Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
chiccola
sofa crease

I don't have much to add to the bedroom/moving/socks discussion, but can I just say, I'm really excited for them to play Dream Daddy?
I've watched Markiplier play it and expected it to be another trash game like My Horse Prince, but it's actually really fun and the dad puns are killing me

Also #spoiler, there's this selection bit soon at the beginning of the game where you have to choose whether your Dadsona used to be married to a woman or a man
I'm curious to see what the two of them will pick ;)
gnostic
stress mushroom

Holy shit Phil and I have the same socks again
Just here for the marketing skills
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

chiccola wrote:I don't have much to add to the bedroom/moving/socks discussion, but can I just say, I'm really excited for them to play Dream Daddy?
I've watched Markiplier play it and expected it to be another trash game like My Horse Prince, but it's actually really fun and the dad puns are killing me

Also #spoiler, there's this selection bit soon at the beginning of the game where you have to choose whether your Dadsona used to be married to a woman or a man
I'm curious to see what the two of them will pick ;)
I really hope they'll say something about how it could realistically be both ... and then choose the father option.
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Not to give away too personal information about myself, but one of the dads in Dream Daddy just so happens to have my IRL dad's name, so if they do end up playing it (which seems very likely at this point, yay) just... please guys, please choose anyone but him...

also, I wonder what they'd make their dadsona look like? A combo of them or a totally unique character? If they made it Dil I'd laugh pretty hard.
quercussp
living flop

I feel that Dan and Phil accomplished exactly what they wanted: they've dropped so many hints that an actual confirmation that they share a room isn't really that big of a deal - it's just old news. I feel that that was intentional and worked really well. This ls was a test for how much the phandomwould freak out and I feel we passed? Also, imagine if Dan talked about the connection between his emo phase and queerness a year or two ago? We would flip out, but now it's just

Honestly I am much more interested in the layout of their apartment then in proof that they are together, because it's just a fact at this point.

Also, I just love that there were people that actually continued the sock discourse
I love idb.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

missemma wrote:Sorry this might be long I have a lot of opinions today haha.
flarequake wrote: I'm not entirely sure how far you guys are serious on these tinfoil theories. Purposely showing the bedroom for reasons? Hmm. Interesting. Dan said Phil needed the PC because he was working out game streaming as Macs are useless for games, which in my limited experience is sadly true even when the Mac has the hardware capability. The Sims 4 crashed and Guild Wars 2 juddered around. To that end, I now don't get why Dan couldn't use his usual nook with his iMac cos the PC is in the gaming room.

Had a cute surprise notification of a note from Dan on my YouNow profile, not bad after one from Phil, clementine-themed, the other week and then a goodbye last time. It said something like "thanks for spending an hour in my dank den now go have a drink". I'm curious how those work, are they totally random or what, who knows.
Glad you liked my little edit, i can totally imagine the neighbours hating on them especially if Dan is loud all day every day.

I am 100% serious about the theories. Dan didn't have to do a liveshow in the bedroom, they have multiple other places beside the gaming room - the slounge, the actual lounge, phil's room, the room he does dinof videos in, the little nook he usually does it in.
Phil may have needed to work on the gaming PC but they actually seem to have 2 gaming computers now. The one in the photo of Phil soundproofing (which is the one I assume he was talking about in the liveshow) and the one Dan plays GW on. I don't believe that he carries the clickety-clacky keyboard up and down so why not just sit in the usual space? He could have used the MacBook in the nook or in the slounge where they did the joint liveshow if there was an issue with the PC but he wanted to show us the room and things in it. He knows how much the phandom coughuscough analyse everything. He knows we would see Phil's mirror in there and the shoes on the rack that look very much like Phil's grey Vans.

Some other things that caught my attention in the liveshow after thinking about it:
Why would he even need to keep the curtains closed, they're on the 7th floor according to him, so higher than before (although I am skeptical about this as he stumbled a little when saying he pressed floor 7). It's not like people would be able to see in unless they're overlooked by other tall buildings but it sounded like they were on a busy road again as so many sirens. He could have easily opened half the blind or half the curtain to let some light in, or bought one of their gaming lights in. Maybe he wanted to keep it dark so it was harder to see certain things. I just found that so strange.

He kept going on about there being no houseplants in the bedroom, but he didn't have any in his old room so didn't understand the relevance of it.

Oh also, the notifications from younow seem to be for anyone who sends a message that he reads or a tip etc. You know you can do that free spin on the app, if you do that then a message is generally left. Think it's to encourage people to try and do it more. Extra £££ innit.
apathy wrote: You can see the blue source directly a bit when he pans to the rug, it looks like it's in a separate (dark) room. Every frame is blurry except when he stops on the rug, and then you can barely see it in the corner.
ImageImage
I don't think that's a tv I think it's an en-suite bathroom and what you can see as the blue is in fact the window with the blind over it. At the time he does the liveshow it would be light enough outside to be that colour.
On the left though, in the main room, is that another big blind. Maybe the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows?! Couldn't work out if it was blinds or wardrobe.
squishydanny wrote:Firstly:

Yes I also wanted to know what this is too! It seems very weird. Also, what is that hideous pattern thing next to it? Is it a large poster or piece of material. I don't understand.

Also floor vs cardboard:
100% floor.
I think the pattern thing is a window shade. I think the blue thing is indeed a tv with chrome cast (probs the slounge tv). My idea of the duplex layout is that it's two floors. 1st floor is the slounge, both bedrooms, gaming room, Dan's filming room. 2nd floor is lounge, dining room, kitchen. Could be terrace off of 2nd floor or rooftop garden.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed formatting
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Re: chromecast vs window - At first I was with everyone on thinking it was a tv, but missemma made me see the light and now I can't see it as anything other than a window with fabric blinds. I have the exact same type in my room, and that is exactly what that blue thing looks like. It makes more sense to me that the master bedroom would have an ensuite directly off it than a living room.

Also agree that the thing on top of the potential-Phil-shoes is Dan's stripy jumper folded up, and think the patterned thing on the wall is either strangely-patterned blinds over a window or a weird built-in wardrobe door (or maybe just a piece of fabric hung up as decoration lol).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The mirror positioned in front of the moon chair like that looks like where someone would sit to do their hair. Does Phil still straighten his fringe after a shower like he used to?
George
sad dimple

Just dropping by to say that I'm on a team that the centipede pic is half floor and half cardboard and they just happen to match.

(I'm not used to write in English so sorry for the mistakes in my posts.)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

alittledizzy wrote:The mirror positioned in front of the moon chair like that looks like where someone would sit to do their hair. Does Phil still straighten his fringe after a shower like he used to?
Idk if he does, but I'm here for this theory.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I feel like that thing hanging up could be a waterproof coat? It looks like a clear bin bag or something? i dunno!
I totally see the patterned cream panel as a blind for the window
chiccola
sofa crease

droopy wrote:also, I wonder what they'd make their dadsona look like? A combo of them or a totally unique character? If they made it Dil I'd laugh pretty hard.
Ooh, I wonder too! They'll probably have to create a combined character again,so perhaps instead of Dil, they could use their full names... or second names! No idea what a combination of the names would be in that case

I also wonder which dad's route they'll play, and if there'll be any disagreements
(I need to know if they have a similar taste shh )
fondsmiles
phabergé

ITS A CHILD omg do you hear me crying
[x]
[x]
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

fondsmiles wrote: ITS A CHILD omg do you hear me crying
Phil's hair looks so good (so does Dan's).
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
liola
rankussy

That pic warms my cold heart

I haven't been able to catch up with Dan's ls yet, but I've read the timestamps and all the twitter/tumblr posts. What can I say? I agree that Dan doing his liveshow in his bedroom is a clear choice: it's not like they don't have enough space in their house, he could've easily done it in the slounge, where they did the first one. And for saying he didn't want to show his moon room ever, he did show us quite a bit, enough to give the phandom something to analyze like he KNOWS we do.

I truly think they're testing the water. If I compare the reactions over the (now obvious) sharing the room theory to what the phandom did during the Phil Trash #1 or even the BONCAS meltdown (bless you Phil forever for that one ), the difference is really obvious. The phandom didn't lose their minds, it's just something now quietly accepted. They're genius in this.

At this point I wonder, how far away are we from a very quiet confirmation? I feel it coming.

One thing about the liveshow stood out to me: Dan said they put the soundproof tiles on the wall BEFORE they played Crash? Phil's tweet made it look like he was doing it right in that moment... these boys I swear. Phil loves to tweet things that look like are happening in that moment, does he not?

RE: cardboard vs hardwood. I have a phobia of all insects so I'm not going to zoom in on that pic any more and I'd rather not see it ever agai but that is 100% floor to me. No way it's anything else.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

[tumblr] <div class="tumblr-post" data-href="https://embed.tumblr.com/embed/post/wlG ... 3420712767" data-did="f2506695328a0166139b85b68b0f8afb438f08f9">[/tumblr]

I think I'm just angry about trans rights in the US today, but this kinda made me emotional?

Now, PHIL'S MIRROR.

Did he tell us it smashed? Or am I making that up? Another thought I had: There's no way he could have worked his mirror into the background of his video set now because it would show us how small the room is.

EDIT: Embedding things is hard.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

chiccola wrote:
droopy wrote:also, I wonder what they'd make their dadsona look like? A combo of them or a totally unique character? If they made it Dil I'd laugh pretty hard.
Ooh, I wonder too! They'll probably have to create a combined character again,so perhaps instead of Dil, they could use their full names... or second names! No idea what a combination of the names would be in that case

I also wonder which dad's route they'll play, and if there'll be any disagreements
(I need to know if they have a similar taste shh )
If they don't name their Dadsona Michael James now I'll be sorely disappointed. :D I also wonder which route they're gonna play but my money is on Damien just because of his aesthetics.

(Another quality post by Katka...)
autumnhearth
senpai

I'm back, after another awful night's sleep and a bit of inner turmoil over if we're making too much of Dan showing the moon room (but still calling it "my room", which really is still true and saying "our" is both unnecessary and would mean admitting something they are not quite ready to admit.) So I keep walking this line of feeling bad that they are uncomfortable and still using this separate bedroom language because they are in a closeted relationship and then being like, no he chose to do the ls here out of all the other options, they are watching us and possibly laughing at us. It's probably somewhere in between.
zessei wrote:Hi all, long time lurker new time poster :D

felixliguori beat me to it - the wirrow art is seen in the apartment tour at 3:52

And autumnhearth I thought the thing on the top left of the shoe rack looked like dan's stripey jumper folded up

I love all these conspiracy theories there has never been a better time to be alive
Thanks I absolutely see the stripes now (my tired brain was only seeing ridges before, like a grey crocheted hand puppet) and yay for coming out of lurking! I agree with the patterned blind interpretation and there are two of them in that corner. I'm just not used to the kind of blinds they have so they always look weird to me. Still don't understand what is hanging off of it and more importantly *why*. The ls itself answered my question about the scarf on the mirror.

There are so many things I want to quote, but I am so lazy and also on a bit of a time restraint so I'm just going to reply to what I remember, sorry, you all are great.

Mirrors: Not that I'm skeptical or trying to disprove anything, but the skinny white mirror seems like a very common cheap mirror that didn't have to be Phil's from the old apartment. However, I acknowledge the presence of Dan's ornate mirror in the same room (I don't think it was ever in the hallway, I think the curved wall is definitely in and a major inspiration for the moon room being a moon room). The ornate mirror seems to be across from a large closet wall, while the white mirror is in what seems like a nook where the shoe rack is (though it's not angled for admiring one's footwear, but could be there to take in the finished look or you know for hair straightening).

I didn't see anyone talk about the white side table (seen in the tweet with the centipede) which appears to be floating like the bed? That's cool. I was surprised to see the teddy bear lamp on it though. I expected something silver and aesthetic. I did see the bed edge when he was panning to the rug, which I have a question about. I had wondered in his old room, is it cow hide with sliver speckles on it?

Good job quickly identifying the Wirrow painting folks, that only makes sense. I wonder where the the one that used to hang over Dan's bed ended up. I'm on the fence about the blue light source. I assume there is an ensuite. human where do you see the face towel? sparle what makes you think this room wasn't intended as the master bedroom?

Re someone noticing that Phil's room looks more complete and is thus a set. Well yes, they said in the moving video and in one of the first AmazingPhil videos after the move that it would be like taking a crane and lifting the old room into the new one. I mean it's much easier to replicate a video backdrop (whether it is or was an actual lived in room) and fill a small space that came with some furniture with all the old fun knick knacks, than to conceptualize, shop for and finish a large private space that wasn't intended to ever be on camera (especially if you're not planning on staying for long). Phil's room had to be ready right away to film videos in, even if posters and the surface stuff may move around.

I wouldn't be so sure about the seventh floor mention in Dan's story. That didn't even have to be the lift in their apartment building (though it is the most likely option). But I sure as hell wouldn't give away the right floor number.

Aww yay Make A Wish! Everything else is irrelevant. I look forward to hearing what they did together, maybe Phil will tell us first. I mean I also agree with waveydnp, that was my favorite part of the ls, it's just fun to over here.

James Michael sounds better to me. (Oh no wonder, he's a musician).
annetamiau
lady door

Hi everyone! Long time no post.

My tiny contribution to the moving conspiracies:

This is a screenshot from Dan's Emo video, which, according to what he said in yesterday's livheshow, was possibly (probably?) filmed last weekend:

The shelf above the piano looks VERY empty compared to past liveshows and the picture from the Tinder spon. It doesn't have to mean anything, they could be rearranging the books and DVDs, but
Last edited by annetamiau on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i've started watching to dan's liveshows again and i love this semi-eloquent, semi-educated version of my own 14 year old whining of 'but its not actually emo!! i'm not emo!!'. i prefer his rambling discussions that are just lightly pushed on by comments and questions rather than just answering multiple short questions or just reading out dumb comments to say 'no'. he does a lot of 10/15 minute segments of talking about interesting things like music and culture and i wish he did follow up on those vague discussions about uploading second channel videos like that. but also i like the lack of planning and i feel like if he did do those videos more they wouldnt just be lightly planned and edited but a bit overdone

this is when i wish he was into/talked about japanese music as much as he did about anime, the emo-weeb combos who were into visual kei and j-rock were my 14 year old friends. howre you going to claim to be a self proclaimed weeb and final fantasy fan and not have had a gackt phase, the guy was the inspo for about 5 characters, voices one and as a soundtrack song

my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
moaninglisa
drama llama

obscureDnPreference wrote:Now, PHIL'S MIRROR.

Did he tell us it smashed? Or am I making that up?
i don't remember that ,':\
i read recaps of phil's post-move liveshows and i couldn't find a single mention of a broken mirror.

well i did find something but these tweets are a bit old:
i'm really confused because some people have been saying that but i have no recollection of it. when did he said his mirror shattered?
the mandela effect is reel
Countllamas
phillion/danosaur <//3

annetamiau wrote:Hi everyone! Long time no post.

My tiny contribution to the moving conspiracies:

This is a screenshot from Dan's Emo video, which, according to what he said in yesterday's livheshow, was possibly (probably?) filmed last weekend:

The shelf above the piano looks VERY empty compared to past liveshows and the picture from the Tinder spon. It doesn't have to mean anything, they could be rearranging the books and DVDs, but
The Brechtian swapping of small objects & changing rooms continues
Maybe filming from the moon room to avoid showing moving mess?
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

moaninglisa wrote:
obscureDnPreference wrote:Now, PHIL'S MIRROR.

Did he tell us it smashed? Or am I making that up?
i don't remember that ,':\
i read recaps of phil's post-move liveshows and i couldn't find a single mention of a broken mirror.

well i did find something but these tweets are a bit old:
i'm really confused because some people have been saying that but i have no recollection of it. when did he said his mirror shattered?
the mandela effect is reel
I think you guys might be thinking about this video from late 2014
Phil didn't get a mirror back in his room till early 2016. He didn't say anything this year about breaking his mirror unless I've missed something.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
sparkle
blobfish

autumnhearth wrote:sparle what makes you think this room wasn't intended as the master bedroom?
Bear with me for this one, and take this with a large pinch of salt too because this was literally a shower thought.

Lets assume that the room going off of the moon room (with the blue light) is a living room, from an interior design standpoint that makes zero sense. In a large apartment, you'd want to have living spaces as far away from sleeping spaces as you could. If this is an area intended to be shared platonically, then it makes little to no sense that a bedroom would be a thoroughfare to a living room. Therefore, I'm going to assume that this room was maybe intended to be a reception room with a second smaller reception room coming off it. Obviously when you move in to an unfinished place you can organise furniture how you want, so which is why this is a bedroom.

This makes me think the room we saw the blue light coming from is either an en-suite bathroom, a walk-in wardrobe, or a private living room. If it IS a private living room then I'm going to state definitively that this is their shared room. Again, why would you want your bedroom to be a thoroughfare? And it makes sense that you'd want to keep entertainment and sleeping separate.

Obviously this changes if its a bathroom/wardrobe, but we are still missing an entire wall, its entirely possible that Dan has clothing stored against the wall he was facing.

I'm pretty certain we're about to get a low-key phan confrimation.

Also Dan is busy next week so isn't doing a LS - my wedding theory still kinda lives

(honestly, M15 if you're reading this, hmu)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
Vanderlyle
spork

Susanisnotafish wrote:

squishydanny wrote:Firstly:

my confusion with the shoe rack is, if we reference 2:00 in the emo vid, that is def a shoe rack too

[YouTube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTHaWDP7Dfg&t=4s [/YouTube]

also, in a place that large i cannot imagine putting a shoe rack in my actual aesthetic bedroom. i also fully believe dan is into shoes enough to need his own shoe rack.

yea, idc about where they sleep, i am just super into apartments and design/ am always looking for ideas and i love this place.