PewDiePie

pleasehelpme
drama llama

Opinon on him getting kicked out?
wtfamidoinghere
lady door
Pronouns: she/her

pleasehelpme wrote:Opinon on him getting kicked out?
I find it horrible that the landlord actually used a homophobic slur and probably kicking him out out of homophobia. I believe Felix when he says he was careful to not disturb his neighbours with noise during the day and the other things he said. I may not like the direction his persona is taking (it feels like the persona version from hell, just like with deppy), but i like him as a person and think he's a nice and genuine guy.

He tweeted this today: and i have no idea what it's about. I hate when youtubers tweet their opinion about something, but don't provide information about what the opinion refers to.
Anyone better informed than me?
swofro
angel bean

I think it is unfair to Pewds that he got kicked off with zero warnings and all. But thankful that he has his team to back him up to search for a new office immediately. I also like the fact that he doesn't buy the place because that will just gave money to the mean landlord, it's not a winning situation to me.

His tweet. I guess it have something to do with this too? I like how Pewds roast yourself challenge is basically him roasting the challenge, not himself, but the casual viewers hate him for that because they said he is being rude to ryanhiga(?) who started the challenge.
Love is forever
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

Thanks for the info about the new guidelines!
swofro wrote:I like how Pewds roast yourself challenge is basically him roasting the challenge, not himself, but the casual viewers hate him for that because they said he is being rude to ryanhiga(?) who started the challenge.
I don't think it's rude to ryan higa, but i must admit i was disappointed with Felix' video. Some of the roast yourself challenges were really good and entertaining IMO, much more so than other, more simple challenges, so i was looking forward to what Felix might do with it, after his youtube whore and prank song i had high expectations.
It could have also been great if he had made an actual diss track dissing the challenge or challenge videos in general, but as it is i just didn't find his video funny. But i guess that is just my taste.
I also found it a bit odd that he grouped the ry challenge in with all the other challenges, because this one actually requires the youtubers to put some effort and creativity into their video (and again, i love some of the results).
But i'm not angry or anything, because i think it's all in good spirit
pleasehelpme
drama llama

I mean i get that he was being loud and thats bad but calling him a faggot and insuitating he was having gay sex like in reality is it the landlords fucking business if he is gay sorry for the rant just still pissed about it
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Pewdiepie is very charming. I get why he is so popular. That was a really good video, complete with Pewds being really humble and acknowledging his privilege in the situation (I mean it is a sucky situation). He also never made any comment about not being gay, which I thought was nice.
He reminds me of Dan a little bit in that humbleness and self deprecation (the moment where he went 'a lot of sex appeal'). Does anyone else get that vibe?
pleasehelpme
drama llama

What do you mean by sex appeal?
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

I really love this guy, fun fact I'm not actually subscribed to him (not that he needs the subs he has enough) but I still watch his videos everyday, and him getting kicked out is ridiculous, the way he got revenge I found it quite funny, but he's a really nice guy that didn't tell the police about when he totally should have.

And his videos people still don't get it, he's not serious and people still takes him seriously even when he's being childish this whole time.

Conclusion: I love these guy and his videos, he's hilarious (and georgeous).
esso
spork

I thought Pewdiepie addressed this very well. It's videos like this that makes me really respect the guy. I know some youtubers would either blow it out of proportion or completely ignore it, but this video felt balanced.
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

Yeah, he handle it too well I think, I wish youtubers had the ability to do the same, he's tired of all the drama surrounding him and the youtube community lately, and he just clears up the things the best way possible and in a funny way sometimes, I think Pewds have gotten better and better, I love his recent videos :)
swofro
angel bean

karlitatvphan wrote:I really love this guy, fun fact I'm not actually subscribed to him (not that he needs the subs he has enough) but I still watch his videos everyday
Omg same. Haha.

I generally watch his short contents but avoid his long one because they're just not my cup of tea. I really like his personality and his humour, and I may or may not binge watch Fridays With Pewdiepie series.

In his video 'I'm Sick', he commented how his general videos had become better in quality in general and I agree. When a friend introduce me to pewdiepie back in 2011, I think he is the worst youtuber ever with the screaming (to be fair, he is playing goat simulator lol) and now he's is chill a bit and I really find him likeable.

I also love the running gag of Malcolm/Vailoc and how he handle everything so the Bros won't harrass him. I hope they arrange something soon, maybe Malcolm/Vailoc can be his featured rival on the channel. Excited to see what will happen in the future. Lol.

Tldr, I don't like pewds back then but I love him now.
Love is forever
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

^Same!

I didn't liked him because I thought he was ridiculous and his recent stuff is so much better, like you I only watch the short videos and the ocasional Friday with Pewdiepie and yeah, and the things about his hater is absolutely hilarious, I hope Malcolm gets featured in person in his channel one day, that would be really nice, and that's the option Pewds is going for and I love it, always trying to make peace instead of drama like some other youtubers.
Reizam
butt chair

I think what I'm loving about Pewdiepie lately is his idgaf attitude... before he seemed to tread lightly on certain topics like all YTers generally do, trying to be diplomatic and inoffensive but not actually voicing his real opinions on the subject. But in the past year or so, I think he's just had enough of the BS and now says whatever the hell he wants, and I'm LOVING it. He constantly and openly criticizes YouTube and YouTube culture for example, and although he may be able to get away with it because of his standing, I find it really refreshing and real. I think he's a good guy with a good head on his shoulders and isn't afraid to call BS when he sees it.
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Reizam wrote:I think what I'm loving about Pewdiepie lately is his idgaf attitude... before he seemed to tread lightly on certain topics like all YTers generally do, trying to be diplomatic and inoffensive but not actually voicing his real opinions on the subject. But in the past year or so, I think he's just had enough of the BS and now says whatever the hell he wants, and I'm LOVING it. He constantly and openly criticizes YouTube and YouTube culture for example, and although he may be able to get away with it because of his standing, I find it really refreshing and real. I think he's a good guy with a good head on his shoulders and isn't afraid to call BS when he sees it.
+100 agreed he has changed for the better, indeed.
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

Reizam wrote:I think what I'm loving about Pewdiepie lately is his idgaf attitude... before he seemed to tread lightly on certain topics like all YTers generally do, trying to be diplomatic and inoffensive but not actually voicing his real opinions on the subject. But in the past year or so, I think he's just had enough of the BS and now says whatever the hell he wants, and I'm LOVING it. He constantly and openly criticizes YouTube and YouTube culture for example, and although he may be able to get away with it because of his standing, I find it really refreshing and real. I think he's a good guy with a good head on his shoulders and isn't afraid to call BS when he sees it.
I think that's great, he gets away with it in a good way, he has made the YT community listen to things they are ignoring, he doesn't have the problem of critizing YT and I love that, not every YTer can do that and he can and he's taking advantage of it, good advantage. for Pewds.
timtam
lady door

I wish that he hadn't put a trypophobia photo in his thumbnail for curing his trypophobia video because it keeps getting recommended to me and I literally cannot look at it. I was watching Dan's live show and it was a recommended video and I had to keep refreshing the page so that it was removed or lower on the list. Ugh
swofro
angel bean

timtam wrote:I wish that he hadn't put a trypophobia photo in his thumbnail for curing his trypophobia video because it keeps getting recommended to me and I literally cannot look at it. I was watching Dan's live show and it was a recommended video and I had to keep refreshing the page so that it was removed or lower on the list. Ugh
Same. I click on the video because I wanna see if it's a clickbait like usual and he is doing something else entirely instead but there's a warning to click out in the middle of the vid which I suppose come up before the horrendous thing began, so I click out. I do wanna know what's the video is like though, did he able to overcome it and such? I really appreciate if someone who can watch it can give a summary
Love is forever
timtam
lady door

swofro wrote:
timtam wrote:I wish that he hadn't put a trypophobia photo in his thumbnail for curing his trypophobia video because it keeps getting recommended to me and I literally cannot look at it. I was watching Dan's live show and it was a recommended video and I had to keep refreshing the page so that it was removed or lower on the list. Ugh
Same. I click on the video because I wanna see if it's a clickbait like usual and he is doing something else entirely instead but there's a warning to click out in the middle of the vid which I suppose come up before the horrendous thing began, so I click out. I do wanna know what's the video is like though, did he able to overcome it and such? I really appreciate if someone who can watch it can give a summary
Well at least he gave a warning in the middle of the video! Could have done without the thumbnail though. Yes if anyone has seen it I would like to know if he actually does something or if it was just a an excuse to show photos that made some people uncomfortable.
DryCereal
koi pond

I think that's called "being set for life" - provided he doesn't go completely off the rails. And good for him, personally I'm loving the dgaf-ness. :thumb:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

I didn't even know there was a name for this, but that thumbnail has been haunting me since i saw it. Why even bother with a warning in the video/title when the thumbnail is already the thing you're warning about?

Will the image ever leave my head? Only time will tell.

If this stays in the recommended videos for me, youtube is no longer a safe space for me and i will have to watch embedded versions of videos on twitter etc *shivers*
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

Ugh that thumbnail OMG he should get rid of that ASAP, I didn't even want to be on youtube and I went straight to the channels I want to see, even if you hide it, it will still come back.

People should make a petition for him to change that horrible thing, if he doesn't I swear I'll report the video, I love Pewds but c'mon that thing is disgusting.
crash[]
butt chair

swofro wrote:I do wanna know what's the video is like though, did he able to overcome it and such? I really appreciate if someone who can watch it can give a summary
Basically, Pewds just looks at pictures and gifs that people would associate with trypophobia and makes jokes about setting them on fire and such. He doesn't seriously overcome his fear as much as he just uses it to make jokes.

If you've got legit trypophobia, it can get pretty bad. If you're not squicked by irregular holes, the video is fine up until Pewds shows a video of a dog with a parasite infection. I won't go into detail, but that shit was gross even without having trypophobia. :lol: He's done better shock site reaction videos, so you can skip this one if you like.

But yeah, that thumbnail is not nice. He could have thrown in a censor or... done literally anything else.
karlitatvphan
sofa crease

Yes I don't mind someting gross every once in a while, but that thing is hunting the whole of Youtube I don't want to be some random lurker who for some reason just discovers youtube and the first thing he/she sees is THAT. Like crash[] said even people without that phobia can be grossed out by this. I already sent him a lovely (literally actually not mean) tweet telling him to change that thumbnail (not that he will ever notice my existence).
timtam
lady door

crash[] wrote:
swofro wrote:I do wanna know what's the video is like though, did he able to overcome it and such? I really appreciate if someone who can watch it can give a summary
Basically, Pewds just looks at pictures and gifs that people would associate with trypophobia and makes jokes about setting them on fire and such. He doesn't seriously overcome his fear as much as he just uses it to make jokes.

If you've got legit trypophobia, it can get pretty bad. If you're not squicked by irregular holes, the video is fine up until Pewds shows a video of a dog with a parasite infection. I won't go into detail, but that shit was gross even without having trypophobia. :lol: He's done better shock site reaction videos, so you can skip this one if you like.

But yeah, that thumbnail is not nice. He could have thrown in a censor or... done literally anything else.
I thought it would be like that. I figured it was a joke on behalf of those who have trypophobia and that's why he put it in the thumbnail. But he obviously does have it just not bad enough to consider that a problem.

I'm never going to watch it because even the thumbnail freaks me out. Just thinking about it now makes my skin crawl in disgust. I just wish there was a way to block videos from showing up on your feed. Without even clicking on them. I thought there was but apparently not! If I could just block it I'd have no problem (that would also be helpful for my severe fear of spiders, because I've had a couple of spider themed videos come up on my youtube over the years).
fancybum
senpai

Would giving it a thumbs down change anything? (I realize you'd have to click on the vid for that so hmm). But would YT stop showing it then in the recommended and stuff since you've indicated you don't like it? If anybody tries it, pls report back for science.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me