Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
simmehchan
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but does anyone know roughly what times Dan's show starts/ends? How long is it?

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm back from my journey to see Dan - and all of my friends ;_; I'm gonna get emo about it soon but the little IDB group we had there was so fun. I got to spend lots of time with some very, very lovely people.
simmehchan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 pm Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but does anyone know roughly what times Dan's show starts/ends? How long is it?
The show itself started around 7:30 for me, I think? And I would say it's about two hours with the intermission. The second half felt very short to me - like when I realized we were at The End I was actually surprised. But my show was also interrupted by a medical emergency so that might be part of why it felt disconcerting to me.
kavat
pastel persona

So I guess this is confirmation of a recording! Which is wonderful, the show is so good and I can't wait for everyone to see it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

They definitely should have done it before they actually put the video together, but it's good that they are before filming at least.

FYI if anyone is going to the second London show:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So Dan knows he has to get permission to use people’s content on youtube but he didn’t think to ask permission to use it on a stage show where he’s making a huge profit? Something seems pretty rotten about that
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Watching the whole sad Try Guys/Ned thing go down, it makes me grateful and very understanding why Dan and Phil do not want to confirm their relationship or make content focusing on their relationship. Trying to extricate their relationship being the core part of their branding is a good move, even if it is why many of us watch them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:47 pm Watching the whole sad Try Guys/Ned thing go down, it makes me grateful and very understanding why Dan and Phil do not want to confirm their relationship or make content focusing on their relationship. Trying to extricate their relationship being the core part of their branding is a good move, even if it is why many of us watch them.
Yep. And it's one reason I don't really expect them to ever do that. I think even if they confirmed in an absolutely unequivocal way that they were in a long term relationship that is still ongoing, their content wouldn't... change. It would still be focused on their friendship.

The Ned thing also made me remember when the Try Guys mocked Dan and Phil on stage in the closeted era. I've held a slight grudge since then, though obviously I wouldn't wish what Ned did on any of them. Also makes me very glad we really don't have to worry about Dan and Phil doing anything like that because they don't have employees that they work with on that regular a basis - they just have each other.
literally_formless
butt chair

I admit I also had a moment of imagining Phil pointing at the social media storm (and now actual newscycle storm) and saying SEE!? SEE?!

Aren't the IRL staff their employees?

::so excited for VPDO::
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I can't wait to see who 'people' are.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eeek Phil is there!
Dodie also posted an instagram story about going.
kavat
pastel persona

I think I also see Jack Howard, Ben Cook, Daniel J Layton, possibly Louise? And Cornelia.

Can't wait to stalk all of their socials during the evening to see what they think
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Louise also posted on Twitter about filming with someone tomorrow, and that her audience would be very excited she's filming with this person. Some phannies in the replies are hoping it's Dan, and I think that's possible. Wasn't there a screenshot of his texts asking people to join him on DD where he said "you can promote your new book"? Louise had a book come out fairly recently.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan and Phil leaving together!!
shan
morning quiff

I’m living for all the photos and videos of Phil at Dan’s show. It’s just so good to see his face again and it’s giving me all the warm fuzzies. Watching the video of them leaving together had me weirdly emotional, clearly I’ve been deprived of Phil for too long :lol:
LAshleigh wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:11 pm Louise also posted on Twitter about filming with someone tomorrow, and that her audience would be very excited she's filming with this person. Some phannies in the replies are hoping it's Dan, and I think that's possible. Wasn't there a screenshot of his texts asking people to join him on DD where he said "you can promote your new book"? Louise had a book come out fairly recently.
In the clip of Dan leaving the venue with Phil he mentions filming more eps of dystopia daily tomorrow so I’d say this is a pretty safe bet.

Also, I just saw on twitter that the Kitchener show has been cancelled. He had 6 Canadian shows and looking at the others, I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the later dates end up the same. It looks like they might have overestimated the interest there but there’s still a couple of months to go before the second round of Canadian shows so who knows.

One thing that didn’t occur to me until now is that everyone who had vip tickets to a cancelled show loses their chance to meet Dan unless they can find someone selling a vip ticket to a different one and can also travel for it. That must be rough.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

quietly dying over this. "amazingphil you must be so proud" - with the HEART and the RAINBOW emoji?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Okay so I have been not reading the transcripts to avoid getting spoiled DESPITE THE FACT THAT I WON'T BE SEEING THE SHOW TIL NOVEMBER. but now I'm like why does he have like foam blocks and a boomeraNG?
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

shan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:53 pm

Also, I just saw on twitter that the Kitchener show has been cancelled. He had 6 Canadian shows and looking at the others, I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the later dates end up the same. It looks like they might have overestimated the interest there but there’s still a couple of months to go before the second round of Canadian shows so who knows.

One thing that didn’t occur to me until now is that everyone who had vip tickets to a cancelled show loses their chance to meet Dan unless they can find someone selling a vip ticket to a different one and can also travel for it. That must be rough.
The Kichener show was canceled due to repair work; I looked at the venue's site and a bunch of other shows were canceled for the same reason. With that said, I'd love for someone at some point to do a business breakdown of this show. Like, my sense is it's doing well enough in terms of sales, but not selling out, but especially with inflation right now I'm quite curious how this will end up at the end of the tour in terms of profit/loss. To be clear, everything I'm seeing (without spoiling myself) is that show is a creative and personal success, I'm just curious about the business side of things since that's part of this whole endeavor too.

Also, all the content tonight has been fun to follow along with on social media! It's a good time <3
shan
morning quiff

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:18 am
shan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:53 pm Also, I just saw on twitter that the Kitchener show has been cancelled. He had 6 Canadian shows and looking at the others, I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the later dates end up the same. It looks like they might have overestimated the interest there but there’s still a couple of months to go before the second round of Canadian shows so who knows.

The Kichener show was canceled due to repair work; I looked at the venue's site and a bunch of other shows were canceled for the same reason. With that said, I'd love for someone at some point to do a business breakdown of this show. Like, my sense is it's doing well enough in terms of sales, but not selling out, but especially with inflation right now I'm quite curious how this will end up at the end of the tour in terms of profit/loss. To be clear, everything I'm seeing (without spoiling myself) is that show is a creative and personal success, I'm just curious about the business side of things since that's part of this whole endeavor too.
Oh I didn’t know that, that’s so disappointing. Shame they weren’t able to get another venue then but it is very last minute. Hopefully everyone who wants to is able to get tickets for/travel to a different show.

I’d be fascinated to see a breakdown too, most shows seem to have at least sold reasonably-to-very well so I’m sure it will be financially successful for him (as well as personally) but I’d really love to get some insight into the behind the scenes details of organising and executing a world tour. As someone who’ll have three world tours under his belt, that’d be a very interesting to hear him talk about!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:18 am The Kichener show was canceled due to repair work; I looked at the venue's site and a bunch of other shows were canceled for the same reason. With that said, I'd love for someone at some point to do a business breakdown of this show. Like, my sense is it's doing well enough in terms of sales, but not selling out, but especially with inflation right now I'm quite curious how this will end up at the end of the tour in terms of profit/loss. To be clear, everything I'm seeing (without spoiling myself) is that show is a creative and personal success, I'm just curious about the business side of things since that's part of this whole endeavor too.

Also, all the content tonight has been fun to follow along with on social media! It's a good time <3
[personal information removed at OP's request]
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

simmehchan wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:17 pm Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but does anyone know roughly what times Dan's show starts/ends? How long is it?
It’s about 2 and a half hours, starting at 7.30pm the interval has been about 8.40-9pm, then finishing by 10pm.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A review! The most relevant part being the bit about Phil Lester being a superstar.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

"the superstar that is Phil Lester"

Finally my boy Phil gets the recognition he deserves, we love to see it.

I guess the review is fair for an outsider's perspective, although I still feel the need to argue with it.