Jack and Dean

fancybum
senpai

Hey let's give them their own thread why not.

Also Jack is being so mature today on Twitter, I wanted to save it for history:

Going after people with D&P icons:
He doesn't appreciate being told off "by children" and thinks the best course of action is to be a little shit back at them? As a 24 yr old man? K.

I wish Louise hadn't backed off with jokes, but getting into an argument over twitter with a friend is more trouble than it's worth I suppose. But damn, Hazel is one lucky woman...
I like Dean though. Hoping he steers clear of this.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
corn flakes
moon room

Ok I knew that jack is a fake intelectual, I know it all, narcistic individual but still :sideeye:
Did it occur to him that maybe people didn't call him out because surprise not so much people care about his show.
Also they are children, right because only children would care about cheap humor to call him out or are so sensitive:roll:
I'm near to him in age and I still think that what he said is wrong.Louise called him out but he would not admit to be wrong and basically said I am much worse but you call my out for this stupid thing. (don't even want to hear that other jokes), Louise probably backed off because she saw how with some people you can't discuss.
Really shows how he and hazel are, hope dean at least is much more mature.
Still next time he does a video over how unappreciated he is on youtube :roll:
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
RRR98
drama llama

Does he seriously not see what is wrong with that smh
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

WowWW he is SOoo MATurE!1!!!

I bet one of his most used phrases is "not all men" :D
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

Knew that my intuition that jackhiward is a jerk was correct
Piece of shit
swofro
angel bean

fancybum wrote:Hey let's give them their own thread why not.

Also Jack is being so mature today on Twitter, I wanted to save it for history:

Going after people with D&P icons:
He doesn't appreciate being told off "by children" and thinks the best course of action is to be a little shit back at them? As a 24 yr old man? K.

I wish Louise hadn't backed off with jokes, but getting into an argument over twitter with a friend is more trouble than it's worth I suppose. But damn, Hazel is one lucky woman...
I like Dean though. Hoping he steers clear of this.
I can't see the deleted tweet. Was it the same as the screencapped or is it something else altogether?
Love is forever
fancybum
senpai

swofro wrote: I can't see the deleted tweet. Was it the same as the screencapped or is it something else altogether?
Oh sorry he deleted everything. One tweet said basically that he/Dean made gay jokes/ISIS jokes/Hitler jokes at their liveshow last night, but this is the response on Twitter to a fat joke? (yet he denied it even being a fat joke in other tweets, make up your mind Jack). And then two other tweets where he said 'you're so wise' to somebody explaining the harm of fat-shaming to him, and another where he said "I just don't appreciate being told off by children is all" though I forget what it was in response to.

Like, just say the joke didn't work, sorry, and move on. Why double down on being an asshole? (and deliberately calling out indirects? people with all kinds of icons were responding negatively to him, yet he focuses on Dan/Phil ones?)
Sigh.
stella
living flop

Good on Louise for saying it was wrong. Well, they just lost a subscriber!

Decent 24-year-old men don't feel the need to attack teenage girls on Twitter. Maybe he should get a new hobby or something.
~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
ducksss
phillion/danosaur <//3

I am not talking about his answers to people calling him out, because someone in his position should definitely be able to handle criticism more maturely, but I don't think I get what is wrong/problematic with the joke apart from it being kinda low-class and lame.
Is someone willing to explain (even briefly)? I am genuinely interesting in hearing a different point of view, I'm not being condescending.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

god I hate him, I stayed quiet mostly bc I didn't have good arguments but it feels nice to be proven your feelings came from somewhere.
honestly the whole twitter thing is so immature of him and it feels like he doesn't understand youtube fandoms at all.
I love Phandom Statistics tweet about youtubers thinking they're better than you if you have a DP twitter icon, it's so absurd for me but somehow that's too true. I don't feel like ranting about it but this is a shitty attitude to have.
PolarFox
truth bomb

I like Dean and I used to like Jack, but god, is he annoying and pretentious. I unfollowed him like month or two ago, best decision made tbh.
I like my dark/sarcastic/rude types of humour, but dude you don't just go on twitter and say this kind of joke to thousands of people on twittee, ffs. :gg:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
natterjack
not a first-time poster

ducksss wrote:I am not talking about his answers to people calling him out, because someone in his position should definitely be able to handle criticism more maturely, but I don't think I get what is wrong/problematic with the joke apart from it being kinda low-class and lame.
Is someone willing to explain (even briefly)? I am genuinely interesting in hearing a different point of view, I'm not being condescending.
New here! (What a way to introduce myself on a thread not even about deppy )

The issue with his original satirical tweet is that he used fat people as a punchline, and satire is a difficult type of humour, that (I think) more often than not doesn't come across correctly online where you can't read people's tones. It implies, when the supposed satire doesn't come across correctly, that fat people are jokes and that we should find their existence funny, which isn't true. Even if he truly did mean it as a joke about how ridiculous chat-up lines are, many people won't have read it like that, and that's the issue - when misunderstood, it perpetuates the idea that fat people are punchlines.
Hope this clears things up and also doesn't sound condescending, as I don't mean it to!
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Interesting, natterjack first post defending...jack :lol:
natterjack
not a first-time poster

Ticia wrote:Interesting, natterjack first post defending...jack :lol:
Oh no! I didn't mean to defend him. I really dislike him and these tweets have given further proof as to why I feel that way, I just tried to use somewhat neutral language to discuss the issue rather than the person. I think it was a bad joke, if it could even be called a joke, and I absolutely disagree with his defence of satire and the way that he responded very childishly to people who were no doubt younger than him and yet more mature. Sorry for coming across as though I were defending him, that wasn't my intention at all :facepalm:

Edit: I think maybe I shouldn't have used italics for my first satire, I see how I was misinterpreted. To clarify: Jack's tweet was bad (regardless of his intentions, but I don't trust his defence anyway), fat people should never be used as punchlines, and his response to criticism was immature.
ducksss
phillion/danosaur <//3

natterjack wrote:
New here! (What a way to introduce myself on a thread not even about deppy )

The issue with his original satirical tweet is that he used fat people as a punchline, and satire is a difficult type of humour, that (I think) more often than not doesn't come across correctly online where you can't read people's tones. It implies, when the supposed satire doesn't come across correctly, that fat people are jokes and that we should find their existence funny, which isn't true. Even if he truly did mean it as a joke about how ridiculous chat-up lines are, many people won't have read it like that, and that's the issue - when misunderstood, it perpetuates the idea that fat people are punchlines.
Hope this clears things up and also doesn't sound condescending, as I don't mean it to!
Hi :) and thanks for your answer. It's true, often conveying sarcasm and satire through text only doesn't work out so if that's why people were actually angry about I can understand it, even though I don't agree or really get (in the sense of "feeling the same way") their sentiment in this particular case. That's because to me, this tweet did not look like anything but a lame joke that didn't mean much other than Jack's unoriginality, but I get that some could also see it under another light.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Both Jack and Dean are pretentious douche nozzles, but Jack is really taking it to new levels. Hazel and him are made for each other :roll: Don't be upset that nobody really cares enough about your attempts at 'quality' comedy to get the Fullscreen thing while D&P can take a shit on a piece of paper and sell it.

Bless Louise though, but it does again make me wonder where her and Jack's friendship is based on... Louise is (seemingly) so sweet and down to earth and then there's Jack.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fancybum
senpai

See on one hand there's Jack making shitty fat jokes about women, and then there's Dean: I'm sure he's had his moments as well, but I do like him. He's a lot more honest about his own insecurities and things without needing to fall back on Jack's tired sarcastic schtick. Listen, I love sarcasm, I breathe it. But being sarcastic and actually being a sack of shit aren't synonymous and Jack treads that line too often for me to give him a total pass on things like today. And outside of working together/making appearances at conventions, Jack and Dean don't seem like the kind of friends who hang out all the time. Jack has his group with Hazel/Dan Layton/Dodie and Dean is always with Bertie and Carlos. They just strike me as very colleague-y more than anything close these days.
000dia000
emo goose

"omg no offence"
People will still be offended, jack.
These are the kind of statements that somebody makes in real life that makes you hate them, and Jack is thick enough to broadcast it on social media.

Quite the comedian, as you can see, fat punchlines, quite the comedy gold.

I have no idea why he is bitching and moaning the whole time on why he isn't more popular or why his comedy isn't appreciated when he sounds like he belongs in the depths of the circle jerks of reddit. He lives in mediocrity and will stay in mediocrity if this is indeed the utmost pinnacle of his talent.

:facepalm:
:cactus:
karlitatvphan
sofa crease
Pronouns: furry

A pity I will not watch the videos that he's in with the same way knowing he's just a douchebag, and why Dean even hangs out and shares a youtube channel with him? He seems nothing like Jack, I don't know very much about them but I saw one video once and never liked it, just like those tweets, I think YT duos need to have chemistry and I don't see that with these two, unlike they're not the same but they can hang out 24/7 and not get tired of each other.
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Catallena wrote:Both Jack and Dean are pretentious douche nozzles, but Jack is really taking it to new levels. Hazel and him are made for each other :roll:
They are. Both pretentious and constantly acting like they're better than everyone else. I particularly dislike the shitting on fangirls. God forbid teen girls have a hobby/interest that they're passionate about
Catallena wrote: Bless Louise though, but it does again make me wonder where her and Jack's friendship is based on... Louise is (seemingly) so sweet and down to earth and then there's Jack.
As vapid as Zoe and Alfie are, they seem to be genuine friends to Louise, and I think she'd be better off with them than with Jack and his pompous we-make-PROPER-youtube-videos crew.
I wish Louise had told Jack to get stuffed.

Anyone think Dan's comments in his LS today about other you tubers being obsessed with him bc his audience will actually give them attention could be in reference to Jack's snarky "thanks Phil" tweets?

I think this is the meanest post I have ever made lmao my jimmies are rustled
fancybum
senpai

sunday wrote: Anyone think Dan's comments in his LS today about other you tubers being obsessed with him bc his audience will actually give them attention could be in reference to Jack's snarky "thanks Phil" tweets?
Those were replies that were pretty quickly deleted, I doubt they were ever on Dan's radar. With that comment, my mind went straight to Onision and all those idiotic react channels that add absolutely nothing of worth to the world and just use D&P videos to get views off the phandom. And he must be aware that Onision won't shut up about him and that viewers who don't know any better think it's cute (rather than cheap and manipulative). Jack's replies look more like he doesn't appreciate phandom attention, immediately talking down to those with D&P icons, this incident doesn't seem relevant to what Dan said. But who knows. He was only joking after all...
DryCereal
koi pond

sunday wrote:
Catallena wrote:Both Jack and Dean are pretentious douche nozzles, but Jack is really taking it to new levels. Hazel and him are made for each other :roll:
They are. Both pretentious and constantly acting like they're better than everyone else. I particularly dislike the shitting on fangirls. God forbid teen girls have a hobby/interest that they're passionate about
...that isn't him/her/them...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
fancybum
senpai

Sooooo have Jack & Hazel broken up recently? They're both being cryptically sad on twitter. This is awful of me, but I'm curious to see how they'll handle the breakup. I anticipate rudeness towards people prying (and maybe it'll be justified, people deserve privacy, blah blah blah, but like they posted pics of the two of them taking a bath together?? I don't know why that's the first thing that comes to mind. But the relationship was 'public', so if they get indignant about the end of it being so, idk guys. Maybe they'll find some newfound respect for D&P being so damn private). But maybe they're fine I don't know, other people go stalk their social media and chime in with opinions.

I just woke up so sorry if this is really as awful as it sounds, like a gross vulture circling a potentially dead relationship. I'll be nicer when I've had coffee.
Philena
blobfish

fancybum wrote:Sooooo have Jack & Hazel broken up recently? They're both being cryptically sad on twitter. This is awful of me, but I'm curious to see how they'll handle the breakup. I anticipate rudeness towards people prying (and maybe it'll be justified, people deserve privacy, blah blah blah, but like they posted pics of the two of them taking a bath together?? I don't know why that's the first thing that comes to mind. But the relationship was 'public', so if they get indignant about the end of it being so, idk guys. Maybe they'll find some newfound respect for D&P being so damn private). But maybe they're fine I don't know, other people go stalk their social media and chime in with opinions.

I just woke up so sorry if this is really as awful as it sounds, like a gross vulture circling a potentially dead relationship. I'll be nicer when I've had coffee.
Yes, I have the same feeling. I actually feel bad. They seemed like a really good match.

Curious to see what will come...
000dia000
emo goose

You'll probably see Hazel making a much inspiring speech wow in her Time of the Month video, though October won't be uploaded until 2017 with the amount of award shows and parties she's attending
:cactus: