Dan & Phil Part 45: R.I.P danisnotonfire 2009-2017

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Waggle9007 wrote:This video man, I can't It was just so cute, I'm utter

Although it does look like they forgot to put the links in the end screen...how long have you boys been doing this?!
The lack of tweet responses and lack of endscreen links make me feel like this was a scheduled video posting. Wonder if they're just out enjoying Florida, or if they're traveling?
fondsmiles
phabergé

god i love the bomb disposal game!! I am a bit upset with them doing all the stuff they're not able to do yet though AND EVEN WANTING TO DO HARDER ONES FOR THE NEXT VIDEO, no, please don't, please give me ten hours of you slowly figuring out EVERY SINGLE LEVEL, yes, i want this in my life.

and they were so cute in the beginning and throughout the entire video and they're so panicky for real and phil is SO adorable and pretty in the moment where they SO NEARLY did it right, askdfmasdk my heart

i am so happy they upload so frequently and such wonderful videos and they always bring the biggest, biggest smiles to my face.
[x]
[x]
fondsmiles
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote:
Waggle9007 wrote:This video man, I can't It was just so cute, I'm utter

Although it does look like they forgot to put the links in the end screen...how long have you boys been doing this?!
The lack of tweet responses and lack of endscreen links make me feel like this was a scheduled video posting. Wonder if they're just out enjoying Florida, or if they're traveling?

the tweet doesn't seem to be scheduled at least, on tweetdeck it shows where it's been tweeted from. although iPhone is unusual, normally they tweet videos from "twitter web client". so it could still be that they just did a quick publication of the video while they're busy doing holiday or travel things.
[x]
[x]
phanofcats
delia smith

Yes, I've been waiting for a part two! Part one was great and this video was so cute, I loved every minute The first 30 seconds is so domestic and I've already watched it 100 times. Really hope they will continue playing!

nephilimcat wrote:Wtf, these two! Phil described that one shape in such a weird way and Dan immediately got it -
how?! And why am I still surprised? It's incredible. I haven't seen anyone else play this but I am pretty sure that most people aren't nearly as good. Phil being flustered was really cute and relatable I love them working together on something, their dynamic is so entertaining. Couldn't have asked for a better video tbh
I've watched quite a few other people play this game and none of them are nearly as good as them! Their communication must be really incredible! They also spend so much time together that they somehow understand things nobody else would (like phil describing the R falling down stairs )
AmazingOCD
glabella

Those first 20 seconds reduced me to a puddle of trash...

I have been living for their Instagrams, tweets and videos lately. Deppy are living their lives, being happy and are not holding back as much as they used to.

They are in love, full stop.

Pardon me while I go cry in a corner at their happiness :D

Ew I'm a placenta
It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness - Phil Lester
capybantsa
glabella
Pronouns: he/him

Waking up too early because you forgot to close the curtains and the sun violated your face X
Realizing the sun was actually doing you a favor by waking you up to see the new video ✓✓✓

Flustered... phlustered... philustered.... Phil Lestered

Also 5:30 Eminem who??
Also 15:55
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:13 - This entire first 20 seconds is a mess of touchy-feeling-giggly-giddiness but my favorite part is the little shrug Dan gives here.
:52 - Phil is dressed for exotic... in a Miami Beach shirt. (Miami, you say, Phil?)
1:12 - How many Speed references does Phil make, Dan?
1:22 - "Because it's a holiday t-shirt!" (A holiday shirt, you say, Phil? The shirt that says Miami Beach? Wow, wonder what was on your mind.)
1:24 - Phil really wants us to know he used to watch Baywatch as a child.
2:33 - Dan reprimands Phil for "being bad" and Phil repeats the word choice in a funny/mocking way.
3:00 - Phil's tiny laugh as he says, "It's blue."
5:06 - Phil tapping Dan to get him to move on.
5:09 - Phil reprimanding Dan for looking.
5:37 - Phil batting his hand against Dan's arm in excitement.
7:05 - Phil takes a meditation breath.
7:36 - Phil starts singing.
8:08 - "I'm getting papercuts." "Papercut faster."
10:57 - "Mind held."
10:51 - Phil: "Watch out, Miami. I am ready to diffuse your bombs."
12:17 - Phil: "R that has fainted and fallen down some stairs." Dan: "Yeah, I know what you're talking about."
12:29 - Phil: "Weird butt shape with a tail. Like an elephant's ass." Dan: "Does it look like a w with an apostrophe floating above it?"
15:36 - They lose, Phil freaks out and goes so red. This feels like a genuine Phil gaming dynamic.
15:55 - Phil's heart is beating "faster than a train" - Dan stares at camera, jump cut, Dan's hand over Phil's hand on his chest.
16:05 - Dan asks if Phil wants to try it the other way around, jump cut and the video is ending. I'm guessing Phil opted for a nice meditation session instead.
17:03 - "Check out our other channies." - not individual, just other.
phanofcats
delia smith

AmazingOCD wrote:Those first 20 seconds reduced me to a puddle of trash...

I have been living for their Instagrams, tweets and videos lately. Deppy are living their lives, being happy and are not holding back as much as they used to.

They are in love, full stop.

Pardon me while I go cry in a corner at their happiness :D

Ew I'm a placenta
Same to all of this! (expect the placenta )
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

Entire video was amazing, but I loved the moment around 6:40 where Phil scoots about 2 cm away from dan wile looking the other way and Dan sarcastically says 'Don't wheel across the room' like having their shoulders that far apart instead of touching is super far away :D
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
autumnhearth
senpai

Dear gods. I was going to hold off watching this until tonight, but then I saw the gifs on Tumblr. Daniel James Howell is so fing happy and in love and it's like a freaking drug just watching him.

We are all happy today.

Also wow, Miami Beach shirt. What's the word for that? Post foreshadowing? I only watched the first two rounds, will finish tonight with the husband, but I was shrieking with delight.
So last night before watching some Undertale, I queued up a silly 4 min Phan edit to show the husband, just for laughs. "Dan Howell: He Likes Boys" The husband groaned about Dan's banana scene at the beginning and then a few seconds later the video stalled. I went to restart it and he was like "no, no, switch it over to HDMI4" (my YouTube account is logged in on the TV App and his is logged in on PS4 and he likes having control). I complied and resigned myself to the fact that he would just move on to our gaming video. But no, he actually typed out the title of the music video and hit play. Then at the end he said "I hate you". I said I know. Then he elaborated "I hate you, because the whole time I was thinking, where is Phil? Why is Dan with all these other guys?" I laughed, it was the same reaction I had when I first watched it. Then he said something like "And it's all your fault", and said he wanted a divorce. Win. So tonight I might just "treat him" to a more shippy video. I know I'm horrible.
howadorableright
sad dimple

JustMe wrote:Entire video was amazing, but I loved the moment around 6:40 where Phil scoots about 2 cm away from dan wile looking the other way and Dan sarcastically says 'Don't wheel across the room' like having their shoulders that far apart instead of touching is super far away :D
my favorite thing about dan and phil is that they always have to be extremely close to each other, usually with and arm or leg touching, and in gaming videos recently they have just been leaning up on each other nonstop

like the crossy road video where dan was practically sitting on phil
back back back back again
saffarinda
truth bomb

I'm so exhausted but yes to everything here. Dan lil yell as Phil's Speed references. Phil's soft giggle at the "It's blue!" warmed my heart. The "don't wheel to the other side of the room" dan he literally moved 2cm find ur chill. The mind meld was just INSTANTANEOUS, it reminds me of when Cat mentioned them being really good at a game bc of their connection (one of them saying "Water" and the other saying "Atlantic ocean!") Heart touching is always fond, like how they have jumpcuts instead of the awkward Dan gazing at camera, plus the thing like "Your hands on it!" was funny aha.

Just... a great video. I adore this game, I love the teamworking aspects - would honestly LOVE a series of dnp banter and teamwork (tho when they're wasting time it stresses me tf out )
25/04/2017 - #blessed
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i loved the new video, hoping they continue to play it. the symbol code bits were my favourite, i'd probably watch 3 hours of phil explaining symbols in his unique way and dan understanding them immediately. give the people what they want.

no, but, really, keep talking and nobody explodes is the answer to my wishes for more co-op games. team up, deppy. trash other players together.

apart from them looking ridiculously happy in this i also got the impression that they really had fun playing this. it seems like it's a good choice of game in the sense that it's not something they want to play aside from the channel, but they enjoy playing nevertheless.
thank's you were great
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Baby Mile's makes an appearance at the beginning of tomska's latest vlog with (what's I'm assuming is) his mother. However I don't have a clue who she so can't solve that mystery myself but if she's a youtuber maybe someone here will recognise her. (There is also D&P sitting near by in the shade 1.09)

Last edited by pearshaped34 on Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

mesmericphilip wrote:
JustMe wrote:Entire video was amazing, but I loved the moment around 6:40 where Phil scoots about 2 cm away from dan wile looking the other way and Dan sarcastically says 'Don't wheel across the room' like having their shoulders that far apart instead of touching is super far away :D
my favorite thing about dan and phil is that they always have to be extremely close to each other, usually with and arm or leg touching, and in gaming videos recently they have just been leaning up on each other nonstop

like the crossy road video where dan was practically sitting on phil
It's interesting to me the way that no matter what, they are always in close proximity of each other. Like, I'm not sure if they have to sit close together for the editing/cropping/camera or whatever, I have no idea about that, but even out in public spaces or parties etc they are always very close together. I have no idea about body language, but a quick google about proximity shows that they're in an 'intimate' proximity most of the time. Sub-consciously or not, I don't know, they just seem to gravitate towards each other (quite literally) in most or all circumstances. Which is really interesting, just the way they behave with each other. It's definitely intimate, I have felt for a while that I'm almost 'third-wheeling' while watching them and I think this is why, because they're so close, they mirror each other all the time, they look at each other with such fondness.

Nevertheless, they are lovely to watch and this episode especially the first 20 seconds was cute and funny. Love this series, hope they keep going with it. Anyone with knowledge on body language please feel free to elaborate or correct me! I kind of got rambly. If I'm wrong about anything, let me know. :D
:biflag: :blackheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Uuuugh. I loved that entire video, seeing them work together really is an experience. Their connection is unreal. The way they just understand each other even while not making sense while terribly describing symbols has me shook. The first one and a half minute of that video was so damn cute and domestic, they're so giggly and happy (that seems to be the ongoing theme lately and I'm glad) and not even talking to the camera for half of it. I love little snippets like that. And I love it even more that they leave it in. Like Phil's apparent thing for Speed references is such an inside thing between them, like no one watching will get what the hell they're on about but here we are. In the trash.
fondsmiles wrote: I am a bit upset with them doing all the stuff they're not able to do yet though AND EVEN WANTING TO DO HARDER ONES FOR THE NEXT VIDEO, no, please don't, please give me ten hours of you slowly figuring out EVERY SINGLE LEVEL, yes, i want this in my life.
I feel this so hard like please don't rush it boys. Take it easy. The slower your asses are at this game the more happiness you spread. Also the more ad rev you get for that forever home. Think about it. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

pearshaped34 wrote:Baby Mile's makes an appearance at the beginning of tomska's latest vlog with (what's I'm assuming is) his mother. However I don't have a clue who she so can't solve that mystery myself but if she's a youtuber maybe someone here will recognise her. (There is also D&P sitting near by in the shade 1.09)

It looks like the mother is one of the Flipside managers, Fleur! Well, that's one mystery solved.

Now can Tomska tell us why Dan was in the Bahamas?
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I loved the first installment of the game so I was really happy to see they played it again. :D It's so entertaining to see them work together intentionally and the game seems legit really fun to play. Probably stressful, but them being flustered is also entertaining, so it's win-win.
lurker wrote: the symbol code bits were my favourite, i'd probably watch 3 hours of phil explaining symbols in his unique way and dan understanding them immediately. give the people what they want.
Honestly, same.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

alittledizzy wrote:
:13 - This entire first 20 seconds is a mess of touchy-feeling-giggly-giddiness but my favorite part is the little shrug Dan gives here.

12:17 - Phil: "R that has fainted and fallen down some stairs." Dan: "Yeah, I know what you're talking about."
15:55 - Phil's heart is beating "faster than a train" - Dan stares at camera, jump cut, Dan's hand over Phil's hand on his chest.
The first 20 seconds, I'll put them on a loop and I'll see it forever.

When Phil said the fainted R, I was «what??» but no wonder Dan got it.

The hand in the heart I adore!!!
squishydanny
crusty sponge

Hey so I've been finishing up with finals in school so I haven't had time recently to read the forum! However, I did follow along through Bahamas-gate and I have to say bravo to all you detectives for figuring everything out. :clapping: So, not to break up the convo about the new video (which I absolutely adored by the way) but I just read something that reminded me of Dan and Phil. It's going to be quite long so I'm going to hide it with this little button or whatever.
So, there is this youtube duo (who are also in an acapella group called Pentatonix) named Superfruit. The two guys names are Scott and Mitch, and many fans ship them together. I think they are hilarious and incredibly talented, and their friendship actually has always reminded me of Dan and Phil's (besides the fact that Scott and Mitch are both openly gay). Ex: They both have been best friends for years, they both live together.
There are, however, some differences. For instance Scott and Mitch have both dated several people in the past few years, and they both acknowledge that they are not together romantically (though, they have referred to themselves as soulmates). Anyway, long story longer, Superfruit released a book not too long ago with a ton of pictures/stories. It was very expensive so it took me awhile to get my hands on it but I just read a part where they acknowledge the fact they actually had a sexual and romantic past with each other. They briefly dated in 2009 and then tried hooking up in 2011. I'm gonna type up parts of the passage for context:
I started developing a huge crush on Mitch and wanted to be around him all the time. He and I started iChatting every day after school. We started dating, but Mitch dumped me pretty shortly after. Looking back I'm not sure our friendship could've survived if we had dove into a serious relationship so young, so now I'm ironically thankful it happened and very glad we are just friends.
Two years later we attempted to casually hook up. For some reason, though, our chemistry had gone from "high school sweetheart" to "almost sibling". We both felt it and stopped after a couple minutes. A year later we moved in together and quickly became extremely close. Definitely the closest we've ever been. I never felt more on the same page with any human as much as I do with Mitch. Mitch and I were the only band members that insisted on rooming together even though we could easily afford separate rooms at this point. We are proof you can be best friends after a relationship ends.
(This is not verbatim what the book says, I basically put all the important sentences that are relevant to this post and put them together since a lot of the sentences were scattered throughout both Scott and Mitch describing their career).

Anyway, does this remind you of anyone? Lol, I read it and the whole time couldn't stop thinking about . I don't know, I love a good "are they or are they not" discussion so that's why I thought this info was interesting because Scott and Mitch are two Youtubers who are shipped by a large portion of their fans, who actually did have a romantic/sexual relationship, but we simply had no idea about it because they just never shared it with us. When it comes to Phan, I am a huge flip flopper- one day in my mind there is no WAY Deppy aren't together, the next- I convince myself I need to get my head out of the fantasy world, there is no way they would be able to hide it for so many years. I know that all of this information is relative, that every friendship is different and complex and that Scott and Mitch's relationship doesn't actually necessarily affect any person's perception of Dan and Phil's relationship- but I thought the similarities between them were striking enough to post here and see if anyone had any speculation to add. While taking the Dan and Phil survey this year, I noticed one of the options was "Dan and Phil dated in the past, but broke up and are just best friends now". I always dismissed this possibility because I thought there was no way two guys could hook up and then remain living together and be best friends, but here I am being proved wrong. Of course, Dan and Phil have not expressed their sexuality (since like 2009 on Formspring), have not had significant others (that we know of but I mean, come on, not a lot gets past this fandom ), and they have not acknowledged in the past 5 years that they are not actually romantically/sexually involved- unlike Scott and Mitch. Okay, I'm gonna stop now because I could go on for ages.
TLDR: I'm absolute trash and accidentally just psychoanalyzed Dan and Phil friendship.

Thanks for reading my word vomit. :thumb:

*back to lurking forever*
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I couldn't watch the video until now, but I've been reading about how amazing it apparently was, both on here and on tumblr. I gotta say, y'all weren't lying--this is such a good video! Their psychic abilities when it comes to the symbols is amazing, and they were so touchy and sweet throughout this entire thing. Phil wasn't this freaked out in the first one, I feel like he and Dan swapped roles haha.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i'm on mobile so i'm not able to imbed dan's instagram post, but i'm sure someone will beat me to it.

just want to say how thrilled i am that he's posted so many pictures! phil continues to take sweet candids of dan. after phil posted both of the joint selfies in singapore i'm refreshed to see dan post one. and so happy that he's so open about the fact that he's there with phil's family, included a photo of him and phil with cornelia and martyn. i feel blessed by all these photos and how comfortable dan is sharing it all.
malday
emo goose

(multiple pictures, scroll through with the arrows)

Damn , they looked like the had fun!
i like how they put Martyn between them so they don't have their hands around eachother
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

malday wrote:
(multiple pictures, scroll through with the arrows)

Damn , they looked like the had fun!
i like how they put Martyn between them so they don't have their hands around eachother
Lester family picture and amazing pictures taken by Phil again, plus coupley selfie. I'm dying of help

I thought Singapore was good but the pictures from this vacation are even better. I don't know how they can look happier! Also, Dan's hair is the best on the top right now. Look at those cheeky half-curls aaah
Last edited by xaephan on Wed May 17, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
obliviongrace
*editing tips*

Wow, all of you guys who were talking a bit ago about wanting family content, we got it! I mean, it's a day in the life or a LAP video, but I swear Dan just posted a whole family scrapbook on instagram! I love that instead of choosing one of himself or the one of him and Phil, he was like, no, let me post all of these! The comfortableness is just radiating from those photos, and I am happy that he feels confident enough to share (even if it's not for us, even if it's because he's just tired of hiding). Between the flirty video today and these photos I'm really feeling the love of 2017 And I want to say that at this point we've become desensitized to their increased sharing, because it's true that I don't react as strongly to things as I used to, but I'm still sitting over here squeeing at my laptop so I'm not sure how true that is. Anyways....my heart is warm for them.