Film Thread

akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Michael Fassbender is my bae.

I hope I can meet him next monday, he's gonna be in sydney for the x men premiere.
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Yup.... a de-Kanye-fied version of the trailer. SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! :lol:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
loststars
living flop

The music gave me chills ngl, but Emma Watson? Seriously ughh :sideeye:
(c)itscomicdans
bluebox-away
woodland creature

loststars wrote:

The music gave me chills ngl, but Emma Watson? Seriously ughh :sideeye:
I'm really excited about this, the way it's shot and the music have given me high hopes for a beautiful film :D I haven't seen Emma in much since HP, maybe just Perks of Being a Wallflower? idk, anyway I'm willing to give her a chance in this cause I feel like this could work:? Shame it's not out for like a year :sideeye:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
DryCereal
koi pond

See, I'm firmly in the "FFS Disney, stop asking in on my childhood!!!" camp. Those aren't Cogsworth and Lumiere and Belle's voices! :sideeye:
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
eevee
emo goose

I'm super pumped for Beauty and the Beast although it's a pretty messed up story
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
daphenaxa
blobfish

hey anyone followed the Cannes festival?? are there films that you wanna see?
I wanna see the Dolan and Park Chan Wook films because I am a fan of both those directors. But i gotta say this year's festival didn't have a selection that struck me much and it went quite under the radar.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Well this whole Johnny Depp situation just ensured that I won’t watch any of his movies anymore. Really disappointed. :-x
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

SquishPhan wrote:Well this whole Johnny Depp situation just ensured that I won’t watch any of his movies anymore. Really disappointed. :-x
Same. :( Pity it probably won't affect his career negatively.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ia=FB_Page
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Winston
flower crown

OMG! They are coming out with a new AbFab movie! July 22. Anyone else love that series? I'm excited! :D
actions speak louder than words
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Winston wrote:OMG! They are coming out with a new AbFab movie! July 22. Anyone else love that series? I'm excited! :D
Yes!!! Not out until blimmen August over here though so no spoilers please :D I'm so excited though it looks awesome
I'm also excited for Bridget Jones 3 later this year!
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

As a fan of Tim Burton those news about Johnny Depp really got me, still didn't like him like a lot so I'm fine I'll keep watching those fine pieces of art that are the Tim Burton movies (also the only person that made like Batman, Michael Keaton the best Batman ever and Jack Nicholson the best Joker).

Also a big fan of Kubrick, my favorite film has to be the Clockwork Orange and 2001 is AMAZING the best scifi film EVER.

Love also the Star Trek movies, Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games (Catching Fire OMG it's perfection) and The 50 Shades of Grey (jk haha no offense to the ones who like it).
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

sunday wrote:
Winston wrote:OMG! They are coming out with a new AbFab movie! July 22. Anyone else love that series? I'm excited! :D
Yes!!! Not out until blimmen August over here though so no spoilers please :D I'm so excited though it looks awesome
I'm also excited for Bridget Jones 3 later this year!

Abfab was amazing!!! If you liked the series, you are going to love the film. It was hilarious.

Bridget Jones is my favourite movie so cannot wait for number 3! Not long now.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

Just went to see Suicide Squad, loved it WAY WAY WAY better than BvS, it was a bit of a mess, but an enjoyable one.
About Cara/Enchantress, yes everything about it, it was a mess, it was the studio's fault for the editing and not her performance (as many people are saying on the web), she had me terrified, more than the Joker did, even a little bit more than Amanda Waller (she was pretty scary too), Cara doesn't have very much experience and in a cast of very experienced actors you could see the difference, but that doesn't mean she did a bad job.

One of the best scenes in the movie was the one when Amanda Waller is trying to convince them of putting in action the Suicide Squad with Enchantress as an example and it doesn't make sense that the worst actress is in one of the best scenes, it doesn't make sense, that's why I think she did a great job, she tried to have chemistry with the Flag guy and that guy for me was the weakest link of the film, I just didn't like his performance, he didn't have chemistry with no one, he whining about June didn't believe it, it was kinda annoying actually I wanted him to shut up and he was the cringiest part of the movie, the movie without Katana and with another actor as Flag would have worked well for me.

Also The Flash being there was great, Captain Boomerang is a Flash villain so it makes sense him being the one who captured him, I loved Batman here more than I did in BvS, I believe now that Ben Affleck is Batman. And I did like Harley but some of her lines were utterly stupid, not blaming Margot, she did great, the biggest let down for me was Jared as The Joker I hope he gets redimed because it had so much potential. The others were fine, Diablo had me almost crying at the bar scene, he was great overall a scene stealer for me.
Sorry for how long it is but I just came from seeing the movie and I wanted to get things out of my chest. Overall I give the movie a 7.5/10. Great movie, go see it.

Also the soundtrack is amazing, check it out (especially Heathens, when i heard it I was fangirling hard).
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the spoiler function for recent releases!
000dia000
emo goose

I went to see Suicide Squad and I'm sorry to say that the experience was less than stellar for me and more about counting down the time before I could get out of there. I personally can't stand by the film as anything worthy of being called a film and only successful as a forgettable blockbuster heap that you go to with family on the weekend and spend the next couple of hours afterwards criticizing.
The movie soundtrack was poor. I won't sugar coat that with the fact that though many of the songs were individually brilliant, chopping them up and splicing in random verses for no reason was one of the many problems with it. The editing was absolutely abysmal and felt as if done by twenty people who had no idea what the story or script was. The directing was terrible and shots were at times out of focus. The many wow explosions were at times so bright I sneezed in the middle of watching the film, but that's my own problem.

There was no structure, no story just a couple of situations that happened to come by but had no link or correlation. Dialogue felt as if it was still in its first draft of writing.

The only positive part of the film were the characters, which were because they were taken from accomplished writers from DC comics! This was simply them being written into a terrible fanfiction that was plagiarized several times over. (Fun fact: there has already been a Suicide Squad animated film and as predicted this is a terrible re-make.) Jared Leto's terrible, cringe-worthy joker deserves an analysis all on its own. It did not feel as if he was trying to play the character of the Joker but playing a ripped-off scene-kid version of crazy Heath Ledger. Amanda Walker was a superb psychopath in that it was easily forgettable most of the time until a few scenes where you could read through the lines. Harley Quinn was reduced to eye candy 90 percent of the time and not even a "visually appealing" way, just completely boring and disappointing. I didn't realize Carla Delevigne was in the movie until half way through as her character was so poorly introduced. I could go on and on how pitiful the characters looked that it feels like an accomplishment that the characters showed up in costume.
This film is only enjoyable for explosions. It simply was not a film, so I can't even justify given it a score.
:cactus:
akui
blobfish

Anyone seen sausage party? If you are into theology and religions, i strongly recommend!
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

Sorry, but I have just seen this and it is hands down one of the best short films I've ever seen. It's a couple of years old so maybe it's old news, but I just needed to share this. (avoid comment section before watching)

L'Accordeur (The Piano Tuner)

teamug
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Popped up in my yt recs. Interesting take on soundtracks.

Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

just watched the perks of being a wallflower, i have not read the book before but was considering it at one point now i'm punching myself in the gut for not buying it. Man that was a good movie. made me miss having good friends. the ending.... :sobs:

anyone wants to recommend some good coming of age movies just shoot it up my way
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
daphenaxa
blobfish

did people here watch Vajana/Vaiana???? what did you think? I saw it yesterday and loved it so much. The songs are great too. Made me want to sail.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

daphenaxa wrote:did people here watch Vajana/Vaiana???? what did you think? I saw it yesterday and loved it so much. The songs are great too. Made me want to sail.
Yes! I saw it at the beginning of this month and I loved it, it's such a beautiful film. It was visually stunning with amazing animation quality (especially the movement of Moana/Vaiana's hair and the water... oh my lord THE WATER) and the soundtrack was great; for me How Far I'll Go, I Am Moana and You're Welcome were the best but the whole thing was pretty solid. Definitely cried a bit at a few moments in the film, but totally worth ruining my makeup for
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
mio
#relatable

kusunoki masashige wrote:Sorry, but I have just seen this and it is hands down one of the best short films I've ever seen. It's a couple of years old so maybe it's old news, but I just needed to share this. (avoid comment section before watching)

L'Accordeur (The Piano Tuner)

just watched this thanks to your post. I am, as the kids say SHOOK.
this was amazing.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
000dia000
emo goose

Has anybody seen Trainspotting 2 yet? I really enjoyed it.
I think that they were trying to refer back to the first film too much, but for some reason i still felt that this film was good in it's own right. It felt like something someone could go into blind, and understand the story as it was presented.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

000dia000 wrote:Has anybody seen Trainspotting 2 yet? I really enjoyed it.
I think that they were trying to refer back to the first film too much, but for some reason i still felt that this film was good in it's own right. It felt like something someone could go into blind, and understand the story as it was presented.
I can't wait, but it's not out in the US yet (release date same as Beauty and the Beast--will be a busy weekend!).

The original movie is one of my favorite movies, from the music to the gut-wrenching scenes to the depiction of Scotland. And it made me fall in love with Ewan McGregor (who may be the only reason I rather liked Star Wars 1-3 :sideeye:).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
000dia000
emo goose

LeftHandedism wrote:
000dia000 wrote:Has anybody seen Trainspotting 2 yet? I really enjoyed it.
I can't wait, but it's not out in the US yet (release date same as Beauty and the Beast--will be a busy weekend!).

The original movie is one of my favorite movies, from the music to the gut-wrenching scenes to the depiction of Scotland. And it made me fall in love with Ewan McGregor (who may be the only reason I rather liked Star Wars 1-3 :sideeye:).
I dont get many crushes on celebs, but Ewan will always have a special place in my heart
(sorry for the belated reply)
I hope they release a soundtrack for the film, it was one of my favorite parts. I really want to have a binge watch of the two films again