Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

Like others have said, I loved the closet clip (complete with amazing Phil bedding) and hair dye joke, both iconic. I feel bad for him pretending to be straight until 18... And getting outed :cry:
Wonder how many guys Phil had over his parents for 'sleepovers' besides Dan? :P

Need a like or comment or something from Dan and from some noteable people - feel like he's not going to get as much attention from his video as Dan did. Sure he probably doesn't want lots of attention and it was low key, and not a dramatic 45 min epic regarding labels etc too, but still... Hector commented which is nice :love1:

He is trending on Twitter :wavingflag:

But come on Dan, stop with the instagram-following spree and give Phil's video some love!!
firsttimeposter
living flop

Oh phil :happytears:
See, I’ve been rewatching loads of old videos after dan posted his coming out, as so much, dare I say it, hits differently, but with phil’s video especially.. I would’ve never guessed that he was totally, completely not into girls. I’m soo proud of him for finally telling us, and now I feel like I need to watch every single phil video ever... brb :wavingflag: knowing that every mention of attraction towards women he’s made has been him covering up makes me so sad:’(. and this video felt, for many genuine reasons, more relatable to me than dans.. funny how different experiences can be tackling life.

wow but both dan and phil are out now, on their own terms and spoken directly with their words. I’m so happy, I haven’t stopped smiling since the 13th and phil just extended it haha.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Hilariously even more relevant now
noodlebum
flower crown

Also so sad how like he said, when not straight you have to come out basically forever... Like in Simon Vs The Homosapiens Agenda, everyone should have to come out including straight people, not it be presumed. Not likely, but an interesting idea
Phantasy
woodland creature

So much gay, so little month. :prideheart2:

There is something really endearing about Phil who has been comfortably out to family, friends and even casual acquaintances for years, to share this with his wider audience only after Dan was ready to live openly.
<3
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

LMAOO I forgot to mention, I love how teenage Phil "got some experience" by drunkenly kissing his straight friends........what a touch-starved gay mood
taco baco
dank meme

I guess those people on Reddit claiming to have pictures of Phil’s supposed girlfriend/wife feel dumb af right now.

Okay but I started crying when I saw the video I love him so much.
oi he's mine
dontpanic
#relatable

noodlebum wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm Like others have said, I loved the closet clip (complete with amazing Phil bedding) and hair dye joke, both iconic. I feel bad for him pretending to be straight until 18... And getting outed :cry:
Wonder how many guys Phil had over his parents for 'sleepovers' besides Dan? :P

Need a like or comment or something from Dan and from some noteable people - feel like he's not going to get as much attention from his video as Dan did. Sure he probably doesn't want lots of attention and it was low key, and not a dramatic 45 min epic regarding labels etc too, but still... Hector commented which is nice :love1:

He is trending on Twitter :wavingflag:

But come on Dan, stop with the instagram-following spree and give Phil's video some love!!
Don't worry, Dan liked the video almost immediately. That's how I saw that Phil uploaded
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Okay wow, I really thought that tweet was all we would get from Phil regarding that topic! I love how he opened up without actually opening up, that's so Phil and will still help so many people :prideheart2:

I must say though, it's intriguing to have him talk about coming out to random people in a shop - was he completely open irl this whole time? Like, can anyone imagine that all the YouTubers he's ever interacted with on more than just a superficial level knew? Or several people at the BBC? Because I cannot. And he also seems to have very casual coming outs, which will usually lead people to believe they can just mention your sexuality to others. I don't know, I just don't see him casually mentioning he's gay to YouTubers and not a single one of them talking about it.

Anyway, this pride month was such a blessing :wavingflag:
pulvis et umbra sumus
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm Wonder how many guys Phil had over his parents for 'sleepovers' besides Dan? :P
I actually assumed it was just Dan he was talking about! Phil only moved home from university a few weeks before Dan came to visit for the first time. Unless he meant he had guys over while he was home visiting for holidays or something. He was in York through late September 2009.
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

taco baco wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:18 pm I guess those people on Reddit claiming to have pictures of Phil’s supposed girlfriend/wife feel dumb af right now.

Is this actually a thing? :lol: I'm sure Janice is shocked at the news.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

pilotlight wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:26 pm
taco baco wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:18 pm I guess those people on Reddit claiming to have pictures of Phil’s supposed girlfriend/wife feel dumb af right now.

Is this actually a thing? :lol: I'm sure Janice is shocked at the news.
Yep, see spoiler in quote :rofl:

000dia000 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:57 pm Taking this comment in point...I've never read a more out of touch comment (and the ratio of upvotes to downvotes on each comment :roll: ) I honestly wish I had this person's confidence:

Ignoring the address comment, which has merit, what the fuck are they talking about? And the follow up:

Like, WHAT pictures? Seriously, WHAT pictures? WHAT planet does this person live on? Is Phil not allowed to have any friends or have a professional relationship with any woman without people automatically saying they are his girlfriend? Do they not understand the wife-Janice meme?

Anyways, I mostly wanted to share this interaction because I couldn't get it out of my mind. Also found a comment saying that they knew Phil from school and he seemed like a nice guy at the time, which was nice to see.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Secretstanner
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:22 pm
noodlebum wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm Wonder how many guys Phil had over his parents for 'sleepovers' besides Dan? :P
I actually assumed it was just Dan he was talking about! Phil only moved home from university a few weeks before Dan came to visit for the first time. Unless he meant he had guys over while he was home visiting for holidays or something. He was in York through late September 2009.
I agree this is what I understood too. The cough was dans name. I first thought the “ who I was hanging out with “ was hinting to them staying over but that bits separate. I listened again and I still think the cough is a hint towards dan
Aeryth
squish

what a time to be alive

when Dan says his "I'm gay", every time I rewatch it, I still shake inside a little, it feels like a huge step, it's a revelation

Phil says the words like ten times in his vid, and it's so casual, like, "okay, you knew it, I knew it, my friends knew it, my cat knew it, EVERYONE knew it." he did it in such a Phil way, I can't describe how proud and happy I am to have him as my favourite person in the world, there are actual butterflies in my stomach

I love Phil Lester :prideheart2: :love1: :prideheart2:
Evening42
dank meme

So proud of Phil. Despite the fact that he’s a very private person, he’s come out in the hope of helping others. Such a nice guy. The video was funny and sweet and uplifting.
liola
rankussy

My heart is in shambles
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
AltMay
glabella

Man... i'm... idk how i'm gonna survive this year tbh. These two are killing me. I'm so emotional and proud of them! Never in a million years i thought we'd get a coming out video from him. And it was perfectly Phil.

And the way they support eachother never ceases to amaze me. Real true love huh.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Damn you Howell, now my eyes are leaking again. :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

I can't decide whether it's more surprising that Dan wasn't out to his family until this month, or that Phil was out to acquaintances, shopkeepers, and mail deliverers for 10+ years. :sherlock:

Unrelated, I'd like to start a petition to remove this emoji from the arsenal: :2012:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I just. Fuck. I can't stop FEELING. So much love and pride for them :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Aww the phil "If you're in manchester, ask me out on a date" clip from pre-Dan 2009 is so cute but a little sad now (can't remember the video but if you know it, please link it.)
basicallyimlesbian
tol bean

I adore how naturally he says "I'm gay". I've been out for 7 years (since I was 15) and I'm gay comes very naturally to me and it was sweet to see he has the same comfort in the word. I hope people who don't have the comfort will see him and have hope.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love love love Alli being one of the first people to respond to both of them (from the youtube community). For anyone that doesn't follow her, she used to be married to a daily vlogger (Charles Trippy) and came out after she divorced him and has been dating women for the past couple years.

She was also with them in Jamaica and now the moments of her booping Dan's nose while Dan and Phil were laying on the boat and when she called them a 'cute kayak couple' will have even more sentimental value to me.
plastictrees
drama llama

lilabet wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:46 pm
i her so much omg. wonder if martyn will day anything?

i hope he gets as many lovely tweets from other creators as dan did! i know privacy is he thing but i stan supportive internet people pls