Dan & Phil Part 92: japhan 2.0

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
stufflizloves
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

i understand literally nothing about pokémon since it was never my bag (i do love dnps continued faithful devotion to it over the years).. so i don’t really understand any of dans tweets/interactions but kudos for sharing slice of life, dhizzle. it’s literally all i want (technically speaking that’s not totally true...that instastory earlier made me a little homesick for his laughter. i still miss the gaming channel. i will *always* miss the gaming channel, especially at christmas time.)

i promise this was supposed to be genuine praise not bitter melancholy...must work on my tone.
knq
lava lamp

stufflizloves wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:55 pm i understand literally nothing about pokémon since it was never my bag (i do love dnps continued faithful devotion to it over the years).. so i don’t really understand any of dans tweets/interactions but kudos for sharing slice of life, dhizzle. it’s literally all i want (technically speaking that’s not totally true...that instastory earlier made me a little homesick for his laughter. i still miss the gaming channel. i will *always* miss the gaming channel, especially at christmas time.)

i promise this was supposed to be genuine praise not bitter melancholy...must work on my tone.
I feel that. I finally got brave enough to try a few other gaming channels recently and I'm so happy to have something light and funny to put on in the background again. John Green's Fortnite Pacifist series on hankgames had me cry-laughing. Unfortunately that channel isn't frequently updated anymore either, but it gave me a taste for gaming videos again, and now I'm watching Markiplier.

The videos I laugh at most on both their channels--and Dan and Phil's and Rose and Rosie's kinda obviously--are always the ones where there's more than one person playing a game. Listening to people laugh and be entertaining with friends is such a different experience than one person gaming, even if they're quite funny.

I miss that from Dan and Phil, but I also feel like I understand what Dan might have been getting at when he talked about feeling like he couldn't grow when he was consistently putting the gaming channel version of himself out there at VidCon. I still hope that eventually he'll feel he can work with Phil and be funny without shaping himself to the improv rather than the other way around... which is a sentence that probably only makes sense to me sorry.
stufflizloves
living flop

knq wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:57 pm
stufflizloves wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:55 pm i understand literally nothing about pokémon since it was never my bag (i do love dnps continued faithful devotion to it over the years).. so i don’t really understand any of dans tweets/interactions but kudos for sharing slice of life, dhizzle. it’s literally all i want (technically speaking that’s not totally true...that instastory earlier made me a little homesick for his laughter. i still miss the gaming channel. i will *always* miss the gaming channel, especially at christmas time.)

I feel that. I finally got brave enough to try a few other gaming channels recently and I'm so happy to have something light and funny to put on in the background again. John Green's Fortnite Pacifist series on hankgames had me cry-laughing. Unfortunately that channel isn't frequently updated anymore either, but it gave me a taste for gaming videos again, and now I'm watching Markiplier.

The videos I laugh at most on both their channels--and Dan and Phil's and Rose and Rosie's kinda obviously--are always the ones where there's more than one person playing a game. Listening to people laugh and be entertaining with friends is such a different experience than one person gaming, even if they're quite funny.

I miss that from Dan and Phil, but I also feel like I understand what Dan might have been getting at when he talked about feeling like he couldn't grow when he was consistently putting the gaming channel version of himself out there at VidCon. I still hope that eventually he'll feel he can work with Phil and be funny without shaping himself to the improv rather than the other way around... which is a sentence that probably only makes sense to me sorry.
these are great recommendations, i *love* hank & john greens podcast, but i haven’t watched john play fortnight. that sounds like the perfect comfort food for my evening. needed that tonight..thx @knq !!!!!! ❤️
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

As usual, it was nice to see Phil in his latest liveshow. It was good to hear some stories from Japan, and it was good to just catch up. Here are my highlights:
  • [1:10] Phil talks about his and Dan’s trip to Japan. He talks about it again at [2:08], [24:54], and [46:24]. Highlights include:
    • [5:55] Phil says that tourists are like ants in that they’ll only stick in the most touristy spaces. Whenever things got too crowded, he and Dan would take a side-street to a different road and just enjoy the culture there.
    • [6:29] Phil says he and Dan met three or four fans, including one at Tokyo DisneySea, but Japanese YouTubers tend to be the most famous YouTubers in Japan. In fact, Duncan and Mimei were recognized more than Dan and Phil.
    • [25:00] Phil talks about his and Dan’s experience with Mt. Inari. They went there after a full day of tourism, and they didn’t realize it was an actual mountain. As they climbed it, the sun went down, and Phil had a bit of a tantrum because he was so tired. Dan encouraged him to persevere to the summit, and that along with a sugary drink enabled Phil to complete the hike.
    • [29:26] Phil talks about Arashiyama Monkey Park Iwatayama. He enjoyed it, but it was also stressful because there were so many signs about what not to do with the wild monkeys. Mostly, though, the monkeys just had drama with each other.
    • [30:44] Phil talks about the bowing deer at Nara Park. They were really cute but also a bit scary. Phil was bitten on the ass about three times because the deer wanted his crackers.
  • [1:54] Phil isn’t sure yet whether he’s going to do a Christmas video.
  • [10:19] For the third year in a row, Phil ordered a Christmas tree from a company that promises that the tree will be delivered by a person wearing a kilt. Much to Phil’s chagrin/relief, for the third year in a row, the person who delivered the tree was not wearing a kilt.
  • [12:35] Phil discusses his and Dan’s latest merch drops. Phil especially likes Dan’s new skull sweater, and he’s been stealing it often when he’s not wearing his own new pajamas.
  • [18:02] Phil asks all of his liveshow viewers to go to danandphilshop.com, and he shows a live map of visitors to the site.
  • [20:37] Phil shows us Norman Cam, and he follows this up with Shrimp Cam at [22:52]. Apparently, while he and Dan were in Japan, one of the shrimp had eight babies.
  • [32:42] Phil reviews his Advent calendar. In the scene depicted on the front of the calendar, he’s disturbed by a squirrel making out with a camera, he’s upset that two animals peering through the window haven’t been invited to hang out with Santa, and he’s shocked by two animals engaging in some “cozy lovin’” on a curtain rail. He’s also disappointed that there aren't any pictures behind the doors of the advent calendar and that the chocolates aren’t shaped like anything.
  • [35:25] NEWS STORY OF THE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK: A puppy was born with a tail on its face.
  • [43:01] The spaghetti saga begins. Phil says he doesn’t strain his spaghetti. The saga continues at [43:49]. Phil says that he puts his puts his spaghetti in a sieve and pours boiling water on it, implying that this is the way he cooks it. Understandably, chat is incredulous, which prompts Phil to give a full description of how he cooks spaghetti. Here are his instructions: :?
    1. Get the hard spaghetti.
    2. Rinse off the sand.
    3. Put the water in the pan.
    4. Boil the spaghetti for about eight minutes.
    5. Put the spaghetti in a sieve.
    6. Pour hot water over it.
    7. Serve.
  • [46:55] Phil talks about the In This Place: Gaychester podcast episode he narrated on the Albert Kennedy Trust.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
nicky1388
spork

knq wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:57 pm

this may in fact be why I started randomly watching CaptainSparklez play Minecraft last year. I know NOTHING about minecraft but he usually plays with his friends (over headsets, but you can hear all the bants) and it's just fun and easy to watch. i never could really figure out why he was suddenly one of my favorites but i think you've just made me understand. i like gaming videos for the easy background noise.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Just in case anyone is interested, PJ’s Oscar’s Hotel is now on Amazon Prime. Dan and Phil voice Rash and Brie in episode 2. I had never seen it until just now. It’s my favorite voice work they’ve done!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm mildly obsessed right now with wondering what Dan and Phil are doing festively this season.

This is the sappiest thing I've posted in a while, but I sincerely hope they're doing things like taking walks to see the Christmas lights and shopping in town and critiquing each other's wrapping style and decorating things in a way that reflects what they like right now and not just traditions they need to keep for us. I hope Phil finds those ornaments and I hope they drink so much of his gingerbread hot chocolate that they're drowning in it and I hope they cuddle up under warm blankets and argue over watching Die Hard or Home Alone or every Christmas episode of Friends and I hope they're burning festively scented candles and blasting Mariah Carey.

I'm sure we'll get some holiday related tweets throughout the month and I am ready to squeak over breadcrumbs like the smitten fool that I am, because I know this attitude gets a lot of critique but their happiness makes me happy and idk at the end of the day I feel like being happy because someone else is happy isn't the worst thing in the world.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

first, alittledizzy makes me emotional with that post.

and then i have to go get slapped in the face with:
anyway, happy ~official~ 10th anniversary, boys. we're generally assuming it was within the last 2 days right? and i'm a wreck over it. feelin' the happy feels.

:happytears:
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 pm /.../ at the end of the day I feel like being happy because someone else is happy isn't the worst thing in the world.
I want this on a t‐shirt.

Also +1 to your whole post :happytears: :festivedeppy:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I also hope they find the decorations, they were the sweetest collection of fluffy white animals, I’d be sad if they’re lost.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I’m so confused with how they could just lose them so I hope they really are just misplaced. I do find it odd that they might be at the irl offices though especially since dnp have so much space
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:56 pm I’m so confused with how they could just lose them so I hope they really are just misplaced. I do find it odd that they might be at the irl offices though especially since dnp have so much space
I didn't take it as 'lost' so much as the tree got delivered and the ornaments weren't in the first couple of places Phil looked. Unless they really have moved already, I can't see how they'd have legitimately lost them.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Amiaw wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:35 pm
omg lol! the end of times is nigh. phil has officially run out of ideas for tweets. :rofl:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

This is sending me :rofl:. He re-used an old tweet and on the same day too, like... how... why...
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

Why is it on the same day though? That’s so weird!

eta: I’m not a butterglutton anymore! Huzzah!
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm so confuuuuuused
Amiaw
interactive introvert

The same day and they were tweeted 5 minutes apart. It’s so funny 😂
noodlebum
flower crown

Has to be on purpose surely! :? :lol:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I totally missed the liveshow and am about to watch this evening but came on IDB first and I am just like dan and phil went to Japan Disney and didn’t post anything about it. damn them both 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kavat
pastel persona

Here's a theory:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Glitching with a nose itch and turning into rabbits? The theory could lead us down a rabbithole, I guess ;)
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

There has to be a reason behind it especially as it’s on the same day 😂 this is too funny. I hope he notices the people tweeting about it we need an answer haha.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

missemma wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:17 pm
There has to be a reason behind it especially as it’s on the same day 😂 this is too funny. I hope he notices the people tweeting about it we need an answer haha.
This saga is the most interesting thing about my day.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil also replied to this tweet that mentioned a glitch. Is he playing with us?