Dan & Phil Part 51: Master of Erotic Massages

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sunshinias
spork
Pronouns: she/her

dif wrote:
sunshinias wrote:
998274 wrote:Now the only thing that's bothering me is why cut off the feet in both pictures???
New theory: Phil actually wears matching socks and only pretends that he is a quirky bean with different socks for views.

I'm sorry, it's three am and I'll show myself out :gg:
You can kind of see the top of the left sock in the second picture, but I can tell if it's the same sock or not.

Is there another instance of this sock anywhere?
hi, the closest thing i could find is

that might very well not be the exact design...but if it is then the top bits of his socks don't match as the left one seems yellow, idk though also, it's 5 am and i don't have a life

anyways, that's my important contribution, duh. love that everyone is so chill about room sharing stuff, btw
I found this, which looks closer to it
But it could possibly come with a yellow top so

Edit: My first top of the page and it's about socks :facepalm:
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

It's been a busy day here, holy shit.
I don't even know where to begin but that liveshow was something. Not that it's something I personally have been skeptical about but please tell me what straight teen boy wants to join any kind of music or fashion scene because it's queerer, just sayin'.
Anyway, he was in such a good mood and it was contagious, which was nice because today has otherwise been pretty garbo. I got nothing to contribute to the intense sleuthing going on but it's a trip to read, you all are more entertaining than Netflix.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

[offtopic]
dif wrote:also, it's 5 am and i don't have a life
time zone buddies ! tbh not sure if i've ever randomly seen anyone from EEST/MSK on the internet before, how's it going neighbour?[/offtopic]

EDIT: i never thought we could get on the phil's sock analysis level, on the main thread, after
a af cardboard discussion ending on the conclusion that they sleep in the same room. is it the boredom or summer temperatures that make people extra conspiracy-y (that's a word now) btw i fricking love it
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Wow idb has genuinely been so much fun to read over the past few days, thank you for brightening my days!! Uni started back this week and it's been so nice to have so many pages of lighthearted sleuthing and conspiracy theories to catch up on, I'm living for it truly

Dan's liveshow was my favourite he's done since the May 2nd liveshow. He was super chirpy and seemed to be having a nice time, and I enjoyed most of the things he talked about. I was wary of the emo discussion at first but I actually ended up finding it really interesting, especially the way he connected it to expressions of sexuality and gender as that's also how I remember the emo scene back in the day. It was also nice to hear him so comfortably chat about that, not that I should be surprised in the glory days that are 2017.

Thought it was interesting that he switched up his reasoning for Phil using the upstairs computer, first saying he was editing a gaming video and then saying he was figuring out how to stream. Those are two very different things, suspicious...

I was also surprised that Dan chose to do the liveshow from his room, and I'm not buying his excuse that he doesn't want to share it in detail due to it not being aesthetically pleasing enough/not having enough houseplants. I'm pretty convinced that that room is both of theirs, and that that plus a desire for relative privacy is the main reason behind Dan not sharing a lot of the room. Having said that, the nosy part of me is really curious about the blue light coming from a room off Dan's bedroom - what is through there?? Mysterious..

Super excited re: Dan's unironic candle haul (come on Dan pull through and actually do it) and future gaming streaming!!!!! Plus upcoming golf, Dream Daddy, possibly more Crash Bandicoot and a renovation sims vid. dapg is my favourite Dan and Phil content so I'm really looking forward to it getting some attention again.

Also re: the centipede - that is 1000% floorboards. What sort of cardboard has those indents/marks?? Cardboard is usually just flat brown, and whatever that centipede is on has scuff marks in the grain that is common for wooden floorboards. My aunt had the exact same ones in her old house and that's exactly what they looked like, I really can't see it as cardboard no matter how many times I try.

Also also, Dan has good cucumber opinions, cucumbers are gross.
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

The only relevant response video to the emo vid - Social Repose
(it has a clickbait title, but its actually cute and funny and not hating at all)
Phantasy
woodland creature

It didn't look like Dan had a desk in his room anymore, so my only question is... WHERES THE BUTT CHAIR??
sunshinias
spork

Phantasy wrote:It didn't look like Dan had a desk in his room anymore, so my only question is... WHERES THE BUTT CHAIR??
In his video background room, I think?

From "My Bahamas TRAVEL DISASTER" @ 0:06
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
Phantasy
woodland creature

:facepalm:
sunshinias wrote:
Phantasy wrote:It didn't look like Dan had a desk in his room anymore, so my only question is... WHERES THE BUTT CHAIR??
In his video background room, I think?

From "My Bahamas TRAVEL DISASTER" @ 0:06
:facepalm: Ah, good call... so many rooms!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

So there's a tv outside "Dan's" room right? We've established that? So would the lounge with the sofa crease, marvel and muse posters be outside of his room?
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
autumnhearth
senpai

Ah, there's the thing he doesn't like on the wall ^^

Finally watched the ls. The indepth rant on emo culture was pretty educational for me, it seems I missed it by just a couple years. The mentions of sexuality, mental health, sensitivity, vulnerability and the use of the word "queerer" (which yeah he's broadly definined before) and "probably super gay" were just, wow. (And on the anniversary of "wtf even is your sexuality?") I feel like he also gave a clearer glimpse of young teen Dan's emotional state with the dying his fringe over the summer and no one caring, it turning ginger and being bullied, (mine turned murky green after attempting black over colorful manic panic hues that I had to bleach my hair to achieve and then shave it to get back to its natural auburn, but I wasn't terribly bullied because some people assumed I had a terminal illness) being constantly rejected and the albums he can't listen to anymore because of the emotional baggage they carry (very relatable). Damn. Also the way Dan described "scene" aesthetics (and from a little bit of reading after) sounded like Phil's wardrobe up until pretty recently.

The "stuck" in the lift story was much better told as a story than the bits on Twitter. It had me smiling rather than rolling my eyes. (Funny that my nightmare scenario is being stuck in an elevator with D&P, at least now I know Dan would be freaking out.)

Looking forward to everything he mentioned. Exciting new gaming, Dream Daddy, Golf, Sims, candle vlogging, yes please and thank you. Sounded like maybe maybe they filmed something else as well, perhaps a collab on Phil's channel? There was just a hint of I'm not saying there.

You know what, for right now I'm going to take Dan's advice and stop trying to make sense of their apartment layout. I don't understand the levels, the ls threw them all off and I'm not going to automatically assume he's lying. I need to go to sleep. Will probably be back to theorizing tomorrow. Thanks so much for the timestamps fancybum and alittledizzy
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:21:53 - Starts to show the 'other mirror' and then stops, refers to it as 'my plastic mirror.'
37:48 - Shows the moon chair; pans over to the mirror and shows a scarf on the plastic mirror.
He really liked bringing attention to Phil's mirror, huh.
rhubarb
not a first-time poster

Casually offering my two cents on the centipede situation before retreating back to my lurker cave...
Surely if that was in fact the floor, wouldn't there be a skirting board??? Itblooks so strange without one to me. The fact there is none makes it look like a bit of cardboard maybe with cellotape on the far side.
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Im so happy Dan mentioned Nu Rave in the LS! Id almost forgot about it as seemed to fizzle out very quickly (Anyone else remember Klaxons?). It hit just as I was starting my uni degree and being in London at that time was awesome (quite cringe looking back, as with most things!) one of my lecturers actually launched his own Nu Rave magazine called 'Super Super' and he used to wear black rimmed glasses without any lens....good times
Sorry no one asked for my life story
dif
smol bean

speaking of the layout, i don't think this insta story has been brought up at the time:

Bryony posted it on 3.07 when they went on a double date to see Baby Driver. unfortunately, i didn't take a screenshot then and all i've been able to find is this slightly cut version. there was more of the stairs shown. anyway, you can see that they go up and down from that area

[offtopic]
anime_is_not_cool wrote:time zone buddies ! tbh not sure if i've ever randomly seen anyone from EEST/MSK on the internet before, how's it going neighbour?
hey, you we are all lurking, i guess. i just love reading all the posts and feel too anxious to post myself, even if i have smth of substance, most of the time, so yeah, today is the rare occasion i crawled out of my cave[/offtopic]
hamisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

squishydanny wrote:Firstly:

hopefully that works b/c i just needed the picture! Not sure what is to the left but have we seen the painting on the right? Is it two arms/hands holding each other? is this something that was in their old apartment or a reference that I'm not remembering?

i didn't recognize it and thought it stood out compared to the other things in the room
human
dan hand trash

Just spent ages reading back and so confused by the wooden floor cardboard debate. Because... it's clearly a wooden floor? Lol. Cardboard isn't shiny and has a different texture completely. Really baffled by the confusion over that one, tinhats lol.

Also bemused that Dan has a small face towel hanging in his room. I'm only familiar with people having one of those hanging in the bedroom and not the bathroom as a post-sex clean up tool hahahaha. Oops.
Viofish
glabella

http://pseudophan.tumblr.com/post/16343 ... bedroom-as so this is interesting.......when I saw it, I thought it was relevant to the discussion
If u don't want to click the link??
"Anonymous: phil took his mattress from his old bedroom (as seen during the end of the moving out video). dan did not take his. the bed that was left in "phil's new bedroom" is, according to phil, smaller than his old his bed. therefore his old mattress would not fit on it. i'm guessing his old mattress (which is actually pretty new, i remember him tweeting about buying it a year or so ago) is on the bed in the moon room..."

Pseudophan: i am thoroughly impressed by this ask i don’t even notice when they get a haircut
"when you finna nut but no one wants to help with your kink"
actualsoulmates
dank meme

hamisnotonfire wrote:

hopefully that works b/c i just needed the picture! Not sure what is to the left but have we seen the painting on the right? Is it two arms/hands holding each other? is this something that was in their old apartment or a reference that I'm not remembering?

i didn't recognize it and thought it stood out compared to the other things in the room
Hello! This is only like my 2nd post because I'm just a pretty heavy lurker but the painting is a Wirrow painting!
:prideheart2: once in twenty lifetimes :biheart:
zessei
smol bean

Hi all, long time lurker new time poster :D

felixliguori beat me to it - the wirrow art is seen in the apartment tour at 3:52

And autumnhearth I thought the thing on the top left of the shoe rack looked like dan's stripey jumper folded up

I love all these conspiracy theories there has never been a better time to be alive
opendoor
rainbow nerd

For the great centipede debate- put me down as another person who cannot see it as cardboard, even when I try. Hardwood often has grooves like that and different boards vary in shade, so it's not cardboard and floor, just floor.

I liked the liveshow from Dan, he was cheerful. I was so... shook (hates self) that he decided to do it from the bedroom. I liked his little emo-rant, OK there was nothing little about it, but I liked it. Him explicitly linking being emo and being queer was awesome.

I definitely agree they're moving again soon and that's why they've relaxed about showing us the flat. But they really aren't going to make our stalking easy for us and tell us the lay-out, hey. Also I can't believe he still doesn't open his curtains, that makes me want to cry. I'd go mad without natural light. Though his blinds might be kind of sheer and let some light in?
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
rainbow-chaido
tol bean

Hellooo, I've been lurking around here, never really posting, BUT! My two cents... I haven't really given much thought to them moving again because I mostly use tumblr and there's almost no talk about that there. However one more thought, when Dan says "Are we gonna get evicted... Goodbye confusing apartment." (or something along these lines) he is NOT looking at the chat, so that leads me to believe he wanted to mention it in this exact way.

It's around 48:10 in the liveshow.

*inspirational and slightly appropriate quote I haven't found yet*

sparkle
blobfish

I was going to make a joke about it being a giant condom but the more I look at it the more confused I am.

Damn Danny why do you not live stream in 4k??

Also I don't think Dans room was intended to be a bedroom
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
opendoor
rainbow nerd

If we think the black shoes with the white soles may be Phil's (thanks Speedygonz33) then could Dan have dumped his jumper on the top shelf to hide more of Phil's shoes?
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Sorry this might be long I have a lot of opinions today haha.
flarequake wrote: I'm not entirely sure how far you guys are serious on these tinfoil theories. Purposely showing the bedroom for reasons? Hmm. Interesting. Dan said Phil needed the PC because he was working out game streaming as Macs are useless for games, which in my limited experience is sadly true even when the Mac has the hardware capability. The Sims 4 crashed and Guild Wars 2 juddered around. To that end, I now don't get why Dan couldn't use his usual nook with his iMac cos the PC is in the gaming room.

Had a cute surprise notification of a note from Dan on my YouNow profile, not bad after one from Phil, clementine-themed, the other week and then a goodbye last time. It said something like "thanks for spending an hour in my dank den now go have a drink". I'm curious how those work, are they totally random or what, who knows.
Glad you liked my little edit, i can totally imagine the neighbours hating on them especially if Dan is loud all day every day.

I am 100% serious about the theories. Dan didn't have to do a liveshow in the bedroom, they have multiple other places beside the gaming room - the slounge, the actual lounge, phil's room, the room he does dinof videos in, the little nook he usually does it in.
Phil may have needed to work on the gaming PC but they actually seem to have 2 gaming computers now. The one in the photo of Phil soundproofing (which is the one I assume he was talking about in the liveshow) and the one Dan plays GW on. I don't believe that he carries the clickety-clacky keyboard up and down so why not just sit in the usual space? He could have used the MacBook in the nook or in the slounge where they did the joint liveshow if there was an issue with the PC but he wanted to show us the room and things in it. He knows how much the phandom coughuscough analyse everything. He knows we would see Phil's mirror in there and the shoes on the rack that look very much like Phil's grey Vans.

Some other things that caught my attention in the liveshow after thinking about it:
Why would he even need to keep the curtains closed, they're on the 7th floor according to him, so higher than before (although I am skeptical about this as he stumbled a little when saying he pressed floor 7). It's not like people would be able to see in unless they're overlooked by other tall buildings but it sounded like they were on a busy road again as so many sirens. He could have easily opened half the blind or half the curtain to let some light in, or bought one of their gaming lights in. Maybe he wanted to keep it dark so it was harder to see certain things. I just found that so strange.

He kept going on about there being no houseplants in the bedroom, but he didn't have any in his old room so didn't understand the relevance of it.

Oh also, the notifications from younow seem to be for anyone who sends a message that he reads or a tip etc. You know you can do that free spin on the app, if you do that then a message is generally left. Think it's to encourage people to try and do it more. Extra £££ innit.
apathy wrote: You can see the blue source directly a bit when he pans to the rug, it looks like it's in a separate (dark) room. Every frame is blurry except when he stops on the rug, and then you can barely see it in the corner.
ImageImage
I don't think that's a tv I think it's an en-suite bathroom and what you can see as the blue is in fact the window with the blind over it. At the time he does the liveshow it would be light enough outside to be that colour.
On the left though, in the main room, is that another big blind. Maybe the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows?! Couldn't work out if it was blinds or wardrobe.

Yes I also wanted to know what this is too! It seems very weird. Also, what is that hideous pattern thing next to it? Is it a large poster or piece of material. I don't understand.

Also floor vs cardboard:
100% floor.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Maybe it’s just me but I think Dan’s room looks a lot more unfinished and raw than Phil’s room, like it’s not quite done yet whereas Phil’s room looked pristine (at least the part he uses for filming) from the very beginning which kind of makes me wonder if y’all were right about it being a set after all. The reason I’m reluctant to believe it is mostly because I see no reason for deppy to go there but the arguments are strong. Unless of course Dan doesn’t care as much since it was just a liveshow after all and didn’t bother to make it look nice. (I also don’t think the moon room looks that big? Idk, it looks about the size of his old room actually.) I’m on the fence about everything regarding these two lately and I think that’s exactly how they want it.

I don’t think they’ll be moving anytime soon again though (not that I was ever right about anything concerning deppy, lol), they just got there. The soundproofing isn’t a permanent solution, like someone said, but consider that most landlords won’t let you alter the apartment permanently. Everything you change must be changed back when you move out so installing permanent soundproofing is probably just not a possibility at the moment.

Also thanks for cardboard discourse, sock discourse and that “worst neighbours” picture, you guys really made a terrible morning much better.