Dan & Phil Part 91: A Decade of Deppy

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

I love Hector's drawing replies so much. Look at the little jacket potato :loveeyes:
stufflizloves
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

random, but this reply has me wondering..when was the last time Dan WORE a cardigan? i so associate cardigan!dan with 2009/2010!dan
Last edited by alittledizzy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

stufflizloves wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 pm random, but this reply has me wondering..when was the last time Dan WORE a cardigan? i so associate cardigan!dan with 2009/2010!dan
I know he wore them in 2012/13 to do Becky and Jessica in his videos, so I guess around then? But—and correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have a copy handy—I think he also took some pics for tabinof in his cardigans? But that isnt indicative of if he wears them or not. I'd assume maybe around 2013 he stopped. I think oversized jumpers took over in the cozy warmth department.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I think he was wearing one in his BBC interview with Ben Hunte this year?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:50 pm I think he was wearing one in his BBC interview with Ben Hunte this year?
Don't ask me why I'm so passionate about this cardigan discussion lol but I believe he was wearing a kind of bomber jacket thing. You can see it more closely here. It reminds me of what he wore for The Outfit™ in 2015.
stufflizloves
living flop

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:50 pm I think he was wearing one in his BBC interview with Ben Hunte this year?
oh you are absolutely right. (but was it technically a jacket?)

pouring one out for all the dan videos that i would love that don’t meet the “quality threshold”...like a [whoevever] picks my outfit-type of video. i would love to see dans fashion waffles. it’s a subject i think he has genuine interest in and i would love to witness the process (i feel like we got a taste of that in the week-in-the-life video with the mail romper bit.) though, i suppose, different forms of black garments might get a bit repetitive. i would still watch it
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Idk, that does look quite cardiganny, but also doesn’t look like it’s meant to be done up/close so maybe it’s a kind of jacket. Cardigans do give him more of a sweet, soft vibe, though.

Oh, a viewers pick my outfits video... he looked so cute in Phil’s clothes in ‘giving the people what they want’, a whole video with a variety of outfits would be glorious (and no doubt partly ridiculous). I mean, Phil’s gave us the iconic cheese. Dammit, though, the purple wool subtle-tartan suit I found would have looked so good on him. Please, Danny.
kavat
pastel persona

About once a month I remember how much I want Dan to go on Jim Chapman's In the closet series, where he talks to people about their closets and favorite clothes. He's done episodes with Tom Daley, Joe Sugg etc and they're really interesting. I would love a deep dive into Dan's closet.
stufflizloves
living flop

kavat wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:57 pm About once a month I remember how much I want Dan to go on Jim Chapman's In the closet series, where he talks to people about their closets and favorite clothes. He's done episodes with Tom Daley, Joe Sugg etc and they're really interesting. I would love a deep dive into Dan's closet.
oh why would you say that now it’s literally all that i wantttttt

*cries*
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Have people in the US received Dan’s candle yet? I don’t know if I should be worried that the money was taken but I haven’t received a shipment notification.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Susanisnotafish, I haven't received my Dandles yet, but I got a shipment notification the day after I placed my order. I should note that I placed my order with the worldwide shop because it was cheaper, and I've anecdotally heard about problems with the timeliness and correctness of orders placed with the US shop. Also, in the off-chance you had a hoodie in your order, your entire order won't ship until 11/11 at the earliest.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Well, I just lost my mind and ordered both candles. Those bastards know that this is the time of year when people like me start flashing our credit cards around like fools in the name of the festive season (For real, though, I did want the candles, I can afford them, I am going to burn the hell out of them.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Came across this on my twitter timeline today and I have to share because it truly is a glorious moment and makes me laugh. (Mayhaps I miss them :/)
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Philly getting busy
Oh, that time Dan bopped him in the mouth. He did not look happy.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm Came across this on my twitter timeline today and I have to share because it truly is a glorious moment and makes me laugh. (Mayhaps I miss them :/)
Thank you so much for giving me the perfect excuse to remember and post my favorite Meet & Greet moment ever. :D
itasca00 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:18 pm I think about this video a lot.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil has been exceptionally funny lately. I can’t wait for his new video
noodlebum
flower crown

His montage had me hysterical, so funny, him watering the veg with the pleasant music playing in the background :lol:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

noodlebum wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:35 pm His montage had me hysterical, so funny, him watering the veg with the pleasant music playing in the background :lol:
Maybe it's because it's late here but i literally laughed and I'm ordering Phil's candle now, just because he manages to look funny and wholesome at the same time watering some vegetables. (So that's what it takes for me to buy merch then...)

This has probably been asked before, but how big is his fox jumper? I've wanted it for a while now but I'm not sure what size to get as a (UK) size 14. I don't want it to be too tight but I usually wear size M but the website says 14 equates to L so now I'm not sure.
Philena
blobfish

Katka wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:40 pm
noodlebum wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:35 pm His montage had me hysterical, so funny, him watering the veg with the pleasant music playing in the background :lol:
Maybe it's because it's late here but i literally laughed and I'm ordering Phil's candle now, just because he manages to look funny and wholesome at the same time watering some vegetables. (So that's what it takes for me to buy merch then...)

This has probably been asked before, but how big is his fox jumper? I've wanted it for a while now but I'm not sure what size to get as a (UK) size 14. I don't want it to be too tight but I usually wear size M but the website says 14 equates to L so now I'm not sure.
The fox jumper is tricky, imo. I am a uk 10 and I have the jumper in L. It fits a little bit baggy on me, but is super long. It hits me mid-thigh and I am 5'9". It is also not a very stretchy material. Hope this helps!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m 5’5” and size 16 and mine’s an XL, not baggy at all, not too tight either, still it’s snug.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It’s such a weird sizing lol. I’m a UK 10-12 and I got the L, which was what I needed according to the size chart, and it was stupid bonkers huge. (Which is most likely because I’m under 5 foot; it’s nearly down to my knees.) I got the S a bit later and it fits perfectly (as does the corgi jumper in S, which is a bit bigger). But there’s no *way* I’m a size 6 so idk. :lol:

I went for a M in Dan’s new hoodie as the sizes look quite a bit smaller than his previous hoodies... hope it fits ...
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I just remembered they put the measurements on them too, though they change them from inches to centimetres and half to full chest, but that’s how I worked out the right size.

That video clip, Dan’s quite sweet just taking the camera while they’re ignoring him. Damn, he looks good too (they all do tbh).
Ataraxia25
flower crown

On the topic of merch :

I don't know if it's a decision from IRL or from the UK post or from the French post or if it's always this way, but my package was labelled as "Responsible Delivery - CO2 Neutral" and I'm very happy about it. I don't remember seeing it on my previous merch packages.
:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Jeez people are talented. This feels like an acid trip in the true spirit of Phil content.
Birdie
blobfish

flarequake wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:53 pm I just remembered they put the measurements on them too, though they change them from inches to centimetres and half to full chest, but that’s how I worked out the right size.
I didn't even see those, I'll have a look at them but I'll probably go with the bigger size just to be safe. Thanks for the help, guys!