Dan & Phil Part 52: And They Were Roommates

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
annabanana
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

confusedpanda wrote:
Afunnyworld wrote:I'm not sure if I missed it, but it seems as though neither Dan or Phil retweeted or even liked the announcement of the youtube take off event. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of fans missed the announcement? Is it possible that they will announce it in the liveshow on Thursday and release more tickets at that time, like maybe they just had to prove that there would be a minimum audience of something idk. (but for those who wanted to get the tickets and couldn't, don't be too hopeful unless you want your spirit crushed and your life to fall apart)
This happened before back in 2015 when they did a small book signing tour in the USA, the bookstores put up the notice before dan and Phil could even tweet about it and so the phandom found out from updatedphan and the tickets sold out instantly. Basically, the bookstores announced it without telling deppy when it was ok to mention it. They talked about it in a few live shows back then.
As for what happened now, they'll most likely mention that in the live show tomorrow yes, but personally I don't think anymore tickets will come out, unless seats open up due to tickets being returned or whatever. And it's the events fault for not letting deppy know a head of time they could announce it.
But wasn't it their agency, FlipSide, that put out the announcement? You would think that if dnp wanted to announce it first they could have since I assume they work quite closely with their managers. Not sure why it did only come from FlipSide and not them directly, but as you said we can hope for some clarification in the liveshow!
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

annabanana wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
Afunnyworld wrote:I'm not sure if I missed it, but it seems as though neither Dan or Phil retweeted or even liked the announcement of the youtube take off event. Wouldn't that mean that a lot of fans missed the announcement? Is it possible that they will announce it in the liveshow on Thursday and release more tickets at that time, like maybe they just had to prove that there would be a minimum audience of something idk. (but for those who wanted to get the tickets and couldn't, don't be too hopeful unless you want your spirit crushed and your life to fall apart)
This happened before back in 2015 when they did a small book signing tour in the USA, the bookstores put up the notice before dan and Phil could even tweet about it and so the phandom found out from updatedphan and the tickets sold out instantly. Basically, the bookstores announced it without telling deppy when it was ok to mention it. They talked about it in a few live shows back then.
As for what happened now, they'll most likely mention that in the live show tomorrow yes, but personally I don't think anymore tickets will come out, unless seats open up due to tickets being returned or whatever. And it's the events fault for not letting deppy know a head of time they could announce it.
But wasn't it their agency, FlipSide, that put out the announcement? You would think that if dnp wanted to announce it first they could have since I assume they work quite closely with their managers. Not sure why it did only come from FlipSide and not them directly, but as you said we can hope for some clarification in the liveshow!
It sold out almost immediately anyway, so I'm not really sure Dan and Phil officially being the ones to announce it or not really even made a difference.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

annabanana wrote:
confusedpanda wrote:
Oops! I didn't even realize while writing this that flipside was the one that announced it! :oops: my apologies for saying the event made the announcement. But i agree with dizzy, I don't think it would've made a difference with sales/selling out quick.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
fancybum
senpai

I think the only thing them tweeting it out themselves (or even retweeting) would have accomplished would have been killing the website immediately and unnecessarily delaying a large amount of people being frustrated at it selling out anyway. Just letting it be a quiet little thing seems like the less stressful choice.

I wonder if they'll spend some more time in Scotland (or sneak a trip in somewhere else..) and that's why they've maybe been doing some video stockpiling?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

[pretend this is a cute custom emoji]

last call for thread names!

[/pretend this is a cute custom emoji]
malday
emo goose

All this talk about Scotland just reminded me of the deam phil was talking about at the beginning of this year:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

malday wrote:All this talk about Scotland just reminded me of the deam phil was talking about at the beginning of this year:
i cannot wait for them to get back from scotland and in a ls phil tells us about a weird thing that happened to him in the hotel.....
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

autumnhearth wrote:
sunnyskies wrote:If anything I would of thought new dinof today then joint liveshow tomorrow followed by gaming friday or saturday. Considering dan said he either finished or was working on a new vid and that it would be coming out soon a week ago I would have thought we have seen it by now.
I just rewatched his last ls last night and he said that he *should* make a new one, to replace the Tinder spon. He might have already had ideas, but he definitely didn't imply that it was being filmed or finished. ;)
alittledizzy wrote:Possibly relating to how Dan has tweeted less this month - I'm really curious as to how much they prefilmed in late July. rizzo and albion have already suffered through me rambling about this, but I think everything we've seen so far in August (aside from Phil's ebay boxes video, which was filmed right before his liveshow) was actually from the last week in July.

They've been posting one gaming video every 5-6 days so far this month, and there are sixteen days left in the month - at this rate they would only need three (maybe four) videos to finish out August and we can be pretty sure they have two of those waiting, since Dan indicated they'd do a golf video and we know they have at least one more Dream Daddy filmed already. Dan has a dinof video he said he'd post by the end of this week, but besides that all they've really done so far in August is one liveshow each and Phil's one video.
I've had a similar suspicion, but then I worried that I was being paranoid... :?
I feel a bit better knowing that others share my distrust... Maybe.

[offtopic]Does anyone else find themselves getting irrationally upset about them? (Either sad or mad). Stop watching old YouNow's Autumn. Rationally I know they are entertainers with their own lives and are completely at liberty to tell whatever lies they need to protect their privacy/projects and that they don't owe us anything. But I think my mood is being too affected and perhaps I need to step away for a bit... or remember "all bants no angst"... or just watch Gamingmas videos, as that seemed to help last night. I dunno.[/offtopic]
I defo relate to them affecting my emotions way too much. I'm in too deep. I have emotions about how Scotland was announced and their treatment of it. I have emotions about Dan's last minute cancellations. Phan fics have helped me escape the reality of not being in control of them.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
scientia
phabergé

autumnhearth wrote:[offtopic]Does anyone else find themselves getting irrationally upset about them? (Either sad or mad). Stop watching old YouNow's Autumn. Rationally I know they are entertainers with their own lives and are completely at liberty to tell whatever lies they need to protect their privacy/projects and that they don't owe us anything. But I think my mood is being too affected and perhaps I need to step away for a bit... or remember "all bants no angst"... or just watch Gamingmas videos, as that seemed to help last night. I dunno.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]Oh lord I am the same way! If there's even the slightest hint of unreasonable criticism towards one or both of them I get emotional about it; if I read about people seeing tension between them I get anxious. For me it's worse with a certain kpop fandom - my whole day can be ruined by idiotic things on twitter. Like you said, I think stepping away for a bit is a good idea :D[/offtopic]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Susanisnotafish wrote:
autumnhearth wrote:[offtopic]Does anyone else find themselves getting irrationally upset about them? (Either sad or mad). Stop watching old YouNow's Autumn. Rationally I know they are entertainers with their own lives and are completely at liberty to tell whatever lies they need to protect their privacy/projects and that they don't owe us anything. But I think my mood is being too affected and perhaps I need to step away for a bit... or remember "all bants no angst"... or just watch Gamingmas videos, as that seemed to help last night. I dunno.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]I defo relate to them affecting my emotions way too much. I'm in too deep. I have emotions about how Scotland was announced and their treatment of it. I have emotions about Dan's last minute cancellations. Phan fics have helped me escape the reality of not being in control of them.[/offtopic]
[offtopic]I, too, felt like I was getting in too deep especially sometime in July. For me it was definitely an escapism thing, as I was feeling depressed and needed something happy to ground me. However, there came a point when this wasn't comforting anymore because I was starting to get too easily upset by both D&P themselves and the Phandom. The combination of my being busy IRL in August and the current lull in D&P's activity compared to the past few months has worked well in my favour, though, and I've been able to step back a bit. I definitely haven't stopped caring, but I feel lighter now that I'm not being overly invested.[/offtopic]
ijustwantdeath
squish

this has nothing to do with dnp but is anyone gonna bring up charlottesville? I've been feeling bad about this and usually turn to dnp or the phandom in general for something uplifting but their recent content drought isn't helping :/
fun fun fun
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

[offtopic]
ijustwantdeath wrote:this has nothing to do with dnp but is anyone gonna bring up charlottesville? I've been feeling bad about this and usually turn to dnp or the phandom in general for something uplifting but their recent content drought isn't helping :/
It's such an awful and terrifying thing to happen, and it's so infuriating that Trump refuses to acknowledge that the alt-right are white supremacists/Nazis who are 100% in the wrong. If anyone is still in denial that Trump himself is a white supremacist they are truly deluding themselves in my opinion - his conscious decision to hire people like Steve Bannon, as well as his fostering of a climate of violent racism throughout his campaign and his refusal to fully denounce the alt-right (as well as his history of racism spanning decades) make it pretty clear to me that he fully believes all of this, and he's not just faking it to gain support as has been suggested by some (although, that would be just as bad as far as I'm concerned). Lots of love and support to anyone who may have been in Charlottesville, and also to everyone from the communities of marginalised people that these awful groups target <3

(Regarding their lack of content though, I would argue that this isn't a dnp content drought - they uploaded a gaming vid 2 days ago and Phil uploaded a main channel vid 4 days ago. I hope you find something nice to distract you regardless though, dnp really are great for escapism aren't they?)[/offtopic]
ijustwantdeath
squish

[offtopic]
It's such an awful and terrifying thing to happen, and it's so infuriating that Trump refuses to acknowledge that the alt-right are white supremacists/Nazis who are 100% in the wrong. If anyone is still in denial that Trump himself is a white supremacist they are truly deluding themselves in my opinion - his conscious decision to hire people like Steve Bannon, as well as his fostering of a climate of violent racism throughout his campaign and his refusal to fully denounce the alt-right (as well as his history of racism spanning decades) make it pretty clear to me that he fully believes all of this, and he's not just faking it to gain support as has been suggested by some (although, that would be just as bad as far as I'm concerned). Lots of love and support to anyone who may have been in Charlottesville, and also to everyone from the communities of marginalised people that these awful groups target <3

(Regarding their lack of content though, I would argue that this isn't a dnp content drought - they uploaded a gaming vid 2 days ago and Phil uploaded a main channel vid 4 days ago. I hope you find something nice to distract you regardless though, dnp really are great for escapism aren't they?)
As a poc i've been feeling quite hopeless the last couple of days (charlottesville among many other things) and i was really praying that dan would do his liveshow proving an hour worth of content to help take my mind off things but that didn't happen and maybe that's why i felt there was a "drought". but thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write this out <3 it made me feel heard and validated :-)[/offtopic]
fun fun fun
fancybum
senpai

How about some joint liveshow predictions?

I'll start with:
-they'll talk more about the live gaming (maybe even give a date of when they'll start.. lol no that's too much)
-Phil will do a terrible Scottish accent
-they'll insult Canada when talking about geoguessr

Just trying to manage expectations :D
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: