Dan & Phil Part 47: Do it with Dan!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

uglyamerican wrote:Popping in to say that the lighting / camera in Dan's latest ls was an improvement over his old webcam setup. That said, the lagfest / unsync'ed version posted to YouTube was *almost* unwatchable (I ended up just listening.) Peeps are saying ther Tumblr upload is better, not sure of the technical reasons why...
I hope he goes back to the laptop, or ideally just buys a good webcam. The lighting might have been better but with the audio issues that's not worth it to me.
saffarinda
truth bomb

uglyamerican wrote:Popping in to say that the lighting / camera in Dan's latest ls was an improvement over his old webcam setup. That said, the lagfest / unsync'ed version posted to YouTube was *almost* unwatchable (I ended up just listening.) Peeps are saying ther Tumblr upload is better, not sure of the technical reasons why...
honestly i'd rather have shitty lighting as opposed to how delayed that ls is. the thing is, when i was watching it, it wasn't TOO laggy - but that delay on youtube man, wtf.

hope dan takes note of it and sees what he can do to fix it up~
25/04/2017 - #blessed
DatCog
blobfish

I also went to re-watch Dan's ls but the YouTube version was really out of sync and laggy in contrast to the Tumblr one. I don't understand why they are so different in quality . I don't like it being flipped either, that bugs me so I hope he goes back to his web cam next time, even if the picture quality isn't so good.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just out of curiosity about how whether they're doing better on youtube now than last year, I did some view count comparisons:

DAPG May 2016: 4,196,068
DAPG May 2017: 6,508,539

AmazingPhil May 2016: 2,551,142 (video w/Dan and Louise)
AmazingPhil May 2017: 3,190, 460

dinof May 2016: 3,811,756
dinof May 2017: 3,851,301

dini May 2017: 1,269,950
lap May 2017: 148,268

So they obviously post way more videos now, but their total view counts - and presumably profitability off of youtube (minus that whole argument about whether or not ads are worth the same, since that's a whole different discussion) - are definitely up. Considering the May 2016 ones have had a year to collect views and Dan and Phil's most recent main channel videos are less than a week old - this regular posting thing is definitely working out for them.
saffarinda
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote:Just out of curiosity about how whether they're doing better on youtube now than last year, I did some view count comparisons:

lap May 2017: 148, 268

So they obviously post way more videos now, but their view counts - and presumably profitability off of youtube (minus that whole argument about whether or not ads are worth the same, since that's a whole different discussion) - are definitely up. Considering the May 2016 ones have had a year to collect views and Dan and Phil's most recent main channel videos are less than a week old - this regular posting thing is definitely working out for them.
thank u for compiling this! wow DAPG has gone up massively, i'm so glad they're posting more frequently on there tbh.

phil posted one video in may 2016? was this around tour time or not, i can't remember.

i think the livestreams on their second channels will increase the views + adsense to them as well, as opposed to phanshows (or any other channels) uploading them. i mean, they do them anyway, I'm surprised neither of them considered the potential gain previously.

[offtopic]I was watching Phil's "Check Yes Juliet" video (which is incredible tbh) and I saw a comment from myself from 3 years ago! I always find it so crazy when I see comments I've made from years ago on videos, has anyone else ever seen old comments, or posts somewhere on the internet and just been abruptly surprised? It's like reading back on old conversations, you think about all the stuff that's happened to you since then... wow.[/offtopic]
25/04/2017 - #blessed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

saffarinda wrote:phil posted one video in may 2016? was this around tour time or not, i can't remember.
Yup, this was the start of the US leg of the tour.
onetruetrash
blobfish

saffarinda wrote:[offtopic]I was watching Phil's "Check Yes Juliet" video (which is incredible tbh) and I saw a comment from myself from 3 years ago! I always find it so crazy when I see comments I've made from years ago on videos, has anyone else ever seen old comments, or posts somewhere on the internet and just been abruptly surprised? It's like reading back on old conversations, you think about all the stuff that's happened to you since then... wow.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]Firstly, Check Yes Juliet is my favorite video by him.

Second, I've done that too. It's so weird.[/offtopic]
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote:Just out of curiosity about how whether they're doing better on youtube now than last year, I did some view count comparisons:

lap May 2017: 148,268

So they obviously post way more videos now, but their total view counts - and presumably profitability off of youtube (minus that whole argument about whether or not ads are worth the same, since that's a whole different discussion) - are definitely up. Considering the May 2016 ones have had a year to collect views and Dan and Phil's most recent main channel videos are less than a week old - this regular posting thing is definitely working out for them.
Those stats are so interesting! Thanks for putting it together I also checked out that Emma Blackery video too, it was very open of her to show all those stats and so interesting about adblock. I actually ended up subscribing (even those I was not really keen on her previously?) but i'm curious! I also watched one of her vlogs about how she got loads of subscribers back in 2012/13 and then kept changing her content to what she thought she should be doing and it was really eye opening!

On another note did anyone find a link to a flipped version of Dan's LS? I would definitely give it another watch if so! Also found it laggy on youtube but then also Tumblr, not sure if its just my laptop!
Anyway hope you guys are having a great week! :D
DatCog
blobfish

Really feeling the need for a gaming video this evening, I hope will oblige! A new game that we haven't seen before would be extra nice (or golf, I'm always in the mood for some golf) :thumb:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

After being somewhat awol during exam season, I am back and v hyped to finally get a sneak peak of their living room (they actually have windows, who knew?!), with a snazzy tv set up
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bluebox-away wrote:After being somewhat awol during exam season, I am back and v hyped to finally get a sneak peak of their living room (they actually have windows, who knew?!), with a snazzy tv set up
That room look nice and spacious. And yes their tv set up does look sweet.

Still hoping we are getting a gaming vid today.
DatCog
blobfish

bluebox-away wrote:After being somewhat awol during exam season, I am back and v hyped to finally get a sneak peak of their living room (they actually have windows, who knew?!), with a snazzy tv set up
Ooh very snazzy! I'm pleased to see that they look out on trees...I had visions of them being on the 20th floor or something

I love that Dan has snapped Jeremy Corbyn on his TV #votelabour ;)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Very nice setup! I'm interested in the trees out the window: it doesn't look as though the apartment is all that high up? And I know there are trees in London, but it looks very leafy for so near to a swanky building?

Not really wanting to stalk them--just like to picture their home.

Edit: and that looks like a decidedly meat-free pizza!
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

A) Phil must have taken this picture. Otherwise, what a weird way to hold your hands.
B) OMG more than just a wall! It's a miracle.

Hot-damn! All those windows! All that space! All that light! All that white furniture! Niiiiice.

I'm assuming this means no video today? Like a polite, "Here's your content for the day. Have fun, creepers!"
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, peek of the living room. This is the first time I've seen the new place and not thought it's plain and boring. I like the white table, tv stand and little side table for the speaker. Space even to set up the Rock Band drum kit! Horrible sludge coloured curtains, though. Pizza and Corbyn on the curved tv also look good.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

the size of that room and how modern it is makes me believe even less that that broom cupboard phil films his videos in was even intended to be a bedroom
xaephan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Hmm, so those drums were in the background of Dan's LS, so it looks like he has a little nook for a desk and their shelves of books there. That bit of couch looks the same as the one in Phil's picture of the floofy footstool, as does the rug. The white/grey theme is strong, so I think that confirms the table from Bryony's insta story is in dnp's place. A few more glimpses and we can totally work out a floorplan

I like that there seems to be a ton of natural light in their upstairs lounge/living room! That entire wall might even be all windows, which I bet Phil is happy about. Judging from the leaves--if those are leaves--from the window, it looks like that particular room is on the 2nd/3rd floor in the building. Maybe fourth if that's an old tree.
rizzo wrote:A) Phil must have taken this picture. Otherwise, what a weird way to hold your hands.
B) OMG more than just a wall! It's a miracle.

Hot-damn! All those windows! All that space! All that light! All that white furniture! Niiiiice.

I'm assuming this means no video today? Like a polite, "Here's your content for the day. Have fun, creepers!"
I didn't even notice his hand, I was too busy studying the room! But yes, I don't know how someone could take that themselves, it's too hard of a position.

I'm not holding my breath for a video today, since it seems like they were pretty busy the last few days what's with Phil not being home yesterday and those fan pictures outside. Maybe tomorrow, but if not, I don't expect anything until next week since Phil said he would try to do a LS on sunday.
if my heart was a compass you'd be north
previously myllakka
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

awsugar wrote:the size of that room and how modern it is makes me believe even less that that broom cupboard phil films his videos in was even intended to be a bedroom
Phil is Harry Potter living out some weird Stockholm Syndrome AU confirmed.
000dia000
emo goose

I really wish they made more content. They vanish so much, AND I've been busy and away and yet I come back and nothing has happened??? They must be doing something behind the scenes because It's hard to wrap my head around sometimes.

Also, I'm so confused by this new information. Phil said in a previous tweet he was on an elevator and we had established that they must live on the fifth floor or above. But this image shows trees, and they can only grow to maybe a third story or four if you push it (but in London?). So, did Phil say the elevator tweet was from their own apartment or...where was Phil really? I'm having a hard time rationalizing this information. If you want, you can interpret this as deppy taking an elevator to the top floor for some reason (maybe garden, lounging area or maybe just a poke around??).

EDIT: I knew it! If I made a bitchy comment, of course they will post haha
Last edited by 000dia000 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cactus:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alrady enjoying this video. the 'my boyfriend can't option that they censored intrigued me so i looked it up and it's 'my boyfriend can't come inside me' as seen in this video (4:52 if you're curious):
which makes me laugh a little harder at dan saying it was 'tickle my bum'
000dia000
emo goose

The video was fun, but the comment that they enjoy these kind of games due to the questions asked makes me want to curl up and sigh. They claim that they find the stuff interesting...it clearly isn't, they just want an excuse to have easy, nonthreatening content to put out. Putting forward "I like this so much" and encouraging us to believe it is quality, justifies frequent playing of this game.
(That boyfriend comment was a total slip of the tongue and kind of interesting though)
:cactus:
DatCog
blobfish

That was great...great bants, great freckles . I enjoy these sort of videos, they're just easy to watch. However, wtf was Phil on about when he said that the Loch Ness Monster was an elephant?!
ananas
crusty sponge

Quite a standard gaming video :) Not really exciting game, but okay. Phil has a bandaid on his finger This was filmed after Florida, right? Phil looks ghostly white and Dan seems slightly tanner..at least compared to Phil.
lishachi
eclipse shirt

awsugar wrote:alrady enjoying this video. the 'my boyfriend can't option that they censored intrigued me so i looked it up and it's 'my boyfriend can't come inside me' as seen in this video (4:52 if you're curious):
which makes me laugh a little harder at dan saying it was 'tickle my bum'
I don't know why but that portion of the video I just hid behind my blanket in a sort of embarrassed way, just sort of laughing to myself. I just couldn't watch it all, I tried to look at their reactions in the corner and saw dan's little blush and just started laughing again. I can't tell if they were nonchalant about it or kind of embarrassed themselves tho as I blocked most of it out. Why am I like this. (Maybe it's cus this kind of stuff doesn't come up and with people thinking they're together and a game just coming up with a boyfriend question I was a bit like I don't know.) Maybe those of you who've watched it all can make some interesting comments on it haha.
Nice to have a gaming video though! Phils comment about the Loch Ness monster had me in stitches. He's so funny. Never change Phil.
:biflag: :blackheart: