Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Instagram is killing the feature that lets you see what people like... I wonder how much Dan and Phil are celebrating being able to use IG just a little bit more freely now?
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 am Instagram is killing the feature that lets you see what people like... I wonder how much Dan and Phil are celebrating being able to use IG just a little bit more freely now?
Honestly, good for them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My random thought of the day:

I really would love to know how much Phil's health scare last year played into how they've gone about this year, project sphere and all of that?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm My random thought of the day:

I really would love to know how much Phil's health scare last year played into how they've gone about this year, project sphere and all of that?
Ooohh this is such an interesting thought! They 1000% did a fantastic job of downplaying how terrifying that really was on social media (which is great because as a mass the phandom is prone to panic over the smallest things), but of course it's still scary. Phil's wording in the video is very careful, especially around Dan. He says things like when Dan finds him he starts "freaking out a bit", and then Phil admitting that he overworks himself which is why it happened. And then tying that into DML2 where he talks about both of them working non-stop, I can imagine that with the pause on dapg and Dan needing to get to a place where he could make BIG, they must have had a conversation about this and how to move forward with where they are in their lives now. And I guess we don't actually know everything that goes on behind the scenes like Phil said, but I can imagine deciding what to take a break on must have given them some wiggle room to breathe for a bit, which I think they need, all things considered, and I'm glad they're on that path.
stufflizloves
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 pm My random thought of the day:

not to be dramatic (or treat them like porcelain baby dolls) but my first thought after Phil shared about his dads cancer battle in Draw My Life Part 2, was how that context makes Phil’s health scare last fall all the more frightening for him (and tangentially, Dan.) i’m just glad they have each other to lean on, professionally & personally. ❤️
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:36 am Instagram is killing the feature that lets you see what people like... I wonder how much Dan and Phil are celebrating being able to use IG just a little bit more freely now?
does this include not being able to see who has liked whatever post you're looking at? or just removing the activity of people you follow section? because if it's just that then i don't think they'd change the way they use instagram. i can't even imagine, now that they're out, what kind of stuff they'd want to secretly be liking...
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

So Dan’s not doing anything public for World Mental Health Day? Not even merch?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Susanisnotafish wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am So Dan’s not doing anything public for World Mental Health Day? Not even merch?
I mean, we don't really know that. At least not until October 10th comes and goes in the UK. I think he'll probably say something, if not even just retweet something related to Young Minds.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:27 am
Susanisnotafish wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:04 am So Dan’s not doing anything public for World Mental Health Day? Not even merch?
I mean, we don't really know that. At least not until October 10th comes and goes in the UK. I think he'll probably say something, if not even just retweet something related to Young Minds.
I think he'll say something but they usually wait until messages will hit the biggest audience worldwide, which is later in the day for UK people.

Even if he doesn't, I hope there's not negative backlash. I think having the responsibility to be open and vulnerable about really hard and personal issues at the demand of an audience is probably something that has always scared them. It would scare me. It's easy to think "Not even a tweet?" but sometimes that shit is hard. Especially since you know Dan is receiving an inundation of really raw personal messages from fans that, depending on his own headspace right now, may feel like a lot of responsibility or even be triggering.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:yellowheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Just out here loving Dan :blackheart:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

dan being cute and funny and supporting world mental health day. :yellowheart:
and also potentially ending moving theories 👀

edited to add: same.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

rip to the moving theories...

and....is it just me or does dan appear to be....naked.....underneath that drawing :?
Last edited by sugar on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stufflizloves
living flop

sonicgreen wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:20 pm dan being cute and funny and supporting world mental health day. :yellowheart:
and also potentially ending moving theories 👀

edited to add: same.
doooes...he have pants on? hm. hello yellow i guess
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sugar wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm rip to the moving theories...

and....is it just me or does dan appear to be....naked.....underneath that drawing :?
Moving theories aren't dead imo - someone pointed out that they just got haircuts like a week ago but Dan's is pretty grown out in that picture. I'm calling it: old selfie.
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh Dan, where's your pastel pinks, you look great in it!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

new closet, old selfie methinks.

but also. is dan in his undies?
knq
lava lamp

At this point it’s been well established that Dan never wears pants unless he has to. And sometimes he doesn’t wear them when he has to either.

The drawing though. Is he a mermaid on fire?

The message is very wholesome and the image is very Dan, the perfect mix.

eta: Phil liking Dan’s tweet :o it’s almost like they follow each other!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The no-pants discourse is funny. Does he mind us imagining him in the nudey-dudeys? Cos I am. My first thought on his fabulous drawing skills was of the cheese dress.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I love this response he has about shame. That's such an important point and I love him for being vulnerable enough to make it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Yes! It’s a huge part of the problem. Not understanding that it’s valid, you’re valid, it adds so much more to the problem than there needs to be.
bevioletsky
glabella

I’m generally on team moving is imminent, but I have to admit I haven’t been fully convinced that they’ve moved yet? The tweets the other week - which to me came surprisingly quickly after DML2, and in a weird order - were for sure suspicious, because haven’t they been complaining that they literally cannot get a better internet connection at their current place. But is there a chance they/their landlord could’ve just had a fibre put in or something? That might be when the presumably real problem with the bathroom floor was discovered as well.

They for sure weren’t out of their flat(s?) two weeks ago when Phil’s video was filmed, to me the set doesn’t seem to have moved at all. Mostly what has me doubting are Phil’s liveshows, though. Last Sunday he showed the props from his merch shoot laying on the floor, and it seems unlikely to me that they would’ve unpacked random crap like that at a new house already, so I think it’s most likely the same room where they did the shoot (do we know which room it was from the insta stories of Dan putting glitter on Phil’s face?), and therefore that would mean good internet at their current (that we know of) place. Tangentially I wonder if BIG was filmed in the same room as well - there’s a moment in it where Dan reaches for his phone and it’s on something quite close to the camera, possibly a table, so the space doesn’t seem massive which would seem to fit with that room. It would be like them to have had some kind of a backdrop and the lights still there when they decided to do the merch shoot, and now Phil could be using the room to do his streams in.

They have been acting kind of ~busy and suspicious with their indeterminate backgrounds (and I definitely buy those being for them to make moving them easier/needing to share less of their living arrangements) so I do get it but I’m just not there yet. Posting old photos or stories doesn’t hold too much weight for me, they do that shit whenever. Anyway, now I feel like I’ve simultaneously put way too fucking much and not enough thought into this, so I won’t be mad if I’m wrong and they have indeed moved or are in some kind of a transitional period of doing up a new home right now - in fact if they somehow sense that I decided to express a lukewarm opinion on the internet and want to prove me wrong by telling that they’ve moved tomorrow, I’ll be delighted. Whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dan’s tweets and stories are v sweet, lol @ the drawing of yellow clothes. The artistry jumped out. Also that wardrobe pic is quite satisfying to look at.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Okay, now I just want to know the history of that selfie?? Was he just feelin himself that day? New underwear maybe? Looks like he’s maybe got his crop top sweater on, and is that his leg he’s got kicked up on the wall? I have all the questions!

The jumbled timelines (measured by haircuts) and cropped backgrounds are really suspicious. I’m on moving hill, but mostly because I want to think they are super busy with something and not what I really suspect that they are 50% busy with some new projects and 50% Dan playing Guild Wars not knowing what he wants to do next.

If they aren’t in the process of moving, I wonder if the lack of apartment views might simply be because they’ve stopped hiding signs they are a couple, so maybe they’ve put up pictures, changed bedrooms (no more sets) and generally have more of their joint life on display through decorations and furnishings.
:shrug:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Wow they used a very old photo of Dan for that article but still proud of him for getting in there. I suspect he's still got a active manager since usually those kinds of lists come directly from who is on the push for PR. Or there's a phannie at BI that pushed for his inclusion, which I wouldn't put past us.

Good job Dannyboy.

I'm still on moving hill with my "old selfie" cooler.