Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I bet they upload in one to two hours.

Edit: every time I'm on the top of the page, it's for a meaningless comment. Sigh.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:29 pm
liola wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:00 pm
SneakyLizard wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:25 pm
malday wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:13 pm Congrats on 3 million!
I hope people didn't actually make fake accounts to push it faster because youtube purges those from time to time.

Yeah, bit worried about this myself. It seems dishonest (on the subscriber's part) as well, and maybe diminishes the accomplishment :shrug: Do subscriber numbers = better income/success in any way or is success measured in actual views?

Looking forward to whatever they've put together, I love candid dnp moments, even ones that aren't actually funny, just unscripted :)
Views are what counts the most for AdSense, which is why you can only monetize your videos after you get a certain number of views (10k) and not when you reach a certain number of subscribers. That said, logically the more subscribers you have the higher your views will be, but that doesn't account for sudden viral videos people might get. However, the algorith facts both things when it estimates the income of an ad on a video, so it's not always the same. But if you look at estimates on socialblade, for example, you see that while Dan and Phil have a 2M subscribers difference, their estimated incomes are pretty much the same because they have a close number of views and engagement.

(I work in web marketing and my daily job is to analyze stats for adwords/adsense so sorry for the boring reply :lol: also i'm tired af excuse my very poor english atm)
As a fellow human being working in ad analytics, I appreciate this super concise answer. :D

Also....

D&P, hurry it up! Gimme those bloops!
another fellow slave to ad analytics <3 I'm glad my answer at least made sense lmao

I don't think they're going to post before 9pm their time, I have a feeling they got it scheduled. They know we're waiting. They know we'll jump at the video like starved animals. Gimme that content d&p quench my thirst :stan:

Also i'm here to say that if there's no uncensored Phil I'm gonna riot
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:29 pm Also....

D&P, hurry it up! Gimme those bloops!
I feel like Mona Lisa from Parks and Rec....Bloopers please!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alostan
smol bean

alch wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:26 am
alostan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am Okay so, I have a theory. :tinfoil: :tinfoil:
(This is probably just wishful thinking but whatever)

I was checking The Apprentice Twitter and I notice that they are following someone a little strange, Dan. Now I'm thinking, this is a little weird, since when has Dan expressed interest in the apprentice?

But, The Apprentice has had a YouTube episode the past (2?) years, where they have invited youtubers on.

Now I'm not saying that Dan is going going on The Apprentice or that it's produced by the BBC with whom he has links with. I'm also not saying that he was invited to be on Get me out of here and is it such a stretch he'd be invited on another reality show.

(I'm also not saying that they might film in March (I don't know for certain) , no of course I'm not saying that)

So now I've got my hopes to high and am prepared to get them crushed.
Every time I see the phrase "the apprentice" now I wince, thanks America

But I think Dan has said that he watches the apprentice in liveshows from a few years back, and maybe also Phil. I think the Apprentice is just following them because they've mentioned it.
Sorry to anyone who I accidently offended by using 'The Apprentice', I forgot not everywhere is blessed by Lord Alan Sugar :lol: .

I thought that too at the start, but Dan is the most recent person they've followed, unless my twitter app is lying to me.
Which I don't see why they would because he made comments about it a few years ago? But i'm probably just jumping to conclusions, but I would pay to see him on the show :cry:

Also congrats on 3 mill etc. If we don't get those bloopers tonight i'm gonna sue them for false advertisement

(Also apologies if i make any formatting mistakes, idk what im doing)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

yo i am so ready for those bloopers heck yeah, i'm glad the gaming channel hit 3 million!
:transheart:
Appa
dank meme

s o o n
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Appa wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 pm s o o n
YAYYYY, Im so readyyyy :love2: :love2:
freesocks
spork

BSV wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:49 pm
YAYYYY, Im so readyyyy :love2: :love2:
Not to be rude, Dan and Phil, but I'm going to need you to hurry up. I am severely lacking in patience.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

willowgarden
squish

fancybum wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm
willowgarden wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:22 am
fancybum wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:07 am :dogue: Dan and Misc Watch 2017 :haru:
Do I suit this beanie?

8:45 "DanAndPhilGAMES is almost at 3M subscribers!" blooper video will be released to celebrate when it happens
11:35 "So tomorrow is hopefully, if that happened, when it could come out."
If that happened

english subtitles: the video is edited and queued after selecting the clips for the last two weeks, and my YouTube dinosaur senses tell me that algorithmically 3 mil is guaranteed on Friday, so I've set it to publish at 10 pm while me and Dan -- Dan and I -- are at the cinema watching Wind River
This. is. beautiful. Please can any mad scientists out there currently working on their pet translators divert their energies to a D&P translator? What if we could just know when Dan saying 'ask me again in two months' really means 'we will never speak of this again lol' or when Phil saying 'haha' really means 'I will burn you to the ground then salt the earth'. What a simpler world it would be.
He's queued it. If it loads 10 pm their time in London, 5 pm my time in EST US, :tinfoil:
"if that happened" = "..I'm watching all of you"
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Usually it's like 45 minutes to over an hour from the "video coming soon" tweet till release? Damn their slow internet!
DatCog
blobfish

Just saw this adorable art on Tumblr and it made me smile...I really love DAPG!
liola
rankussy

Twice in a week I'm sat at the computer refreshing the youtube page, waiting for Phil to upload a video. These boys are killing me with anticipation lately

sorryimnotclever
squish

At some point I need to actually start cleaning the house, YouTube come onnnnn, upload faster
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
freesocks
spork

sorryimnotclever wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:40 pm At some point I need to actually start cleaning the house, YouTube come onnnnn, upload faster
I am having the same struggle. Sigh.
BSV

Got my boy in bed, come on..... :)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Just how SLOW is their frickin' internet?!?!?!?! I'm getting up in 5 hours have mercy on me :( :( :(
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
BSV

Yay we got a phil swear!
sorryimnotclever
squish

BSV wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:04 pm Yay we got a phil swear!
How dare they bleep it out
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
liola
rankussy

A few things:

4.30 had me DYING i replayed it and laughed out loud
- them taking eyelashes off each other was so soft wtf
- uh Phil's voice was so low help me??
- so much closeness I didn't think it was possible but they leaned even more into each other
- CAN'T BELIEVE THE FUCKING BLEEPED THE ONLY PHIL SWEAR WHY WOULD YOU DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT

iero
phabergé

their off camera voices sound so deep lol
the eyelash part was cute
freesocks
spork

I really enjoyed that. Usually when I am so psyched up for something, it disappoints, but this didn't! I loved how the video was more behind the scenes stuff, rather than a bunch of clips of them (Dan) screaming at the camera. I actually feel so relaxed and happy after watching...as compared to how impatient and stressed I was while waiting for it to be posted. Definitely a video I will watch over and over. :love3: :newyear: :love3:
Last edited by freesocks on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

It wasn't just recent videos!! Also gosh darn that eye contact at the start

Nice video! Kinda? Unsatisfying though? Idk, it wasn't disappointing, I had some laughs, and I'll definitely rewatch it. A lot of the moments felt like cut scenes rather than bloopers though.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was a really nice 7 min vid, made me laugh a couple of times and that is all I wanted so totally worth waiting for imo.