Requests

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
daphenaxa
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I compulsively want to like SO MANY posts and I feel all restless
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

felucca wrote:
oqua wrote:
felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
I tried but it just gives me an error message, saying The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 197 KiB.
Yeah sometimes remotely link will also not work, I had to resize and upload it
http://ezgif.com/resize
jess
living flop

sweetmm wrote:
felucca wrote:
oqua wrote:
felucca wrote:Also slightly emo that this forum only allows for 197 KiB avatars when GG allowed for 297, my licking!Dan is all tiny and blurry now.
The Avatar settings page says: "Please also note that file size limits are only imposed on uploaded avatars, they do not apply to remotely linked images." Is there a way you can remotely link yours?
I tried but it just gives me an error message, saying The avatar’s filesize must be between 0 and 197 KiB.
Yeah sometimes remotely link will also not work, I had to resize and upload it
http://ezgif.com/resize
Remote linking should work. Where are you trying to link from? I uploaded mine to giphy.com. Unfortunately, the site gives you a short URL when you upload, so you actually have to go in manually & find the real link to the GIF.

For example:

If you wanted to link winking Dan as your avatar, you'd have to link to this URL:

Code: Select all

https://media.giphy.com/media/5p7EdLwjR6XEA/giphy.gif
Instead of the link they provide:

Code: Select all

http://i.giphy.com/5p7EdLwjR6XEA.gif

The correct GIF URL can be found by right clicking on the image & selecting "copy image address" or whatever your browser's equivalent of that function is.

Hopefully that makes sense?
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

This isn't a design request, but I remember that someone was planning to do this on GG.

"The coincidences thread" How many times we "predicted" something or it seemed that they were reading threads on GG. Starting with the latest "What's in Dans hair".
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

I was wondering, about smileys, is there any way we could have them in categories? I remember doing that on my forums some time ago and it made it a bit easier to navigate. That would be amazing! :D

and if you ever need anything i used to be on many forums and own and manage some so i might remember some stuff. and i'm also not too bad at graphic design. so yeah if you need anything i am here
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
iero
phabergé

one suggestion, if it's possible, is to have the 'view new posts' link on every page? i can only see it if i go to the main page first
dno it just seems like it'll make checking for new posts a bit easier! that's if people other than me use that link
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

:rage:
shikaritrash wrote:First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

I was wondering, about smileys, is there any way we could have them in categories? I remember doing that on my forums some time ago and it made it a bit easier to navigate. That would be amazing! :D

and if you ever need anything i used to be on many forums and own and manage some so i might remember some stuff. and i'm also not too bad at graphic design. so yeah if you need anything i am here
What kind of organization do you suggest? They're basically organized with the more "normal" emoticons on the first page, and the more random ones only available if you click "view more smilies."
busy being happy~
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Poppin' in to note that there's a nice mobile mod with pretty solid reviews that could get this forum properly mobile-friendly: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... er_mobile/

It involves a bit of work, but I thought it could be handy if you guys wanna get that fancy. Haha.

I'm happy to help if needed. :)
shikaritrash

oqua wrote::rage:
shikaritrash wrote:First of all, thank you for making such a great place, the forum looks good now you did a good job

What kind of organization do you suggest? They're basically organized with the more "normal" emoticons on the first page, and the more random ones only available if you click "view more smilies."
here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

I think maybe we could have, like, categories in a drop down menu (forgot how to properly call that) directly next to the post, next to 'smilies', or something like that, so that we don't have to open a pop-up window to access the other smileys. I don't know if that makes sense. Even if it's not really divided in particular categories and just called "page 1", "page2" etc I think it would be a little more convenient.

Then again it's okay like this, it's just a suggestion :)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

pinning current main D&P threads (eg. '...Part 3); when they close, un-pinning and letting them drop.

could just help draw the eye to the general discussion more, rather than having to scan up and down the list every time you visit to see where it is.
art in avatar by lily
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

shikaritrash wrote:here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

I think maybe we could have, like, categories in a drop down menu (forgot how to properly call that) directly next to the post, next to 'smilies', or something like that, so that we don't have to open a pop-up window to access the other smileys. I don't know if that makes sense. Even if it's not really divided in particular categories and just called "page 1", "page2" etc I think it would be a little more convenient.

LOLOLOL, that random angry smiley was totally an accident! I am so sorry! Also I just re-read my reply and sorry if my reply sounded passive-aggressive or something; I was genuinely just asking for your suggestions. Anyway, I don't think there's a way to organize smilies like that with this website! If we figure something out though, I'll get back to you. :)

mermaid blood wrote:pinning current main D&P threads (eg. '...Part 3); when they close, un-pinning and letting them drop.

could just help draw the eye to the general discussion more, rather than having to scan up and down the list every time you visit to see where it is.
Great suggestion. It is done.
busy being happy~
karma_yeah
philussy

First of all, thanks to all of you for all your hard work and making this such a special place to be. The whole vibe is SOOOO different and so much better than "the site that shall not be named".

On the main D&P thread I asked if anyone was interested in a social justice thread since we had gotten into a conversation about that a while back and some people were really into it and some seemed annoyed (I get that). And someone did say they were interested. I almost hate to ask for anything because you've already done so much. But as a suggestion, if you have time and think it would be valuable, maybe add a social justice thread.

Thanks
What goes around, comes around Image
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

karma_yeah wrote:First of all, thanks to all of you for all your hard work and making this such a special place to be. The whole vibe is SOOOO different and so much better than "the site that shall not be named".

On the main D&P thread I asked if anyone was interested in a social justice thread since we had gotten into a conversation about that a while back and some people were really into it and some seemed annoyed (I get that). And someone did say they were interested. I almost hate to ask for anything because you've already done so much. But as a suggestion, if you have time and think it would be valuable, maybe add a social justice thread.

Thanks
Hey! I like the social justice thread idea. :) If you want, you can make the thread yourself! Just go the danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil forum and click "new topic"! :D
busy being happy~
shikaritrash

oqua wrote:
shikaritrash wrote:here is me over analyzing your first smiley and thinking i did something wrong :oops:

LOLOLOL, that random angry smiley was totally an accident! I am so sorry! Also I just re-read my reply and sorry if my reply sounded passive-aggressive or something; I was genuinely just asking for your suggestions. Anyway, I don't think there's a way to organize smilies like that with this website! If we figure something out though, I'll get back to you. :)

:rage: All good then! :lol:
Okay no problem If I find some way to do it, I'll let you know too! :D
stella
living flop

daphenaxa wrote:Is there gonna be a "like" function to like/thank posts?
I second this! :)
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
daphenaxa
blobfish

maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
karma_yeah
philussy

How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

stella2000 wrote:
At the moment we cannot install this. If we move to a new server then this is something we are definitely going to look into :)
daphenaxa wrote:maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
when you are in the reply box, underneath is a section called 'topic review' where you can quote further posts then. This is the only way to avoid copy/paste as far as I'm aware.
karma_yeah wrote:How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
I like this idea. We can look into it :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
daphenaxa
blobfish

missemma wrote:
stella2000 wrote:
At the moment we cannot install this. If we move to a new server then this is something we are definitely going to look into :)
daphenaxa wrote:maybe i am incredibly stupid, is there a way to quote several? because at the moment i quote people then copy and paste several times to be able to quote several users in only one answer post.
when you are in the reply box, underneath is a section called 'topic review' where you can quote further posts then. This is the only way to avoid copy/paste as far as I'm aware.
karma_yeah wrote:How's about a haru pillow emoji (for use when we know they are hiding things from us) :D
I like this idea. We can look into it :)
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Haru is here to caress.
busy being happy~
karma_yeah
philussy

oqua wrote:Haru is here to caress.
I think I love you. not in a Dan loves Phil way or a creepy way, just much
blueapple_x
flower crown

If it's not possible to have a thank button, is it possible to have some sort of bookmark/favourite button for documenting informative posts?

Like you know how on tumblr or twitter there's weblinks for each post...is that possible to do here?
spider
ar·tic·u·late

blueapple_x wrote:If it's not possible to have a thank button, is it possible to have some sort of bookmark/favourite button for documenting informative posts?

Like you know how on tumblr or twitter there's weblinks for each post...is that possible to do here?
The title of each post is a link to the post. For example click 'Re: Requests' at the top of this post.
blueapple_x
flower crown

spider wrote:The title of each post is a link to the post. For example click 'Re: Requests' at the top of this post.
I mean where it directs you to a page specifically for that one post alone (rather than jumping to the post amongst a sea of posts that are on the same page), but I guess if you favourite the link with the #post number with your web browser, we can save posts that way?

But yeah, if it's possible to add a bookmark button that would be nice. It's no big deal if it's not possible, I just like the idea of having stuff archived on this site account rather than in my browser's favourites/bookmarks folder.
loststars
living flop

Hey guys, just wondering and I'm not sure where to post.

Do we have an offtopic/chat thread for all random/pointless conversations? Would its place be in the 'General' section? It would be a nice way to get to know each other better maybe. :)
(c)itscomicdans