Dan & Phil Part 49: Don't curl, quiff

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

I'm interested to see what the video will be but I'm annoyed at him for cancelling his liveshow last minute and apparently hasn't even finished editing the video yet so now a load of people (i.e. me) are procrastinating/ anxiously refreshing while waiting for a video that might not materialize for hours. And now I've hyped myself up for a video and that's never a good sign. I wish he wouldn't do this. If it's a good video I'll forgive him though (until next time)

oh no top of the page don't look at meeee
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

coffeepenguin wrote:
yellowsubmarine wrote:Edit: now that I think about it, is there a posibility that it could be an ISG themed around dating? Or am I reaching? Either way, I'm interested.
For all of our sake, I really hope it is, it'll spare us the cringefest that could be another variation of sexy internet dating and people who hate ISG for a reason that still remains a complete mystery to me will be happy not to get another regular ISG for some time afterwards, everybody wins :thumb:
Well.. guess we'll have to wait and see.
I like ISG I think it's a good series so I wouldn't be mad at all actually. Regarding if it's sexy internet dating part 2, well I just hope it's less cringe idk (I found Phil's own tinder ad cringy af and still survived .. let's see what the danno has in store)

Can i just say that the video hasn't even dropped and we're already 2 pages in?
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

BuffyFiona wrote:
BSV wrote:Lets try and stay positive :)....Ahhhh
Maybe it will be about... memes! Tinder memes! Didn't he say he liked the memes about Tinder? Or something?
I can't remember him specifically saying that (my memories pretty bad) but it could be? Although would he do two meme vids back to back? ekk i guess we'll find out soon! :)
iwishiwasacasual
glabella

can't wait until after we've all seen the video and talk about disappointing it was because we over hyped it.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

BSV wrote:
BuffyFiona wrote:
Maybe it will be about... memes! Tinder memes! Didn't he say he liked the memes about Tinder? Or something?
I can't remember him specifically saying that (my memories pretty bad) but it could be? Although would he do two meme vids back to back? ekk i guess we'll find out soon! :)
He mentioned liking Tinder memes on Reddit in a ls after Phil's Tinder video had come out.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

BSV wrote:
BuffyFiona wrote:
he said that in the ls after phil's tinder spon, i remember because it was laggy and i thought he'd said there were good memes on tinder which was really confusing for a minute (now i'm imagining one of these dating website ads like "tinder...for the cultivated memer...every 2.5 minutes a person finds their meme-able companion") (i probably shouldn't stay up for dan's video)
thank's you were great
BSV

somethingsketchy wrote:
BSV wrote:
BuffyFiona wrote:
He mentioned liking Tinder memes on Reddit in a ls after Phil's Tinder video had come out.
Ah ok, i need to pay more attention!
Ah @Lurker maybe it was just super laggy and i didnt catch that bit! :D
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Talking of frenzy, it's been an hour since he tweeted, boy could have done the fricking liveshow in that time. Sideyeing him snarling on Phil about checking the collab calendar when he blows off a regular liveshow for a video that could be scheduled around it. Anyway, Tinder spon. If it wasn't an awkward question I'd love to ask them what relevance it has to their channels cos I really don't see it, but I'm intrigued to see what he's done with it. Probably something daft, but I usually find him funny as heck so fingers crossed.

I'd just shoved half a stick of KitKat into my mouth when I saw that catfishing comment on the previous page, snorted laughing and spat on my iPad screen

Relationship status and attraction hadn't occurred to me, I doubt he'll mention much, but you never know.
BSV

The more i think about it a relationship themed ISG would make sense (thus deflecting any relationship questions from him personally), but i was hoping for something a bit more exciting :) but ill take whatever to be fair
droopy

Woke up and saw 3 new pages, figured that a video had dropped while I was asleep.

Nope, just pre-video pandemonium.

Since Dan is the King of Overhype, I'm not going to get my hopes up. But reading everyone's different theories has made me curious as to what's actually going to happen. (And of course, since the universe is a huge troll, it's going to end up being "none of the above" and something completely unrelated to anything brought up here.)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

flarequake wrote:Talking of frenzy, it's been an hour since he tweeted, boy could have done the fricking liveshow in that time. Sideyeing him snarling on Phil about checking the collab calendar when he blows off a regular liveshow for a video that could be scheduled around it.
Assume it's uploading, he wouldn't want to be streaming so there is nothing fighting with the bandwich, right? Maybe the in an hour cave thing reference is that it is currently uploading, he came out for a snack and tweeted then will go back in and click publish?
sparkle
blobfish

droopy wrote:Woke up and saw 3 new pages, figured that a video had dropped while I was asleep.

Since Dan is the King of Overhype, I'm not going to get my hopes up. But reading everyone's different theories has made me curious as to what's actually going to happen. (And of course, since the universe is a huge troll, it's going to end up being "none of the above" and something completely unrelated to anything brought up here.)
it's going to be Dan flirting with some fucking firewood isn't it
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
droopy

sparkle wrote:
droopy wrote:Woke up and saw 3 new pages, figured that a video had dropped while I was asleep.

it's going to be Dan flirting with some fucking firewood isn't it
with our luck as an audience, it very well could be.

but everyone keep guessing! by some law or another, if we throw out enough ideas, eventually one of them will be right.

EDIT:

Last edited by droopy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Bit late to the party but I've been in a cave watching the Anthony & Dan collab 1073894£3£ times a day. Having never really been interested in Anthony before, I can honestly say I ship it so hard! Really enjoyed the video, it really made me laugh and they have such good chemistry. One of, it not my favourite Dan collab.

Bit salty Dan cancelled his liveshow tonight with no notice. Surely he knew an hour before he wasn't going to be ready, why leave it to 21:00 to say he's not doing it. Not such a big deal for me as I'm in the UK but people do actually set their alarms to wake up for them.

This actually gives me time to work on a Dan and Phil London tour I'm making for a friend haha (I've taken a few friends on it already and is actually quite fun, going to all the places on the last 2 DITL).
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I could have made the freaking dinner by now...

EDIT: wWhoooppss nevermind! haha
sparkle
blobfish

ITS FUCKING UP
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
relatablemood

Was about to give my own opinions (more like anxious feelings) when the notification popped up!

Hi, by the way. I'm new. :?
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
plath
sofa crease

oh thank god it's not another ISG

I like them, but enough. lol
nope.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
flarequake wrote:Talking of frenzy, it's been an hour since he tweeted, boy could have done the fricking liveshow in that time. Sideyeing him snarling on Phil about checking the collab calendar when he blows off a regular liveshow for a video that could be scheduled around it.
Assume it's uploading, he wouldn't want to be streaming so there is nothing fighting with the bandwich, right? Maybe the in an hour cave thing reference is that it is currently uploading, he came out for a snack and tweeted then will go back in and click publish?
Yeah, I understand that, I just thought he meant it was imminent.
simmehchan
butt chair

Sooo... he showed men. Interesting, he must have purposefully chosen that. Maybe I'm looking too much into that choice, though. :D

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

I'm pleasantly surprised by that video.
BSV

Yay something i was not expecting! Yay for the male mentions, im happy :)
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I liked it! I'm so glad I liked it!
llion
living flop

simmehchan wrote:Sooo... he showed men. Interesting, he must have purposefully chosen that. Maybe I'm looking too much into that choice, though. :D
this was my first thought as well! i truly love this post-baking universe where they don't seem to overthink things like this anymore. some people are gonna consider this some sort of confirmation of sexuality, but i feel like we're past that point anyway. i consider it more an openness to it, like "i'm gonna do this and no one can stop me."

i really like how little shits they seem to give about what people think anymore. (especially dan)

i haven't even finished the video because i got such a warm, happy feeling for him when i noticed this. i'll be back for the rest of my thoughts.
art credit: koreinkorein (thank you!)
eel
dank meme

I really liked the new Dan video. It had the potential to be so shitty. Certainly better than the mess of the last video.
[offtopic]This video came at the best time. I have been stuck in bed because I keep violently falling. The video gave me a really nice distraction.[/offtopic]
Just a fish who loves watching Dan and Phil.