Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

You can make your first post here!
Skylar
long-time wanker
Pronouns: they/their/them

Re: Getting-to-know-you-game: JOIN OR DIE

Post by Skylar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:20 am

can i do this more than once boy i sure hope so bc i love oversharing

-i recently learned i might possibly have autism. haven't been diagnosed professionally yet, but i hope to be some time soon. i have a lot of symptoms and my mom said that i showed a /lot/ of symptoms growing up (and still do) but my dad refused to get me diagnosed bc he didnt want to acknowledge i might have it.

-recently learned i also have GAD and not just depression and social anxiety. i didn't know i was diagnosed with that as well. o-o

-i go by skylar pretty much everywhere on the internet but since i am not really "out" about being nonbinary irl i still go by my birth name in public/irl :/

-i am a huge fan of other youtubers especially jacksepticeye, shane dawson (oooo the controversy) and others that i would get hated on for most likely

-i really like a lot of tv shows specifically my little pony: friendship is magic, steven universe, star vs the forces of evil, riverdale, the good doctor, and rick and morty

-i love collecting stickers an try to convince my mom to buy them for me nearly every time we go to dollar general or any store like that

-i'm a huge nerd for halloween despite being a big scaredy cat and still trick or treat at nearly 20 years old (but idc i can pass for 15 k)

uhh thats all i can think of currently i guess. if i have anymore i can think of then i'll add/post them later c:
"My friends mustn't see the midnight in me.."

sorryimnotclever
crusty sponge

Post by sorryimnotclever » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:01 am

Ooh this is kind of intimidating.
Hi I'm 18, graduated high school a couple months ago and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. Everyone around me is going to college and I haven't even gone outside my house in weeks, so cheers to being too anxious to go outside!

I guess I'm being slightly productive at home, Im learning to read Braille, and studying to learn Korean. I've realized it's considered really hard to learn Korean but I'm in too deep already, oops.

I've also been drawing and painting everyday, which was always a huge passion of mine for as long as I could hold a pencil. People say I should major in art but honestly, I've never really enjoyed art classes too much. I find it really limiting and exhausting being told what to draw, and I wouldn't want my source of income depend on art since I'm very anxious and wouldn't do well trying to make it a business.

I also used to play violin in school for about 7 years, and I would say I was a decent player. I would practice for hours and hours everyday and I found it really enjoyable. My violin was school property so when I graduated I couldn't take it, and I've really been missing playing with my group, but I can't afford to buy one so I'm kind of sad about that.

Other than Deppy I've mostly been watching reaction channels lately. I never thought that would be me, but I have no friends and I spend all my time at home alone, so having someone watch videos with me is kind of nice...and really pathetic tbh...but let's move on haha

I used to read a lot when I was younger, I'm talking thirty books in like three months, maybe I should start reading again. I think I stopped because I would finish a book and realize it was all over and real life was back and it was never as good as the books, and that was kind of depressing.

Wow, I sound like a really depressing person to be around. I swear I'm not! Well I mean kind of, but I always try to make everyone around me laugh and have a nice time.

Honestly there's so many subjects and things that interest me like Language, Sociology and Psychology, Environmental Studies, Music Theory, Graphic Design and Advertising, History (especially U.S History, I had a really passionate teacher that made me love the subject because she didn't shine over the bad parts of our history, well their history...I'm originally from Mexico, but I've lived here quite a bit, I don't know what I'd be considered) Anyways, lots of subjects that I love but I don't know if I would want them to turn into careers.

I really love music but I'm kind of afraid to talk about it with people because everyone thinks I'm always joining current trends. I mean it's kind of true, but I don't intentionally do it, I just like what I like, I don't really care how popular or unpopular it is. Except country, I really can't stand it, shout out to my art teacher who played the same country station the entire year...I had her for three or five hours every day and she somehow got me to like the same three songs they would play on the radio.
(Dirty Laundry, Blue Ain't Your Color, and Neon Moon if you're curious, they're alright)

I don't know why I wrote so much, guess I needed to vent a bit about what's going on in my life, plus I tend to waffle on and on about things that don't really matter, anyways bye, and I hope you have a nice day!!
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child

GdVibesONlyxx
smol bean

Post by GdVibesONlyxx » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 pm

hi,

something I wouldn't tell complete strangers?
I'm a pretty private person, so I wouldn't tell them very much at all.

Still, in the spirit of participation.

- I'm bi, or pansexual, or both?
- I think I might be gender fluid, but I'm still working that one out
- I secretly still want to be a writer, but I don't think that will ever happen
- i wish i didn't have to live in the 'real world', sometimes I think it would be easier to retreat to the friendly world of my imagination.

- ross

mermaid blood
angel bean squish
angel bean squish
Pronouns: she/her

Post by mermaid blood » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 am

GdVibesONlyxx wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 pm

- i wish i didn't have to live in the 'real world', sometimes I think it would be easier to retreat to the friendly world of my imagination.
you and me both, Ross, you and me both.
art in avatar by Lily