Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:28 pm
howadorableright wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:57 pm Sorry for the triple post, but Dan seems to want to make this known today...
Was this like some kind of revelation while he was with his family yesterday? I mean, probably not as he seems very chill.
my friend suggested that maybe he reason he brought it up twice today is because phil is pregnant and they fought about getting married or not first :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
This is the only rumor that matters right now.
The plot thickens. Louise's partner is the real father of Phil's baby, and Dan wanted to get married to Phil before the truth came out. :illuminati:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

malday wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:03 am
human wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am
sorryimnotclever wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am "Time to dip!!" :garbage:
Lol it was pretty interesting where they each took the joke; Phil (imo) insinuated HE was the one who was pregnant, Dan seemed to assume (imo) that meant it would be his and Louise said the joke was which of the boys had really fathered her baby. Idk, I didn't feel like Deppy were on the same page as Louise at all tbqh haha. Delightful.
To me it also sounded like Louise meant which one of them would be considered the "father" of Phil's baby's, but caught herself and quickly corrected the joke. It was so awkward and funny! And they all looked great.
It sounded to me like she meant who was the father of her own child, since she phrased it as "which one of you is the father" and I don't think Phil could father his own child
malday
emo goose

alch wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:54 am
Lol it was pretty interesting where they each took the joke; Phil (imo) insinuated HE was the one who was pregnant, Dan seemed to assume (imo) that meant it would be his and Louise said the joke was which of the boys had really fathered her baby. Idk, I didn't feel like Deppy were on the same page as Louise at all tbqh haha. Delightful.
To me it also sounded like Louise meant which one of them would be considered the "father" of Phil's baby's, but caught herself and quickly corrected the joke. It was so awkward and funny! And they all looked great.
It sounded to me like she meant who was the father of her own child, since she phrased it as "which one of you is the father" and I don't think Phil could father his own child
Why you gotta crush his dreams like that?
liola
rankussy

malday wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:37 pm
We all know the father of Phil's baby is Captain America, as showed by his psychology test, but Cap got tired of waiting for the DnP branding to die and started posting all the dog videos on twitter to show Phil what he's missing on while he keeps up the pretence of this forever home with Dan.

Dan is obviously practicing the post birth massage so he can give it to Phil, everything clicks! :spy: :illuminati:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:13 am
Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:37 am People in need to stop taking what other YouTubers might spill about Depz as gospel in general. Most of them most likely know as much as we do.
This is definitely one of those posts that is fully enhanced by your avatar.
The year ain't over yet but I'm convinced switching to this avatar has been the best decision I've made in 2017. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alch
ar·tic·u·late

liola wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm
We all know the father of Phil's baby is Captain America, as showed by his psychology test, but Cap got tired of waiting for the DnP branding to die and started posting all the dog videos on twitter to show Phil what he's missing on while he keeps up the pretence of this forever home with Dan.

Dan is obviously practicing the post birth massage so he can give it to Phil, everything clicks! :spy: :illuminati:
I thought their relationship was solid as metal, but I guess Phil just kept Cap waiting for too long. Sad really, to see it come to an end.

Also, maybe we shouldn't rule out the option that Phil has asexually reproduced
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Are there actually still people out there who take anything Chris says seriously? I love him and his weirdness but it’s so clear that he’s a total cynic and basically always joking.
LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:27 am[Offtopic]Good morning Germany, please go and make good choices in the election today :love1: Having a re-branded Nazi party be the third biggest party in the country is a scary thought, and I hope that it's not the outcome of today.[/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]This! I really hope IDB's German members have already voted or are still planning to. The AfD is a scary party and every vote counts to keep them out of parliament![/Offtopic]
sparkle
blobfish

alch wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 pm
liola wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm

I thought their relationship was solid as metal, but I guess Phil just kept Cap waiting for too long. Sad really, to see it come to an end.

Also, maybe we shouldn't rule out the option that Phil has asexually reproduced
(I'm crying laughing at the idea of Phil asexually reproducing)

Or maybe the reason we've not seen loads of the new apartment is because Phil has become bored and has invested his money into perfecting human cloning, and therefore is about to become the father of his clone :tinfoil:

[offtopic] Also this discussion is reminding me of a really bad m-preg My Chem fanfic a group of my friends discovered in 2010 and we read over MSN. 'everyone knows that splitting of the condom leads to formation of the uterus' is a phrase that has been permanatenly branded into my brain :help: [/offtopic]
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I didn't know just how much I needed that blip in Louise's vlog until today. I just love them in such a casual environment!! All 3 of them were just glowing that whole time and the moment on the couch may have actually made me swoon, give or take a massage reference. :lol:
mermaid blood wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:48 am edit: oh lol, second watch through and i didn't hear dan say 'we're here to show how ignorant we are about female biology'. fantastic four all have girlfriends now, eh? ;)
THIS. BIT. Says a lot doesn't it?

I mean, you'd think after Janice gave birth, Phil would know a bit more. How ignorant tbh.
papierklemmen
flower crown

mermaid blood wrote: edit: oh lol, second watch through and i didn't hear dan say 'we're here to show how ignorant we are about female biology'. fantastic four all have girlfriends now, eh? ;)
lol it's not like straight men know anything about female biology either. i mean, i wish they did but...
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

papierklemmen wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:42 pm
mermaid blood wrote: edit: oh lol, second watch through and i didn't hear dan say 'we're here to show how ignorant we are about female biology'. fantastic four all have girlfriends now, eh? ;)
lol it's not like straight men know anything about female biology either. i mean, i wish they did but...
Yeah. Most men know shit about female biology, no matter how many women they've dated. Also we know that Dan has had girlfriends before, pretty sure it doesn't make a difference sadly.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I support Phil and his desire to asexually reproduce. I can't wait for Dan's Things Not to Do in Lamaze Class When You Go With Your Bro. (On the topic of female biology though, yeah Dan had girlfriends but... ages barely-18 and below so I wouldn't expect a lot of knowledge about biology there. If he had a serious girlfriend at all as an adult I'd expect a bit less willingness to admit his own ignorance.)

Can I also note, Dan and Phil would be the worst people to be friends with. They see Louise maybe 2-3 times a year, and still they put a time limit on hanging out with her so that they could go do something alone together (see the movie) at a specific time they seemed unwilling to budge from.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

Katka wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:48 pm
Yeah. Most men know shit about female biology, no matter how many women they've dated. Also we know that Dan has had girlfriends before, pretty sure it doesn't make a difference sadly.
#notallmen amirite
papierklemmen
flower crown

i still facepalm when i think of his remark in caspar's video that to have 5 kids "it has to be amazing sex, to get that far up" :sideeye:
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:55 pm I support Phil and his desire to asexually reproduce. I can't wait for Dan's Things Not to Do in Lamaze Class When You Go With Your Bro.
I'm glad we're all on the same page
back back back back again
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i am here hello

i loved the phan prix and i am salty bc i do not have a switch and cant play with them on mario kart sighs. ah well. we still got some amazing content and bants out of that i am screaming bc i love that livestream so much. that drawing adzie made had me howling with laughter hahaha also they just seemed in a good mood (ironically since dan was screaming almost the whole time sorta lol) but.. also that clip from louise's vlog, i laughed so hard bc dip and dot and the jokes and like.. the fact they wouldn't budge from their movie date (shh i think its a date) is oddly..adorable to me

this post was all over the place i apologize also the jokes about the mpreg i am screaming :rofl:
:transheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:55 pmCan I also note, Dan and Phil would be the worst people to be friends with. They see Louise maybe 2-3 times a year, and still they put a time limit on hanging out with her so that they could go do something alone together (see the movie) at a specific time they seemed unwilling to budge from.
And that's just Louise! Imagine how their girlfriends must feel.
onetruetrash
blobfish

Flashbacks to when Dan said "what's so bad about periods?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:55 pm
Can I also note, Dan and Phil would be the worst people to be friends with. They see Louise maybe 2-3 times a year, and still they put a time limit on hanging out with her so that they could go do something alone together (see the movie) at a specific time they seemed unwilling to budge from.
Isn't it true that in the UK you need to buy tickets for a movie, at least to get good seats? It's becoming true here in the US too. :sideeye: So they could have already bought the tickets before Louise showed up. It also strikes me that they must have been up bright-and-early-ish to make a video and have lunch before a 2:30 movie. I've no doubt they keep adult hours, but I think staying-up-and-sleeping-in is part of the implication of their never-go-outside branding.

Anyway, I loved seeing them with Louise. It's a breath of fresh air whenever they interact with someone else: they're not just bouncing off each other, so we see slightly different angles of who they are (separately and together) when they are bouncing off someone else as well. I didn't think they were acting at all weird/nervous--don't you think Dan naturally brings that goofy energy to interactions with friends?

I was also thinking that followers of Louise's vlog who don't know/care about Deppy must think they are a couple. I know all of us here have zero perspective, but surely when you see those two, clearly in their own very nice home, hosting and banting with Louise like that, how can you not think they are together? Unless your worldview is 100% heteronormative.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sparkle
blobfish

LeftHandedism wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:14 pm
Isn't it true that in the UK you need to buy tickets for a movie, at least to get good seats? It's becoming true here in the US too. :sideeye: So they could have already bought the tickets before Louise showed up. It also strikes me that they must have been up bright-and-early-ish to make a video and have lunch before a 2:30 movie. I've no doubt they keep adult hours, but I think staying-up-and-sleeping-in is part of the implication of their never-go-outside branding.
Not necessarily. The only cinema I can think of where you need to book seats is Vue (and in my experienc IMAX) and even then unless you're going to a premiere or over the opening weekend theres no real need to, you can just turn up. Unless you mean getting the extra fancy leather seats or going somewhere like this (moment of silence for the Gallery in Manchester, I miss you) I think it makes more sense that they try and go during the day on a weekday because they're more likely to be undisturbed and private.

Unless they're going with their respective secret girlfriends before Phil has his baby
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
goldenmermaid
drama llama

sparkle wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 pm
LeftHandedism wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:14 pm
Not necessarily. The only cinema I can think of where you need to book seats is Vue (and in my experienc IMAX) and even then unless you're going to a premiere or over the opening weekend theres no real need to, you can just turn up. Unless you mean getting the extra fancy leather seats or going somewhere like this (moment of silence for the Gallery in Manchester, I miss you) I think it makes more sense that they try and go during the day on a weekday because they're more likely to be undisturbed and private.

Unless they're going with their respective secret girlfriends before Phil has his baby
Yep, no one really books tickets to the cinema unless its opening night/a really busy weekend or whatever. Theres no way you'd need to book for a showing in the middle of a weekday - like they said, the cinema was empty!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Katka wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm Are there actually still people out there who take anything Chris says seriously? I love him and his weirdness but it’s so clear that he’s a total cynic and basically always joking.
LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:27 am[Offtopic]Good morning Germany, please go and make good choices in the election today :love1: Having a re-branded Nazi party be the third biggest party in the country is a scary thought, and I hope that it's not the outcome of today.[/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]This! I really hope IDB's German members have already voted or are still planning to. The AfD is a scary party and every vote counts to keep them out of parliament![/Offtopic]
[Offtopic]I second this. I definitely voted! [/Offtopic]

Also, can't believe people are taking Chris saying they have girlfriends seriously. That's the guy who jokes about them being married and literally never says anything serious. I love him and I hate how people attack him. Some even said he was only saying this stuff bc of his mental health, like shut up, you don't know what's going on with his health. Some phandom members are so dramatic and annoying, I'm glad it's not like that here.
pulvis et umbra sumus
goldenmermaid
drama llama

Excited for the video with Louise, but where do we reckon they filmed it? Surely they wont all try to fit in Phil's room?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

goldenmermaid wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:22 pm Excited for the video with Louise, but where do we reckon they filmed it? Surely they wont all try to fit in Phil's room?
That's a good question. Maybe they all sat where Phil does his liveshows at?
twix
butt chair

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:27 am As a middle aged nose pervert, I lack the 11/10 eyesight required to analyze their shelves and groceries. :philtrash:
Does anyone recognize the books and dvd's on sight here?
Well, I tried.
1) The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
2) The New Earth, a new age self help book popularized by Oprah
3)The Daemon, another new age book
4)The Lost Barkscrolls by Paul Stewart
5)The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
6) I think the green and yellow/beige book + the two black books behind Louise's head in the screencap are books by Garth Nix but I'm not sure.
7) A whole bunch of ASOIAF books by GRR Martin
8) The Great Pyramid Decoded by Peter Lemesurier, actual conspiracy theory shit (I'm like 80% certain that's what the spine says but I can't find a cover match)
9) The Politics Book by Sam Atkinson et al; it's a reference book.
10) Buffy
11) The Wire