Dan & Phil Part 43: I'll touch you when I please

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

Anyone else want to die of cringe when Dan was addressing the audience about how them moving was a bigger deal for *us* than them. It was just so very cringe to me that he genuinely think we are all so obsessed with them that them moving house is going to be on upheaval to our lives. Like don't get me wrong I am undeniably invested in them but for me that translates into being happy for them that they have a new home and also pleased for myself there is going to be new backgrounds in videos as I did get sick of looking at their old rooms. I certainly don't feel like this is a big change for me personally though or that it's something that would have caused any kind of emotional turmoil for me if it had just been sprung on me.
I didn't cringe but I did notice. I'm also in the bandwagon of pessimistic people who think that Dan doesn't like their audience, because they are mostly female teens and not 20-something intellectual dudes who appreciate how smart and deep he is So he can come up as pretty condescending.
For one.... renting?!?! My rage is sky-high. If they're actually renting again and aren't just lying to cover up the fact that buying symbolizes a deeper commitment, I s2g I'm gonna have to unstan for a hot moment. These guys are loaded. They could afford to purchase a nice place and not throw their money down the drain. This is so disappointing on purely a financial level. I hope 1 of 2 things is happening - 1) They're lying. or 2) This is transitional (to that eventual house purchase) for just a couple years. Because wowee, what a waste of hard-earned cash.
This also bothers me a bit!! I get that it's their money and stuff, but when I see them wasting it like that I just get defensive Don't get me started on Dan's 2000$ shirts. I do think this is temporary tho.

Also, the dropping hints debate: I actually thought Phil said "No we don't" because Dan said that they "deviously planted seeds" and he meant that they did it in more of a funny-playful kind of way. Or is that just me not understanding english? I dunno.

oh no top of the page
Last edited by sans on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I've always been kind of undecided about what I think the nature of their relationship is, and I don't think I am anymore. The liveshow was really cute and made me smile when it wasn't lagtastic.
I thought it was funny when they were talking about each other's photo-taking skills, Dan miiiight be overestimating his own abilities and Phil definitely wasn't giving himself enough credit
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

majitzu wrote:Reading idb ... phan googles reads user's name missemma read again phan googles reads user's name missemma ... Looks up and pays attention to classes for 20 seconds... goes back to idb... I'm not dreaming. Emma are you ok? Welcome to a half phantrash life
Hahaha I honestly don't know what came over me tonight! don't worry though, I'm sure I'll be back to my not giving a fuck self tomorrow (quick enjoy me being phan af whilst it lasts)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
MaggieW
glabella

Some thoughts while watching the liveshow ~

-Phil looks really nice in that hoodie. That kind of greyish colour suits him well. And dan's t-shirt... 10/10.

-It's so adorable that Phil still doesn't remember the name of the meringues from the easter video.

-I kind of wanted an apartment tour :( but I understand why they might not want to do one. But I hope we will see more of the apartment soon, i'm too nosy

-"say hi to Dan's kinky curls groupchat" "good name"

-The comment about getting a dog and buying a house.

-I'm excited to see their new settings for the videos. I've read comments about it meaning they will be a rebranding and I'm excited for that too! I actually like the gaming channel now but it will be fun to se more ~mature~ content for the separate channels, specially from Phil.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I watched most of the liveshow (gasp shock horror I KNOW but curiosity makes you do weird things right?) until my laptop did one of it's random reboots and the lag got too bad. Seriously, what was with that lag. If the lag is gonna be that shit in every liveshow from now rip to y'all. Wanted to post some thougts earlier but got a bit distracted so here I am fabulously late to the party as always.

Before we get to the house stuff, lemme just say that the part where they were talking about their little trip to Australia and Singapore, they genuinely seemed like a cute and happy newly married couple talking about the honeymoon they just came back from in their new home together. Seriously, they were so happy and giggly and fond. Disgusting.

HOUSE STUFF.

I wasn't really surprised at them still renting for some reason... Everyone having a meltdown about it (and them still not being able to get a dog) was funny though.

As far as rooms go:
'Dan's bedroom' is actually their bedroom and that we ain't ever gonna see much of it. Dan has his new filming area.
'Phil's bedroom' is mostly gonna be used as a set for Phil's videos and a guest room. And probably just somewhere to put their mess out of shot lmao.
The 'real' upstairs lounge is another room we won't see a lot of on video. I think the lounge with the old sofa will be Phil's liveshow background as well.

Basically, they have definitely divided their new place in business downstairs and private/living upstairs. It's nice that they can do that now and more proof that we're far beyond the days of 'Oh it's just nice living with another YouTuber~~~~' because it's obvious by now that business is only side of the coin. btw I want someone to find their address purely so we can get someone to break in, set fire to Phil's IKEA bed sheets, and then gtfo again. Like literally just for that. BURN IT DOWN.

The hints about a future that contains buying a house and getting a dog + the statement that the new appartment isn't their forever... I don't even know what to say about that aside from that I'm vomitting flower petals, rainbows and just pure love. And also have a strong desire to hang myself from the nearest tree.

Although I do think I'll always have slight anxiety over them separating remaining in my body somewhere it's just so much less than it used to be.

Little bit salty we ain't getting an appartment tour because I'm still selfish and awful.

pearshaped34 wrote:Anyone else want to die of cringe when Dan was addressing the audience about how them moving was a bigger deal for *us* than them. It was just so very cringe to me that he genuinely think we are all so obsessed with them that them moving house is going to be on upheaval to our lives. Like don't get me wrong I am undeniably invested in them but for me that translates into being happy for them that they have a new home and also pleased for myself there is going to be new backgrounds in videos as I did get sick of looking at their old rooms. I certainly don't feel like this is a big change for me personally though or that it's something that would have caused any kind of emotional turmoil for me if it had just been sprung on me.
It just ain't a liveshow with Dan without him being condescending about mundane shit tbh.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
squishydanny
crusty sponge

Ashling Rae wrote:Now that I've watched this video 3 times, I feel like I have a bit more to say explicitly. Though everyone else here has already said all the cheesy implications.
I am, honestly, living for the fact that they're moving somewhere together. They know that this is some sort of commitment. They wouldn't move together if they had any thoughts on leading separate lives anytime soon. Not that I really needed this to confirm that, but it is still wonderful to have confirmation.
I'm in full on can't-wait-to-see-the-new-place mode. I'm not sure what of it they will show us, and I too am skeptical that we'd get an actual tour. But still part of me is kind of hoping that there will be subtle hints that they're going to be living their lives a bit differently than before. I have a dream that Phil will still shoot his videos on his bed, but that Dan maybe just doesn't ever show us his bed in the new place..
I realized this morning that yesterday I got 2 new nephews also but was more excited about this news and now I feel like shyt.
Oh, btw, how does everyone feel knowing that now our TABINOF books are going to have a floor plan for some random person's flat in them forever? That's either super weird, OR a nice little way for us to always have a connection to the home that saw so much growth between the two.
this was posted yesterday, just quoting this because god damn your dream was true...any other dreams about dan and phil??
majitzu
angel bean

karma_yeah
philussy

Catallena wrote:
Before we get to the house stuff, lemme just say that the part where they were talking about their little trip to Australia and Singapore, they genuinely seemed like a cute and happy newly married couple talking about the honeymoon they just came back from in their new home together. Seriously, they were so happy and giggly and fond. Disgusting.

HOUSE STUFF.

I wasn't really surprised at them still renting for some reason... Everyone having a meltdown about it (and them still not being able to get a dog) was funny though.

As far as rooms go:
'Dan's bedroom' is actually their bedroom and that we ain't ever gonna see much of it. Dan has his new filming area.
'Phil's bedroom' is mostly gonna be used as a set for Phil's videos and a guest room. And probably just somewhere to put their mess out of shot lmao.
The 'real' upstairs lounge is another room we won't see a lot of on video. I think the lounge with the old sofa will be Phil's liveshow background as well.

Basically, they have definitely divided their new place in business downstairs and private/living upstairs. It's nice that they can do that now and more proof that we're far beyond the days of 'Oh it's just nice living with another YouTuber~~~~' because it's obvious by now that business is only side of the coin. btw I want someone to find their address purely so we can get someone to break in, set fire to Phil's IKEA bed sheets, and then gtfo again. Like literally just for that. BURN IT DOWN.

The hints about a future that contains buying a house and getting a dog + the statement that the new appartment isn't their forever... I don't even know what to say about that aside from that I'm vomitting flower petals, rainbows and just pure love. And also have a strong desire to hang myself from the nearest tree.

Although I do think I'll always have slight anxiety over them separating remaining in my body somewhere it's just so much less than it used to be.
Just stopped in to say . . . I can't think of a way to say it . . . your post . . . I'm just -- grinning:D . You have a wonderful flair for the dramatic. It was articulate, and had just the right balance of salty and sweet. Bolded part is my fav. Thanks for capping off my evening nicely

And I agree 100% with your room distribution theory. "Dan's room" = master bedroom. "Phil's room" = guest room/film studio.

I'm so looking forward to the next few months! Exciting times to be
What goes around, comes around Image
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I'm glad they listened to me (hah) and are separating the private and public space in the new apartment, and not giving a full tour. (I think when Dan said we'd "see every corner", he meant every corner of that little room.)

I certainly think that Phil's room will be (primarily) a set. As for his sheets, hasn't it been speculated previously that he kept his IKEA sheets for filming? That is, even if he/anyone was sleeping in his bed at other times, they weren't using the sheets reserved for filming. That way they could stay fresh/unfaded for years.

I was curious about the "floating moon bed" or whatever Dan called it. Someone here posted a picture of what it might look like, but when I heard "moon" I thought round, and when I heard "floating" I thought ?? Anyone have any ideas? Regardless, it could certainly make for some interesting phanfic/art.....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
papierklemmen
flower crown

pearshaped34 wrote:Anyone else want to die of cringe when Dan was addressing the audience about how them moving was a bigger deal for *us* than them. It was just so very cringe to me that he genuinely think we are all so obsessed with them that them moving house is going to be on upheaval to our lives. Like don't get me wrong I am undeniably invested in them but for me that translates into being happy for them that they have a new home and also pleased for myself there is going to be new backgrounds in videos as I did get sick of looking at their old rooms. I certainly don't feel like this is a big change for me personally though or that it's something that would have caused any kind of emotional turmoil for me if it had just been sprung on me.
lmao did he lie tho? maybe not you, but a large chunk of the phandom lost their shit with the announcement, stressing how meaningful the move is. a lot of people (some even here) admitted that they live vicariously through deppy, and even before d&p properly explained what the set up is (aka renting, apartment) people were dreaming up plans about their future dogs and children and gardens like they were talking about their own barbie dream house. idk maybe someone thinks it counts as just being "happy for them" whereas to him it might look like fans being overinvested in their lives. so he might he a condescending asshole, but he's not that far off the truth.
chunchun
phillion/danosaur <//3

Wow, that live show was A LOT to take in. Also the discussion in here about all this is great.

I think, well, I have a lot I want to write about this and everything that's going on, mainly because I have nowhere else to write how I feel and the friends that I always talk to about dnp are busy right now so I want to get these thoughts out somewhere... I mean I'll probably repeat a bunch of things that are being said here but welp lol.

I discovered dan and phil in 2012 so the old flat (i can't believe it's the 'old flat' now..lol) was what I really connected with them. So there is some bittersweet feeling with this new background that we've been given. It feels so quick in a way, the way it was just ripped away and now we're all kind of in this new place too. (wow I mean that in the most non-creepy way ughh )

The liveshow itself was the same as ever and also different. They seemed so giddy and cute and happy, especially Phil, and I was just oozing with happiness for them. You can really feel like, how at peace they are with this new current setup. I think the only way I can describe it is that, they're sharing so much with us but also maybe beginning to start pulling away from us a bit?? if that makes sense? That was the main vibe I got from this liveshow. The way they were so happy on camera and being cute and telling us about the new place and their travels happily and all, but also the boundaries of how much of this house they're wanting to share with us. All the new boundaries they're creating for their work and personal life will begin with this new place, I think. This whole thing is really cementing their union and commitment for each other and it's amazing to see this unfold. Living together for 7-8 years really is something!!

I mean, like Phil said, we will see it along the way anyway. Just to list some of the things I'm excited about, video-wise:
  • -is the duplex a modern one? like modern furniture and setup and all that, that would explain the weirdness of the entire layout as they said
    -i just really want it to be modern lol(bc having my own modern/minimalist apt/house is my dream
    -new gaming room!! more space = better lighting and also more room for when they play kinect and stuff(and idk why that makes me excited but it does)
    -I need to see dan with the white piano. I love white instruments and furniture omg
    -the floating bed. it has to be a modern-style apartment
    -dan's new setup in the new "office" room or whatever. Excited to see how he uses it creatively
    -generally just fresh new backgrounds for all the rest of the videos
The comments on the future house and dog. Honestly, I have no words, but I've been thinking about this all day. They just continue to reaffirm that they'll be in each other's futures. wtf. how do you not get invested in something like this??

For a casual viewer, I don't think it's going to matter. However, I didn't cringe when he said this? I think he just meant for long-time watchers like, if they had suddenly moved and changed everything w/o warning when they shared basically almost every single corner of the old flat would've definitely been a shocker. They eased us in with all those hints so we could get used to the idea of all these backgrounds changing. Even today's liveshow, with how they explained what they were planning on doing for the videos, I feel it was just to help us realize that things will be changing. Idk man, I've seen fans of other things/people get mad over the most random things sometimes lol. Anyway, I don't mean any disrespect with this, it's just what I thought and found your thoughts interesting. :)

I also found the whole "planting the seeds" things hilarious as hell. Mainly because that means they know how dedicated as a fanbase we can be and really do pay attention to what we're discussing when it comes to them. I'm a fan of Dan always breaking that 4th wall ,but that's just me.
onetruetrash
blobfish

I tried to watch the liveshow, but I couldn't. I mean, I literally couldn't, the lag was so bad the stream just wouldn't play.

Also, here's a random question. In a lot of Phan edits, I see clips of Dan showering, getting dressed, leaning onto a staircase, etc. I have no idea where the clips are from though!

Second random question, I know there's a video of Dan talking bout skinny jeans making all the ladies faint or something like that and Phil sees Dan and faints. I know I've seen it, but I don't know where.
bluewho
truth bomb

To the posters who think it might be impratical to have various rooms that are mostly 'sets' consider the alternative. Consider living with cameras in every room. Forever thinking about what you are putting down in your own room, and if you need to hide it. It is a lot more practical to have a 'set'. You don't need to worry that you may have left something where it is not supposed to be, because everything in there is where it is supposed to be. You don't have to worry you may have slipped up, left some evidence behind. You don't need to obsessively scan the room before you turn the camera on, just in case, and still wonder if you may have missed something. You already know it's fine to film in there. You already know if the background is analysed to death, it doesn't matter because there is nothing to find. The room becomes more like a stage, and you remember your character and lines more easily, rather than having a blur between your performed life as an entertainer and your personal private self. I think psychologically it's going to be much better.

The picture they painted initially was a blunt one: They are not doing a house tour. They are not going to show us the house now because 'there are boxes everywhere'. They are not going to show us their real lounge. They'll show us the fake one downstairs, though. Finally, Dan is not going to be filming in his room anymore. He's going to film instead in a corner. He's going to redecorate his room and we won't get to see it. We might, if we're lucky, get to see the edge of the bed.

Despite myself I felt selfishly upset. I recognised that I was upset only for me. I felt shut out. But that for them this was a positive move, as they will have more privacy.

And then Dan says 'We were just going insane, totally insane [in the old flat]', and I remembered them saying over and over in the moving out video that the flat feels like a hamster cage. And suddenly I don't feel upset anymore. I am happy for them that they will have this new private space. It must have been difficult to live with cameras everywhere, forever worrying before and after every video about what might be in shot, it's no way to live and would drive anyone insane. I do think it will be a massive improvement for them.
sans wrote:
Anyone else want to die of cringe when Dan was addressing the audience about how them moving was a bigger deal for *us* than them. It was just so very cringe to me that he genuinely think we are all so obsessed with them that them moving house is going to be on upheaval to our lives. Like don't get me wrong I am undeniably invested in them but for me that translates into being happy for them that they have a new home and also pleased for myself there is going to be new backgrounds in videos as I did get sick of looking at their old rooms. I certainly don't feel like this is a big change for me personally though or that it's something that would have caused any kind of emotional turmoil for me if it had just been sprung on me.
I didn't cringe but I did notice. I'm also in the bandwagon of pessimistic people who think that Dan doesn't like their audience, because they are mostly female teens and not 20-something intellectual dudes who appreciate how smart and deep he is So he can come up as pretty condescending.
I didn't feel like he was being condescending in this moment at all. He firstly said he could understand because he gets nostalgic himself when backgrounds change in TV shows, which is an empathetic response. Then he moved on to worry that if they had just sprung the move on us without hinting around it first 'armageddon' would have been unleashed. I don't think he meant this as a critique of the phandom but as an awareness of a situation that would have been much harder for him and Phil to manage. Also, if we weren't prepared for it, and just told they had already moved, people might feel negatively and respond negatively. I guess what I am trying to say was I think he meant these comments as empathetic, compassionate and forward thinking rather than condescending in this instance.

It may be just my tin foil hat rustling in the wind, but I could swear I heard some kind double meaning when he was talking about 'insidiously sowing the seeds...just so some people would adjust to the theory...because he didn't want to cause armageddon'. Especially when I consider the way he seems to have hinted his way 'out' in sexuality terms. It's reminiscent of the 'hinting his way out as a furry' joke he makes in his collab with Louise and then again in the memes video. At this point though, and after today especially, I am not going to go full conspiracy theorist along these lines. But I will say I do think it's a tactic they use, and one we will see again.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: they/them

not much to add here, but i agree with everything bluewho said. it's hard to put on a show and constantly hide at the same time, all the time. i hope the new place is better and feels safer in every way (and maybe dedicated sets can inspire some rebranding!)
on duplexes: can someone define this for me, in terms of british use? bc here in new england, a duplex is just a house that's split in half into two apartments, usually with separate front doors.
bluewho
truth bomb

onetruetrash wrote:Second random question, I know there's a video of Dan talking bout skinny jeans making all the ladies faint or something like that and Phil sees Dan and faints. I know I've seen it, but I don't know where.
Maybe:
sans
delia smith
Pronouns: him/they

bluewho wrote:To the posters who think it might be impratical to have various rooms that are mostly 'sets' consider the alternative. Consider living with cameras in every room. Forever thinking about what you are putting down in your own room, and if you need to hide it. It is a lot more practical to have a 'set'. You don't need to worry that you may have left something where it is not supposed to be, because everything in there is where it is supposed to be. You don't have to worry you may have slipped up, left some evidence behind. You don't need to obsessively scan the room before you turn the camera on, just in case, and still wonder if you may have missed something. You already know it's fine to film in there. You already know if the background is analysed to death, it doesn't matter because there is nothing to find. The room becomes more like a stage, and you remember your character and lines more easily, rather than having a blur between your performed life as an entertainer and your personal private self. I think psychologically it's going to be much better.
I'm super new to the phandom so excuse me if this seems crazy but would it be the end of the world if they--just-- said the truth? IF they are together, all this charade and covering up and vagueness just seems like a burden for them. I feel like since they've already done the whole 'no homo' 2012 thing they are in too deep to just come out and say that they are together, and it would imply that they gasp lied to their audience but wouldn't their life be so much simpler? Then they could push the whole phan thing to the side and concentrate on being creative and making content.

That's ofc making a bunch of assumptions about them, and I do think they are 100% entitled to their privacy and might have other reasons to keep the nature of their relationship as vague as possible but sometimes I can't help but feel that hey must be paranoid all the time

Anyhow, I just want them to be relaxed and feel safe in their own home, so if this whatever it is they are doing, staged bedrooms or not is how they achieve that, I'm on board

I'm rambling again, excuse me
thephandommenace
procrastinator

[offtopic]
onetruetrash wrote:Also, here's a random question. In a lot of Phan edits, I see clips of Dan showering, getting dressed, leaning onto a staircase, etc. I have no idea where the clips are from though!

Second random question, I know there's a video of Dan talking bout skinny jeans making all the ladies faint or something like that and Phil sees Dan and faints. I know I've seen it, but I don't know where.
It sounds like you mean these videos:

[/offtopic]

Edit: I was completely wrong in my optimism for an apartment tour I was drunk on the sweet nectar of the moving video and the warm fuzzy feels of "they ARE a lovey-dovey couple".

I joined this thread a non-believer, but my opinion changed over time. I still have my doubts but my default setting is probably more on the side of "they're together" than before. I'm still a but unsure because the continued renting allows for more time in limbo before making the BIG big move which will cement a lot of opinions. There are other reasons but I'm running out of time to use my edit window (and I don't want to think about them right now while I'm happily in the trash can).

Anyway! It's better this way. They deserve the privacy.
Last edited by thephandommenace on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluewho
truth bomb

sans wrote:I'm super new to the phandom so excuse me if this seems crazy but would it be the end of the world if they--just-- said the truth? IF they are together, all this charade and covering up and vagueness just seems like a burden for them. I feel like since they've already done the whole 'no homo' 2012 thing they are in too deep to just come out and say that they are together, and it would imply that they gasp lied to their audience but wouldn't their life be so much simpler? Then they could push the whole phan thing to the side and concentrate on being creative and making content.

That's ofc making a bunch of assumptions about them, and I do think they are 100% entitled to their privacy and might have other reasons to keep the nature of their relationship as vague as possible but sometimes I can't help but feel that hey must be paranoid all the time

Anyhow, I just want them to be relaxed and feel safe in their own home, so if this whatever it is they are doing, staged bedrooms or not is how they achieve that, I'm on board

I'm rambling again, excuse me
I wouldn't really be able to answer. What I would say is for me personally I try not to judge what they 'should' do. I am not in their shoes, I don't know all the variables they have to consider. It is easy for me to say as an outsider, 'you should just come out of the closet it will be easier / better', but there may be some factor I don't know about. Ultimately I think everyone has the right to make their own choices and decisions. Dan and Phil are both intelligent, careful people. They will have thoroughly considered this choice and decided it's what's best for them. If that is what they feel is best for them it is not my place to question it or judge it, just to support it. I believe that they are so firm about it because it must be what protects them, they must have good reason.
onetruetrash wrote:Also, here's a random question. In a lot of Phan edits, I see clips of Dan showering, getting dressed, leaning onto a staircase, etc. I have no idea where the clips are from though!
No me neither! The only thing I can think of is:

Edit: Oops, thephandommenace has probably got it!
snokoplasm
tol bean

i'm just gonna side step in here for a second henlo,,

first of all i'm JUMPING IN A B L E N D E R out of pure curiosity bc the apartment hype. i need to see the rest of it or i will cease to exist. (okay it's their prerogative to do what they want but i'd be lying if i didn't say that i need to make their new place in the sims)

something that gave me a strange vibe was how dan phrased the "when a house is bought" thing?? that wiped me away like a hench scrubbing bubble. there was a hesitant tone in his voice- it definitely sounded like he wanted to word it correctly. given that he was live he obviously couldn't have rephrased it or anything, and maybe he spoke before he intended to, but the stuttering before "when a house is bought i guess" came off like he was buying time to choose his words. it appeared as if he was implying that they wouldn't buy a house together? after i looked at what other people had said, a majority thought it sounded like he just affirmed their plans to have a future together. i can't envision them living separately and (i don't want to).
~maybe i over analyzed it~ but regardless, my first impression of that sentence gave me a hefty

also in addition to the bedroom discussion, i had a tiny theory. in London Apartment 1.0 they had blatant separate bedrooms, and both of their beds were queen sized (correct me if i'm wrong). i refused to believe that two grown men of teletubby height would share a queen sized bed on any occasion. so if dan is buying a new bed and basically trashing his old bedroom design, maybe that includes a bigger bed? (assuming that they share beds for whatever time or for whatever reason. dunno. just a theory. we'll find out soon whoop whoop)

-i want them to get a fish but i want them to guard a little betta fish with their whole wheat lives thx-

in other news, if dan rebrands my blood will oxidize. (maybe this is me being, once again, inconveniently resistant to change or it's just me being so sentimental) he has a twitter saved under the name danhowell. it's just lying there waiting like a snake. (update: dan's a snake.)

anyways the liveshow uplifted me and the color of their clothing complemented them wonderfully. dan's hair looks like a cloud.

Last edited by missemma on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: characters removed
wake me up when it's 2004
Phantasy
woodland creature

If he only knew how deep the rabbit hole goes...
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

So, apparently round floating beds exist!

From the liveshow, starting at 10:46
D: Whereas my bedroom was so ugly, and I've completely changed everything. I've kept a coup- everything that was silver I've kept. My bed- my new bedroom looks like the moon. It's got a floating white bed.

P: A moon-d themed room. Yeah, yours is cool.

D: I guess you'll have to wait for some kind of danisnotonfire sketch where I'm sad and rolling out of bed.

P: <laughing> Show the edge of the bed.

D: <laughing> Yeah.
Here is a whole website that will sell you a round floating bed:

http://www.floatingbed.com/products/indoor-beds/

I can't actually imagine two tall people sharing a round bed, even a king-size one, and it seems as though it would be very impractical for other things but maybe that's what Phil's bed would be for. I also can't imagine a landlord letting them suspend a bed from the ceiling. But—interesting aesthetic!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
/fɪl lɛstɚ/
sad dimple

Hm... when he said floating bed I more pictured something along these lines:

I can't imagine him buying a round floating bed and thinking that's a spacey aesthetic. Those floating beds scream like... canopy bed in a hut on a private island.
I am always on Phil Lester's side
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Phantasy wrote:If he only knew how deep the rabbit hole goes...
:? I don't like this, I don't know why but, I don't like this, at all. I mean it could turn out good but it could also turn out bad in a very negative way.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
sugar
eclipse shirt

alright, so after watching the 'forever home' bit, i'm not sure how to feel.
dan's reaction to the 'congratulations, you two' comment and following it up with 'it's not a forever home'/the way he said it seemed very...no phano to me. my phan goggles are pretty much always on but i was just rubbed the wrong way by it. seems like he was trying to say 'this isn't endgame we just wanted a change and had to reason to move apart yet'. no one else seems to feel this way, though. that and the continuing of the separate bedrooms rhetoric have me actually less excited about this liveshow than pretty much anyone else i've seen.

HOWEVER i do have a reach of a theory. as i sort of agree (or at least want to will into reality) the theory that phil's room is just a set and "dan's" is the master:

so when they were talking about the gaming room/office dan said it was just a bedroom with a desk. they also said that we'd see "every corner" of the room. and they also said that they didn't want to lug the camera upstairs. so, i'm wondering if the gaming channel room is big enough to have the gaming set up in one corner and phils bedroom/filming set in another...making it a bedroom with a desk that we'll see all corners of. it would also go along with them wanting to keep ther filming areas separate from the actually lived in areas.

i know it's a reach but it came to mind so i thought i'd share.
bluewho
truth bomb

snokoplasm wrote:if dan rebrands my blood will oxidize. (maybe this is me being, once again, inconveniently resistant to change or it's just me being so sentimental)
Same
About the wording on the house buying, I agree he was very hesitant and careful to get it right. I'd wager even that he had thought beforehand about what he would say. I don't see it as him implying they would not be moving in together, or implying they would. He's kind of trying to stay neutral if you get what I mean. So I wouldn’t take it as him saying 'not with Phil' especially not because they are one organism now and I think any separation would require some form of surgery.
autumnhearth wrote:Who wants to name their flat?

:gg: