General #tatinof discussion

Post your reviews, spoilers and everything tour related in here
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

swofro wrote:So..... Anyone knows why tatinofhelp twitter account deactivated?
Because they were posting spoiler of the show and fans were unhappy with that. It is explained better in this tweet
:biheart:
swofro
angel bean

^^ oh, okay, thanks.
Love is forever
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

The mean side of me is kind of glad it was deactivated: they were truly full of themselves and mean to anybody who didn't lick their skinny ass. I hope it's a reality check for them
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Quick Q for people who have gone:

About when do the merch stalls open? Is it open before the M&G starts? I want to avoid crowds as much as possible (hahaha as if that'll actually be possible) so I'm wondering if I should try to pick up a shirt before or after the M&G or before or after the actual show.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
Aurdie
spork

At the shows I attended, you could buy merch after the M&G, but it wasn't open beforehand. I'd say the lines before the show are worse than afterwards. Some people were queued up well before the doors opened specifically to get in the merch line early. We had good luck just bolting out at the end of the show to get in line. YMMV.
"If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession." - Mark Cuban
swofro
angel bean

I'm not sure if this is important or not, but @tatinofhelp (which I previously thought was deactivated) is currently @tatinofnews on twitter.
Love is forever
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Negative response to the tour on phantaray. This is something i'm kind of glad to see bc I found it really hard to believe that the tour wasn't cringe with the things I was hearing about it.

http://phantaray.tumblr.com/post/145705 ... m-the-show
blueapple_x
flower crown

spaceguitar wrote:Negative response to the tour on phantaray. This is something i'm kind of glad to see bc I found it really hard to believe that the tour wasn't cringe with the things I was hearing about it.

Some reviews did indicate they found some parts cringe; I think I mentioned something like that in mine as well. I think for me, what I enjoyed the most was seeing D+P in the flesh rather than through a screen. I think I also mentioned that if I hadn't spoiled everything for myself, maybe I would've enjoyed it more. Now that everything has calmed down and the excitement and novelty has worn out a bit, if given the chance I would still probably go again--but with a friend this time lol--but I can totally relate to this person.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

spaceguitar wrote:Negative response to the tour on phantaray. This is something i'm kind of glad to see bc I found it really hard to believe that the tour wasn't cringe with the things I was hearing about it.

There's another negative review on phantaray, as well, posted two weeks ago.

http://phantaray.tumblr.com/post/144770 ... to-realize

I like seeing a few negative reviews to balance things out. I'm honestly still debating whether I would go or not, just because I've become slightly disillusioned with them lately. I used to have no problem with the fanservice and now it's annoying me a little? I just don't think I could handle all the screaming tbh.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
karma_yeah
philussy

bedhead91 wrote:

There's another negative review on phantaray, as well, posted two weeks ago.

http://phantaray.tumblr.com/post/144770 ... to-realize

I like seeing a few negative reviews to balance things out. I'm honestly still debating whether I would go or not, just because I've become slightly disillusioned with them lately. I used to have no problem with the fanservice and now it's annoying me a little? I just don't think I could handle all the screaming tbh.
Thanks for sharing the links. I've wondered if there were negative reviews. Both of those mentioned feeling too old, which I find interesting. As the parent of a 16 year old, I'm legitimately old and felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb (appreciated having a beard with me :D ) but that did not take away from the enjoyment for me.
What goes around, comes around Image
karma_yeah
philussy

Sorry for the double post, but want to move this over from the main thread.
LurkingTrash wrote:
karma_yeah wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote: I really really enjoy seeing how everyone on the crew is enjoying the tour. They're always tweeting about how they're having a nice time/don't want it to end and it warms my heart.
I went to the show in Houston Wednesday night and Cornelia's tweet really hits home.
I sat there looking around at all the (predominately 13-20 year old female crowd - did I feel old or what?!) and throughout the whole show, it just felt like "love". You could feel the adoration the audience had for , but you could also feel the had for their fans. I think maybe attract a certain "type" of person -- kind and sweet but with their own off-beat sense of style (hair dyed bright colors, wearing funky clothes). People were so friendly talking with people they had never met who were sitting around them. Even extremely introverted me found myself talking with a lovely young lady (hi Brantley if you decided to join us!) who was going to multiple shows in different cities.

Gotta say though, the boys definitely know what buttons to push and buzzwords to use. And the audience responded by shrieking to every single one like well-trained lab rats. But the minute would start speaking again, the audience would immediately be quiet and respectful. The shrieking wasn't obnoxious or bothersome at all (I may have done some myself).

Too many phan references/innuendos to remember. They are very self-aware. Nothing they said or did was an accident. If it turns out they're just platonic biffles, and have been toying with the "pheels" of thousands (if not millions) of young people's hearts who love them and look up to them, I'll lose respect for them as people, (not to mention the LGBT aspect of it). Yes, they are "just entertainers", "how we interpret it is our responsibility", "they're just giving the audience what they want", yada yada; but they KNOW what they are doing.

I saw the "existential crisis" mat. The area was actually quite large and on the second floor. The exits were actually down a level. The glass doors you see open on to a balcony, so no one was in any danger. And they certainly weren't making fun of people who might literally be in crisis. They were simply paying homage to someone they adore.

The most frustrating and unpleasant thing for me was the whole "no spoilers" thing. Literally from the time you entered the building ALL of the ticket-takers and ushers reminded every single person that NO VIDEO OR RECORDING OF ANY KIND WAS ALLOWED AND THAT YOUR EQUIPMENT WOULD BE CONFISCATED. There were people actually walking up and down the aisles with signs about it and looking for anyone who could be misconstrued as breaking the rule. You couldn't even have your phone out. We were there 30 minutes early and weren't allowed to text. I would not do well in a dictatorial society.
aww this is lovely, thank you fer telling us all of this
and idk, maybe they have been steadily making that security higher in the new shows because they had a few problems in the past with videos leaking and all?
Maybe that's it. I'd be curious to hear what the "no spoiler" policy was like at other venues. And what the crowd vibe was like at other venues - did it feel warm and fuzzy in other cities? Houston is a multi-racially-diverse city, laid back, friendly, and recently had an incredibly popular 3-term openly-lesbian mayor, so it's not a typical U.S. city. (posting this in the main TATINOF thread for more discussion)
What goes around, comes around Image
DryCereal
koi pond

The ushers/FoH staff aren't really anything to do with TATINOF though. So it WILL vary from venue to venue.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just gonna leave this here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Lain
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote:Just gonna leave this here
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen it yet and it's just great.
vincentian
hobbit hair

Thank you!
Wow, their singing is not bad (especially Phil's ), sounds even more confident than in the UK show clips that I saw.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Thanks for this!! Will this be going in the DD?
ironic
lady door

As a person who's never going to see the show live I'm so thankful for people breaking the rules. Some thoughts:
The twerking looks really strange and awkward, I don't think I would even want to watch that lol. But Phil as magician is truly amazing. :) The song part I've seen before and it's obviously great, Phil's voice sounds quite good! And I like the way he moves, he's weirdly graceful. I'm afraid if I ever saw him irl, I would become complete Phil trash.
Most of the time I'm indescribably bored with the tour but after seeing little spoilery videos like that, I feel happy for D&P. Thanks for sharing, missemma. :)
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
majitzu
angel bean

Waaaaaa thanks, is the first time i see the magic part. And the last part, the dance, it always makes me emotional :D
corn flakes
moon room

Thanks to the main thread I went to check that blog ;now I'm curious if this is true:

"ANONYMOUS SAID: In Seattle the merch team didn't sell. Were there other venues that they didn't? Why aren't they selling? I had something to give to them.

Yeah they get days off bc the venue has sellers already happened at my tatinof too "

How does it work? deppy is not allowed to have their personal sellers and have to use the one provided by the venue?or it's more of an opportunity that one can use? do they have to share the profits?
I don't know anything about this kind of things and this one rised my curiosity, it also seemed more appropiate for this thread but
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just to let you all know that I've made a subforum for the Aussie dates, once the USA tour is over I'll move them back into the main area, this is just to avoid confusion with a mix of dates.

The subforum is listed at the top of the tatinof forum, so please continue to post and discuss the dates there.

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

daphenaxa
blobfish

some parts of tatinof especially really cool part of the song. I think it is gonna be taken down quickly
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
amazing_me_isonfire
first-time poster

If Dan and Phil come to Europe i would love to go and meet new Phans it would be amazing to make new friendships. Obviously when they also obsess over what i like!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

amazing_me_isonfire wrote:If Dan and Phil come to Europe i would love to go and meet new Phans it would be amazing to make new friendships. Obviously when they also obsess over what i like!
Indeed! Let's hope they do the European leg of the Tour before Brexit is completed :lol: .

(Welcome :platonic: )