Happiness Thread

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Kel, a four week old tiger cub girl at a rescue facility in Texas! They took her and her three brothers in after they were born at another facility and the mother rejected them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

For years, there was a commercial that I remembered from my adolescence, but, no matter how hard I looked, I simply could not find it online...until earlier this year. The commercial makes me happy (1) because I think it's funny and (2) because it represents a glorious Google victory. :lol:
Literally all I could remember was the image of the dog with the bone in the first version of the commercial and the lyrics "Big, big, big, big. *buh, buh* Big, big, big, big. *buh, buh* Big, big, and huge. Huge and big. Big and huuuuge!" You try searching that on Google, and see what you come up with! :lol:
Two versions (at least) of the commercial in question can be found in this video. One is at [10:46], and the other is at [26:40].
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

itasca00
moon room

Yay, this thread is finally back! :D

Today, I would like to bring to everyone's attention the fantastic YouTube series made by Tim Helbig that is the Helbig Ball! I love (and very much miss on YouTube) Tim, I love Grace, and I love their mom. Plus, I'm a sucker for the amazing science puns that Tim peppers throughout the series. I've linked to all three parts of this series (that include Tim's family) below.

In case seeing Tim is tickling something in the back of your Phandom brain, it's probably because Grace and Tim reacted on YouTube to Dan's SuperNote video in 2012. And then Dan saw their video and reacted to it in a liveshow. I've linked to all three videos (original, reaction, and reaction to reaction) below.

You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
kavat
pastel persona

Thank you for reminding me of Tim! Him gushing over Dan is so fub. Fave moments include:

Like four seconds into the video "Ooh... Oh my god that guy is charming"
"I'm sorry I couldn't hear you I was lost in his eyes"
"It's just... Hate-love him so much" (Feels like that summarizes a lot of people's feelings about the guy right now)
Phil enters: "Who the fuck is that"
"He's adorable. Did you watch the video? Sorry I can't even talk right now"

And to add my own happiness pill: Gourmet makes. This is 38 minutes of Claire Saffitz flavored joy.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

This kitty looks just like my black cat, and the message is both comforting and cracks me up every time.

:blackcat: Black cat bring good luck :blackcat:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
itasca00
moon room

If anyone is looking for some relaxing videos to watch, I highly recommend the YouTube channel Dianxi Xiaoge (滇西小哥) run by a woman called Apenjie. Apenjie lives in a rural area of Yunnan Province, China, and her videos show her making traditional dishes the traditional way, starting with her harvesting local ingredients and ending with her enjoying the meal with her whole family.

Unlike most cooking shows I've seen, these videos aim to be purely aesthetically pleasing rather than instructional. In fact, there's hardly any talking in most them, but there are professional English subtitles on all of her videos anyway. Apenjie is so skilled at what she does, and the way of preparing food/way of life shown in her videos is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before...I find her videos somewhat mesmerizing, lol.

Below, I've put the video that enticed me to seek out and subscribe to her channel, and I've put a few other good representative videos of hers under the spoiler.

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Everybody knows about the podcast "Dear Hank and John", even me. But I'd never really listened to it. Now I've been listening to one a day--while I'm doing a particular set of chores--and I've been really looking forward to it! It's so funny, nerdy, and chill, and they laugh so much. I know that I physically relax while listening to it.
:sleepypuppy:
"Why am I left-handed?"
kavat
pastel persona

lefthandedism wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:42 pm Everybody knows about the podcast "Dear Hank and John", even me. But I'd never really listened to it. Now I've been listening to one a day--while I'm doing a particular set of chores--and I've been really looking forward to it! It's so funny, nerdy, and chill, and they laugh so much. I know that I physically relax while listening to it.
:sleepypuppy:
Oh it's so fun, I love it. And if you like it I think you'll enjoy Delete this with Hank and his wife Katherine. It's even more chill, Katherine is hilarious and sometimes Cameo the Cat makes a cameo and purrs into the mic. 10/10.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Seconding kavat!! I love DHAJ but Delete This - Katherine particularly - really stole my heart.

Here's my random happy for the day:

jesp
why bother

itasca00 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:36 am Yay, this thread is finally back! :D

Today, I would like to bring to everyone's attention the fantastic YouTube series made by Tim Helbig that is the Helbig Ball! I love (and very much miss on YouTube) Tim, I love Grace, and I love their mom. Plus, I'm a sucker for the amazing science puns that Tim peppers throughout the series. I've linked to all three parts of this series (that include Tim's family) below.

In case seeing Tim is tickling something in the back of your Phandom brain, it's probably because Grace and Tim reacted on YouTube to Dan's SuperNote video in 2012. And then Dan saw their video and reacted to it in a liveshow. I've linked to all three videos (original, reaction, and reaction to reaction) below.

I love Tim so much! Used to have a bit of a crush on him too, so it's really great to be reminded of these videos. This video came right back to me reading this post too -

The Helbigs are great together.
jesp
why bother

Pretty sure just about everyone know about this, but Project Gutenberg has thousands of free ebooks to download for anyone looking for something to read.

Most are older books that are no longer copyrighted, there are tons of great ones to choose from, and I guess now is a great time to start reading some of them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

baby tigers playing in a pond for the first time

kavat
pastel persona

Jenna's dogs in blankets belong here.
itasca00
moon room

I was watching the episode of Cheers the clip below is from the other day, and every time I see it, it catches me off-guard and almost makes me cry. Yes, it's simple and silly...but it's also so sweet and pure, and watching it definitely makes me happy. :) Just skip the last seven seconds...I promise that part gets resolved by the end of the episode!

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

"Why am I left-handed?"
itasca00
moon room

It’s been a hard week for me personally, and the coronavirus pandemic did absolutely nothing to improve it. Thankfully, the excellent Twitter page scienceshitpost has allowed me to laugh through my tears, and today I am grateful for it. (And I am also very grateful to obsessivelymoody for retweeting them!) Below are a few of my favorite of their most recent tweets:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie