Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lost686girl
living flop

confusedpanda wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
lost686girl wrote:Apparently pj had a live stream and talked about an upcoming wedding? Does anyone have a quote of what he said?

With that and Louise's comment about a wedding in may, some are speculating an phan wedding (pretty preposterous but hey anything can happen is this post baking universe)
didn't a few months ago, in a live show, Phil had his calendar open on May, and people made a huge deal and said to make a note of it. Not that I think they're getting married, but reading your comment made something click in my head.
Also wasn't there a time when they apparently went to a bakery for "just cookies" but walked out with two small cakes and a few other things? they were doing the cake testing then, the plot thickens.
But no really, for both Louise and pj to mention a wedding next month, it seems pretty likely that a YouTube couple is gonna get married then. Any well known YouTube couples announced an engagement in the past year or so?
Hum is there a pic of them near the bakery?

Also I'm not sure if pj said the wedding was in may, just that he mentioned one (does anyone have context for us????)
Flomy
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

I really love your stories guys! A lot of different people brought together by these lovely dorks. I am 23 years old, I am a psychologist with a huge debt, living on my own in a little studio and I wish I had my sexuality figured out but I dunno when that's gonna happen. :') I wish you all the best.
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

lurker wrote: well i'm glad you understand me as for the autobiographies -- i'm willing to hold out until 2070 when they sell exclusive interview rights to a screenplay writer and their story gets made into an artsy historical film.
I sure hope we don't have to wait until 2070. I'll be 97!
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

lost686girl wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
000dia000 wrote:
lost686girl wrote:Apparently pj had a live stream and talked about an upcoming wedding? Does anyone have a quote of what he said?

With that and Louise's comment about a wedding in may, some are speculating an phan wedding (pretty preposterous but hey anything can happen is this post baking universe)
didn't a few months ago, in a live show, Phil had his calendar open on May, and people made a huge deal and said to make a note of it. Not that I think they're getting married, but reading your comment made something click in my head.
Also wasn't there a time when they apparently went to a bakery for "just cookies" but walked out with two small cakes and a few other things? they were doing the cake testing then, the plot thickens.
But no really, for both Louise and pj to mention a wedding next month, it seems pretty likely that a YouTube couple is gonna get married then. Any well known YouTube couples announced an engagement in the past year or so?
Hum is there a pic of them near the bakery?

Also I'm not sure if pj said the wedding was in may, just that he mentioned one (does anyone have context for us????)
they also talked about the bakery situation with just wanting some cookies and walking away with more than just cookies in their live shows that week (Phil's on January 19th and Dan's on January 24th).
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
SexyTrashCan
morning quiff

malday wrote:
interesting they both liked this
I'm sorry I have to be honest the first thing I noticed was "power bottom"
:D
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

It's really interesting reading about people on here, I'd just like to say that I dropped out of my degree due to some horrible circumstances that eventually lead to counselling when I was a teenager but I actually discovered d&p when I was procrastinating on the other site because I was avoiding essays by watching another YouTuber who I've since mainly stopped watching, I'm in my mid thirties and I finally got my degree last year. My employment history was one of the reasons I was accepted on my course because I have experience working in the area I got my degree in, and if I hadn't worked in that area I wouldn't have known I wanted a degree in my field if I hadn't had that experience if that makes sense? Anyway the point of this ramble is that one way or another it's ok not to do things at the traditional milestones/timescales, and it's ok not to do things at all, a degree is not the be all and end all, and I hope everyone who is wondering what to do with their lives knows that focussing on getting yourselves into a good place mentally is the main thing and everything else can follow after, take care x
pearshaped34
morning quiff

confusedpanda wrote: But no really, for both Louise and pj to mention a wedding next month, it seems pretty likely that a YouTube couple is gonna get married then. Any well known YouTube couples announced an engagement in the past year or so?
Does it? I've been to weddings in the last February, June, July, August and December. And chances are at least a dozen other members of this forum have been to a wedding in one of those months as well.

Lousie and PJ could having a wedding to attend in the same month doesn't suggest it is a youtube wedding they could very easily have two separate friends marrying in the same month just as I suspect I and many people on here probably have. It's not odd for two people to be attending different weddings in the same month, there are only 12 months in a year and people get married all the time.
dontpanic
#relatable

I'm back with the product of another one of my mindless research spirals!

I made a weirdly detailed excel spreadsheet containing most of Deppy's channel and public financial stats (I'm going to ignore how stalker-y that makes me sound, but come on I made a similar one for the Del Taco company last year so like...I'll pretend that's the same sort of thing).

But anyway, since I can't figure out how to link an excel doc nor a screenshot because I'm computer inept, I'll just throw the gist of it under a spoiler
Financial Information regarding merch sales, tatinof income, etc. has not been released yet. I know some of these views would have come after the fiscal year came to a close, but I think including those views can offset the views they got from re-watches on older vids. Channel Stats as of 220417

Information After 31 Oct. 2015 until 31 Oct. 2016

danisnotonfire Channel Stats:
Total Views: 58,837,774
Vids 10 mins < run time < 20 : 2
Vids with 20 mins < run time: 2
Spon Videos: 1

AmazingPhil Channel Stats:
Total Views: 50,217,293
Vids 10 mins < run time < 20 : 6
Vids with 20 mins < run time: 0
Spon Videos: 0

Dan Howell Limited Earnings (public information):
Total Earnings, 2015: 599,264
Total Earnings, 2016 : 1,287,750
Increase in Earnings: 688,486
Percent Increase in Earnings: 115%

AmazingPhil Limited Earnings (public information):
Total Earnings, 2015: 411,971
Total Earnings, 2016 : 1,046,861
Increase in Earnings: 634,890
Percent Increase in Earnings: 154%
I'm too tired to analyze this more, maybe later. I'd love to see what you all garner from this, though!

Looking just at the channel stats I'm almost certain their gaming channel earnings haven't been factored in even though sources have it listed under Dan Howell Limited. The gaming channel would have made at least a few 100 thousand pounds, and just by views alone it's evident dan would have made more than phil, they both have roughly the same runtime on vids and dan even has the anime spon falling into this fiscal year instead of last. Where would the gaming channel earnings be going then? Embezzlement? jk...

Edit: I realized I just spent more than an hour inputing the view counts of each of their videos into an excel spreadsheet. Im not sorry.
Last edited by dontpanic on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
dannonfill
spork
Pronouns: they/them

lost686girl wrote:
lost686girl wrote:Apparently pj had a live stream and talked about an upcoming wedding? Does anyone have a quote of what he said? With that and Louise's comment about a wedding in may, some are speculating an phan wedding (pretty preposterous but hey anything can happen is this post baking universe)
Yeah I'd like to know what live show this was apparently in? I just watched PJ's doodle stream from yesterday, and he didn't say one lick of anything about a wedding. Mentioned new merch in May but, that's entirely different lol.
I'm having fun believing though.
@47:14 is the May merch timestamp, for posterity's sake : p
... let's talk about house plants.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

dannonfill wrote:
lost686girl wrote:
lost686girl wrote:Apparently pj had a live stream and talked about an upcoming wedding? Does anyone have a quote of what he said? With that and Louise's comment about a wedding in may, some are speculating an phan wedding (pretty preposterous but hey anything can happen is this post baking universe)
Yeah I'd like to know what live show this was apparently in? I just watched PJ's doodle stream from yesterday, and he didn't say one lick of anything about a wedding. Mentioned new merch in May but, that's entirely different lol.
I'm having fun believing though.
@47:14 is the May merch timestamp, for posterity's sake : p
I think people are saying live show by mistake because it's really from a new pjthekick video.
but yeah, after watching it, it's clear that he mentioned merch in may, not a wedding in may. He talked about how weddings and funerals just pop up out of no where. So it's more along the lines of this somehow got misinterpreted somewhere along the line. So I retract my statement about being convinced some YouTube couple might get married after understanding this context.
Edit, I'm not sure why the YouTube embed isn't working??
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

Sakura Selfie wrote: Anyway the point of this ramble is that one way or another it's ok not to do things at the traditional milestones/timescales, and it's ok not to do things at all, a degree is not the be all and end all, and I hope everyone who is wondering what to do with their lives knows that focussing on getting yourselves into a good place mentally is the main thing and everything else can follow after, take care x
Thank you for this! I spent so many years caught up on timelines and "when will x, y, and z happen for me?" and in my recent experiences I've learned how little control anyone really has with all of that, and it helped me so much. I wish someone were around to tell me this when I was struggling rather than "everyone moves at their own pace" which implies that there is still a timeline to be followed and some people are slower than others.. which is just not true!

Ignore my rambling, this message is just very important to me as of late! Thanks for articulating it so well!
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

@ dontpanic i think dapg might be going to dan howell ltd even if it doesn't look like it considering dinof gets more views and has more subscribers, but we need to remember that his channel isn't advertiser friendly like ap, to the point that it completely disappears under restricted mode, and youtubers with non advertiser friendly channels have been complaining that they are making like 20% of what they used to make

so who know, either way it's still a shit ton of money, i'm happy for them

now my life story since we're sharing those
i'm 21, a communications/advertising student in an ongoing moral crisis trying to balance out my hate for capitalism and my fascination for advertising as a subject (it isn't going v well tbh), i have a full time job as a community manager for an ad agency that is boring as hell and i get payed shit but hey need that job experience. i'm also socially awkward and insecure as hell which means i've never been in a relationship ever but tbh i'm too busy trying to figure what i want to do w my life and my fucking morally questionable degree to worry about this for now
tl, dr: i am that 14 years old teenager that started watching deppy in 2010 and kind of stuck around that someone mentioned lol
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Lain
eclipse shirt

I don't post as often as I'd like (is that Submit button as terrifying to anyone else as it is to me?), but I've really enjoyed reading these "about me" posts you've all shared, and feel inspired to tip-toe out of my shell again.
I'm 30 something and have two daughters (3 and nearly 7). I dropped out of university in the second year of my Criminology degree and I'm still kicking myself for it. My eldest daughter is sort of familiar with D&P in the way she is with all of my hardcore fandom-ish interests (X-Files, Firefly etc). I've been struggling with alcoholism for a number of years, but I'm determined to overcome it. Both my s/o and I enjoy watching Deppy together (or is he humouring me? he's probably humouring me), and the vidoes we all look forward to have been a real source of joy and distraction for me.
saffarinda
truth bomb

dontpanic wrote:I'm back with the product of another one of my mindless research spirals!

I made a weirdly detailed excel spreadsheet containing most of Deppy's channel and public financial stats (I'm going to ignore how stalker-y that makes me sound, but come on I made a similar one for the Del Taco company last year so like...I'll pretend that's the same sort of thing).

But anyway, since I can't figure out how to link an excel doc nor a screenshot because I'm computer inept, I'll just throw the gist of it under a spoiler
Financial Information regarding merch sales, tatinof income, etc. has not been released yet. I know some of these views would have come after the fiscal year came to a close, but I think including those views can offset the views they got from re-watches on older vids. Channel Stats as of 220417

I'm too tired to analyze this more, maybe later. I'd love to see what you all garner from this, though!

Looking just at the channel stats I'm almost certain their gaming channel earnings haven't been factored in even though sources have it listed under Dan Howell Limited. The gaming channel would have made at least a few 100 thousand pounds, and just by views alone it's evident dan would have made more than phil, they both have roughly the same runtime on vids and dan even has the anime spon falling into this fiscal year instead of last. Where would the gaming channel earnings be going then? Embezzlement? jk...

Edit: I realized I just spent more than an hour inputing the view counts of each of their videos into an excel spreadsheet. Im not sorry.
Thats so interesting! Thanks for taking the time to do that wow. Where are the stats published?

Also, wow they increased more between 2015 and 2016 than I thought they would have - 115% and 154% damn, thats nice. I thought their view counts seemed pretty similar but apparently not - I would have guessed gaming vids if you hadn't said they didn't factor into it, plus the information is up til 31st Oct 2016, and they only started uploading super frequently during and after Gamingmas
25/04/2017 - #blessed
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

dontpanic wrote:I'm back with the product of another one of my mindless research spirals!

This is really interesting! I don't think I ever realized just how much money they make. They have 3 shared companies--IRL Digital Ltd., Dan and Phil Productions Ltd. (which is the company credited in both of the YT Red films), and TATINOF Ltd. Neither of the latter two have released financial statements, but IRL Digital has:

IRL Digital is listed to have 3 directors: Dan, Phil, and Martyn.
I'm very interested in seeing the Dan and Phil Productions Ltd. stuff once (if?) it comes out.
Of course my first post is some weird financial stalking...

Edit: I got the above (and I think the others got the figures for the other corps) from [Moderator Action: link removed]. That's Dan's profile, you can easily get to Phil's from one of those companies.
Last edited by shoe on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed to protect personal information in accordance with Rule 3
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
kalli
butt chair

I typed most of this up last night so it's kind of off-topic now with all this community bonding But I still want post it so I'll just put it under a spoiler :thumb:
captainspacecoat wrote:I'm still unconvinced that there'll be a Singapore ditl, even though I desperately want one. I just feel like the camera Dan was holding in the photo where they're sitting on the ground isn't the one they usually vlog with (if I remember correctly?), and the fact that it was on a lanyard around his neck makes me think it wouldn't be the most convenient for vlogging. Maybe he was just down low to get those aesthetic phallic cactus shots
I was thinking the same thing about the camera. I really don't see why they (or anyone for the matter) would use a DSLR for vlogging. They'd need a wide angle lens (probably <20mm focal length) to be able to hold a camera at arms length and not look like a zoomed-in blurry mess, which I doubt they own if they generally only use their camera for their YouTube videos. Even if they did have an appropriate lens, holding a big camera would get tiring on their arms after a while. They have a decent point-and-shoot which they've used for other vlogs, so if there is a Singapore ditl, I'm pretty much certain that's what they used. Although out of all the people who met them, no one saw them vlogging, so I'm thinking there isn't going to be one but I really hope I'm wrong.

Re: Yasuhati video - I think everyone else has said everything I've wanted to say by now. I don't know how often I'll want to rewatch, but it was just as hilarious as the last one and the moment when Phil put his hand on Dan's back was a cuteness overload. I pretty much always get secondhand embarrassment watching/listening to people sing unless they're really good or it's obviously very silly, and this video crossed into the very silly category so I didn't find it too bad. And add me to the group of people who found it interesting when Phil said he didn't care what the neighbours thought anymore.
Moon wrote:kalli, good luck for your exam :thumb:
Thank you! Unfortunately the timer (it was an online exam) glitched from 2 hours remaining to only 1 so I panicked and rushed through it, completely forgetting about the emergency number we were supposed to call if we had any issues :facepalm: So needless to say, I could have definitely done better if I had the 3 hours I was supposed to have, but I managed to finish with 4 seconds to spare and I think I did fairly well so I'll just run with it
This is just a small portion of everyone's lives, but it really reminds you how diverse yet similar people can be. And it's nice getting to know everybody here on a more personal level. Maybe we can do life updates every once in a while?

I'm 18 and finishing my first year of university tomorrow. I'm studying psychology and my initial plan was to continue into a master's in social work, but I'm not exactly sure I'm meant to do a conventional job. I definitely want finish my bachelor's for a variety of reasons, but I'm just going to see how the rest of my life works out until the end of my degree and decide where to go from there.

I guess I already do have a bit of a plan that I'm beginning to test which is outside of the get an expensive degree and work a job that makes me sad but I thought would make me happy path. I'm going to start selling my paintings for some extra money, and I'll probably donate a couple too, in hopes of getting some exposure while helping out a couple good causes. I don't think I want to do art for a living, but I'd love to do it as a part time thing. This is definitely the less wild part of my atypical life goals, so prepare yourselves for the second part...

Essentially I was in a lecture one day, talking about capitalism and how difficult it is for people to get ahead unless you're at the top of the ladder and have direct control over a successful product/service and all that, which sparked one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever had: What better way to beat the system than to open a wholesome business like a mini golf course?

Of course I'm in no way counting on being able to live off a mini golf course, I'm just saying I wouldn't be complaining if I could make it work. In the town where I grew up and where my mom still currently lives, there's this guy who runs a mini golf course in the parking lot of the local mall and that's his only job. Like he literally only works 4 months of the year and has done so for a good 20 years. I have no idea what his wife does, but they and their two kids are clearly very financially stable. It makes me think that if he can do it, why can't I do something similar?

My mom is moving back to the east coast (where all of our family lives) next year, and this town has so many people but absolutely nothing to do, especially for kids and teens. They don't even have a proper mall, just a movie theatre, a park and a very run-down fair for a couple days each summer, for a population of over 50,000. Going to the grocery store is basically considered a source of entertainment there, it's that boring and uneventful. It sounds like a good place to open something fun like a mini golf course to me. My uncle is willing to help me build it, and I have a bunch of design ideas, so I'm just going for it. Starting out small and building my way up, it can't hurt anything. I'll let you guys know how it works out

All in all,
FOLLOW UR DREAMS
We're all just tumbleweeding through life and I wish everyone the best.

Also, I've seen a lot of new people join in recently, so :welcome:

As for the wedding speculation, I'm more convinced they're moving and I can't imagine them moving and getting married within the same month or two. I don't think their visit to the bakery and the polar bear cakes could have any connection either. They look like mousse cakes to me, which are obviously quite delicate and I can't imagine being able to make a tiered wedding cake out of it. But who knows, I suppose they could have been there to plan out a cake and ended up going home with polar bear cakes simply because they look cute.
trashqueen wrote:@ dontpanic i think dapg might be going to dan howell ltd even if it doesn't look like it considering dinof gets more views and has more subscribers, but we need to remember that his channel isn't advertiser friendly like ap, to the point that it completely disappears under restricted mode, and youtubers with non advertiser friendly channels have been complaining that they are making like 20% of what they used to make
As far as I understand, disappearing under restricted mode and being non-advertiser friendly are two separate issues. The concern over restricted mode is videos in which children should not be blocked from watching, such as LGBT+ content, being blocked despite being harmless. Whereas the non-advertiser friendly issue has to do with YouTube algorithms demonetizing videos, which has affected primarily videos discussing politics. You'll know if a video has been demonetized because it won't have ads, and as far as I can tell it hasn't affected Dan whatsoever.

I can't remember which liveshow, but Dan mentioned it once when everyone was in a frenzy over people's videos being demonetized. He said he knew about the rules and felt the only issue was with creators not being notified if their videos were demonetized, which is why the whole thing started, because YouTube decided to finally notify creators of all their demonetized videos. I got the impression that he felt like other people had been exaggerating the issue, and he didn't seem fazed by it.

So yeah, I'm going to say those are just his dinof earnings, and dapg earnings will remain a mystery.

wow this is a long post, sorry folks
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

trashqueen wrote:tl, dr: i am that 14 years old teenager that started watching deppy in 2010 and kind of stuck around that someone mentioned lol
Glad to know that demographic does actually exist! My contribution to the Internet Support Group bonding time:
Yeah, I'm another 18 year old. That must make the fifth one of us by now! :D Discovered Deppy in November 2013 and was a fairly invested fan (I watched every single video but didn't have twitter) until I discovered gg, the phandirectory and the drug deal and fell down the rabbit hole of phan. I'm a first-year arts student, still living at home, and although I'm enjoying my course so far I'm not sure i'll ever do anything with it. I like working with kids but idk if i'd want to be a teacher. It's all up in the air (i haven't even picked my major yet lol) and that's honestly a big part of why i picked arts: i could pick all my units, so I just picked ones that i thought looked interesting. My mum encouraged me to do law but I've never been the slightest bit interested in law and i didn't want to do a Dan. So there's that.

My younger sister also watches deppy, but not as invested as me (mostly just phil and the gaming channel, but I show her Dan's videos sometimes) and was my tatinof buddy with her cat whiskers hat. None of my irl friends are interested in deppy, but if i wear my tatinof shirt to uni then someone is nearly always bound to tell me they appreciate my shirt. :platonic:
palomeheart
dank meme

I'm not much of a believer in the May deppy wedding at the moment (though I'd love for to prove me wrong wrong), but I will say that when I first read that PJ had mentioned a May wedding too, I took that as a strong indication that it wasn't their wedding. I could potentially see Louise not seeing the harm in mentioning a wedding in passing (that happens to be theirs), but PJ always gave me the impression that he understood the phandom better, had experience keeping relationships private, and wouldn't publically touch anything phan related with a 10 foot pole. When I actually watched his video and heard what he said for myself (that he's very busy now and in the upcoming months and things like weddings and funerals tend to pop up in you schedule and make it more complicated) I found it slightly more plausible. It struck me as a sort of weird thing to say honestly, because weddings don't really tend to literally pop up, though I could see forgetting about it and then suddenly remembering an entire weekend is gone. Funerals do pop up, but, at least in my experience, not super regularly and that's not something I'd think to factor in to my schedule for the next few months. Though he may have had a funeral to attend recently. Otherwise, it could have potentially been phrased in a roundabout/unusual way to remain less telling. And it did seem like he was saying that he was expecting at least one of those things to impact his schedule in the coming weeks/months.

That being said, I'd need a lot more evidence before I hopped on the May wedding train. But, again, feel free to prove me wrong.
it's a useful thing
readingmama
dank meme

Hi All! I'm taking the opportunity while so many introductions are going on here to jump out of lurking and actively participate.

I am a 30 something mother(of 3) and I was actually introduced to by my daughters in mid 2015, initially drawn in by curiosity about the people that were having a positive impact on my kids and then finding myself deep in the
I'd just like to say that I am someone who is relatively stable in their life right now but that my life definitely does not look like what I thought it would be at this point and I do struggle with that. I am someone who dropped out of college to spend time at home raising my kids and stumbled into a great job after they went to school. I am also someone who spent years in a dysfunctional relationship and has spent the better part of the last year dealing with the aftermath of that ending. I sometimes feel more like time is just passing instead of me actively living but I am mostly enjoying the ride(now).Life is hard and nobody has a " how -to" manual. Society can have ridiculous expectations and standards but I have come to believe that everyone is just trying to survive and find some degree of peace and happiness. D&P (and IDB) provide something to enjoy.
Its wonderful to find a place like this and I hope I can contribute positively. I really enjoy all the different personalities and viewpoints here!
dontpanic
#relatable

@saffarinda, for the stats I went through their channels and made a list of the information from all their videos during the 2015/16 fiscal year, then I added up all their views and things. The financial stuff comes from their small company accounts filings, where I just looked at their new 2016 accounts and made comparisons to their 2015 accounts. The raw data is easily accessible public information but I don’t want to link it here since some of their more personal information can be found in related docs. You can find their public account filings with a simple google search, though.
@myllakka, ik, when the IRL Digital statements came out I was shocked, the difference between the two years is crazy, And the year ended 31 May, so the US tour was only about half over!
trashqueen wrote:@ dontpanic i think dapg might be going to dan howell ltd even if it doesn't look like it considering dinof gets more views and has more subscribers, but we need to remember that his channel isn't advertiser friendly like ap, to the point that it completely disappears under restricted mode, and youtubers with non advertiser friendly channels have been complaining that they are making like 20% of what they used to make

so who know, either way it's still a shit ton of money, i'm happy for them
For the whole restricted problem, it wouldn’t directly damage his earnings, it would first be reflected in his view count, because being restricted stops kids from viewing videos altogether. Dan’s doing pretty well regarding views, so having videos restricted isn’t a big deal.

And the surprise demonetization thing most likely doesn’t affect Dan’s bottom line, DINOF is a pretty clean channel as far as relevant YouTubers are concerned, it only seems like it’s not in relation to beauty gurus and vloggers. It’s channels like H3H3, IDubbbz, and Phillip Defranco who are realizing some videos are getting unmonetized for a bunch of reasons that for the most part don’t apply to Dan.
Dan uses uncontroversial swears (lol that feels weird to say) and his sexual jokes are PG-13 level at most—he’s got in-offensive content with teen viewers, advertising company kryptonite. Plus if Susan the YouTube Overload approves of him, I’d bet all the money I don’t have that Dan’s channel’s Google Preferred.

Plus, most of the drastic demonetization problems are pretty recent—a byproduct of the chain of events the PewDiePie controversy set off. Even if Dan gets hit by this it wouldn’t change his earnings from the time period filed here. YouTube can’t retract money someone made months earlier.

Omg I just spent way too much time thinking about this issue, it’s just that every once in a while I see a flood of fans getting way too dramatic on twitter and tumblr saying Dan’s gonna go broke just because he says a few swear words. He just isn’t edgy. Don’t tell Dan, though, I don’t want to break his soft hobbit-hair heart

I’m sorry, this wasn’t really a response to anyone it was really just me over-analyzing things again (plus I just want to know how much DAPG makes, ffs! Why am I so interested in this??)

Edit: Also, I just saw the word 'wedding' in one of the posts that popped up while I was writing this, so I can't wait to catch back up
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Hi to all the new people!!
I related to things a few people wrote. I'm 20 and trying to overcome some reasonably bad anxiety (and might actually be making head-way!!) So I think I qualify for the 20s and slightly stuck in life club. Like a few people here I'm working to become a lawyer
I think I'd be here even if it wasn't for the anxiety though. I do love deppy. And forums. The anxiety's actually made it very hard to post, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not writing stupid things, and that there's so many people posting, it wouldn't even matter if I did.
On a good week, most weeks, even, deppy are just two dorks I love and find entertaining, on a bad week (like this one) they're more like a lifeline.
onetruetrash: laughing about this being the Internet Support Group.
trashqueen:
that sentence you wrote about being socially awkward/insecure but not having enough time/energy to figure life-stuff out rn rang so true to me. like, i could have written it.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Thanks for the financial info. This is something I have been wondering about. I am happy that they are doing well yet aren't crazy spenders. Probably saving for the future and also wanting to stay relatable. Is relatable millionaires an oxymoron? I do hope they spend some of that dough on a house with a music room for a piano, much storage, air con, and a garden for a dog or dogs. Not sure if many houses have them in England but would love them to have a pool.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
DeadlyNova
living flop

I haven't posted in a while(but I'm always lurking) but since it's sharing hour I will also share.

I'll be 23 in a couple of months and I live with my grandfather. I had plans to move out but he relies on me for pretty much everything so I can't leave, but I'm also kind of fine with that because I am absolutely terrified of 'adulting'.

I did really well in high school and had a 4.0 GPA, but I have no desire to ever pursue any further education so I never went to university because I have no idea what I want to do with my life and in my mind it's pointless if I'm going to just be working the same jobs I would be without a degree.

I work full time but am incredibly irresponsible with money and end up spending almost all of my money on my various expensive hobbies between paychecks and have no idea how I'm going to function in the real world with my bad spending habits.

Also I only just got my driver's license back in October which may not be a big deal to those of you that live in cities but I live in the middle of nowhere and civilization is like 15 miles away(and no such thing as public transport) so I am very behind here with pretty much everything.
helvetica
sofa crease

it's been great hearing everyone's stories so I figured I'd share mine real quick. I'm 17, I don't think anyone else has mentioned being 17 so that's quite exciting, and am a junior in high school. So far I haven't dropped out of anything but I did quit my calculus class last week (because I was failing it) which I'm worried will affect my college apps. This sucks because I hold super high standards for myself and constantly worry about my work ethic even tho I spend too much time procrastinatings. But fortunately I'm better at the humanities and arts anyways, so I hope to do something creative and impactful when I'm older. I also am pretty introverted, awkward, and weird, which is probably why I enjoy Dan Chris and PJ. Phil is also amazingly cool but a lot of the time Amazingphil is too "produced" for me.
helvetica
sofa crease

sry for double posting but what video is this from? don't remember it, Phil looks good in it tho