Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

iihappydaysii wrote:
albion wrote:
sunshinias wrote:So I attempted to stitch together the moon room from the different angles we were shown and it kind of worked but it's not really to proportion and it's kind of warped

hi
1. this is amazing, i cannot even fathom how much this must've taken you, i truly bow down to you.
2. just playing a bit of devil's advocate here, even though im 100% sure they're sharing that room. if they were indeed sharing it, wouldn't they need two night tables?, as you can see the big fancy mirror is right next to the bed, and the other night table is on the other side. It's weird that they have just one night table? usually they come in pairs? I'm just confused about that detail. not that is important i think, but still.
Are we sure there isn't? It seems like in the combined picture thing we don't really see the whole bed so it feels like there's a section missing. I can't remember if we ever actually see that side of the bed. I have no idea regardless of whether or not Phil is sleeping in that room why Dan Symmetry Howell would not have two nightstands. If there's really only one it leads me to believe that it may have come with the house (we've never seen it before) and they won't be staying long.
See I noticed in the ls that he never wanted to show that side of the room. Like if you watched it he would pick the camera up and then showed the floor and was sitting in front of where another nightstand might be.
Edit: I see someone has already shown the nightstands
Countllamas
phillion/danosaur <//3

Vanderlyle wrote:i've always found it really fascinating that in a fandom that is so accepting of uniqueness, lgbt communities, etc - that proving the boys sleep together is so important to proving they are together.

those dudes are huge, i can't imagine either bed in their old place was comfortably large enough for them both to sleep together regularly. also, PLENTY of dating relationships don't involve bed sharing. it's just kind of a juvenile assumption imo.

i understand that if you do think they are together, it's easiest to fulfill a paradigm of relationships that you are familiar with, but all relationships are unique
This is so important. I enjoy reading all of your theories/thoughts (it's also overwhelming/madness but that's why I came here in the first place) but it's a sore spot for me because I know quite a few couples who don't share a bed for various reasons but that doesn't mean that they are less of a couple, it's just not what people expect.
autumnhearth
senpai

tacitus wrote:De-lurking to post the creepiest thing I’ve ever done to the internet. It’s probs confusing as I had originally made these for my own use, but I figured I’d post them here just in case somebody wants them. Feel free to correct parts/leave suggestions so I can improve the drawings and make them as accurate as possible. Under a cut bc this post will get too long otherwise.
Okay. To start with, I compiled all the pictures we have of their new place and drew a crappy floorplan thing. The black lines represent everything that we 100% know exists, and the light grey lines are things that we’ve seen in reflections/are fairly certain about but we don’t know for sure.
I’ve only included their main furniture, and the rooms are floating and disconnected because we don’t currently know exactly where they are in relation to each other (except that the gaming room is somewhere to the left of the slounge). Top right-hand corner has some pictures that don’t belong anywhere yet.

(And idk if it's normal, but the images won't show in preview mode so I'm gonna leave the URL just in case)

http://imgur.com/a/xWBaQ

Then I did a random analysis on some pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/PcQdp

I also sketched my theory of their floor plan but it’s literally just scribbles rn so I’m gonna save that until we get more pics :thumb:
BSV wrote:
liola wrote:
sunshinias wrote:I don't think anyone brought this one up yet:

Did we figure out where this was? Was it the slounge?

Wait am I crazy where is this pic from?? I swear I've never seen it before?
Ah im so glad im not the only one!
I feel like that darker grey reflecty bit is one of their old dining chairs as opposed to part of a wall? Did they bring those chairs with them?
tacitus that is amazing! Bless you and your creepiness, attention to detail, space and clean lines. You got the extra corner going into the nook near Phil's mirror! There are some tiny adjustments I would make (grey line at the bottom of DINOF for the glass wall, the right wall in AP's room right against the bedside table, unless that is just space enough for the heating/cooling panel and grey lines for the probably windows in the moon room) but this is really very close to how I picture everything.

Hmm the grey dining chair is a good theory. It seems a bit long to the right and/or like he's sitting in it odd, but it could be. Do they have little dip variations near the top edge? (Goodness words are just not coming to me today). I don't have TABINOF with me and Google image search is providing me with very little.

Bless you all and especially idk who figured out or just figured that the other bedside table is out of (but slightly in) sight. Symmetry indeed.
Vanderlyle wrote:i've always found it really fascinating that in a fandom that is so accepting of uniqueness, lgbt communities, etc - that proving the boys sleep together is so important to proving they are together.

those dudes are huge, i can't imagine either bed in their old place was comfortably large enough for them both to sleep together regularly. also, PLENTY of dating relationships don't involve bed sharing. it's just kind of a juvenile assumption imo.

i understand that if you do think they are together, it's easiest to fulfill a paradigm of relationships that you are familiar with, but all relationships are unique
I understand and respect this but 2009 Dailybooth Dan keeps whispering in my ear "@phil can be pillow plz". While recognizing that people grow and need space, a chant of "cuddles and codependency" is drowning everything else out
VengefulBlue wrote:
sparkle wrote:I hope nobody has gone away for 2 days they'll have a heart attack when they see so many new posts
i was gone for over a week, i hate you all. i just spent 4 hrs catching up

living for the Moving Again theory and the Ex-Emo Discourse (here we go)
i grew up in the whitest, richest, most normie little town, and as a tiny emo child i definitely got shit. and yeah, the whole scene was super queer and that's most of why other people were so against emo culture. plus like, fairly open discussion of the fact that a lot (most?) of us were Mentally Ill Kids™, which ran counter to the parents' idea that all that was a shameful secret.

in '09 i had an older friend who got kicked out of his parents place, and other parents were okay with it?? his folks saw a picture of him kissing a boy on facebook and flipped shit, but their story was that he was getting into satanism and drugs and all this other shit, and they didn't want that around his little brother. and the other parents bought it, bc ppl thought that emos were a "creepy gay suicide cult" (actual quote from my mother).

so idk what my point actually is except, it's so important and good to hear dan talking about what emo culture was and how totally queer it was??? like guys i'm so not old but all these kids in this fandom don't even know and it's honestly hard to talk about early deppy without the context of the scene. bc even though they were like, already coming out of their emo stage, it was an important thing that was happening at the time and had a lot to do with how their early interactions were viewed at that point. and also personally, it was a big part of why i always figured they were queer in some way or another, because emo culture was like, a refuge?
but also shitty in other ways. and just,,, everything makes more sense in context.
basically it's 430am and i don't know what i'm trying to say. dan talking openly about emo culture and queerness makes me feel things??
Thank you for sharing this, it really helps me understand and appreciate the culture a bit more.

Any guesses on where Phil will hold his liveshow? Will he play it safe in front of the blank curved wall? Or will he shake it (and us) up?

And any guesses on the first gaming video game they will post (hopefully tomorrow) and/or stream this weekend? (aka what exciting thing is coming before Dream Daddy, Golf and Sims?) Hopefully Phil will give us a vague schedule. Oh I just remembered TomSka's video should be up tomorrow! Does that mean no gaming video? Phil better check that collab calendar before his ls so he doesn't get a sassy tweet from Dan.
iihappydaysii
glabella

I don't think anyone is saying that if they aren't sharing a room then they aren't together. My parents don't sleep in the same room because my dad snores like a freight train. They've been together for nearly 30 years. My husband and I do share a bed that is the size of their beds in the last apartment (and we're nearly as tall and definitely wider than dan and phil). So I disagree about the bed size argument.

It's says nothing if they aren't sharing a room, but it probably says something if they are. Honestly though, it's all just people having a bit of fun on a forum about two youtubers. I don't see any reason to spoil it. But that's just me.
twix
butt chair

iihappydaysii wrote:
This makes me wonder where the line is? Is it just based on someone actually going after the people for it? Those react channels spring to mind where basically the whole channel exists just for some random person to watch (very often it seems) Dan and Phil videos or edits. Could Dan or Phil have those taken down if they wanted? Or is that fair use in some way I don't understand. I mean FineBros have been doing something similar for ages, so maybe it is. Doubtful, but maybe others will take what happened to Marcus as a warning and back off. Do we think Marcus is going to comment on what happened?
this website from stanford university is a good starting point when it comes to questions about fair use. it lists four factorsfor determining whether use of copyrighted material falls under fair use or not. they are:
1) The Transformative Factor: the purpose and character of the use (are you building on the original work or making it into a new experience?)
2) The Nature of the Copyrighted Work (how fact-based is your work?)
3) The Amount and Substantiality of the Portion Taken (are you ripping off most of or the main point of someone's work?)
4) The Effect of the Use Upon the Potential Market (are you making money from it, or driving consumers away from the original content?)

the fine bros are ok as far as fair use goes b/c they do not incorporate the entire original video just clips of it. because the reactors provide commentary and discuss what they're watching the material is transformed (supposedly; wrt to the fine bros this is usually but not always the case imo). addiitonally, after a video is featured on the fine bros channel, there's always a spike in its views which benefits the original creator.

marcus read almost the entirety of the snokoplasm article aloud, provided very little in the way of commentary, and did not provide credit to the original author by naming her and the website and/or linking the article in the video description. if marcus has a functioning brain he won't mention it.

about factor #4: tbh i mostly watch react channels when i'm trying to figure out drama but it involves someone whom i refuse to give clicks. so
there are a lot of react videos that i don't consider fair use in the strictly legal sense. ethical sense? different story.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Lol, sassy tweet from Dan (omg, autocorrect just changed from to Dom ) I just heard possibly the origin of "sassy", something to do with Brendon Urie, watching one of Dan's earliest liveshows. He was a snarky little thing, reminds me of so many boys I knew as a kid.

Great point on bed-sharing. I wake up as soon as the other person moves, so I haven't tried for years, sleep is far too important, but maybe some people sleep better with someone else there.

I wonder if Dan may have overdone it the other day saying they'd do so many games this week. I don't suppose we should take him so literally, not that they can't film that many if they want to, but anyway it struck me as odd for him to say yeah, we'll do them all this week.
fancybum
senpai

iihappydaysii wrote:
It's says nothing if they aren't sharing a room, but it probably says something if they are. Honestly though, it's all just people having a bit of fun on a forum about two youtubers. I don't see any reason to spoil it. But that's just me.
Yeah well forums are full of people with differing opinions and perspectives so maybe a conversation a bunch of people are just having fun with, and that other people.. aren't, is actually spoiling the fun of the forum for those other people. So there's at least one hypothetical reason to spoil it in turn. But that's just me.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
iihappydaysii
glabella

fancybum wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
Yeah well forums are full of people with differing opinions and perspectives so maybe a conversation a bunch of people are just having fun with, and that other people.. aren't, is actually spoiling the fun of the forum for those other people. So there's at least one hypothetical reason to spoil it in turn. But that's just me.
Couldn't those people just skip over what they don't want to read and post about what they do? I guess if apt and room discussions are so upsetting to some, it would be best for that topic to have its own forum, I don't know.
Vanderlyle
spork

iihappydaysii wrote:
fancybum wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
Couldn't those people just skip over what they don't want to read and post about what they do? I guess if apt and room discussions are so upsetting to some, it would be best for that topic to have its own forum, I don't know.
no need for anyone to be offended - the room sharing conversations have happened for years. i have trawled through floor plans in Orlando hotels to prove they had separate beds ect, etc. i love trying to figure out their house as much as the next person. i mean - i made like 4 posts yesterday about my need to see this place lol
no one is trying to take the fun out if - but it's a point i consistently fail to see mentioned through the years. this is a place where people have fun but also try to imagine the boys complexly. it was just an observation. i'm actually pretty surprised by the negative response
autumnhearth wrote: I understand and respect this but 2009 Dailybooth Dan keeps whispering in my ear "@phil can be pillow plz". While recognizing that people grow and need space, a chant of "cuddles and codependency" is drowning everything else out
fair lol
Countllamas
phillion/danosaur <//3

iihappydaysii wrote:
fancybum wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
It's not upsetting me, I don't mind seeing it, I actually enjoy reading all the theories/opinions on here so I don't want them to stop at all. It also wasn't my intention to spoil anyone's fun, I just felt like adding to it. If I did I'm sorry, sometimes I'm not that good with words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Countllamas wrote:

This is so important. I enjoy reading all of your theories/thoughts (it's also overwhelming/madness but that's why I came here in the first place) but it's a sore spot for me because I know quite a few couples who don't share a bed for various reasons but that doesn't mean that they are less of a couple, it's just not what people expect.
I actually do think the point that separate bedrooms don't mean anything comes up a lot; it's just in the context of this conversation there's not been much room for it. Typically any time room discussion happen the format is either "something happened that shows they have two beds, and people argue whether or matters or not" with the 'it doesn't' side being dominant or "something happened that indicates they shared a bed/room and people argue over whether it matters or not" with the 'it does' side being dominant.

But I can understand and respect this being a sore spot for people. It is one of the drawbacks of a forum, not everyone will love every discussion. (The up side? It'll pass, because everything always does. For a while. And then it'll come back. But then it'll pass again! Wash, rinse, repeat.)
iihappydaysii
glabella

Vanderlyle wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
fancybum wrote:
iihappydaysii wrote:
no need for anyone to be offended - the room sharing conversations have happened for years. i have trawled through floor plans in Orlando hotels to prove they had separate beds ect, etc. i love trying to figure out their house as much as the next person. i mean - i made like 4 posts yesterday about my need to see this place lol
no one is trying to take the fun out if - but it's a point i consistently fail to see mentioned through the years. this is a place where people have fun but also try to imagine the boys complexly. it was just an observation. i'm actually pretty surprised by the negative response
I didn't mean to say that you yourself were spoiling fun with your comment. I just meant people are having the conversation because it's fun so why stop? I'm sorry I phrased it the way i did. I only meant that I feel like in general sometimes people may be taking what people are saying about the rooms and the apartments as having more meaning about the people saying them than they do. Not necessarily as much on this forum but across fandom you see quite a bit of "get a life" "who cares" etc.

And the comment about our fun spoiling other people's fun made me think that it must be pretty deeply disliked or bothersome if it could actually ruin other people's enjoyment. Didn't mean to cause a stir. Sorry again.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

autumnhearth wrote: While recognizing that people grow and need space, a chant of "cuddles and codependency" is drowning everything else out

sounds like a s3 blackadder episode title
thephandommenace
procrastinator
Pronouns: they/them

cherrybomb3 wrote:
autumnhearth wrote: While recognizing that people grow and need space, a chant of "cuddles and codependency" is drowning everything else out

sounds like a s3 blackadder episode title

'Dish and Dishonesty' would have been a better name for the forum that will not be named
lurker
janice from the shop

flarequake wrote:I wonder if Dan may have overdone it the other day saying they'd do so many games this week. I don't suppose we should take him so literally, not that they can't film that many if they want to, but anyway it struck me as odd for him to say yeah, we'll do them all this week.
i thought they'd just take the rest of the week to pre-film a bunch of stuff in order to get back on a regular schedule. filming them alone only takes as long as actually playing the game (...i suppose?) so i don't think it's unrealistic that they'd film all of the stuff he mentioned, also seeing that we probably won't get a gaming video before saturday (if phil follows the Collab Calender).
thank's you were great
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

tacitus wrote:
(And idk if it's normal, but the images won't show in preview mode so I'm gonna leave the URL just in case)
http://imgur.com/a/xWBaQ

Then I did a random analysis on some pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/PcQdp

I also sketched my theory of their floor plan but it’s literally just scribbles rn so I’m gonna save that until we get more pics :thumb:
Fixed the image links for you

Living for the current convo guys, keep it up
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Any predictions about Phil's live show today?
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Maybe this is a little bit off topic, but i was thinking about the gaming livestream, i mean, how comfortable they must be with us and their interactions to do something that goes unedited. I know that they do the liveshows but those aren't the same thing, because playing games is what they do on a regular basis in the privacy of their home and i feel like the bants that we see on the gaming chanel are nothing compared to them being really inmersed on a game.
I don't know, maybe that's just me.
manged
lady door

tacitus wrote:
BSV wrote:
liola wrote:
sunshinias wrote:I don't think anyone brought this one up yet:

Did we figure out where this was? Was it the slounge?

Wait am I crazy where is this pic from?? I swear I've never seen it before?
Ah im so glad im not the only one!
I feel like that darker grey reflecty bit is one of their old dining chairs as opposed to part of a wall? Did they bring those chairs with them?[/quote]

Aw shit, I think you're right. If you look to the far right of the pic, you can see the slight curve of the back of the chair. Also if you peek at the tiny space between Dan's arm and his side, it's orange, which I can only assume means he's sitting in the orange chair.
lurker
janice from the shop

obscureDnPreference wrote:Any predictions about Phil's live show today?
showing off the new merch for 5 minutes

in all seriousness, i hope he'll give more information about the livestreams and when to expect a new gaming video. i started watching jacksepticeye's playthrough of dream daddy and it actually seems like a really cool game (i had only seen some artwork before and was mostly confused as to what the "tone" of the game would be like) and now i'm really looking forward to dip and dot playing it. there's also no voice acting in the game, so they'll have to come up with voices for each character again, which should be fun. i liked their voice acting in undertale (apart from toriel's goose voice, but i suppose/hope they've learnt from this mistake ). i'm not sure about the gaming livestreams yet since i never watch anyone else's, so i have no idea whether i'll be interested or not. also curious whether they'll upload them on dnpgames as well? would be nice but maybe they don't want to clog the channel.
thank's you were great
phanieldann
tol bean

I'm going to lose my shit, after all this theorising about the floors in the deppy apartment, phil goes and posts something flOOR related on twitter

this year has been so wild

(i'm not saying its anything related to the theories, it just feels like a big, 'hahaha we see your theorising ahahhaa')
sunshinias
spork

phanieldann wrote:I'm going to lose my shit, after all this theorising about the floors in the deppy apartment, phil goes and posts something flOOR related on twitter

(i'm not saying its anything related to the theories, it just feels like a big, 'hahaha we see your theorising ahahhaa')
Tweet in question: I doubt it has anything to do with our theories, but it's fun to think about.
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
iihappydaysii
glabella

phanieldann wrote:I'm going to lose my shit, after all this theorising about the floors in the deppy apartment, phil goes and posts something flOOR related on twitter

If anything, i think he might be wearing the shoes we said were in Dan's room yesterday, but he lighting makes it hard to tell.
phanieldann
tol bean

iihappydaysii wrote:

If anything, i think he might be wearing the shoes we said were in Dan's room yesterday, but he lighting makes it hard to tell.
Yeah I thought so too, wayyy to dark to definitively tell. I don't for a second think the floor is anything to do with their apartment, but its like they know we all all hyped up and theories about floors currently.
leaveimreading
drama llama

iihappydaysii wrote:

I don't know enough about photoshop to even try to help out, but maybe someone else here can shed some light (literally)