Dan & Phil Part 50: Should we kiss now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

onetruetrash wrote:
Where's that from?
BuffyFiona
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

onetruetrash wrote:
If anyone is wondering, the article is "17 Super-Honest Stories About Dating As An Asexual Person" from Buzzfeed, and the stories were from them "ask[ing] people from the BuzzFeed Community who identify on the asexual spectrum to tell us the best and worst things about dating and being in a relationship while ace."

edit: Haha I didn't even see LtrllySusan asking, but there you go! I always immediately google for these things, I hate when people tweet pictures of text instead of linking them or textually quoting, so I have to type out some of the text from the image myself and then search for that. But I like to always know everything and its origin and source. Trust but verify!
Last edited by BuffyFiona on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
000dia000
emo goose

BuffyFiona wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
If anyone is wondering, the article is "17 Super-Honest Stories About Dating As An Asexual Person" from Buzzfeed, and the stories were from them "ask[ing] people from the BuzzFeed Community who identify on the asexual spectrum to tell us the best and worst things about dating and being in a relationship while ace."
There are probably many 26 year old queer people named Dan, and I'm pretty sure our Dan hates Buzzfeed so I'm going to say a very firm No to this being him.
:cactus:
onetruetrash
blobfish

000dia000 wrote:
BuffyFiona wrote:
onetruetrash wrote:
There are probably many 26 year old queer people named Dan, and I'm pretty sure our Dan hates Buzzfeed so I'm going to say a very firm No to this being him.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I thought it was interesting tho
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

000dia000 wrote: There are probably many 26 year old queer people named Dan, and I'm pretty sure our Dan hates Buzzfeed so I'm going to say a very firm No to this being him.
Yeah, haha, I was gonna say that I somehow doubt that Dan would not only be an active member of Buzzfeed Community, but would also for some reason give them intimate details about his constantly speculated relationship and sexuality, without even changing his name or age, for them to publish openly on the internet... just doesn't really seem plausible...

...unless he's hiding in plain sight...
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

BuffyFiona wrote:
surprise it means ace in the northern way and not the sexual way
malday
emo goose

000dia000 wrote: There are probably many 26 year old queer people named Dan, and I'm pretty sure our Dan hates Buzzfeed so I'm going to say a very firm No to this being him.
What!? you don't believe he would tell Buzzfeed he's married, queer and ace?!
skepticism is getting out of hand, and each day we're moving further from God!!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

malday wrote:
New conspiracy: Buzzfeed is both sponning Dan and Phil, and is how they'll eventually come out.

Phil has done two Buzzfeed quizzes in a row.
The last one he did because Dan told him to.
Now Dan is cleverly seeding Buzzfeed comments with extremely vague allusions to his sexuality and being married.

Prediction: The week in March was them collaborating with buzzfeed to make just the perfect quiz to announce they're married, which Phil will do in a liveshow some time in August. (And it was so hard because they just couldn't agree on what the most appropriate gifs to use during a quiz announcing your sexuality/marriage/etc to the world.)
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

chiccola wrote:Tomska posted this
I looked back at Tom's Last Week vlog to see what I could garner about this shot from the shotlist, but all it's told me is that this is probably "Downstairs shot A3; Two shot (just meaning the frame shows two people); Dan and Tom (all lines) (intro, new angle...)" So that told me nothing I didn't know already, nice. I can't think of any obvious reason/joke about why Tom is holding a folding chair, so that makes me excited about the sketch being entertaining and not predictable, which is nice (though I do generally trust Tom to come up with fresh content, but it's gone through so many rewrites and corporate review processes that who even knows).

Anyway, it seems like we'll finally get a video showcasing Dan's infamous "standing awkwardly in the corner at parties looking bored/depressing while attempting to avoid social interaction" behaviors which we've heard about/have been implied, but never really seen (though he usually has a non-Tom-shaped human next to him). Honestly, it seems like something Dan would have made a video about back when he made all the "What not to do in/at ______" videos, and Reasons Why Dan's a Fails. Honestly I'm not sure what I'm driveling about, can you tell that I'm bored?
cherrybomb3 wrote: surprise it means ace in the northern way and not the sexual way
I'm just imagining Phil seeing a post like "Are YOU In An Ace Relationship? Want To Share Your Experiences?" and going "You know what, my relationship is very ace! And I do want to talk about it!" then coming up with random details, but accidentally just using Dan's because they're the first things that came to mind
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: New conspiracy: Buzzfeed is both sponning Dan and Phil, and is how they'll eventually come out.

Now Dan is cleverly seeding Buzzfeed comments with extremely vague allusions to his sexuality and being married.

Prediction: The week in March was them collaborating with buzzfeed to make just the perfect quiz to announce they're married, which Phil will do in a liveshow some time in August. (And it was so hard because they just couldn't agree on what the most appropriate gifs to use during a quiz announcing your sexuality/marriage/etc to the world.)
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote:
malday wrote:
New conspiracy: Buzzfeed is both sponning Dan and Phil, and is how they'll eventually come out.

I just want you to know that I read this while I was out and ended up laughing out loud and looking like an idiot

Do we think we're getting a Phil liveshow tonight? He did say yesterday his voice was coming back, but I wonder if he'll skip or not? I need my weekly Phil dose
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That reasoning for Phil responding because his relationship is ace ;) Dan is such a popular name, I'm subscribed to Daniel Layton and another Daniel, an artist called Borodante, but no other youtubers I watch have the same name. Then there's all the Dans you meet amongst the many other guys with popular names.

I'm curious why Tom's character reached for an available chair as a shield at a party. Just awkwardness I guess, but it's certainly more obvious than Dan's beer. Dan with beer looks odd, it's so ordinary.

Dream Daddy is out. Anyone hoping they'll play it (I have seen a request on Twitter)?
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

cherrybomb3 wrote:
BuffyFiona wrote:
surprise it means ace in the northern way and not the sexual way
Well that puts a whole new spin on Phil's videos.
Moonbeamsonthepath
living flop
Pronouns: she

Also from the same Buzzfeed article

https://www.buzzfeed.com/philipm446d01175

(not saying it's him, but imagine if they did come out by very slowly dropping hints all over the internet until it becomes obvious?)
liola
rankussy

Moonbeamsonthepath wrote:Also from the same Buzzfeed article

https://www.buzzfeed.com/philipm446d01175

(not saying it's him, but imagine if they did come out by very slowly dropping hints all over the internet until it becomes obvious?)
I know there's no way it's them and yet I'm

sparkle
blobfish

I go away for two days and Phil gets laryngitis, they have another travel disaster, someone gets sent one of the coolest backpacks I've ever seen, and there's been debate that August will bring a deppy wedding documentary

didn't miss much did I :')

I'm going to watch the live show while I pack for London (this week has been BUSY af) but I'm excited to hear Dan talk about the Tinder #spon. I am SO surprised he has never used it. Wow Daniel, next thing you'll be telling us that you live in London, or that the sky is ACTUALLY blue.

Thoughts on the possible thing they're doing because I missed out on the discussion, I'm aware the conversation has moved on so you are free to ignore me
Basically, I think if they were to do a coming out documentary, even if it was strictly edutainment, I think it would be because they needed full control over their relationship for whatever reason. Can't get outed if you out yourself? Thats a very d&p thing to do.

What I would like to see, and I HOPE they are doing/Dan makes a video on is the effect of YouTube on interpersonal relationships and mental health of creators. (I'd love to do a MA dissertation on this but getting access to any YouTubers that are big enough for this to impact would be nigh on impossible, even with confidentiality clauses). See I want to know what happened to them in 2012, not in the sense of #PhanProof but in the sense that I want to know what its like on the other side? I've been publicly shit on by fandoms (I got read out on Radio One by Daniel P. Carter, the MCRmy didn't like what I said, I got death threats, people tried to doxx me, it was horrendous) and its hard enough when its one day of your life. Never mind every day, and never mind being one of the most private parts of your life.

I want them to talk about this. I want them to tackle something serious. I can't see them doing a documentary on their relationship specifically, but I can see them doing a documentary on fandoms.

*gets tinfoil hat* so what if it is this.

In October they get a confirmation that they're going to work on a documentary about shipping. Online phenomena, and Phan is a ship that refuses to set sail. Lets assume they are together for this, they are exploring at what point the 'evidence' becomes undeniable and a relationship and sexuality is viewed as authentic without an explicit confirmation as such.

So they start hinting, we have the baking video, and this is them seeing how much sexual tension they can get away with displaying. Dan talks more and more about sexuality, they have the flirtingbants at the start of the Bombs video, they are more comfortable touching each other. Then August happens and we realise its been a social experiment and they're like 'psych' until the last scene of the documentary where they show a 'gag' reel of all the things that haven't made the cut since October and one of them is them kissing, and we realise they are trolls, but geniuses too.

lbr, i'm still totally down for it being t-minus 2 weeks until #phanwedding and Dan is desperately trying to nurse Phil back to health so he has a voice for their big day, which is why they're not even attempting to film a gaming video
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
majitzu
angel bean

Of course Dan is sharing his life through buzzfeed, is so ilogical that no one would really believe is really him. A truly mastermind I'm telling you!

I have finish my first uni semester of the year with really good grades, and I wanted to say that I'll be reading and posting more but that's a lie. In 9 hours is the launch of my favevourite videogame and I'll be playing no stop for my 3 weeks vacations.

I don't think Phil will be doing a ls, even if his voice is better he should rest it a bit more.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

[offtopic]I am sorry if this is totally offtopic but the lead singer of Linkin Park has passed away and I am kinda sad and had to tell someone. Source in TW. [/offtopic]
sparkle
blobfish

LtrllySusan wrote:[offtopic]I am sorry if this is totally offtopic but the lead singer of Linkin Park has passed away and I am kinda sad and had to tell someone. Source in TW. [/offtopic]
[offtopic]just talking about this with my girlfriend, I'm so incredibly saddened. I feel like everyone had a Linkin Park phase[/offtopic]
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
majitzu
angel bean

well consider me wrong, Phil's ls time!
liola
rankussy

Looks like Phil IS doing a liveshow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UdEl8dPZ4

obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

liola wrote:Looks like Phil IS doing a liveshow!

He sounds pretty good for recovering from laryngitis!
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Totally was not expecting to see the YouNow alert! Surprise liveshow! His voice sounds pretty good, but he says it will be a truncated liveshow, until his voice starts giving up
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I can't do cheerful LS right now :/ Hope someone posts a summary later for me to read.
liola
rankussy

obscureDnPreference wrote:
liola wrote:Looks like Phil IS doing a liveshow!

He sounds pretty good for recovering from laryngitis!
He does! But he does sound a bit like he's recovering from a cold, just not super sick.

He looks lovely

He's trying vocal range and he just cracked I love this dork

can I hope for some caretaker!Dan story