgrounds. We might see other parts of the house on occasion. We might see the living room, perhaps, in liveshows. We might see the kitchen, in cooking videos. But for the most part, we will only see the filming backgrounds. They will not take us on tours walking through the new house. We will not know the layout. We will try to work it out, but it will be extremely difficult. We will have insufficient information.
Yeah, I think it's very likely that we won't see as much of a new place as we have of the current flat. We know so much about their current flat that I think it will be a strange feeling now knowing what their home look like and I they probably will be pestered with question unless they at least show some of it.

In his last ls, Dan seemed mentioned using the desk rather then the bed as background several times, and I figured that it might be a way of introducing the idea that he won't be filming in his bedroom. I actually, think some kind of studio would be a great idea, Dan's room is kinda boring and Phil's already look like a set and maybe, maybe they can sort out the lighting...
bluewho
truth bomb

shoe wrote:In this time in which anything seems possible, I have a theory. A theory that seems crazy and far too good to be true. I present it in humility, and also in hope.

They will initially refuse to do a house tour. They will say that they are still unpacking, still decorating, there are still, somehow, boxes everywhere. It is messy and embarrassing and they are too lazy to clean. Eventually, all but the most insistent will give up asking. It will be 6 months, perhaps a year, perhaps two years, before we properly see their new home. In that time, they will deliberate, they will progress with their hinting, they will gauge responses. When they are ready, or when they are absolutely certain that they are as ready as they ever will be, they will allow us to see the whole of the house. There is one master bedroom. Everything continues as usual. No announcements. No surprises. Just their home.
I’m writing fanfic now, aren’t I. Who am I kidding? Everyone would lose their shit.
:gg:
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Can we talk about how Phil took a shameless photo of Dan and posted it on his instagram?? Then the selfie? They're killing me
jhamba
procrastinator

QuiteFriendly wrote:

Yeah, I think it's very likely that we won't see as much of a new place as we have of the current flat. We know so much about their current flat that I think it will be a strange feeling now knowing what their home look like and I they probably will be pestered with question unless they at least show some of it.

In his last ls, Dan seemed mentioned using the desk rather then the bed as background several times, and I figured that it might be a way of introducing the idea that he won't be filming in his bedroom. I actually, think some kind of studio would be a great idea, Dan's room is kinda boring and Phil's already look like a set and maybe, maybe they can sort out the lighting...
ooh, this is interesting, because if they do start using an office to make videos, then they don't even need to tell people that they have a single bedroom, if they are planning to get a single bedroom.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
nephilimcat
woodland creature

They are sharing so much, I am a happy trash can! They spoil us. I adore them, they're in love, everything's fine. Today is actually a good day for once and this makes everything even better
pulvis et umbra sumus
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's super interesting that you write this out, because without ever quite putting it into words this is what I assumed would happen. Much like QuiteFriendly, I perceived Dan's comments about not having his bed in his new background was his way of priming us for not filming in a bedroom. It immediately made me assume that we were not going to see their bedroom(s) going forward, assuming they're moving.

I don't think your theory is crazy, because it's totally logical. When they moved into their current place, they had no idea the level of privacy invasion that would be had. Videos from their early days still feature their street, after all. So it would only be smart of them to not share their place. And in doing so, they're also avoiding clarifying their relationship.

My only thought to add to this (and this is me getting wild tbh), is that the pics and public closeness is another way to just get us used to their relationship. No announcements, as you note, but also maybe we will see their new house and bedroom(s). Maybe they want to make it as little a deal as possible without completely cutting us out of their life and home.

This post is a joke and totally hilarious, but I think in some ways it's representative of what they're going for:

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/SiU ... 8327798154" data-did="9f54d9cd7e549a78e5d0b3f097d72e5d33a5f9bc">[/tumblr]

IDK, man. My phan goggles are on so tight I might be losing air.
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

I think that theory is quite likely! I remember yesterday or the day before that I read a theory on this forum that they will do a DITL while traveling in order to push away requests for them to do a DITL in their new home, since they only do one a year. This will help them in creating more privacy regarding their new space. As a viewer, I am sad that we will likely never know about a lot of it, as I am selfish and want to know But I am also happy for them being happy.

My one issue with that theory is that I've always thought they would always have two bedrooms. I think I'm one of those people who totally understands why two people in a relationship/living together would want two bedrooms, because I think I would need that personally So in my head I guess its canon that they always want two bedrooms so that they always have personal space to retreat to if they're working a lot/feeling overwhelmed/getting up early when the other went to bed late, etc.
Flomy
sofa crease

I constantly need to remind myself that all these theories are not actually true. The theories on here are so likely (and I just really want them to be true) that I would actually be shocked if they continued living in the flat after Australia. :')