Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

i love phil so much. oh my god. :philtrash:
what a lovely man
parallel
phabergé

Did Phil just change in front of Dan, live? I swear he didn't leave the room haha
onetruetrash
blobfish

emerald wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:23 pm Did Phil just change in front of Dan, live? I swear he didn't leave the room haha
I'm pretty sure he just slipped on the costume.
quercussp
living flop

why did the doorbell make me so emotional? what a great liveshow. acknowledging the week in march thing, talking about mental health, phil popping in... it made my trashy little heart so happy. <3
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

It was like an old school live show with phil popping in! Oh god this 'last' calendar! I might have to actually buy some merch :)
liola
rankussy

I CALLED DAN TALKING ABOUT THE WEEK IN MARCH INSTEAD OF THE GAME :rofl: :rofl: I'm dying why is it so funny that they're predictable.

What a lovely live show. I love how he talked about mental health and mentioning how consuling is, still a privilege, because yes absolutely. We nred to make it accessible to everyone in need 💙

If the calendar involves dogs, I willd DIE. Also I totally think the week in march was a personal thing but he will address it as a game thing to just calm everyone down. There's no way he would've blocked the words if it wasn't something actually important to him.

Am I the only one now wondering if the gaming livestream will be the board game? Is that too much to hope? And also wonder what he's doing next week that he already knows he won't be able to live stream hmmm

Phil In yellow 💛 their cute domestic ordering food/answering the door, why was is that small but lovely? And why does it warm my heart that Phil shows his support for this cause so vclearly dear to Dan by agreeing to show up in the cheese costume aw
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 pm
Ticia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

One of many reasons that fandoms in general are hated is this exact reason - leaking stuff because you wanna look like you have an inside scoop, you wanna brag that you found out first & then sharing it is so disrespectful to the people that you support.

Guaranteed they wanted to do this announcement their own way but now since it's been put out there, it ruins the whole entire thing.

This really pisses me off that someone would want to ruin the reveal for Dan & Phil. They are very meticulous about how they do things; for example, the trailer for their book release was huge so who's to say that they didn't have something special planned to announce the game?

Some info isn't meant to be shared & this was one of those things.
Chill, mate.

No one broke into their home to steal the game. It was a fan that casually found it and, because they were excited about it, decided to share it with a fandom forum.

And, on that matter, please get off your high horse, "casual stalker": you're in a fandom (this) just like everybody else is. Want to know what creates a bad image of any fandom? fans whining about irrelevant stuff.

I'm not whining, I don't need to "chill mate" & as far as being on a high horse - having an opinion doesn't put me on a high horse - you know like you are allowed your opinion & I'm allowed to have mine as well.

It was wrong to post the pics. So the store that put it out made a mistake but the person who posted the pic shouldn't have shared them. The obvious reasoning being that it hasn't once been mentioned at all by Dan or Phil so it wasn't meant to be known about therefore why share it when you know for a fact that no one, NO ONE knew about it. If it was talked about on any platform by Dan &/or Phil & it wasn't a secret, then fine post them all you want but NO ONE knew about it so why do that??

You need to back off & look at this whole thing from all sides before you come at me.
Ok, I might've expressed myself too in a wrong way, so I'm sorry if I caused you any uneasiness.

I, of course, can see your point of view and why you define what happened as "wrong" from a moral standpoint, but you may need to work and understand, too, why people do not think it is as awful as you find it to be.

Plus, the tone of your posts did not exactly come across as respectful not only to the fan who posted the pictures, but to the fandom itself.
dontpanic
#relatable

this is such a useless point but the fact that Dan mentioned Snowpiercer made me so happy it's one of my favorite movies and with such an amazing director <3

Also Philly with glasses is always an A+ in my book
edit: also, Phil ordering food for Dan and Dan being all surprised about the milkshake thing :garbage:

edit-edit: about the "that week in march" thing, I think sometimes Dan forgets just how influential(?) he can be.
Last edited by dontpanic on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tyhane
delia smith

obscureDnPreference wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:14 pm After he got at us for asking, I put in chat "YOU TOLD US TO ASK" and he read it. The way he said it and how he responded, I think he forgot he told us to ask about it.
Haha yeah the whole thing felt a bit... mmm idk weird? Like kind of reminded me of the whole Bahamas debacle with him not understanding why people were freaking out about it. I still stick by my opinion that it's completely understandable that people were/are questioning him about it seeing as he himself went out of his way to tell us to. :P This is coming from somebody that honestly doesn't care too much about it anyway.
I got the impression that he feels uncomfortable over just how much hype it has gotten. Which I can certainly understand. He was definitely trying to downplay it with the whole "oh he ordered a burger" thing so I'm really not expecting much... not that I ever was.

But on a more important note... Phil trying to tease Dan about his scared "hello?" was the cutest thing I've ever seen, jesus. I'm kind of overwhelmed by this LS in general, and there's so much to look forward to in coming weeks/months, I think I need at least 24 hrs to process it all. :lol:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I am late to this discussion because the forum has been so slow to load tonight!
000dia000 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 pm I'd nearly argue that this being leaked actually might cause more hype for the game because its such a big surprise. I mean, Dan and Phil will still make their announcement, as they want, when they want, but I think prior phandom knowledge will make it seem more "special" in a way, or is that just me? In that people will do all they can to find out more, research this before it's released, building up the hype and getting people excited to buy.

If it was just released, as was scheduled, then that's that. It's a surprising project, but nothing spectacular. Whoever is interested in buying will buy it, but there's nothing to talk about. But this though? People are talking about it. People are interested. I wouldn't personally buy a board game, and honestly wouldn't have the money, but that doesn't mean I'm searching for pictures, finding everything I can about it, speculating about. This hype and discussion wouldn't be there, but for this leak.
I agree. I think that the “leak” definitely bought hype to it. IDB at the time the board game was posted about suddenly had about 200 lurkers on here and people were talking about it on twitter/tumblr. If the release date I saw is true, then shame on their PR teams for not starting the hype themselves. Dan already started some clever hints by making sure in the background of his liveshow there were some board games from the company they’ve worked with, but nothing gets the phandom going more than something that is leaked. I’m surprised there wasn’t even a hint of an announcement or joint liveshow before it was posted about tbh, especially if it really is due out in 9 days.

Plus also, I want to mention that when @feenix posted it, she was excited as a fan to tell others. She didn’t do it with spite or malice, she was just excited. Nothing wrong with that, she definitely doesn’t deserve the abuse she has received across social media from people who think Dan and Phil cannot look after themselves when it comes to such matters, and that they must be wrapped in cotton wool. It’s not wrong to want to share something with people who you know will ultimately be as excited as you will, innocently.

Anyways, that’s just what I wanted to say earlier and couldn’t because the forum wouldn’t load.

In other news;
The liveshow was glorious, I was the top fan for the first 2 seconds because of my free spin hahaha! Phil made an appearance wearing his glasses which always makes things 100% better. Dan being flustered when the doorbell went gave me life as he didn’t know what to do or say properly and then him being excited at the milkshake was just too cute. I loved it when he called us annoying for asking about the week in March, I hope someone gifs that, his face was so funny.
The only one negative thing I have to say is, I really hope they don’t stop doing the calendar. It’s the one piece of merch I truly enjoy. Their merch isn’t really aimed at my age group but the calender is something for everyone. I really hope they don’t stop making it. I am looking forwards to this years already, it’s definitely going to be dogs.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

Seriously, somehow the doorbell and the delivery food, Dan telling us to tweet Phil, then calling to Phil, Phil popping in, Dan "making him" put on the cheese costume and just that spontaneous fondness is something I feel like we've been missing from liveshows in this new apartment. Their individual liveshows have just felt very separate and stark, even if we heard Dan clacking away in the background, there was no acknowledgement, no interaction, except for the two planned joint ones and Phil walking into the gaming room livestream, which felt very new and different and lovely of course, but this just felt domestic and familiar and warm. It's the first time it's felt like their home for me.

There were a lot of other good moments before then. I'm really glad that his video will focus on a personal story. I'm so hyped for the calendar (I think you are all right that there will be at least one dog). He acknowledged that week in March and I'm guessing it will either play into his mh vid or be their game announcement, as he said he can address it "after tomorrow". I like how someone in the chat said "party game" and he read it and responded like people bringing up things he drops hints about is a game. I'm genuinely not sure if that was him being spacey or just playing at it. :lol:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quercussp
living flop

the only thing that dampened my mood about the live show was how defensive Dan seemed when talking about his nails. Was it just me (i'm sick and feel miserable)? He seemed to make such a big deal about it being "funny" and him and Phil being "typical gender roles"... idk, made me feel a bit odd. Do you think he was feeling a bit self conscious or is my sleep deprived brain just reading into things?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I see a lot of people talking about what a great liveshow it was. To me, Dan read as anxious as fuck; weirdly aggressive when talking about television, talking way too fast with the movie bit, patronizing and a bit surprisingly angry when it came to the 'week in march' thing, and definitely over-explainy about the nails. The Phil part was great, but it just made me wish Phil had been there as a calming and distracting presence for Dan the entire liveshow instead of just the last few minutes.

But: I think he has a video going up tomorrow he's nervous about and context for what else is going on in his life makes it a lot easier to look past the things he did and said that might normally have me more annoyed at him.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was the loveliest liveshow. Hearing him talk seriously and openly about mental health, different forms it takes, why the charity is necessary, and how he approached his video, so good. Also actually acknowledging the week in March was a nice surprise, even if it is about a sad cold burger. It was funny that he actually said we’re annoying, that felt a bit more direct than usual.

The yellow tshirt also suits him really well on top of his gorgeous curls and everything. Can’t believe he buys nail varnish and only later wonders how to get it off like he hasn’t worn it twice already. Phil in his matching tshirt and glasses was stunning too. His photos are great, I love those emoji pyjamas and his expression in the cheese one is very apt.

A dog-themed calendar sounds feasible and adorable, though I’m sad to think they might not ever do one again. I love them, it’s the one thing I’d always buy from them and there’s so many possibilities for different themes.

Funny that their deeper voices in the gaming blooper video was partly due to slower speed. I was melting at the sound of Phil’s voice. Well done, YouTube ;)
malday
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:04 pm Seriously, somehow the doorbell and the delivery food, Dan telling us to tweet Phil, then calling to Phil, Phil popping in, Dan "making him" put on the cheese costume and just that spontaneous fondness is something I feel like we've been missing from liveshows in this new apartment. Their individual liveshows have just felt very separate and stark, even if we heard Dan clacking away in the background, there was no acknowledgement, no interaction, except for the two planned joint ones and Phil walking into the gaming room livestream, which felt very new and different and lovely of course, but this just felt domestic and familiar and warm. It's the first time it's felt like their home for me.

There were a lot of other good moments before then. I'm really glad that his video will focus on a personal story. I'm so hyped for the calendar (I think you are all right that there will be at least one dog). He acknowledged that week in March and I'm guessing it will either play into his mh vid or be their game announcement, as he said he can address it "after tomorrow". I like how someone in the chat said "party game" and he read it and responded like people bringing up things he drops hints about is a game. I'm genuinely not sure if that was him being spacey or just playing at it. :lol:
I did a double take when i heard that, he was just talking about that week in March and then read " it's the new party game" and casually just said "indeed" and it really sounded like we was talking about their card game.
But i'm more inclined to think the March thing has to do with his video, the party game project must have been the thing they did in February.

I wonder if now they are going to go with an early announcement or just keep to schedule, the release date does have importance in the phandom so i can see why they would want to wait.
annabanana
sofa crease

The liveshow was wonderful! Loved all the talk about mental health. I agree with alittledizzy that he did seem a bit nervous/anxious but I think because he knows that a lot of his audience struggle with mental health issues (which he acknowledged at the beginning of the show) he was just being careful with his wording and making sure he was addressing everything with sensitivity. His point to specifically shed light upon mental health needs in the education system was great. It is so important to address mental health in schools as trying to participate in class and complete academic work is so much harder when you are dealing with mental health issues. There are always the issues of funding, staffing, etc that are legitimate roadblocks for schools wanting to provide mental health services, but there are so many simple day-to-day things that school staff could to do provide support even if its not professional counseling.

Also found it really adorable that when buying yellow nail polish, Dan couldn't decide between two shades so got both. I can just imagine him being indecisive about which one would go best with the rest of his yellow aesthetic and then Phil just putting his foot down and deciding to use both. <3
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
susan2
rainbow nerd

I think the "leak" may have happened because of a delay. Big Potato's Newsletter from 8 September seems to indicate things were planned to be announced earlier :shrug:

Calendar
Interesting that many peoples minds seemed to go to dogs....mine immediately went to Dil. I mean they've got some new Sims merch to sell, plus seem to be focussing a lot on the gaming channel. (not to mention that big Dil head lying around). Why not re-create some iconic moments from the series?
apathy
sad dimple

susan2 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 pm Calendar
Interesting that many peoples minds seemed to go to dogs....mine immediately went to Dil. I mean they've got some new Sims merch to sell, plus seem to be focussing a lot on the gaming channel. (not to mention that big Dil head lying around). Why not re-create some iconic moments from the series?
Same here, actually. I'd rather have dogs, but unless the sets are super elaborate for some reason, it's hard to imagine that would take 3 days to shoot. So my mind also went to scenarios of them in the sims with Dil. Plus, suggested by Martyn who saw a lot of TATINOF.

But, puppies would be wonderful. :love2: They could collab with a shelter and there's some good promo for adopting. Please do next year if it isn't this one.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I really appreciate phil giving us 3 photos with 3 different outfits.
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

My immediate impression of the live show was that it was just lovely. As I said while it was occurring, I was getting weirdly emotional listening to Dan speak about mental health. He was just being so supportive and it felt like I was listening to a good friend I'd had for years. And Phil popping in was lovely. There were many good moments, but also alittledizzy, you're right about the anxious/nervous vibe. I didn't pick up on it but I definitely can feel it now. The way he talked about the week in March was a bit strange and aggressive. Not faulting him for anything though, he has a big video coming out tomorrow and I'm assuming today was stressful.

This should probably be under a cut, but I think I am weirdly emotional today in general because it's World Mental Health Day and because John Green's book came out today. I was 17 when TFIOS came out and now I'm nearly 23 and have a career and a life. I'm just about to sit down and read it and am expecting to cry a lot.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
rainydays
sofa crease

I liked the liveshow, there were some good bits and some interesting information was shared, and of course the phil part was adorable and made my night. And definitely kudos to dan (and phil) for supporting the charity and explaining why it is important to spread awareness about mental health.
I haven't been around here in the past few days, but I've seen the expected discussion about dan's next video happening.. I was a bit apprehensive yesterday, but now I'm feeling hopeful that he will be sensitive and smart in talking about such a delicate topic. There's no way he'll manage to please everyone, but that goes for every video. Having the confirmation that he will talk about his own experience specifically makes me definitely feeling more positive about the outcome.

On the other hand, I agree with dizzy that he was anxious and jittery throughout most of the liveshow and that made him slightly more aggressive and patronizing than he would have been normally. We know he always feels nervous before uploading a video and he usually goes into complete hiding for a couple of days, so I'm gonna give him a pass, because I understand the kind of pressure he must be feeling right now, especially with this particular video.

I'll admit phil's lack of nail polish applying skills made me laugh. Dan's nails were a mess. In all fairness, I think applying nail polish to others is way harder than when you do it to yourself. Dan would have probably done a better job by himself. Also yellow is usually a pain to paint your nails with.
The nails part definitely felt a bit too unnecessarily over-explained.. the whole thing reminded me of when he told us he'd worn phil's coat and put so much emphasis on the "fanservice" he was providing. I read his "gender role lads" or whatever as ironic though, rather than serious.

p.s. why... did he have to say that snape is the best character ever? just.. whY
fancybum
senpai

:lion: Phil and Misc Watch 2017 :cactus:
World Mental Health Day - Sunshine Danny and Phil in a Cheese Onesie (Oct 10, 2017)

Prompted Phil Mention
09:16 (chat) My mom said she wishes Phil was her son
"(laughs/mumbles)"

11:33 (chat) Is Phil gonna post a photo
“Phil is gonna post a photo”
“As you all know from Phil’s fashion video, he got like this cool yellow tshirt, he also has some fairly infamous emoji pyjamas, but I really think Phil should wear the cheese onesie”
“If you all wanna just be like ‘Phil come on Dan’s liveshow’”
‘I’ll donate 10 pounds if Phil breaks out the cheese onesie’ and then maybe we’ll see if he gets peer-pressured into it by the end of this”

16:18 (chat) Tell Phil to stop slamming doors
“I think it’s probably Phil’s started seeing messages of peer pressure and he’s getting shook”

27:20 (chat) Where is Phil, is he wearing yellow
“Phil… I’ll shout for him in 10 minutes”
(chat) Get Phil in the cheese costume
“This is gonna get violent, isn’t it”

33:00 (chat) Call Phil
“Call Phil— yeah, we’ll see, in like 3 minutes”

33:17 “Oh my god, the door just buzzed. Is Phil ordering food? I’m onto him”
Unprompted Phil Mention
30:20 “It’s spooky movie season and Phil [suggested a Korean horror movie he found on metacritic]”

33:24 “My uncle was bipolar— Hey Phil is that you answering the door?” “Come upstairs in a cheese costume in 5 minutes”
33:48 “As I was saying ‘I had an uncle with bipolar disorder, so I know a lot about that. Anyway, Phil and burgers and cheese costumes’. Natural segue there.”
34:43 “Phil’s gonna do this thing and then I’m gonna go eat”
Neutral Phil Mention
03:55 “I asked Phil to paint my nails. You wanna see? This is what happens when two… two, you know, “proper la- you know, gender role laddies”—‘cause that’s me and Phil—attempt to do something- oh jesus christ, look at that” (shows terribly painted nails)
4:28 “Jesus christ, Phil- there’s no excuse”
“It’s like I’m a child that has been doing finger painting”
4:53 “So to anyone whose ideal fanfiction scenario was for Dan and Phil to paint their nails, that’s actually a horror movie. It’s not enjoyable, there’s nothing for anyone to get out of it”

17:28 “I think Phil mentioned this, but we’re making another silly Dan and Phil calendar. Obviously Dan and Phil merch is so much less important than today”
“[old British singer dude does cheesy calendars where he “totally unironically poses shirtless playing basketball”] and we were just like ‘we should take the piss out of that, it would be so funny’”
18:14 “I think it was Phil’s brother that had the idea”
-bless you Martyn

19:15 “DanAndPhilGAMES hit 3M subscribers”
“We’ve been holding onto bloopers this whole year”
“We say this a lot: with Dan and Phil, bloopers are content”
20:18 (chat) Phil swore, I was shook
“Shooketh, yup. It was a very dramatic video”

21:48 Gaming livestream “maybe on thursday instead of Phil’s liveshow, depending how he’s feeling or whatever’s happening, or this weekend”
-hmm how non-committal to anything

26:08 “Thought I’d paint my nails, thought I’d do a bad job of it, asked Phil to do it, Phil completely destroyed me”

26:20 (chat) take a compliment Daniel
“I don’t know how to take a compliment. I will eat your compliment, I will chew it, and pretend it never happened”

36:20 “Oh my god, I crapped myself. We were filming my video and we left a window open. You know the glass door room where I film my videos in—and it’s in front of where Phil got changed in his last one—we had the blinds drawn, and I left the window open, and I walked into the room, and it was just us two, and the blinds shuffled and I was like ‘home invasion’. I saw a shadow, and I saw this thing waving, and I was like ‘oh my god there’s someone in the room’ and I just went ‘hello?’” but it was just the open window whoops
38:03 “So Phil was helping me film my video”
(Phil mimics Dan’s ‘hello?’ and suddenly life is worth living)

39:10 “Anything else you wanna say to Phil? Oh look, it’s Phil, don’t you love Phil, funny, banter banter, videos, charity, #helloyellow, thank you Phil”
-context: he's in a rush to leave for the milkshakening

39:30 “We’re gonna make sure Phil posts a photo”
Miscellaneous
05:30 “Among us [internet people types], we all know that mental health is something that needs to be taken seriously. You know, someone can have anxiety/depression/anorexia/OCD, and even though these things aren’t physical illnesses that you can see, they’re invisible things that can really have a negative impact on people’s lives.”
6:10 “Go back 10 years and no one talked about any of this”

7:08 “Even though the NHS is amazing, the mental health services are underfunded, so if you’re somebody that can’t afford to pay for your own private healthcare and you’ve got a mental health condition, sometimes you have to wait 6 months to see a specialist, and that’s the kind of thing that’s not good. And also schools at the moment, they put so much pressure on exams and they stress people out, and it’s making people sad. And generally in school- I think that schools should be more responsible for students’ mental health because, you know, someone like me, I wasn’t a very intelligent young person, I was quite immature mentally when I was younger, and my parents weren’t very attentive, and the school wasn’t there for me, and there’s so many people that fall through the cracks, so I think that there’s a lot that charities can do to try and make our society more aware and there to help people”

12:38 “I’ve been working on a video for- I mean I knew I was gonna do this for [world mental health day] for quite a while and I wanted to make a video talking about my own experiences with mental health”

13:03 “I feel like there’s a story that I can tell which would probably be quite good for just showing people that it’s okay to talk about your experiences and to ask for help and to share my journey— I talk about this all in the video so I don’t wanna go over it”

13:28 “[I’ve been writing it and] thinking about it and planning it and doing research for it, and thinking about what exactly the video could be [and constantly changing his mind]”

14:03 “[Finally decided that] the most Dan thing to do is for me to just talk about my own experiences and my story, ‘cause I’m not an expert, okay, you should always be careful listening to anybody give mental health advice if they’re not a professional”

14:33 (chat) I feel like your video will make me cry
“I’d never do that, I have such an inappropriate sense of humour. I think it’s funny”

16:40 “Things can always get better. No matter how big you think the world is, no matter how well you think you know your circumstances, if you ever think you’re trapped, if you ever think you’re at a dead end in life, that’s not the case. Every year that you’re alive, you realize how much bigger the world is, all the different opportunities and things that you can do, so never feel like you’ve reached the end of the road, or the bottom of the hole, ‘cause even if it’s hard or almost impossible, you can always change your circumstances.”
-if you say so

24:30 (chat) That week in March
"(laughs) You guys are so annoying, jesus christ. You know how to play it cool, don’t you? Honestly, you can’t be like this, in life, just bringing things up. Um, tell you what actually, after tomorrow I’ll be able to explain it in more depth. And it’s kind of funny, in a laugh at me kind of way where it’s kind of distressing. It wasn’t enjoyable at the time at all, and it’s not even that interesting. This is the thing, like, you’re gonna ruin life for yourself. If someone said ‘oh something funny happened last week’ and then you build it up across months to be like ‘oh well he probably won the lottery or got married to a dog’ and then you find out ‘oh I ordered a burger and then it arrived and it was cold, how disappointing’”
(chat) You told us to ask
“Yeah, I think that was maybe after this week, so next time”
-so he knew that far in advance that whatever happened would be a good video to do for mental health day and when he said 'ask me in two months', the problem was really that he just can't count..?

40:00 “I just hope that by sharing my experiences, I will spread the message that people can feel okay about themselves, reach out for help” etc.

40:23 “I don’t know if I’ll be here next Tuesday, god knows what I’ll be doing”
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Phil’ 40 times :whiskers:
~40/40.5 mins = 0.98 per min

I thought he seemed fine, just some nervous chatty energy, even when talking about the week in March. Like maybe a bit stressed that people's expectations are too high for whatever anecdote we're actually (potentially) getting in the vid tomorrow. So he's just saying to lower expectations about any possible ~revelations when it's just A Thing That Happened. Also he literally titled the vid World Mental Health Day and is wearing a charity shirt to promote it, I think he was just being extra mindful of everything he was saying (which is saying something considering he's always hyper-mindful in his way).

And the nail talk seemed to me like just some good-natured roasting of Phil (who was hanging out in the room, or at least within earshot, for most of the show, was he not) and his demonstrably terrible nail painting job. Anyway, whatever, I'm glad his video will be in his usual dinof style and not some after school special, all we can do now is wait and see.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
loonyradish
living flop

This was actually such a lovely live stream, haven't smiled that much in a while :love1:
Dan looks great in yellow imo, and this might sound stupid, but I found the blueish tone of light to be quite calming?

I'm super excited for what the week in march is gonna turn out as. If he can talk about it after tomorrow, it doesn't seem to be connected to the board game?
And they're planning on playing Fire Boy & Water Girl! I'm so looking forward to that, I love the game and DnP-teamwork-games are always great.

Also lots of domestic vibes in the end. And who orders milkshakes that late?! I didn't even know you could order milkshakes at all :lol:

Don't even get me started on Phil in the cheese costume. <3
autumnhearth
senpai

Okay with that “stay tuned” bit from Big Potato, them doing a gaming stream on a Thursday and Dan not sure about what he’s doing on a Tuesday, I’m going to predict that Dan will skip his ls next week (which is a tiny bit unfortunate as I was looking to a post vid follow up, but he did a good pre vid bit) and we just might get a joint ls on the 19th following an announcement earlier in the day. Fingers crossed.
Vanderlyle
spork

living for this iteration of Dan's hair