Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

feenix wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm Y'all I deleted the pics from imgur but I don't know if they've deleted on here as the site is being very slow. Can a mod/admin delete them maybe? I've had contact from Big Potato as they've seen the pics and Dan and Phil want it to be a surprise. I've helped them contact all the other stores that have it in stock as I'm sure it would be only a matter of time before someone else posts pics of it. They're super thankful to me for helping them realise the mistake but errr yeah I feel like the pics should be deleted from here too.
Deleting the pics here will just make them pop up more on twitter and tumbr anyway.
If you are not part of marketing, they should hire you. ;)
Ewok
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Ewok wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm
feenix wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm Y'all I deleted the pics from imgur but I don't know if they've deleted on here as the site is being very slow. Can a mod/admin delete them maybe? I've had contact from Big Potato as they've seen the pics and Dan and Phil want it to be a surprise. I've helped them contact all the other stores that have it in stock as I'm sure it would be only a matter of time before someone else posts pics of it. They're super thankful to me for helping them realise the mistake but errr yeah I feel like the pics should be deleted from here too.
I'm cracking up @ this damage control, don't know why but it's got me right in the giggledick. Oh, poor dip & pip. This was a pretty big oversight of their management (assuming their management were the ones to set everything up with Big Potato etc.) How could someone from their management or whatever not have seen this coming?!

Also to echo what Lain said already, I hope you don't feel bad! I'm sure that if it weren't you to notice the game and post pics of it, someone else definitely would have. I appreciated the sneak peak anyways. :)
Also wait wait wait. Sorry for the double post, I needed to bust out my tinfoil hat for this one, but this really cements my idea that someone is lurking on IDB, because imo, that was fucking fast? I know it spread throughout the phandom on twitter and tumblr but... I just get the feeling? How would Big Potato have seen the posts?

:illuminati:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Ewok wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm
I'm cracking up @ this damage control, don't know why but it's got me right in the giggledick. Oh, poor dip & pip. This was a pretty big oversight of their management (assuming their management were the ones to set everything up with Big Potato etc.) How could someone from their management or whatever not have seen this coming?!

Also to echo what Lain said already, I hope you don't feel bad! I'm sure that if it weren't you to notice the game and post pics of it, someone else definitely would have. I appreciated the sneak peak anyways. :)
Also wait wait wait. Sorry for the double post, I needed to bust out my tinfoil hat for this one, but this really cements my idea that someone is lurking on IDB, because imo, that was fucking fast? I know it spread throughout the phandom on twitter and tumblr but... I just get the feeling? How would Big Potato have seen the posts?

I saw it on Tumblr and heard it was on Twitter too. It wouldn't be hard to search 'Dan and phil board game' on Tumblr and find the links straight to the original post. I'd say they saw it initially on Twitter or tumblr. I'm sure plenty of people were tweeting them. Information is disseminated crazy fast now.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

One of many reasons that fandoms in general are hated is this exact reason - leaking stuff because you wanna look like you have an inside scoop, you wanna brag that you found out first & then sharing it is so disrespectful to the people that you support.

Guaranteed they wanted to do this announcement their own way but now since it's been put out there, it ruins the whole entire thing.

This really pisses me off that someone would want to ruin the reveal for Dan & Phil. They are very meticulous about how they do things; for example, the trailer for their book release was huge so who's to say that they didn't have something special planned to announce the game?

Some info isn't meant to be shared & this was one of those things.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

One of many reasons that fandoms in general are hated is this exact reason - leaking stuff because you wanna look like you have an inside scoop, you wanna brag that you found out first & then sharing it is so disrespectful to the people that you support.

Guaranteed they wanted to do this announcement their own way but now since it's been put out there, it ruins the whole entire thing.

This really pisses me off that someone would want to ruin the reveal for Dan & Phil. They are very meticulous about how they do things; for example, the trailer for their book release was huge so who's to say that they didn't have something special planned to announce the game?

I actually don't think it's disrespectful - no one broke into their apartment and stole a copy or got it through any illicit means. OP specifically stated that there was no embargo. The game showed up in a bookstore with no instructions, it seems, to not go ahead and buy it? That's no different than if a store had accidentally put it out on the shelf and someone picked it up. It's just like a few weeks ago when IRL Store sent out a backpack early and mistakenly. There's absolutely no reason that fandoms, or any particular member of a fandom, should be hated because companies make mistakes.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

obscureDnPreference wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm I saw it on Tumblr and heard it was on Twitter too. It wouldn't be hard to search 'Dan and phil board game' on Tumblr and find the links straight to the original post. I'd say they saw it initially on Twitter or tumblr. I'm sure plenty of people were tweeting them. Information is disseminated crazy fast now.
I'm sure you're right, I just want to believe.

:tinfoil:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
malday
emo goose

Ewok wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm

They @'d dan and phil directly on twitter with the photos and the company dm'd them back.
DatCog
blobfish

Oh gosh! <3 <3
000dia000
emo goose

It's a pity that they had to be deleted feenix but great catch anyway. I only wish I got home in time for the pics to load on my computer. Still, it's kind of funny how the phandom can find things, wasn't it only last year people also stumbled across DAPGO before it was officially announced too? Also...feenix...did you get the angry Phil DM as spoken about in legend...?
DatCog wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm Oh gosh! <3 <3
Some pretty damage control <3
but why does he always have to look so forced and uncomfortable?
Last edited by 000dia000 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cactus:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Lol, what did Phil do, just dunk his whole nail in the nail polish bottle?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

WAIT WHAT??? I thought he said live show tomorrow; not today??
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

My heart. Each time I look at it, I see more to love. THE NAIL POLISH <3
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
SquishPhan
capita£ester

confusedpanda wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm WAIT WHAT??? I thought he said live show tomorrow; not today??
He definitely said that, so this does feel like damage control.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Liveshow on Younow confirmed!

The org behind this has been sharing some photos of people in yellow shirts on their instagram, and I wonder if this was intentional... https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFDxxNH9d8 ... ungmindsuk
liola
rankussy

SquishPhan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 pm
confusedpanda wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm WAIT WHAT??? I thought he said live show tomorrow; not today??
He definitely said that, so this does feel like damage control.
Possibly damage control but he also said he would do a live show tomorrow in case he posted the video tonight. I'm not sure he would postpone his video just for damage control - it'd be better to give the phandom something that has been awaited and hyped
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

Chill, mate.

No one broke into their home to steal the game. It was a fan that casually found it and, because they were excited about it, decided to share it with a fandom forum.

And, on that matter, please get off your high horse, "casual stalker": you're in a fandom (this) just like everybody else is. Want to know what creates a bad image of any fandom? fans whining about irrelevant stuff.
sorryimnotclever
squish

Live show? Cute picture with flower crown and Sunflowers? Damn it Dan, I was about to start on a major art project.
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, glad for the liveshow if he’s not ready with the video.

He looks so cute in the photo, though he does look a bit uncomfortable, he said he didn’t like sunflowers let alone bright colours. Love Phil’s nail job, I’m sure Dan would have done that fine.

The game looks funny, though that birth picture is cringe af, who are they trying to impress with that :roll:
freesocks
spork

The video probably isn't ready, which is why he is doing the liveshow.
flarequake wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 pm He looks so cute in the photo, though he does look a bit uncomfortable, he said he didn’t like sunflowers let alone bright colours. Love Phil’s nail job, I’m sure Dan would have done that fine.
Doesn't Dan hate sunflowers? Maybe that was what he had to promise in return to get Phil to do a picture in the cheese dress... :illuminati:
Last edited by freesocks on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

no dan i couldn't tell because i don't really trust you to have done a better job
thank's you were great
iero
phabergé

imagining phil painting dan's nails is just making me :garbage:
eevee
emo goose

PHIL PAINTING DANS NAILS IM SO DEAD
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm
I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

I actually don't think it's disrespectful - no one broke into their apartment and stole a copy or got it through any illicit means. OP specifically stated that there was no embargo. The game showed up in a bookstore with no instructions, it seems, to not go ahead and buy it? That's no different than if a store had accidentally put it out on the shelf and someone picked it up. It's just like a few weeks ago when IRL Store sent out a backpack early and mistakenly. There's absolutely no reason that fandoms, or any particular member of a fandom, should be hated because companies make mistakes.
I agree with alittledizzy. This was sent to a bookstore legally by the company, not stolen due to an iCloud hack.

I'm kinda surprised that the company is asking the Internet to take down the pictures...that's kinda a...naiive move on their part. Do they know what the Internet is?

Dan and Phil should do what celebs etc normally do when something is leaked so close to its official release date...announce it early. They're not doing themselves any favors by letting information about it they don't control spread underground.

That being said I am extremely pumped for this game. Finally, a dan and phil merch item I'm not only happy about, but excited to buy, and excited to actually use! I'm gonna make all my friends play this with me at parties...I usually go for "Never Have I Ever" but they're all sick of that...........perfect! :devious: I'm gonna whip this out of my bag at all the future parties....

Anyone know if it'll be sold in American stoers?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
freesocks
spork

lurker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:09 pm no dan i couldn't tell because i don't really trust you to have done a better job
Yikes, I just noticed how messy the nail polish is. If he needs someone to help him paint his nails in the future, I volunteer as tribute, although that would be pretty hard since I live on a different continent. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

You know what Dan should do to avoid getting questions about the board game?

Talk about the week in march a week later :lol:

I truly crack myself up with these wild ideas
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Yep, he said there's "no way in heck" he's finishing the video tonight, which I suppose one could speculate could be partially because they had some behind the scenes reorganizing to do with the game leak, but could also be because of procrastination and perfectionism. Not complaining nor blaming, I'm perfectly happy with a ls. Maybe Phil will drop in for a promo of the game and/or the cause. Dan mentioned peer pressuring him into the cheese costume this evening, which could just be for a photo, though I would die to see him in it live next to Dan.

I'm soft about the nail painting. My husband paints his nails and I've started painting mine, but there is no way he would agree to paint each other's. Go get a mani pedi together sure, but apparently we don't have the same level of trust or bonding. My husband's nails tend to look just like Dan's after painting them. He's not overly careful as the color will come off the skin after multiple hand washes. I'm much more meticulous and will go back in with a q-tip and nail polish remover after it's dried because I'm just that impatient. I would have painted mine yellow today, if I hadn't just done a brilliant dark purple two days ago.

Aww baby Dan selfie. I'm guessing a fan submitted that and it was somehow a happy accident that the org shared it.