Dan & Phil Part 46: Some kind of a gay backstory

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

Dan hitting Phil with the banana threw me way back (and also so far down the trash) to him throwing that plushie at Phil,I can't remember the exact video, in "Phil's" first Manchester apartment after he was trolling him off camera. Same face that I remember and everything.

Edit: @ 6:40
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That video was so fond. Holy shit. Is that real? Am I dreaming? Is Phil relaxed and happy and pranking his boyfriend on his own channel? Fucked me up, yo.

Everyone's mentioned it 30 times, but Phil making the obvious "do it with Dan" joke. Like. Since when has Phil ever on AP? OMG. I don't know how to feel. And Dan falling for the banana thing and slapping Phil with it is everything I needed. Honestly? I can't stop rewatching. Quality content if I've ever seen it.

There's no denying the reflection in that 8-ball shows the tiniest of rooms with a wardrobe and potentially a door. The fact that his dresser still seems to be in a place where the drawers would collide with the nightstand. Like... who is he kidding with this? He doesn't live there. He doesn't sleep there. His stuff is not in that room. Now, let me see "Dan's" bedroom!
jesuisunèléve
phabergé

phanofcats wrote:
/fɪl lɛstɚ/ wrote:I definitely think that "bedroom" is just a set. There's no way someone would downgrade to a room like that after how spacious of a room they had before.

Where's his TV? Where does he keep his clothes? I'm just not buying that that's his room.
I agree! It seems so small, I'm just not buying that it's his actual sleeping room! With all the drawers being so close to the bed just doesn't seem comfortable!
I STG the room is a prop and nothing else. First of all, how is he going to get into his chest of drawers, move the bed every single time? Second, it seems so impersonal. Phil has a lot of knick-knacks and they sure aren't in there. Third yes, where is the TV (remember Dan didn't have one in "his" room in the other apartment) and fourth, yes, they just moved in but that blank wall is ridiculous since Phil has stuff on the walls behind the bed. It's like only one part of the room is decorated, the rest is blank. Either Phil did it on purpose or he needs to learn feng shui.

But the most telling thing is the fact Dan is no longer filming in his bedroom. I have a feeling we will never see the bedroom, even in an apartment tour (if we even get one) because they are sharing it.

The video was cute: Dan smacking Phil with a banana peel was exactly the content I signed up for.
ArtyJim
glabella

the timing of this video is incredible. and selfishly im glad they planned ahead so well and pre-recorded all these vids.

ive never been into psychic stuff but now i want my cards read lmao
Grey
lady door

alittledizzy wrote:
Grey wrote:
capybantsa wrote:
[offtopic]Tfw people only talk to you when they disagree with you [/offtopic]
This is a dilemma I have on forums. I usually only feel like commenting when I disagree which maybe makes it seem like all I ever do is disagree with everything. Actually I agree with a lot of things but don't feel like commenting "I agree with this!" or repeating the same thing other people said all the time.

[offtopic]Super off topic: what is the snow emoji ( ) supposed to be? I see he* looks kind of sad and it's snowing on him. But why? What does it mean?[/offtopic]
I think that's a pretty common dilemma on forums, only being motivated to reply if you have a difference of opinion. I often want to break up what can feel like negativity so I find it helpful to reply to multiple people in one post. That way if there are some things I agree with I can kind of slip an encouraging "yes, totally agree!" in and let people know that someone is reading and appreciating their contribution, but then also include other replies with perhaps more original thoughts in them as well so it's not boring for everyone but me and the original poster.
I think that's a good way to do it. On that note..

I agree with many of things being said about the new AP video, especially rizzo's post. I was shocked by the "do it with dan" part and also that Phil might marry Kyle. It doesn't seem like something that would normally go on AP.

I thought the whole video was really funny. Apparently I'm really gullible because I believed the banana part. By chance, I actually went to a psychic fair last night (I don't believe in it but I'm interested in it from a psychological standpoint) and some psychic practices are honestly so bizarre. So yeah I believed it. Lol.
I'm having a stress.
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

disco wrote:
chiccola wrote:Just watched the video, that was hilarious

"Do it with Dan" and the zoom on Dan's face actually had me gasping for air. I was as shook as Dan was when Phil said it

Also, are we going to talk about how after Phil reads about Dan's "fertile ideas come into fruition" (and Dan goes on a tangent about fanfic/50shades), there's a VERY obvious jumpcut?

Well, I googled around for a bit searching for the ace of wands and phrasing that matched Phil's to find what his book says and this is what came up:

"Upright Ace of Wands This card shows masculine, creative energy and artistic inspiration. Fertile ideas come to fruition as you embark on a successful enterprise or trip. The Ace of Wands is an excellent omen for those beginning businesses or thinking of starting a family."
That's brilliant! Nice work! Imagine the reaction to that.

In the Magic 8 Ball at first I thought I saw a wall of white built in storage (which makes sense given what Dan has said about the new place and sooo much storage) but in the last screen cap (Thank you LtrllySusan) it looks like a window. I agree I don't expect to see much in that corner because that's where the camera is, but it's a small room and their filming angle is awkward. I really want a DINOF Daniel Howell video so we can see his glass closet or more of the white piano, whichever he decides on for his backdrop. And of course Instagram photos of the master Dan's the moon room.
phanofcats
delia smith

disco wrote:
Well, I googled around for a bit searching for the ace of wands and phrasing that matched Phil's to find what his book says and this is what came up:

"Upright Ace of Wands This card shows masculine, creative energy and artistic inspiration. Fertile ideas come to fruition as you embark on a successful enterprise or trip. The Ace of Wands is an excellent omen for those beginning businesses or thinking of starting a family."
I actually screamed at this It does look like Phil is about to read something else out of the book but then it cuts away! Dan also said this one would actually happen
awkwardly
living flop

jesuisunèléve wrote: But the most telling thing is the fact Dan is no longer filming in his bedroom. I have a feeling we will never see the bedroom, even in an apartment tour (if we even get one) because they are sharing it.
I have the same feeling now. First I was like nah maybe we'll get to see Dan's room bit by bit too but now with people actually thinking, you know, just the thought, just simply having that kind of an idea, about seeing rest of a room in an reflective object (damn, you are awesome Bones CSI XFiles level btw :D ).. I have the feeling that it would be too much of a bother for them to make sure everything is hidden what needs to be hidden.
autumnhearth wrote: In the Magic 8 Ball at first I thought I saw a wall of white built in storage (which makes sense given what Dan has said about the new place and sooo much storage) but in the last screen cap (Thank you LtrllySusan) it looks like a window. I agree I don't expect to see much in that corner because that's where the camera is, but it's a small room and their filming angle is awkward. I really want a DINOF Daniel Howell video so we can see his glass closet or more of the white piano, whichever he decides on for his backdrop. And of course Instagram photos of the master Dan's the moon room.
if it is a window than it's even stranger that it would be blank (my first thought was that it's that kind of whole wall wardrobe (or what's it called in english) too). wouldn't phil have some stuff on the widow too? I mean first I thought that they didn't have time to decorate properly but then I remembered that Dan already bought those terraria with plants and yeah Phil had a lot of stuff nicely on shelves in his room before so idk... so yeah I'd guess mainly a set or as some already mentioned when it was brought up previously a room simply to snooze for some nights
~but the golden age is over
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

They both said before that 2017 was going to be a year where they going to do life things, relax, chill year and in this video Dan reaffirmed it and it was one of the predictions.

When Phil read the "past" card, he said something like "and now you can afford to relax and ejoy yourself a little bit" and Dan says "2017"
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

awkwardly wrote:
autumnhearth wrote: In the Magic 8 Ball at first I thought I saw a wall of white built in storage (which makes sense given what Dan has said about the new place and sooo much storage) but in the last screen cap (Thank you LtrllySusan) it looks like a window. I agree I don't expect to see much in that corner because that's where the camera is, but it's a small room and their filming angle is awkward. I really want a DINOF Daniel Howell video so we can see his glass closet or more of the white piano, whichever he decides on for his backdrop. And of course Instagram photos of the master Dan's the moon room.
if it is a window than it's even stranger that it would be blank (my first thought was that it's that kind of whole wall wardrobe (or what's it called in english) too). wouldn't phil have some stuff on the widow too? I mean first I thought that they didn't have time to decorate properly but then I remembered that Dan already bought those terraria with plants and yeah Phil had a lot of stuff nicely on shelves in his room before so idk... so yeah I'd guess mainly a set or as some already mentioned when it was brought up previously a room simply to snooze for some nights
about the background, i see both, i see what could be a window, or maybe a doorway that's warped due to the shape of the 8 ball? otherwise, where is the door? obviously the reflection doesn't give us a full idea of the room but it seems likely.

i also, next to that, further left, see white storage cabinets built into the wall. for some reason i thought we had seen something similar in the new gaming room but i think i'm just mixing things up. either way, i think it could be both. what i don't see is any kind of furniture or decorations or belongings that indicate that he has stuff in the room other than what needs to be in shot for filming.

and, of course, it doesn't mean he never sleeps in there. (and it doesn't mean that he's sharing the moon room with dan even though thats what i'm leaning towards/hoping is the case) but i just can't imagine that that's the room he sleeps in every night and keeps all of his things in, especially since we noticed that none of the decorations from his room in the old flat are in the new one, eeven though they both keep saying the new room is exactly the same. the fact that they keep repeating that seems a little fishy to me
llion
living flop

phanofcats wrote:
disco wrote:

I actually screamed at this It does look like Phil is about to read something else out of the book but then it cuts away! Dan also said this one would actually happen
i can't believe you found this, what a catch! i want to go back and watch the cut/phil's reaction again. the question is was it cut out because of how much we'd all freak out, or because it's as accurate as the rest of the predictions?
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
lualey
tol bean

Hi! this is my first post :D
I just wanted to say that I loved the video and it's one of my favorites from 2017 so far.
Also I got curious about what the cards says about the future so I google searched. If you believe tarot cards or phil's psychic powers this is interesting
The ace of wands (Dan's future): In the future position, this card indicates that a big break is ahead, but it is a blessing.
The ace of cups (Phil's future from his other video): The Ace of Cups in the future position indicates that you are pursuing love as a goal in this lifetime.
Also just bc curiosity this what the page says about the knight of wands:
The Knight in the future position is often likely to represent someone else, not you. This could represent a man coming into your life. The Knight of Wands represents other people who are charismatic, intelligent, or artistic; they have a flair for saying the right thing at the right time. This is the recipe for seduction. Be sure he is more than just a passion poet looking for the quick score, though. The speed represented by this card should manifest as both of you falling in love, not him quickly seducing you and moving on soon after.
This is too much demon phannie well bye
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, Philip being naughty, why am I not surprised ;) banana peel down the neck while Dan holds his hand out of the way and slaps it on his back for good measure... be still, imagination, lest fic gets written That boy is such a cheeky monkey, I'm not surprised Dan slapped him with the banana peel about ten times. For all that Dan is no angel, I think Phil's worse and I love it.

Tarot bit was brilliant, I'm glad it was so accurate that Dan loosened up about his scepticism. I have some cards you do the same thing with to give you messages, there are different themes you can buy like angels, mine are goddesses, though you can do a whole bigger reading with tarot.

Dan's face and Phil's delivery at the beginning, "do it" etc, interesting Phil's not too bothered to say that. Good screenshots of Dan's reaction too, he didn't look quite sure about it.
saffarinda
truth bomb

lualey wrote:Hi! this is my first post :D
I just wanted to say that I loved the video and it's one of my favorites from 2017 so far.
Also I got curious about what the cards says about the future so I google searched. If you believe tarot cards or phil's psychic powers this is interesting
The ace of wands (Dan's future): In the future position, this card indicates that a big break is ahead, but it is a blessing.
The ace of cups (Phil's future from his other video): The Ace of Cups in the future position indicates that you are pursuing love as a goal in this lifetime.
The Knight in the future position is often likely to represent someone else, not you. This could represent a man coming into your life. The Knight of Wands represents other people who are charismatic, intelligent, or artistic; they have a flair for saying the right thing at the right time. This is the recipe for seduction. Be sure he is more than just a passion poet looking for the quick score, though. The speed represented by this card should manifest as both of you falling in love, not him quickly seducing you and moving on soon after.
these fuckin tarrot cards let me just

forget everything i said - i now believe in tarrot cards 100% in order to appease the demon phannie within me
25/04/2017 - #blessed
Ashling Rae
*editing tips*

saffarinda wrote:
lualey wrote:Hi! this is my first post :D
these fuckin tarrot cards let me just

forget everything i said - i now believe in tarrot cards 100% in order to appease the demon phannie within me
Okay, so I'm also not a huge believer in this sort of thing, but this has me really thrown. Or it did, until I realized..

What if we, only the die-hard fans, are meant to snoop into this? They know we will. They know we theorize, and we will believe anything that says they'll be together. And now we know that they (or, Dan at least) have sprinkled in hints about big life decisions that only the true trashcans (and therefore the people most affected by it) would notice. So here's my theory.. This video is scripted. They know which card is coming, in fact they chose them specifically for their meaning, which they never mention overtly, knowing some of us will dig for it.

And that's why the first two were so eerily accurate too. To really make us buy the last part.

Maybe they're hinting at a whole new level of "life thing".
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I have been so happy with the consistent Tuesday/Thurs upload schedule but I was also missing the thrill of a surprise upload. We do stan the very best youtubers. They are so good to us! I was so thrilled by this video (as opposed to the ASMR one which I didn't like v much). My daughter said I was scaring her bc my reactions seemed like I was possessed. I agree with the fav parts already mentioned but one other thing I squeed over was Phil's fondness for Daniels ending moral.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
opendoor
rainbow nerd

I'm an actual moron, I live in Western Australia, and I believed Phil with the banana thing. Why did I trust him, I know how sneaky he is! He got me in Can Your Pet, as well.
In my defense it's totally the sort of thing school-kids would do in WA.
It was so fckn funny the moment I (and Dan) realised it was a prank. Also Dan really didn't go easy on Phil with the banana-violence, it was beautiful.

Great video! I've only seen it once so far but I enjoyed it more than most deppy collabs on AmazingPhil. Maybe Dan's reactions were a little more genuine and less persona-y. I felt like he was still being danisnotonfire, but at a more manageable level. And the #bants flowed very well between them.

My fave part was probs Phil's reaction to the Death card- I had no idea that it didn't refer to actual negativity, endings and death so that would have been my reaction too.

Also I'm 100% a cynic, never going to believe fortune-telling one iota, and it's good to have Dan in the same boat. That way the video's accessible to people who do believe, and people who don't. I enjoyed that the tarot readings did relate to him so well though.
I am not surprised at all that there was a line about starting a family that they cut out, it seemed like the natural continuation of that paragraph, but seriously excellent sleuthing finding it.

I've said this before but Team the tiny empty room is a set.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

i am d y i n g
best vid i love them both so much

i don't believe in that kind of stuff but it's funny and great, the banana thing is 100% something a kid would make up (like opendoor said), the room is a set, and the universe is wonderful. amazingphil is now rebranding to "the concept of seeing a dog" *chkchkchk* i love him i support this rebrand
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Everything that I could say about the video has already been said, but I loved it and it was a very welcome distraction when I got a chance to watch it. My parents are staying with us this week and it's been so tense and awkward ahhhhhhh. :help:

I'm dumb and didn't realize Phil was pranking Dan until he got him to put the banana on his neck so kudos to Dan for going along with it even if he had to knew it was a prank. The banana abuse that came after was so funny and cute!
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

This was all actually a secret message from dnp to the Psychic Twins to reaffirm they don't want to go on their channel and they're coming for their branding
The Psychic Twins are shook!!!

For real though, that was such an enjoyable vid (and uploaded on my 21st bday thanks dnp )!!!! God, they've just come across as so giddy and happy together lately and it's so so so enjoyable to watch. I really enjoyed how excited Phil was about Dan's tarot card results, and how he was so enthusiastic about the idea of Dan having some well-deserved rest after an exhausting year, and becoming his authentic self. And of course the banana prank, I probably would have fallen for it too if only Phil hadn't said it was from Western Australia as I would surely have heard of it if that was the case. Also Phil making a phan-related innuendo on his channel, and implying the possibility of being with the mysterious Kyle (his personal trainer wow ) !!!!! nice and also good :')

Re: is Phil's room a set? - maybe I just have terrible eyesight but I can't make out anything in the reflection of the magic 8ball other than some vague blobs. I do think it's likely that the room is mainly a filming space/guest room/place where Phil can hang out alone sometimes and occasionally sleep if need be rather than his real bedroom, it does seem quite cramped and a bit impersonal.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

captainspacecoat wrote:For real though, that was such an enjoyable vid (and uploaded on my 21st bday thanks dnp )!!!!.

What a nice unintentional birthday present.
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

whoooooo, binches i am back did you miss me. i just read the last several threads and ilu idb

-same RPF evil/not evil conversation that has happened every year in fandom since before livejournal was a thing. (it's not evil, it's ours, not theirs. don't wave it in their faces they don't need to see it, it's not for them)

-new house/dan's rebrand 1000% awesome i loved seeing the reaction in retrospect

-phil's new video made me die laughing. rip me. i have to remember that as a fave for the next phandom survey.

-props to cherrybomb3 for no posting the whole time deppy have been in florida way to keep your idb branding alive dude.

anyway, back to your regularly scheduled trash party...
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

[offtopic]i've just spent an hour watching various videos with my 10 y.o niece and she likes them! her opinions are below the spoiler
on content: she thinks they're "kinda dumb" and that "dan is funnier, but phil is better for kids because he bleeps the swears and doesn't say dirty jokes." (we watched a couple collabs and the childhood videos, i forgot dan says some :? things in his)

on shipping: she noticed phil's eyebrows, asked if his hair is really black, and when i said it's kinda close to dan's color she asked if they're brothers. i told her they're best friends who live together, but some people think they might be dating (bc she was shooting me looks at every Love Eyes moment) and she said "that's dumb because its nobody's business if they don't say they are"
[/offtopic]
karma_yeah
philussy

adequate duck wrote:
-props to cherrybomb3 for no posting the whole time deppy have been in florida way to keep your idb branding alive dude.
What goes around, comes around Image
dansbonsaitree
tol bean

That banana prank . Honestly getting close to PINOF 1 levels of physical contact and I'm loving it.