Dan & Phil Part 55: DOWN IT! DOWN IT! DOWN IT!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm Opinions IDB? Does your significant other talk about a forever home and adopting a corgi with their flatmate?
Not exactly what you asked, but my husband's work buddy wants my husband to move into his house so they can play video games all evening together. The ongoing joke is that he's trying to steal him from me. But said guy won't be gay with him, so no deal. :roll:

And yeah, your assement of Chris matches up to my very vague opinions of him and his humor. I might give it a listen later.

Edit: Oh dead, top of the page with *that* usually I don't mind. :oops:
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

That was such a good stream, honestly. The video quality was kinda bad in places, but there was very little actual lag or audio interruption (for me, anyway?) so I'm not complaining. I almost wish they'd done a couple more races each, but I get why they kept it shorter. The bants were good, and Phil especially seemed to be in a good mood.
Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:44 pm I love these <3 Best moment was Dan almost swearing against a subscriber and Phil telling him off. "It's not me you're talking to." :philtrash:
Right? I laughed, but it was an oddly sweet moment. Something about his tone of voice, maybe.
howadorableright
sad dimple

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm lol here we go.

Chris said 'all the fantastic foursome have girlfriends now' in his livestream, part of Twitter went into a meltdown and the other part is taking the piss.
I stopped taking anything out of Chris' mouth seriously ages ago because that's just who he is and while I like the guy he's always a bit like watching a trainwreck saying weird things. So I'm saying nah, he's bullshitting.

Opinions IDB? Does your significant other talk about a forever home and adopting a corgi with their flatmate?
I'm never sure how I feel about Chris. I loved him in Oscar's Hotel, but honestly the past few years he's seemed a little off? idk, all I know is that he probably knew he was starting shit when he said that comment and probably got a kick out of it. He has a history of unprompted phan mentions that are just to get a rise out of people. Do dep and pep still talk to him? I thought they lost touch bc of reasons, and if they don’t talk, why would he know anything about their relationships lol
back back back back again
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Not only has Chris not actually talked to them in quite a while (that DM when they were both in LA, maybe?) but it's very true that his humor is super deadpan and nothing he says is ever serious.
fancybum
senpai

howadorableright wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:18 am
I'm never sure how I feel about Chris. I loved him in Oscar's Hotel, but honestly the past few years he's seemed a little off? idk, all I know is that he probably knew he was starting shit when he said that comment and probably got a kick out of it. He has a history of unprompted phan mentions that are just to get a rise out of people. Do dep and pep still talk to him? I thought they lost touch bc of reasons, and if they don’t talk, why would he know anything about their relationships lol
It's not really unprompted when a hefty chunk of the commenters on any given platform he uses are spamming him about phan. And the spam is either the clueless 'do you ship phan I'm 12' that everybody gets, or the 'I'm not like those other commenters phan is lame and for kids pls acknowledge how above it all and on your side I am' which is equally stupid and annoying. Chris doesn't give a shit, he'll read and comment on anything and ~90% of what he says (about anything and anybody, including himself) is bullshit because that's what he's there for. To say weird shit and be entertaining (or just to say weird shit for the sake of it sometimes). If anybody wants to take his word on anything, or think that was supposed to be either an actual comment on the reality of D&P's private lives or a "lie" about same, and not the most fucking obvious third option of meaningless shit-talking as background noise while gaming, I've got a bridge to sell you. No refunds.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
onetruetrash
blobfish

Me and my mutual kinda got attacked for saying what went down. Oh well though. Twitter phannies need to chill lol
willowgarden
squish

A beautifully accurate representation of one of the conversations during the stream:
"Black list words," indeed.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Re: gaming livestream - Great as always, I'm so glad this is a thing they're doing semi-regularly now! I also thought they were particularly hilarious, I could not stop laughing when Phil starting talking about Shakira's humble breasts, and there were a couple of other times where I genuinely laughed out loud.

Regarding Dan's bastard comments, 1. same and 2. I don't think it necessarily suggests that he wasn't planned (although that may be the case, and if so i'm not casting judgments or anything, it shouldn't matter) as my parents weren't married when I was born (they still aren't, as they don't believe in marriage) yet I was planned. Still interesting that he chose to share that with us, given his tendency to keep quiet about family stuff lately.

Also find the sudden resurgence of old t-shirts interesting :illuminati:

Re: Chris - Given that in the same snippet of commentary he says that PJ is married, I have no idea why anyone would take him seriously. It seems obvious to me that he's not being serious, that's always been a huge part of his online personality - someone who is very jokey and sarcastic and is a bit of a shitstirrer. What fancybum said, basically.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

People in need to stop taking what other YouTubers might spill about Depz as gospel in general. Most of them most likely know as much as we do.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:37 am People in need to stop taking what other YouTubers might spill about Depz as gospel in general. Most of them most likely know as much as we do.
This is definitely one of those posts that is fully enhanced by your avatar.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

eee i loved that stream!

some time stamps behind the cut:
4.40 - dan won't read a fuck me daddy comment out loud.
5.05 - dan: sausage fest. phil: i think it's a bit half and half?
5.25 - mint green hair person is the most attractive. phil: what about beard guy?
5.43 - phil points out the one who looks like him is flirting with another subscriber
8.02 - brighten dat ass? phil: that would be very confusing.
8.17 - phil: i'm gonna bite someone's ass
8.27 - dan: protect your butt! you know the basic skills. [grins] [does 'stop' hand movement]
8.40 - phil moved into a house 2nd year of uni, it was harder
9.53 - dan: phil does this thing where he backseat stream manages [domestic quibbling]
10.56 - they bitch at each other to stay quiet and focus. cuuuute.
11.05 - 'giant throbbing vein'
11.20 - dan heckling a subscriber's gameplay aggressively
11.51 - phil, 'gd'arvo' is not a thing we say in melbourne. or anywhere.
12.03 - phil: tony take my shell, it's your birthday
12.08 - (people typing 'go phil!' in the chat) phil: uhh! i'm charged by your enthusiasm! [both snicker naughtily] dan: phil, take my energy! phil: i'm taking it, it's good!
dan: go to some twitch donger site, time to copy and paste them... (?!!)
12.38 - dan: phil, the golden rule, protect your butt!
phil: i'll protect YOUR butt.
14.37 - phil: [does quote fingers] "hardcore lady type"
14.48 - could do the 'not my arms' challenge (with both or individually?!)
15.29 - dan: phil's monster coke group chat loves you. [looks at camera, Office Stare]
15.55 - phil: [wistfully] does your life ever go in slow motion, dan
16.08 - dan: stop! talking!
phil: i've got a story!
dan: okay.
16.31 - dan: can someone please send another superchat so i'm not looking at that phil's monster coke thing? umm, okay. [priss face]
16.48 - supportive!dan
17.00 - phil: i know how to play [through gritted teeth] daniel!
17.47 - dan calls a subscriber a bastard, phil says he can't do that.
dan: what? it means his parents weren't married when he was born. like me. phil: you're like Jon Snow.
18.38 - dan: team phil forever!
19.54 - dan: hangry ?? mentioned you in a side show video (?). oh god, what was the context? here is a case study who's rapidly declining in every sense of the word
21.07 - Dark pre-2009 Phil
22.18 - dan does remember his margarita review tumblr blog. cute laughs.
22.55 - they like the (on screen) apparently female characters in this round. dan: less beards, more hair! don't know what that means. i guess we'll see.
24.22 - phil: get banana'd, hard. dan: the bananor became the bananee...
24.58 - phil: jack said his ass cheeks are clenched together right now. [laughs]
dan: i'm helping you do these amazing exercises. dan and phil livestream tension-ups!
25.32 - phil does his dorky half-laugh.
26.45 - phil fondles dan's hair after a subscriber compliments it, long discussion on dan's curly vs straight hair ensues.
dan: my hair never looked good... phil: especially when it rained. dan: -when we were on tour, i'd get sweaty, and it would just go... phil: [fondly] but then it would be like a hair transformation.
27.51 - phil is cheeky and keep questioning the game while dan shushes him. giggles.
28.10 - dan gets angry and almost swears at another player. phil: [finger up] it's not me you're talking to...
28.30 - yuri on ice. phil: you are my rose, you are my rose...
dan: dont talk about that right now...you know what scene that is as well. phil: [laughs] i know i know
3.05 - dan laughs throatily
phil: you're so evil! listen to that!
30.19 - phil: no one likes a smug winner. you need to be humble. like Shakira's breasts. [sings] so you don't confuse them...
[both sing] with mountains!
31.15 - phil tries to get dan to rhyme something with clock, ala the 7 second challenge. filthy sneak. dan obviously struggles not to say cock. dan: knock knock...block. that's what i'm going to do to you on twitter. because you need to stop.
32.05 - dan: there's enough room for two people on that door! (kate winslet in titanic) (yes, dan)
32.30 - [whiny dan] why is everyone against me?
phil: you were a bit too smug last time when you won.
dan: i was joking! you need to be able to handle the bants.
phil: i can handle the bants.
33.48 - dan: phil you spork!
35.28 - dan: phil *will* stalk you.
(long discussion of phil actually stalking profiles and seeing who they're subscribed to)
Dan has told many stories about his parents and growing up on the radioshow. second to that would be mentions in old liveshows. There might be a compilation post somewhere on gossip guru, or youtube. I'm not surprised newer fans find his family mysterious though as he kinda dropped off doing that as their popularity increased, probably due to multiple privacy invasions.

the bastard thing doesn't seem like a big deal to me? i don't know why. i just assumed he was defending being rude to his viewers and calling them names when Phil told him off. also unmarried doesn't equal unplanned; in his twitter reply he said 'technically'. (it is fairly technical, as they were together at the time, and remained together. so not the true sense of the social discrimination of 'bastard', as many of us are, and have endured).

It is so endearing to me how Phil is still interested in talking about Dan's curly hair. there's a lot of fondness whenever he prompts it as a topic, and it lasts longer than when Dan mentions it.

the 'cock' part, geeze phil get a new innuendo. flashback for those who don't watch the radio show:

1.25 phil: name 3 things that rhyme with 'clock'!

:rofl:

another favourite from that show:
phil - moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist moist! take that, wetness!
art in avatar by lily
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

rip phan
malday
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:29 pm lol here we go.

Chris said 'all the fantastic foursome have girlfriends now' in his livestream, part of Twitter went into a meltdown and the other part is taking the piss.
I stopped taking anything out of Chris' mouth seriously ages ago because that's just who he is and while I like the guy he's always a bit like watching a trainwreck saying weird things. So I'm saying nah, he's bullshitting.

Opinions IDB? Does your significant other talk about a forever home and adopting a corgi with their flatmate?
Why would anyone take that seriously?
In the fantastic foursome thread, people documented a few times when he mentioned phan since he started his livestreams. He's always joking.
Last month i caught a bit of his livestream when one of his subscribers asked him live on stream when D&P are going to get married, and he said "no one knows, they haven't announced it yet". But no one took a contextless clip out of that and passed it around twitter.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

The Fantastic Foursome was long gone when I started watching D&P, and tbh Chris has always struck me as a very odd person and slightly over-dramatic (quitting youtube etc).

Though Chris can pry my Phan goggles from my dead fingers, it's an interesting thought experiment to imagine them with girlfriends/partners. Feel free to change my perspective on this, but I hope no person would ever agree to be in a relationship with someone who has to hide them/deny their existence for the sake of their career. That's such a one-sided relationship and I can't see how that would be good for the person's pride and self-esteem in the long run. No matter how kind, loving, handsome and well-endowed someone is, if they wanna hide you for an undefined amount of time, I personally wouldn't agree.

[Offtopic]Good morning Germany, please go and make good choices in the election today :love1: Having a re-branded Nazi party be the third biggest party in the country is a scary thought, and I hope that it's not the outcome of today.[/Offtopic]
human
dan hand trash

alch wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:07 pm
random wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 pm I loved the live stream. It was nice to watch Dan lose/be challenged for a change.

[Offtopic]
Okay, this probably isn't him. I just found it funny that someone stole his username and that they also like guild wars/decided to post on reddit about it. But the account is 6 years old. Dan's reddit confirmed? :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/com ... _complete/

[/Offtopic]
I was just on that account earlier today after remembering Dan was on Reddit. Came to the conclusion that wasn't him, since if he's using the normal username then he's not trying to hide it's him, and would use the same persona with the no caps typing.
Also, if his Reddit account were going by the danisnotonfire username, I'd imagine he'd rebrand along with every other account he owns.

Though if that's already been confirmed to be him and I'm wrong this post is going to sound pretty dumb
I’ve always remembered from an early liveshow, idk which one, that Dan said he had a “secret” reddit account which to me suggests his username is not at all recognisable and we would never find it; I’m sure he said he uses it to read only anyway. Nobody really uses reddit with their usual username anyway its not that sort of site so I’m 100% sure that isn't him.
smol beans
squish

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:15 am It is so endearing to me how Phil is still interested in talking about Dan's curly hair. there's a lot of fondness whenever he prompts it as a topic, and it lasts longer than when Dan mentions it.
SAME.

like dan curling phil's hair for a video, i want phil to straighten dan's hair just as a cheeky throwback (like for PINOF 9 , not necessarily an entire video).
[hi if you're reading :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati: :illuminati:]

don't get me wrong, i love dan's curls and they're here to stay :thumb:
eXcUsE mE?
whut is the opposite of s m o l , halppy, yellow sun?
sorryimnotclever
squish

"Time to dip!!" :garbage:
Last edited by sorryimnotclever on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
DatCog
blobfish

Some familiar faces pop up in Louise's weekly blog (go to 28:17):
Interesting that we don't get any new angles on the apartment - I think she must have been instructed to be careful! Now seriously craving Wagamamas :mrgreen:
human
dan hand trash

sorryimnotclever wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am "Time to dip!!" :garbage:
Lol it was pretty interesting where they each took the joke; Phil (imo) insinuated HE was the one who was pregnant, Dan seemed to assume (imo) that meant it would be his and Louise said the joke was which of the boys had really fathered her baby. Idk, I didn't feel like Deppy were on the same page as Louise at all tbqh haha. Delightful.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

^ i love how what she said could have insinuated they were together about 3 separate times in that video :lol:
i interpreted she meant who is the father of phil's baby before she continued, which is delightful.
dan mimicking giving labour massages will be forever burned into my brain, thanks dan.

selfishly i wish we saw more of that kind of footage, vlog style and with someone they have a banterish type ease with, the energy is less frantic and to me more satisfying than main channel collaborations. but i'm still looking forward to this one, i think it'll be pretty amusing.

hopefully they don't unnecessarily bleep out normal female body parts like they did censoring 'labia' out of the who wants to be a millionaire gaming video :roll: louise does have a history of letting them edit the collabs. which also raises, did they film more than one video? or is this only for louise's content?

edit: oh lol, second watch through and i didn't hear dan say 'we're here to show how ignorant we are about female biology'. fantastic four all have girlfriends now, eh? ;)

phil looking so fondly after asking him what he was doing and dan's prissy mouth, gold.

this lighting shows the 'tans' quite well. (sidenote i covet louise's hair colour so much)
Last edited by mermaid blood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
art in avatar by lily
sorryimnotclever
squish

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:48 am oh lol, second watch through and i didn't hear dan say 'we're here to show how ignorant we are about female biology'. fantastic four all have girlfriends now, eh? ;)
I'm suddenly very excited for Louise's video with them :garbage:

I really loved how hyper and awkward Dan seemed in this video though, Phil seemed very calm and nonchalant while Dan was popping in and out randomly. (And simulating postbirth massages???)
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

sorryimnotclever wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:57 am I really loved how hyper and awkward Dan seemed in this video though, Phil seemed very calm and nonchalant while Dan was popping in and out randomly. (And simulating postbirth massages???)
yeah i feel like this must be true to life of most of their social interactions, save for that close inner circle of a few friends, who we don't see them interact with on camera anyway. dan is probably able to be quite different in terms of nervous energy in those situations. (i loved his genuine hearty laugh after Louise mocked them saying they had to go to a movie, that high nervous energy isn't always a negative thing but can be quite endearing)
art in avatar by lily
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

So much hidden content in this new video. And they were so feisty. The Louise collab is going to require so much expectation management now ;-)

As a middle aged nose pervert, I lack the 11/10 eyesight required to analyze their shelves and groceries. :philtrash:
Does anyone recognize the books and dvd's on sight here?

Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
malday
emo goose

human wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am
sorryimnotclever wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 am "Time to dip!!" :garbage:
Lol it was pretty interesting where they each took the joke; Phil (imo) insinuated HE was the one who was pregnant, Dan seemed to assume (imo) that meant it would be his and Louise said the joke was which of the boys had really fathered her baby. Idk, I didn't feel like Deppy were on the same page as Louise at all tbqh haha. Delightful.
To me it also sounded like Louise meant which one of them would be considered the "father" of Phil's baby's, but caught herself and quickly corrected the joke. It was so awkward and funny! And they all looked great.
quercussp
living flop

DatCog wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 am Some familiar faces pop up in Louise's weekly blog (go to 28:17):
Interesting that we don't get any new angles on the apartment - I think she must have been instructed to be careful! Now seriously craving Wagamamas :mrgreen:
That's what amazed me too - Louise was so careful about filming, that you literally can't see anything we haven't yet seen in her video. DnP must have asked her to be very careful. They all look so good!!!