Happy 1 Year To Us

Post questions, comments, concerns, and suggestions about this forum here.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Dear IDB members,

Can you believe that 1 year on we are 1051 members strong with 551 topics posted, 53272 total posts and approximately 146 posts per day in 365 days.

There aren't enough words out there to explain how proud we feel of this community, it has been so exciting to see this place grow and we hope that it is a place that you feel happy to post in. We always strive to keep this place fun and fresh and somewhere that everyone feels welcome to be a part of.

To celebrate our 1 year anniversary and to say thank you to every user, who has helped us make IDB what it is, we have been working hard behind the scenes to make you a 'Dan and Phil galaxy' mobile layout. You can find this by changing your layout following: User Control Panel > Board Preferences > my board style > IDB Galaxy.
(There may be some small changes we need to make in the future, and if you find anything that needs changing then please let us know.)

Again, thank you all for contributing to IDB and making it the place it is today.
From, The Mods.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
majitzu
angel bean

1 year in this hell wow
I love you all guys
karma_yeah
philussy

Thank you missemma, and to all of the mods and contributors to idb, for 365 days of bants, laughs, love, and community.

Here's to another year!
What goes around, comes around Image
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Thanks so much to all of you who started this place and congrats to all of us here for making it lovely!

A year on in my own personal journey, I'm still not sure how I got in the , but this space has made it safe and happy and fun, even for a middle-aged nose pervert. I love interacting with so many people of so many different ages, genders, orientations, nationalities--in short, so many perspectives even if we sometimes seem to agree on so much. It's a great learning experience. :platonic:

I'm trying out the new theme, and it does match my new galaxy backpack. And I'll never ever get tired of all the wonderful emoji! :yippee:

Here's to another year of In Depth Bants.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ahhhh!!! You guys, this is fantastic! Typing this from mobile right now and I'm SO PLEASED. Thank you and Happy Birthday to IDB!

They grow up so fast! :sobs:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I honestly can't believe it's been a year.

While we're feeling nostalgic, here's a throwback screenshot I found on my phone of what IDB looked like on March 27th! We only kept this theme for like two days.

Memories.
busy being happy~
iero
phabergé

i can't believe it's been a year! the mobile skin is so helpful, thank you
PolarFox
truth bomb

I can't believe it's been a year. Here is to many more to come :platonic:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
greenfaces
placenta

Congratulations :-D to everyone who has work hard on the forum you guys im mainly a lurker but i've been here a while now and its realy cool to see how the community grows heres to more years of cool people n obsessing over deppy
lilMango
morning quiff

Happy Birthday IDB!! oh my god I have SO much appreciation for all the mods who manage to run this joint and the people who post here periodically.
My personal IDB birthday is in two days aah! it's so crazy to think about how many friends i've made because of this site. you truly brought me into this world and although I lurk more often than I post, i don't think I will manage to get out of it for a long while :")

im looking at that old screenshot and feeling nostalgic?? for something that was around just a year ago? its so weird LOL
anyway thanks for making this place great!
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
swofro
angel bean

Happy birthday to us!

Earlier this morning, I take a trip down the memory lane and read our old 'what happened to gg' thread and wow, I can't believe it had been a year. I still remember the apocalyptic week like it was yesterday. So many things had happened since the mutiny. Lol, mutiny.

I am proud of how far idb had grown too. 1000+ members and 40 main threads in a year, that's amazing.

I recently read an old forum about gundam and it has posts that were dated back to 2005. I hope that will be us someday. When dnp finally retired from entertaining people on youtube, the dust has settle, and they are no longer the kings of youtube, this forum will still be here.

Congrats to us for 1 year of idb. Here is to more great bants in the future
Love is forever
mio
#relatable

Congratulations and thanks again to everybody working behind the scenes of this lovely forum (did I menstion how much I love using a forum again after all these years? It's so nice and convenient compared to modern giant social media sites)

Anyway I've had the mobile theme on for a bit now and I noticed something: in the subforum's list of threads it now only says when the thread was originally posted and not when the last post was made. I think it might be more useful to see the last poster so you know whether to check the thread or not. Now you need to go to the last page of a thread and scroll down to find out if e.g. somebody replied to what you said already.
Just an idea though :)
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

mio wrote: Anyway I've had the mobile theme on for a bit now and I noticed something: in the subforum's list of threads it now only says when the thread was originally posted and not when the last post was made. I think it might be more useful to see the last poster so you know whether to check the thread or not. Now you need to go to the last page of a thread and scroll down to find out if e.g. somebody replied to what you said already.
I used to use this method until I stumbled upon the forum's best unadvertised feature. If you are logged in (with any theme) and go to "Board Index", you will see a bunch of choices listed under the date/time. If you click "View unread posts" you'll get a list of threads that have been updated since you last visited them. If you then click the little doodad to the left of the thread name, you will (usually) be taken to the first new post in that thread. (Sometimes it seems to get confused if the thread has moved on to a new page.)

I used to only log in when I wanted to post, but this way of keeping up with all the threads is so convenient I'm logged in almost all the time.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
mio
#relatable

LeftHandedism wrote:
mio wrote: Anyway I've had the mobile theme on for a bit now and I noticed something: in the subforum's list of threads it now only says when the thread was originally posted and not when the last post was made. I think it might be more useful to see the last poster so you know whether to check the thread or not. Now you need to go to the last page of a thread and scroll down to find out if e.g. somebody replied to what you said already.
I used to use this method until I stumbled upon the forum's best unadvertised feature. If you are logged in (with any theme) and go to "Board Index", you will see a bunch of choices listed under the date/time. If you click "View unread posts" you'll get a list of threads that have been updated since you last visited them. If you then click the little doodad to the left of the thread name, you will (usually) be taken to the first new post in that thread. (Sometimes it seems to get confused if the thread has moved on to a new page.)

I used to only log in when I wanted to post, but this way of keeping up with all the threads is so convenient I'm logged in almost all the time.
Thanks that helps a lot already!

I still think it might be more useful to see in the overview when a thread was updated instead of when it was opened, if there's only room for one of those pieces of information on the simpler mobile layout but Idk if this is even technically possible so
~ IT'S A HORSE SUSAN ~
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

mio wrote:
LeftHandedism wrote:

Thanks that helps a lot already!

I still think it might be more useful to see in the overview when a thread was updated instead of when it was opened, if there's only room for one of those pieces of information on the simpler mobile layout but Idk if this is even technically possible so
I'll have a look into it for you but it might not be possible to change it. I'll try though :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: