The Rest of the Foursome

000dia000
emo goose

stella wrote:
000dia000 wrote:Though
So apparently PJs rage blackouts and beat his Dad to death with a baseball bat? Discuss?
I'm reading this with no context but... what? Can you elaborate? was it a joke?
PJ in the video in my comment said that he one time came across a wiki page with people that has this "fact" about him which he found absolutely ridiculous. I included that as a joke to the end of my comment :)
:cactus:
Philena
blobfish

Out of curiosity, what do you all think of the Peej/Pewds twitter exchange today?
I feel like they probably are genuine friends, but I can also see this as being exploitative. Anyone else want to discuss?
esso
spork

Philena wrote:Out of curiosity, what do you all think of the Peej/Pewds twitter exchange today?
I feel like they probably are genuine friends, but I can also see this as being exploitative. Anyone else want to discuss?
I think they are genuine friends with interesting senses of humor and probably plenty of inside jokes lol. I don't see any benefit for either of them of exploiting their friendship. If there is any benefit, it's minimal at best.

For now, I'm loving #kickthepewdie :D
hannah
butt chair

:yippee:
fancybum
senpai

FUUUUUUUUCK CHRIS UPLOADED

4:08 :lol:

I love him. He's posting a trailer on Monday for Whipped, that webseries filmed however long ago.
A+ comeback vid
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I have zero capacity for thoughtful posting tonight so I'm just going to drop this:

and also say how damn cute that dog is

and how damn cute chris is

and then taking my leave

(maybe to watch his video again)
000dia000
emo goose

Absolute delight to log into the forum and find out from here before his twitter (did he tweet it and I miss it???) to see that he uploaded really looking forward to Monday, even though that Chris hasn't been prolific on his own channel I'm glad that he is doing projects elsewhere :)
fancybum
senpai

I'm excited for this! And it's going to go on Chris's channel? M'kay.
From their kickstarter:
Firstly, we’re going to share it with our generous backers, both at a private screening, and digitally. Then we’re going to make Hell available to everyone online, getting it out there with the hopes of being able to tell more stories about these characters and this unique world in the future. We haven’t confirmed the exact platform yet, but we’re talking to digital brands and producers with the hope of reaching the widest possible audience.
*stroking imaginary beard* In the nicest possible way: I guess that didn't work out.

Oh wait what's all this then
WHIPPED is also part of a relaunch of the Crabstickz brand as Chris hopes to introduce more scripted content to his channel. “I see a lot of brilliant comedy on YouTube that is ignored and overshadowed by kids covering their faces in cream,” says Chris.

I knew that I had done as much as I could with Crabstickz on my own, so I am working alongside Koto Films to move the direction of the channel towards scripted comedy designed to give people characters and content they won’t forget about overnight. If this new project gets 1 million subscribers I will be covering my face with cream.”

“We’re really excited to be launching WHIPPED on Crabstickz and playing a part in the creation of a new online space for original, independent comedy,” says WHIPPED Director and Co-Head of Koto Films, Jack Plummer. “We hope WHIPPED’s awkward, British humour will sit well next to Chris’ existing content on Crabstickz and will hopefully bring new audiences to the channel.”
Help my brain. Are we supposed to read that as these people will be affiliated with Chris's channel going forward and crabstickz as we know it is dead? I have a lot of conflicting emotions, but maybe I just can't read good.
and why the fuck did sam fucking pepper comment on the video. go away trash.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
fakelights
living flop

fancybum wrote:
I'm excited for this! And it's going to go on Chris's channel? M'kay.
From their kickstarter:
Firstly, we’re going to share it with our generous backers, both at a private screening, and digitally. Then we’re going to make Hell available to everyone online, getting it out there with the hopes of being able to tell more stories about these characters and this unique world in the future. We haven’t confirmed the exact platform yet, but we’re talking to digital brands and producers with the hope of reaching the widest possible audience.
*stroking imaginary beard* In the nicest possible way: I guess that didn't work out.

Oh wait what's all this then
WHIPPED is also part of a relaunch of the Crabstickz brand as Chris hopes to introduce more scripted content to his channel. “I see a lot of brilliant comedy on YouTube that is ignored and overshadowed by kids covering their faces in cream,” says Chris.

I knew that I had done as much as I could with Crabstickz on my own, so I am working alongside Koto Films to move the direction of the channel towards scripted comedy designed to give people characters and content they won’t forget about overnight. If this new project gets 1 million subscribers I will be covering my face with cream.”

“We’re really excited to be launching WHIPPED on Crabstickz and playing a part in the creation of a new online space for original, independent comedy,” says WHIPPED Director and Co-Head of Koto Films, Jack Plummer. “We hope WHIPPED’s awkward, British humour will sit well next to Chris’ existing content on Crabstickz and will hopefully bring new audiences to the channel.”
Help my brain. Are we supposed to read that as these people will be affiliated with Chris's channel going forward and crabstickz as we know it is dead? I have a lot of conflicting emotions, but maybe I just can't read good.
and why the fuck did sam fucking pepper comment on the video. go away trash.
I'm really excited about it as well. It looks good and has Chris in it ( ), so I'm cool with that. Buuuut I'm confused too. Is crabstickz not going to be all about Chris' content anymore? Is he still going to post his own things? Is that what he meant when saying there would be videos coming soon? Ugh, someone please explain it better.

Right now I'm understanding the same thing as you, fancybum and I really don't know what to think. Still excited, though. and hoping for some cream covered face soon
Amelie
delia smith

And here is is!! (I hope. I haven't actually included a video before :lol: )

I really enjoyed this video and am looking forward to more. I find that Crabstickz is a very engaging actor and am loving the slightly odd theme of the show (also the characters are hilarious). Its very refreshing to see some creative content being uploaded to Youtube
Winston
flower crown

I loved Whipped! It was fun, I can't wait for the next one! :D

Also side note, he liked my tweet yesterday! That was fun. :)
actions speak louder than words
Lain
eclipse shirt

The first episode of Whipped was so fun. Really looking forward to more. There isn't much I wouldn't watch Chris in tbh.
Winston wrote: Also side note, he liked my tweet yesterday! That was fun. :)
Nice! :o
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Congrats Chris
000dia000
emo goose

I have nothing important to contribute other than silent squeals of joy
vogonsrock
squish

I was so happy for Chris to get the best actor streamy thing! He was my favourite youtuber back in the day, and still love him to teen tiny little bits. He's worked very hard, out of the spotlight, to find his path and worked to do things his own way. One day he *will* play the morally ambiguous emotionally crippled Doctor (Who) that he was made for..... That is my little dream anyway.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Yeah I do believe he is more suited for main stream acting.
helvetica
sofa crease

Philena wrote:Out of curiosity, what do you all think of the Peej/Pewds twitter exchange today?
Judging from all of their hangouts and double dates that they seem to have, I think they genuinely like each other as people. PJ really would't benefit a lot from Felix bc his youtube content( and fan base) is pretty different than PewDiePie's, and vice versa. Right now at least they seem to be doing quite well as buds and I hope it continues, but it would be interesting to hear Chris's opinion (not like he'll give it or anything, it would just be interesting) :thumb:
swofro
angel bean

confetti-j wrote:
Judging from all of their hangouts and double dates that they seem to have, I think they genuinely like each other as people. PJ really would't benefit a lot from Felix bc his youtube content( and fan base) is pretty different than PewDiePie's, and vice versa. Right now at least they seem to be doing quite well as buds and I hope it continues, but it would be interesting to hear Chris's opinion (not like he'll give it or anything, it would just be interesting) :thumb:
I do think they are genuinely friends. I was watching random vids of pewds the other day and there is this one vlog where they (and two other ppl that i cant remember who) went to a restaurant and eat some spicy stuff. People don't usually notice pj in the background like this bcos the bros usually only focusing at pewds.

That said, i think the recent collabs are bcos pewds just want his viewers to be familiar with pj now that he is in revelmode
Love is forever
mio
#relatable

Chris: So proud of him, and also I loved the first ep of Whipped

Amused right now about PJ having some kind of clown related drama
At the same I don't really get why he's making such a big deal out of it... I mean, it's FACEBOOK.
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
morbit
phillion/danosaur <//3

On the topic of why Chris and don't hang out anymore;

My theory is that they weren't a great match. Dan and Phil have become pretty PG, with the exception of Dan sometimes but there's never any major sexual references etc. Chris still likes to make suggestive jokes and that plus Dan and Phil's fanbase isn't exactly a good mix. Well, at least given how Dan and Phil view that stuff.. I don't think there's any bad blood, Chris was included in the 7SC video like someone else mentioned.

Personally, I think it's a shame they drifted apart. I do believe it has to do with the differences in their content, and maybe has something to do with Chris's depressive spells and not being really consistent on youtube. But if I said I didn't want another Chris+deppy collab I'd be lying. I think Chris got on better with Phil, and as some of Phil's (former) friends have mentioned he's not really reachable anymore (if that has to do with Dan we can only speculate...) but yeah.
melon lord
morning quiff

Wasn't there the rumour (maybe in one of those drama blogs on tumblr) that supposedly dan was kind of like "oh my god you're so depressing I can't deal" to chris and chris got pushed out slightly?

I still wonder if 2022 didn't help, either.

morbit
phillion/danosaur <//3

I haven't heard of that rumour, but that sounds pretty horrible if it's true. Sure, you're not obligated to be friends with a person that brings your mood down, but still. I don't see Dan doing that, but then again, what do I know?

I feel like the 2022 thing is too silly to even be considered a reason for them to fall out over. It was obviously a joke that the phandom took very seriously, not meant to be anything more than that but things happen. It's not like nobody's ever made a joke about them being together before. Just look at Felix's youtuber high school videos.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I really can't imagine the 2022 joke caused any actual bad blood, I mean at the time neither D&P or Chris knew the phandom was going to continually reference that joke (until 2022) so it really was just a silly throwaway joke. Even if they thought it was in poor taste it was hardly something to fall out over.
Plus if they were genuinely upset enough about it to be ending friendships over it I don't see why they wouldn't have just insisted he edit it out.

If anything (that is publicly known) had a detrimental effect on their friendship I'd say it was the ask.fm answers Chris gave about them/the fantastic foursome.
While I don't really think Chris did anything wrong and was just trying to be honest with his own auidence I can totally get why that would have angered D&P. At the time they were still building up their following and as they are essentially selling themselves they want the the fans to believe what they are selling is genuine. Chris basically saying that their friendship with him was mostly put on for the cameras and they were more like colleagues then friends will have angered and upset fans who bought into the four of them all being real-life BFF. Youtuber fans don't like it when they think their favourites have lied to them so I can very much see why D&P may have taken issue with Chris saying that stuff publicly.

The apology he gave when he deleted his account stressing the the opinions he gave were not the opinions of Dan, Phil or PJ made me think at least one of them must have had words with him about it.
Skeletorsrighthand
living flop

confetti-j wrote:
Not on that tweet but.
Chris did mention the bestfreind challenge pewds and pj did.
Its the live show on july 13th around 15:11
Thats all ive got.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
papierklemmen
flower crown

Skeletorsrighthand wrote:
confetti-j wrote:
Not on that tweet but.
Chris did mention the bestfreind challenge pewds and pj did.
Its the live show on july 13th around 15:11
Thats all ive got.
yeah, fancybum mentioned it their summary:
15:10 - kickthepewds or kickthestickz
"Pj uploads a video with Pewds called 'the best friend challenge'? I don't even know where to start with that."
"I haven't watched the video, I couldn't"
"I'm only joking, pewdiepie's great, I like Pewds. It's basically just because they live in the same town, I think. Boredom."

He'll do a Best Friend Challenge with Dean Dobbs. "He's my best friend! He doesn't know it yet, but-"

"Anyway kickthestickz is over, he's got a girlfriend. The ship has been dismantled, pulled apart for scrap."

40:10 - Are you sad about kickthepewds?
"I'm not sad. I'm never sad. But I now have a desire to get more subscribers than pewdiepie so that PJ makes the Best Friend Challenge with me again. Maybe we should do the Worst Friend Challenge because I am a bad friend; I never go to his house, I don't play games with him. All I do is once in awhile I'll drive past his building and egg his windows. He doesn't know it's me but..."
btw, as someone who wasn't here when FF was a thing, was kickthestickz always an ironic ship or did chris have some kind of a onesided crush on pj? i know he's sarcastic af but sometimes it's hard to tell if he's joking or if it's a coping mechanism lol