Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

SquishPhan wrote:
majitzu wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
missemma wrote:Do we think Phil will do a liveshow this Thursday from the new place? I know Dan has said his will be from there next week.
I don't think we will get a Phil liveshow this week, instead I think we'll get the the vid that was already half edited last week.
Don't you think this is the video? He just need to film the last part and finish moving to upload it
Now that I think about it, it certainly could have been this vid.
Still don't think we'll get a Phil liveshow this week, though I would be more than up for one.
Maybe a gaming vid this Thursday instead.
Yeah I thought they meant this video when he said there was one part filmed, I don't want to get my hopes up but I really want him to do one, especially now that I'm convinced they are all moved in (there is no way they would have released this had they not already had that van move their shit incase of stalkers) and have their internet working.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

happy-happy about the moving, yay (although I really wanted a live show today, I miss them :( ), the video was very nice and Deppy felt very sincere in their hate for their flat I particularly appreciated Phil today, I'm not at all one to complain about him being too "persona heavy" in videos, but in this video I found him to be very little AP and very much Phil Lester.

Two things though: some people commented about how they were glad there was no "no homoing", but I took Phil's "fantasy about frolicking with a celebrity" thing as a definite "no phano", and not at all typical for Phil in that (also, notice the gender neutral wording). I'll console myself with a definite absence of any reference to Dan actually sleeping in his bedroom where he supposedly has a not shitty bed, only to him filming videos there.
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

:o OMG! I didnt see Dan's tweet earlier so when the video dropped i actually shouted and scared my son so much he cried! (He's absolutely fine FYI just not used to me shouting, he thought something was wrong! bless him )
You guys absolutely called it! Ive been lurking for months, reading all your theories (hoping they were true but again lowering my expectation!) but i am in shock! I can't believe its actually true.
Looking back its actually so clever of them to have laid this ground work (drilling, gas leak, barking dogs, main road etc etc) to subtly prepare everyone for what was coming!
Even with that in mind though, it still feels very sudden, in terms of announcing it in the last video from the flat
I said to my sister a few months ago on the way to London DAPGOOSE how them moving together would cement their relationship for a lot of people (and im a big Deppy shipper) I wonder how it will go down with anti phan believers?
Keep doing what your doing guys, you are amazing!
Last edited by BSV on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowlyphan
not a first-time poster

First post after months of lurking just to express how happy I am to see them go further in life together literally so heartwarming This announcement made my day so much better. These boys make me smile so much
malday
emo goose

Philena wrote:
gerrymandering wrote:is anyone else really jealous that their new place has aircon
Nope, because I am American. I am more jealous that their new place has a Phil.
+1

p.s. where is your new avatar from?
Last edited by malday on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ananas wrote:Delurking just to give my thoughts on this situation. I've been a casual fan of the both of them since 2011~2012. I never noticed a difference in their behavior as a casual fan. I never have thought that they are together and this move didn't change my opinion. I do get where everybody comes from, but I just never got that vibe from them.
I enjoy their content and look forward to seeing a glimpse of their new place! I'm sorry if my opinion offended anyone, I don't mean to start arguments etc. These are just my thoughts.
I have enjoyed the theories and reading some of your backstories!
Now back to lurking
Welcome! :welcome:

I don't agree with you, but I'm not at all offended and am glad to hear your opinion. You may well be right
MaggieW wrote:(Hi! Long time lurker here, this is my first post. Hi everyone!!)

I was so convinced that it was going to be a DITL video, and when I got the notification I was like "holy shit!!! the phandom actually predicted it!!"

And then I thought it was going to be a normal update video. Some bants, they saying they are moving out, and that's it... but it was actually so sweet. To me, it felt like the old videos from them (idk why), combined with the closeness that now they are showing. It made me so happy, I still can't process why. Maybe because they seemed happy about moving out and, even when they said the opposite, kind of attached to the apartment but still with hope for the future :D

Lovely video, and lovely news.
And :welcome: to you too! Interesting that it feels like old videos to you. Maybe you're right that it had that vibe.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Have any of you managed to see/read what the post its say? There's one on the carpet and another ob the mirror.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

coffeepenguin wrote:Two things though: some people commented about how they were glad there was no "no homoing", but I took Phil's "fantasy about frolicking with a celebrity" thing as a definite "no phano", and not at all typical for Phil in that (also, notice the gender neutral wording). I'll console myself with a definite absence of any reference to Dan actually sleeping in his bedroom where he supposedly has a not shitty bed, only to him filming videos there.
Why on earth is having a dream about a celebrity an anti-phan comment? People in relationships still definitely can fantasize about celebrities, and I don't think it's very reasonable to feel like you're not allowed to talk about dreams you had just because you have a significant other.

But also: hah yes, I did notice he kept referring to the bedroom as a filming location. Very interesting.
blackdenim
procrastinator

BSV wrote: I said to my sister a few months ago on the way to London DAPGOOSE how them moving together would cement their relationship for a lot of people (and im a big Deppy shipper) I wonder how it will go down with anti phan believers?
I have always been v sceptical of them being together but I said a couple of weeks ago if they moved together again and didn't make it explicit they were renting I would believe they were in a relationship. And the way this video was done, I stand by that. If they start mentioning a landlord I might go back to being sceptical but probably not as much as before.

I don't actively 'ship' anyone, so I'm not going to start discussing loving looks or Phan proof because it's not ever been my thing in any fandom I've been in! But for me, unless one of them introduces a partner, or they start saying they're not together (like they did in 2012/2013 time), I'm just going to quietly assume they're a couple from now on.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I've been pondering this whole thing where Dan keeps bringing up his new video background and how it's very pointedly not going to have a bed in it. That says one very specific thing to me and it's that he doesn't want to film in their his bedroom anymore. Curious...
Last edited by rizzo on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSV

blackdenim wrote:
BSV wrote: I said to my sister a few months ago on the way to London DAPGOOSE how them moving together would cement their relationship for a lot of people (and im a big Deppy shipper) I wonder how it will go down with anti phan believers?
I have always been v sceptical of them being together but I said a couple of weeks ago if they moved together again and didn't make it explicit they were renting I would believe they were in a relationship. And the way this video was done, I stand by that. If they start mentioning a landlord I might go back to being sceptical but probably not as much as before.

I don't actively 'ship' anyone, so I'm not going to start discussing loving looks or Phan proof because it's not ever been my thing in any fandom I've been in! But for me, unless one of them introduces a partner, or they start saying they're not together (like they did in 2012/2013 time), I'm just going to quietly assume they're a couple from now on.
Thats really interesting! Just to say i use the term 'shipper' loosely as i was writing this quickly - i too don't really care for 'loving looks' or whatever as phan proof either, just that i do believe they are together more and more this year (i guess 'believer' could have been more suitable? i dunno) Even though saying that, ive had my moments where i've completely doubted it (seriously what is my life haha) - not sure if this makes any sense, sons just gone back to school and the getting back into routine has broken me
So nice for you to reply to my comment
momoroki
glabella

Y'ALL!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! JUST HAPPENED!!!! IM LATE (as always) BUT ????!!!???!!!?!
Screaming aside, this was such a lovely video to wake up to today is set to be a rather terrible and tiring day so I'm so glad I had this to bolster my mood. Honestly I've got no coherent thoughts, just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(x10) so I will post this and be on my way. I just spent my morning reading all your responses and this really has brought us all together as a community
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I feel reborn, today's video made me squeal out loud in the middle of work when I got the notification and I spent the remaining 2 hours of my shift ready to go home and watch it all.
I didn't read it all back then but I'm so happy that you guys figured out they are moving before they said it because being kinda 'prepared' for that made me not look like a crazy woman having a crisis today.
They always make me happy, and I'm ecstatic that they are taking this step, I wonder how nervous they must have been before posting the video.
[offtopic]
also hi, so sorry it's been sooo long since I've been active but you guys can bet I lurk and miss being here like crazy :platonic:
[/offtopic]
Last edited by LurkingTrash on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

allsaintshowell wrote:i'm imagining them moving to a house like my aunt and uncle have in one of london's residential neighborhoods: small garden, three floors, attached to a bunch of other houses, a five-minute walk from the local park. i can also imagine them bickering about various houses and apartments and how close to the tube each place is and what oystercard zone they want to move to (for the sake of their wallets hopefully nothing past zone 2).
just wanna say this part you wrote was literally so pure and wholesome that i just.. d'awwed internally.
:transheart:
blackdenim
procrastinator

BSV wrote:
blackdenim wrote:

Thats really interesting! Just to say i use the term 'shipper' loosely as i was writing this quickly - i too don't really care for 'loving looks' or whatever as phan proof either, just that i do believe they are together more and more this year (i guess 'believer' could have been more suitable? i dunno) Even though saying that, ive had my moments where i've completely doubted it (seriously what is my life haha) - not sure if this makes any sense, sons just gone back to school and the getting back into routine has broken me
So nice for you to reply to my comment
No I totally get you! I think I have been converted from non-believer to believer too now! I probably will go through doubts like you mentioned, just because they are both ambiguous, but I feel like the default stance in my head will be 'they're together' rather than 'they're not together' from now on!

Me and my ex used to have 'arguments' about D&P haha because we were together a long time so he was around back when I first found D&P and I made him watch a load of their vids over the years, he got into it (but pretended he hated it obv).

He was convinced they were a couple and was always telling me I would come round eventually so I'm lowkey mad right now that he was proved right in the end tbh.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote:
coffeepenguin wrote:Two things though: some people commented about how they were glad there was no "no homoing", but I took Phil's "fantasy about frolicking with a celebrity" thing as a definite "no phano", and not at all typical for Phil in that (also, notice the gender neutral wording). I'll console myself with a definite absence of any reference to Dan actually sleeping in his bedroom where he supposedly has a not shitty bed, only to him filming videos there.
Why on earth is having a dream about a celebrity an anti-phan comment? People in relationships still definitely can fantasize about celebrities, and I don't think it's very reasonable to feel like you're not allowed to talk about dreams you had just because you have a significant other.

But also: hah yes, I did notice he kept referring to the bedroom as a filming location. Very interesting.
I'm not saying people in relationships can't fantasize about other people (be it celebrities or not), it just feels significant to me compared to other things Phil could have talked about (like reading a book or playing an app game), especially in a situation where he's being made aware on a daily basis by his fanbase that everything he says that could ge tracee to a potential relationship is over-analysed to death. And the fact that the whole comment just doesn't feel very Phil, fantasizing about celebrities is much more of a Dan thing (which celebrity is he even frolicking with, he hasn't had any public celebrity crushes, apart from Sarah Michelle Gellar ca 1997, for years)
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

I'm mildly ashamed of how excited I am to see what their new flat is like and how they've decorated it, I hope phil finally has a room where every window is made of glass
KoolKatt
tol bean

GUYSSS!!!! i know i rarely post but I just wanted to say HOW EXCITED I AM!!! OMG
I'm not gonna lie, I definitely shed a few tears over their apartment, but knowing they hated it made me feel a lot better.

Now let's just hope their new flat/house/whatever allows FRICKN DOGS DAMMIT !!!!!
2017 deppy is getting better and better... hopefully it'll remain that way
saffarinda
truth bomb

This vid drew in so many first time posters - are we now calling this living in a post-moving universe?
25/04/2017 - #blessed
autumnhearth
senpai

I've been thinking quite a bit about their previous and future living arrangements. Personally I consider this new place the fourth place they have lived together. The London flat, their two bedroom Manchester flat and "Phil's place" (one bedroom Manchester flat) being the previous three. Yes Dan had a dorm room, that he shot a few videos in, but the majority were filmed at Phil's place, at night. In a deleted vloggy video from August 8th 2010 he announced that Phil was moving out of his parents, prefacing it as: "I guess the next interesting thing that is happening in my life is that- well it's not really to do with me, but uh..." (sure Dan). Then he said "I can't wait to dump all my sh*t in his house, and um just stay there all the time and eat his food, it's going to be great." Plus in a December 2010 video setting up the Christmas tree Phil bought, he referred to it as "our tree" and Dan was definitely staying over two nights in a row :)

Their early living arrangements remind me a lot of me and my husband's. My parents paid for a dorm room my sophomore and junior year of college, but I spent almost every night at his apartment. We have the same age difference as Dan and Phil, so yeah, I am fascinated by their dynamic and umm might be projecting just a bit.

Now, that is not the same feel and power balance of getting a place together. I imagine that even the second Manchester flat felt a bit more like Phil's with Dan as his roommate live in boyfriend. With their London flat they were probably on much more on equal footing decision wise and then this new place should feel even more like their home. So yeah, I think they have actually been living together for 7 years (well a little over 6 and half). I don't think it will be their last home together. I imagine that 10, 15, 20 years down the road when they are slowing down with YouTube/focusing on other creative projects/retired/starting a family they may want to move out of the city proper.

blackdenim wrote: I'm just going to quietly assume they're a couple from now on.
That sounds nice and sane. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so inclined to shipping
(are these shipping goggles? Oh yes, oh my they are. Lovely.)
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

saffarinda wrote:This vid drew in so many first time posters - are we now calling this living in a post-moving universe?
Lmao, I welcome the post-moving universe and I'll gladly call it that.
Ilovethemohyesido wrote:Have any of you managed to see/read what the post its say? There's one on the carpet and another ob the mirror.
As creepy as it makes me feel, and as pointless as it is, I was wondering about this too. The blue one looks like 'worry' to me. Dunno what that would mean but that's what it looks like.
ImageImage
The pink one on the floor however, could be written in another language, no idea. There's also a bunch of sticky notes at the end, on the boxes, on the furniture. I find that endearing for whatever reason.
Since I'm already here, here's some more screenshots I took of things that caught my eye, go ahead if ya feel.
I hate myself for wanting to figure out each thing that's in that little case.
from what i recognize it looks pretty typical.
that metal chair tripped me up. I don't remember ever seeing it before!
a jar of folded up paper, and a 'legal methods and systems' book. I'd guess the jar's from pinof, which would be cute : )
what's that on the bedside table? looks like a wallet and lighter to me? but I'm about 10% sure on that.Image
dunno what room that window peeks into, or how I don't remember seeing those cat paintings. really, if anyone knows the cat paintings' backstory, I'd love to hear it.
Anyway, the madmen, can't believe they actually Did That™. I can, but still it's quite surreal.
... let's talk about house plants.
allsaintshowell

dannonfill wrote:
Ilovethemohyesido wrote:Have any of you managed to see/read what the post its say? There's one on the carpet and another ob the mirror.
As creepy as it makes me feel, and as pointless as it is, I was wondering about this too. The blue one looks like 'worry' to me. Dunno what that would mean but that's what it looks like.
ImageImage
The pink one on the floor however, could be written in another language, no idea. There's also a bunch of sticky notes at the end, on the boxes, on the furniture. I find that endearing for whatever reason.
as far as i saw, the only blue sticky notes were on both of their mirrors with a bunch of other things having pink sticky notes, including dan's bed/bedding, desk, and a ton of things (posters?) on phil's bed. maybe the pink sticky notes are things they're taking but couldn't pack or still have to pack? the blue sticky note could just be "not taking" but phil's dresser has no sticky notes so who knows.
dannonfill wrote:Since I'm already here, here's some more screenshots I took of things that caught my eye, go ahead if ya feel.
that metal chair tripped me up. I don't remember ever seeing it before!
the metal chair is rarely seen but you can see it in dan's mirror selfies, the making of tabinof, etc. also note the straightener plugged in even though dan no longer straightens his hair...
Last edited by allsaintshowell on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
malday
emo goose

The notes could be the names of people they are giving away that stuff to.
Or maybe the parts of the new house where they want to put that stuff in.
auri
Pronouns: they/them

autumnhearth wrote:I've been thinking quite a bit about their previous and future living arrangements. Personally I consider this new place the fourth place they have lived together. The London flat, their two bedroom Manchester flat and "Phil's place" (one bedroom Manchester flat) being the previous three. Yes Dan had a dorm room, that he shot a few videos in, but the majority were filmed at Phil's place, at night. In a deleted vloggy video from August 8th 2010 he announced that Phil was moving out of his parents, prefacing it as: "I guess the next interesting thing that is happening in my life is that- well it's not really to do with me, but uh..." (sure Dan). Then he said "I can't wait to dump all my sh*t in his house, and um just stay there all the time and eat his food, it's going to be great." Their early living arrangements remind me a lot of me and my future husband's. My parents paid for a dorm room my sophomore and junior year but I spent almost every night at his apartment. (We have the same age difference as Dan and Phil).

Now, that is not the same feel and power balance of getting a place together. I imagine that even the second Manchester flat felt a bit more like Phil's with Dan as his roommate live in boyfriend. With their London flat they were probably on much more on equal footing decision wise and then this new place should feel even more like their home. So yeah, I think they have actually been living together for 7 years (well a little over 6 and half). I don't think it will be their last home together. I imagine that 10, 15, 20 years down the road when they are slowing down with YouTube/focusing on other creative projects/retired/starting a family they may want to move out of the city proper.
This is literally everything I've been thinking about since the new video. They have been living together for such a long time and sure, they had reasons for it (rent, work on BBC) and I do understand them but.

They have the money to live separately. They have the money. They have lived so long together and they are still going to live together even though they don't have a "reason". If I was a 25-year-old and had never lived on my own before, and had the money for a nice place to live by myself, I would. But still, they continue to live together. And god help me, sure, it might be because they are just used to it by now and they like the idea of sharing a flat with someone you know and trust, but it just doesn't seem like bros being housemates anymore. Jokes about the universe tearing apart if those two were more than a foot away from each other kinda start to seem like a real thing that might happen. Their lives are so joint together and I am weirdly emotional about it when did I became this person??? the answer is: like few hours ago.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm going to guess their new place will be similar to Joe Sugg i.e. security gated community with large space for the crap they never throw away. They might no longer require to rent storage outside as they do now.

I figured they started their intent to move back on that day when Dan no longer bother to keep his suitcases in its place and leave it at the hallway.

It became a reality to me when their {location info removed - jesp} flat is suddenly offline on a property site listing I tend to visit a few months back.

I am now so looking forward to the upcoming liveshow

As for the colour coded stickers, normally it is for the professional movers to know which room in the new home they suppose to be moved in.
Last edited by jesp on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed private info