Dan & Phil Part 54: Born in the fires of the internet

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pmcitizen_erased I forget which video Janice from the shop was mentioned in, but Phil jokes that he thinks he might be getting close to her or something, anyone recall? I have no idea where Sabrina is from originally, but she is mentioned by Dan as Phil's pregnant wife in a ls. He seemed quite amused.
Someone started a rumor in phandom in January that Phil was married and his wife was pregnant. I think it's one of those things where someone made a blog ("phangate") about how Knew it was Totally Real. Dan and Phil both got questions on younow about it, and both answered. When Dan answered he said Phil's wife's name was Sabrina, when Phil answered he used Janice. Timestamps of them both talking about it under the cut:
Dan talks about Sabrina at 39:24:

And at 39:35 here Phil acts out the lead up to the divorce with Janice:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 pmcitizen_erased I forget which video Janice from the shop was mentioned in, but Phil jokes that he thinks he might be getting close to her or something, anyone recall? I have no idea where Sabrina is from originally, but she is mentioned by Dan as Phil's pregnant wife in a ls. He seemed quite amused.
Someone started a rumor in phandom in January that Phil was married and his wife was pregnant. I think it's one of those things where someone made a blog ("phangate") about how Knew it was Totally Real. Dan and Phil both got questions on younow about it, and both answered. When Dan answered he said Phil's wife's name was Sabrina, when Phil answered he used Janice. Timestamps of them both talking about it under the cut:

Oh my god that's hilarious. Thanks for helping me out with this one guys! :bigthumbsup:

In the meantime Phil's been asking the important questions on Twitter:
sparkle
blobfish

Popping in just to say that I can prove that Dan is a rat

Rats can only see in blue and green

Phils bedsheets are blue and green - and Phil is associated a lot with these colours.

Dan is attracted to Phil because of the colours because he's a rat.

#danratconfirmed #ratgate :illuminati:

(Also looking forward on catching up on things when I return to the UK. I'm SO HAPPY they did Overcooked - I have been asking for weeks - but lowkey annoyed I was abroad for it :lol:)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
fancybum
senpai

confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm I feel like the odd one out because I completely disagree with feeling annoyed with tweets like this. Nor do I agree with him needing to talk more about whatever he has just to have it "not to have it come across as disingenuous". Just because your successful and have everything you could ever want in life, does not mean you're exempt from having bad days or mental health. I don't know Dan, I don't know how he feels mentally but why wouldn't I give him the benefit of the doubt? There hasn't been any reason not too, just because someone says "oh I'm fine, I'm just joking" does not mean they totally are fine every-time (that's something so many people, myself included, would know all about). And in fact, Dan had talked about the things he's struggled with before a little. So yeah, I'll give the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this. I don't know him or his mental health so like, I can't judge him on it.

It kinda irritates me to see people across the phandom praising the idea of dan doing a mental health video but then is annoyed at him the moment he's "being too relatable/pandering to a teen audience". What exactly do you want someone to do when they don't wanna be extremely open with their mental health but still joke about it? This isn't a jab at anyone here, but more of a question.
Thanks for saying this, similar things have been on my mind throughout the whole mental health video discussion. Because everybody wants to dismantle the stigma of speaking more openly about mental health struggles, but every time somebody does speak more openly (or at all) about their own experiences, they get piled on for not doing it properly (whatever that means) or doing it too much (which is it's own issue since getting too specific can trigger people or cause other problems like that whole thing with Dodie :? ) or not enough and on and on. I think if he does want to talk about it because he wants to, then he should do it how ever he feels most comfortable. Whether that's making meh 'jokes' on twitter or speaking more frankly in liveshows, cool. I'm leaning further and further away from him doing a main channel video though just because the reaction will be so tiresome and upsetting. It's just land mines everywhere.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai

:stan: Bless you for these dizzy. Somehow I hadn't watched all of that ls with Phil. I think I started to early on and his streams just didn't hold my interest at that time. That's brilliant.

The mention of Phil in the Club and the Rise Above campaign made me think of this. Maybe not completely open and 100% honest, but a nice chill, not very persona heavy Phil.

Umm Phil those <o> <o> are totally two TIE X2 ships.
howadorableright
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

[Offtopic]is there any way to see an old deleted tweet with the link: https://mobile.twitter.com/danisnotonfi ... 7707337728[/Offtopic]
back back back back again
Elemancy
butt chair

**Also, just remembered, on the topic of emotional videos, Dan's College Dropout video always resonated with me as a revealing honest look at his struggle with trying to integrate himself in university and not being happy with the effort and why despite his own reservations/popular criticism against the decision of dropping out, he decided to take time off for his own wellbeing to really assess what he wanted to do and focus his time on accomplishing something that made him happy rather than constantly stressed.

Can't imagine it was the easiest decision for him to make or comfortable for him to admit to publicly, but I liked the way he presented the reasons leading up to it and the way it was framed as a strictly personal perspective with a generalized message for viewers to try and concentrate on the things and people who make them happy rather than a throwaway comment for everyone to drop out of school and go wild. Kind of like, "this wasn't working for me because x,y and z and if there's something else that isn't working for you specifically, then examine it to understand why and try to find alternate methods that contribute to your wellbeing before it's too late and you've invested too much time and effort in something that's only made you miserable and done more harm than good in the end."

It's a video with so many views and likes that I think many people related to that idea if not his specific reasons for dropping out. It's such a vulnerable position to be in for many people for many reasons to not be able to pursue a college degree, but I like his subtle suggestion that there are alternate means for happiness and fulfillment if the traditional path for success isn't lining up for one reason or another. It's why I also think he could film a video talking about his mental health/emotional wellbeing in a way that could be framed as a strictly personal snapshot into his own thought process and experiences without alienating other viewers with their own diverse experiences by allowing them to take away their own positive message from it if they found a comment they related to strongly, rather than seeing it as a lecture laying out what must they do or think. (although, inevitably I'm sure the comments would be divided regardless as it's still a very sensitive and personal topic. which makes me think Dan's tweets hinting at it are an easier middle ground to navigate over an in-depth video that could go either way in inviting a firestorm of less diplomatic opinions and criticism than he'd be comfortable with.)

Also, :thanks: to fancybum and confusedpanda's posts.
:dildo:
fondsmiles
phabergé

dizzy was so much quicker. but since it took me ages here you go anyway:
I searched for the clips on youtube and uploaded them, since I couldn't find them anywhere on youtube besides from in the liveshows.
[Offtopic]I couldn't find the clips for ages, looking through so many liveshows, until I suddenly remembered that there's a timestamp thread exactly for this reason here on idb :facepalm2: thanks, @fancybum, for the stamps you made about the janice liveshow, i owe you one.
searching "phil and janice" on youtube also lead me to an adorable old couple dancing. i can't believe we've gotten a look into what phil and janice will look like when they're older
[/Offtopic]
[x]
[x]
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fondsmiles wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 pm

I searched for the clips on youtube and uploaded them, since I couldn't find them anywhere on youtube besides from in the liveshows.
Omg you put the clips together, you totally win (the non-existent compilation). There is nothing I love more than when someone has snipped out good bits of a liveshow so there's no need to be reliant on timestamps or search through a whole show!
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm
blackdenim wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 pm
interruptfireworks wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm
also not to rant but i s2g if dan makes one more of those 'oh my god i'm so relatable, i wear black & don't go outside' tweets after this long streak of them i feel as if i'll just about keel over like COME ON. does no one else find them at least a little bit annoying or irritating? honestly get 2nd hand embarrassment from them.
If he was talking more explicitly about feeling depressed/anxious/agoraphobic etc despite all these things I would feel a lot more respect for him but as it stands it feels like he's just trying to be relatable to the teens in his audience and it comes across as disingenuous.
I feel like the odd one out because I completely disagree with feeling annoyed with tweets like this. Nor do I agree with him needing to talk more about whatever he has just to have it "not to have it come across as disingenuous". Just because your successful and have everything you could ever want in life, does not mean you're exempt from having bad days or mental health. I don't know Dan, I don't know how he feels mentally but why wouldn't I give him the benefit of the doubt? There hasn't been any reason not too, just because someone says "oh I'm fine, I'm just joking" does not mean they totally are fine every-time (that's something so many people, myself included, would know all about). And in fact, Dan had talked about the things he's struggled with before a little. So yeah, I'll give the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this. I don't know him or his mental health so like, I can't judge him on it.

It kinda irritates me to see people across the phandom praising the idea of dan doing a mental health video but then is annoyed at him the moment he's "being too relatable/pandering to a teen audience". What exactly do you want someone to do when they don't wanna be extremely open with their mental health but still joke about it? This isn't a jab at anyone here, but more of a question.
I see what you mean and especially agree with the bolded part. Now those tweets do annoy me and I guess the reason is that, like the first posters said, some of the things he mentions the most aka
- never going outside
- being alone/not having friends
- not having his life together
are just objectively not true/huge exaggerations. And honestly when I read a tweet by Dan, who
-has a Phil and longtime friends he sees quite often
-has literally travelled the entire world in the past year and is going on holiday with pals next week
-is also literally a millionaire with an incredibly successful career
saying how he's a lonely loser blablabla and
I'm in a period where I actually haven't left my bed except to eat in 10 days nor had any meaningful social interactions in that time or when I'm really struggling over my future, it just makes me feel really really bad and like if for him those are enough reasons to say his life sucks then well is mine even worth living?
Then again, that I react like that is not Dan's fault at all, it's due to my own problems and I can't expect of him to not complain about anything ever because someone might have it worse. It's also not fair to ask someone their entire medical record as soon as they make what might be a coping mechanism kind of joke to be sure they have the ''right'' to.
I'm just trying to explain why from my own point of view, I hate those tweets (and same for the whole existential crisis thing -again he has every right to but I hate how he talks so lightly of such a triggering subject for me).

The thing is, he probably has his own serious anxieties/issues and I wish that if he were to talk about mental health (which I don't expect of him), he would mention his own specific issues and not go with the "i have 0 friends" because it's more relatable or whatever even though this one thing doesn't really apply to him. Basically what blackdenim said.

I don't know if this was very clear, sorry. But yeah, mental health and how we talk about it publicly/on social media is such a tricky subject that I guess it will always be hard to come to a situation that pleases everyone.
annabanana
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 pm
fondsmiles wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Omg you put the clips together, you totally win (the non-existent compilation). There is nothing I love more than when someone has snipped out good bits of a liveshow so there's no need to be reliant on timestamps or search through a whole show!
Let us not forget that Janice has been around since 2015 ya'll....@7:31 Phan who?
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

annabanana wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:07 pm
Let us not forget that Janice has been around since 2015 ya'll....@7:31 Phan who?
Actually though, every time someone mentions Janice my mind goes straight to Phil's bffl instead of to his wife. Though maybe it's the same Janice and they've got that friends to lovers fanfic trope going on
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It's funny with Dan's jokey relatable tweets. I take them with a pinch of salt, but also don't completely dismiss them cos I just don't know how much truth might be behind them. I don't remember everything he's said about it, but when they visited Tumblr his answer to the last question they had included listening to critics a lot and having self-esteem issues about various things, though ever since his meaning of life video, if not before, he's said he's fine, don't worry. And then there's all the my life's a joke, lol j/k in between. It's also possible he really doesn't go out very much. Sure he does for meetings and events, but maybe he prefers his own, and Phil's, company like a lot of introverts do and compares himself to people who love going out a lot, and in comparison is at home a lot of the time. I dunno, I just think he gets dismissed easily when we don't really know how much he might be exaggerating rather than just lying.
blackdenim
procrastinator

AroboticPhil wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:57 pm
confusedpanda wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 pm
blackdenim wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:46 pm
interruptfireworks wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:20 pm
also not to rant but i s2g if dan makes one more of those 'oh my god i'm so relatable, i wear black & don't go outside' tweets after this long streak of them i feel as if i'll just about keel over like COME ON. does no one else find them at least a little bit annoying or irritating? honestly get 2nd hand embarrassment from them.
If he was talking more explicitly about feeling depressed/anxious/agoraphobic etc despite all these things I would feel a lot more respect for him but as it stands it feels like he's just trying to be relatable to the teens in his audience and it comes across as disingenuous.
I feel like the odd one out because I completely disagree with feeling annoyed with tweets like this. Nor do I agree with him needing to talk more about whatever he has just to have it "not to have it come across as disingenuous". Just because your successful and have everything you could ever want in life, does not mean you're exempt from having bad days or mental health. I don't know Dan, I don't know how he feels mentally but why wouldn't I give him the benefit of the doubt? There hasn't been any reason not too, just because someone says "oh I'm fine, I'm just joking" does not mean they totally are fine every-time (that's something so many people, myself included, would know all about). And in fact, Dan had talked about the things he's struggled with before a little. So yeah, I'll give the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this. I don't know him or his mental health so like, I can't judge him on it.

I see what you mean and especially agree with the bolded part. Now those tweets do annoy me and I guess the reason is that, like the first posters said, some of the things he mentions the most aka
- never going outside
- being alone/not having friends
- not having his life together
are just objectively not true/huge exaggerations. And honestly when I read a tweet by Dan, who
-has a Phil and longtime friends he sees quite often
-has literally travelled the entire world in the past year and is going on holiday with pals next week
-is also literally a millionaire with an incredibly successful career
saying how he's a lonely loser blablabla and
Thanks - this, and the rest of your post is exactly what I was trying to say. I don't mean to say that Dan comes across as disingenuous about his mental health, as I said in my original post it's perfectly acceptable if he feels down or anxious or whatever, despite all the great things in his life. I hope that no one here thinks people with good lives are exempt from mental health issues.

It's more that the tone of the tweets 'I never go outside lol relatable quirky internet nerd' irritates me when it's obviously not true and we know that he has a full, rich (in every sense of the word) life. It's fine for him to not want to go outside because he's having a bad mental health day. It's fine for him to talk about his mental health or not talk about his mental health as he sees fit. But when he does tweets like this it feels more like part of his brand than anything else and I don't like the lying or this aspect of his persona.

Also to be honest it's a sore subject every time I see him be like ISN'T IT GREAT TO JUST NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE UGH HUMAN INTERACTION AM I RIGHT??? because I actually didn't leave my house for like 3 months in 2015 due to mental health issues, and there are still days I have to seriously push myself out of the door now, and I swear it's not something to glamorise or promote. But that's probably me being oversensitive.
Grey
lady door

Totally agree that he obviously does leave the house and has friends, and he may just tweet that stuff for his relatable branding. But to play devil's advocate I guess: Dan seems to use hyperbole a lot (everything is the worst/best thing in his entire life, etc). So maybe he has anxiety about leaving the house and hanging out with friends, and he expresses that by saying he has no friends and never goes outside. Obviously that's not actually true but maybe he's expressing a real issue he has with super hyperbolic language. Idk if that makes sense.
I'm having a stress.
aleanna
glabella

My thoughts on Dan's tweet:

When you have depression & anxiety (which I'm saying that Dan does), you're brain lies to you. You may have tons of friends, but your brain says you don't have any. You could be the richest person ever, and your brain could still bombard you with money anxieties.

And, you also know that other people have it worse than you, so you feel even more awful and pathetic for feeling like you do over what other people would consider a wonderful, privileged life.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
goldenmermaid
drama llama

aleanna wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 am My thoughts on Dan's tweet:

When you have depression & anxiety (which I'm saying that Dan does), you're brain lies to you. You may have tons of friends, but your brain says you don't have any. You could be the richest person ever, and your brain could still bombard you with money anxieties.

And, you also know that other people have it worse than you, so you feel even more awful and pathetic for feeling like you do over what other people would consider a wonderful, privileged life.

Just wanted to say I agree with this! objectively, we might see Dan as super successful, has friends, leaves the house etc. but he may not see it like that? to say he's exaggerating/making it up just to be relatable seems harsh

Also, yes he travels a lot... but the majority of that seems to be for work-related stuff, perhaps when it comes to non-work/social life, he really does feel he doesnt leave the house much?
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

@goldenmermaid and @aleanna, you perfectly sum up my thoughts! Objectively speaking, I leave the house at least five days a week for uni and work. That does not erase the fact that I am very socially anxious, and I find leaving my house for social events such as parties etc extremely anxiety inducing.

Dan does appear to leave the house fairly regularly, for work events or small outings with close friends. Doesn't mean that he doesn't personally experience anxiety surrounding going out (exacerbated, I'm sure, by the very real potential that he will bump into/be closely observed by subscribers). He himself has used the terms 'mild agoraphobia' and 'social anxiety' to describe himself, and this coupled with the many references he has made that imply depressive tendencies may suggest that his 'self-deprecating' jokes stem very much from reality, or at least his perceived reality.

We ultimately do not know enough about Dan or his life to suggest that he is making these jokes irresponsibly. I agree that they can be a bit overdone/tiring/boring as they're pretty generic by this point, and they personally don't provide me with much entertainment, but I really don't think that just because Dan's job and close circle of friends provide him with the opportunity to leave the house from time to time, this means he doesn't experience social anxiety or perceive himself in a self-deprecating way.

I feel like I didn't word this very well, but I guess I just wanted to say that the aspects of Dan's life that we see (e.g. him speaking at fancy sponsored panels) are only a tiny portion of it, and that we are not privy to a majority of the things Dan does/thinks/feels/experiences. As such, we can't conclude that he's only making these jokes to be relatable with the teens, or that he is lying about how anti-social he is etc.
Elemancy
butt chair

Grey wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:06 am Totally agree that he obviously does leave the house and has friends, and he may just tweet that stuff for his relatable branding. But to play devil's advocate I guess: Dan seems to use hyperbole a lot (everything is the worst/best thing in his entire life, etc). So maybe he has anxiety about leaving the house and hanging out with friends, and he expresses that by saying he has no friends and never goes outside. Obviously that's not actually true but maybe he's expressing a real issue he has with super hyperbolic language. Idk if that makes sense.
It does make sense. I think everyone has modes of self-expression that are widely varied from person to person and Dan's way of expressing himself leans towards hyperbole as much as it does towards eloquent, drawn out observations as shown in the interview with Sue Perkins or even the page in tabinof where he and Phil used emojis to represent their answers where Phil's answers tended to be summed up neatly in one or two images while Dan might use a whole string of them to convey a thought, something that carries over in tweets and videos when he leans back and forth between "waffly" thoughtfulness and exaggerated humor. But I can see how the tone can appear grating to someone, taking into consideration the pitfall of seemingly glamorizing something serious, but at the same time, as someone who’s already demonstrated a preference towards approaching his problems with humor, I think it’s just how Dan finds comfort with whatever emotional duress or doubts he’s dealing with, something that also just so happens to resonate with a wide group of people as well, though obviously not everyone.

And I think he’s well aware that we’re all well aware that he does have friends and that he does go outside, but he still feels an obvious need to express whatever specific discomfort he continues to have with himself and the very idea of social interaction despite how much he's achieved and how well he's known. Maybe out of catharsis to have the relief in knowing how he’s feeling is shared by others and maybe by trying to find a middle ground between sharing a small part of how he’s feeling or thinking to grant more insight without revealing more than he wishes to or feels might be appropriate or welcome. I think it’s tricky to find a universally appropriate tone of self-expression on the internet that doesn’t come off as ingratiating or disingenuous while not editing yourself completely to fit the expectations of what people think you should say or feel instead of how you really want to express yourself, specifically when talking about such a personal topic about mental health where people’s coping methods and treatments are just as widely varied and nuanced as well and saying the wrong thing can be damaging on both sides.
For me, personally, I’ve never seen him as romanticizing it. I’ve had to leave school and many jobs because of my anxiety and it’s a real source of stress and humiliation for me daily, so I see Dan’s humor as taking this painfully tense, difficult part of my life and giving it a more lighthearted, absurdist take that makes me feel less like a sad sack of shit and more like I have permission to laugh at myself and take a breath to carry on towards getting to a place where it’s not an overwhelming cloud blotting out my ability to do the things I’d like to do.

I think over time the language and tone he uses has become absorbed into the collective social consciousness of the internet as a popular idiom of sorts that like anything repeated and shared over and over and over takes on a tired, meaningless ring to it after a while, stripping it of its initial purpose, but I wonder if that’s more the fault of the “system” instead of a case for Dan pandering to his audience. (Hasn’t he always showed an inclination towards dark or self-deprecating humor since early on? )
He’s obviously found some kind of refuge in it and as a result it just naturally segued into becoming associated with him and his “branding,” more I think to do once again with the way he’s collectively perceived or the way people tend to favor and amplify one trait or comment over others like the whole Phil=sun and Dan=moon thing, speaking to the natural tendency to reduce a person down to what’s perceived as the most interesting or relatable qualities while ignoring everything else. As someone who’s a public figure with an online career based around his life, Dan’s right in the middle of this subtle conversation going on. He can be caricaturized as easily as he can be criticized and trying to find a space in between to come across as genuine and humorous when addressing more personal aspects about his life and mental health without being misunderstood or oversimplified sounds like an uphill battle.

(hope my waffly waffle made sense)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay, all previous emoticons should be restored - along with a few new ones. ;)
Don't forget there's an Emoticon request thread. If there's something you'd like for us to have, we'll do our best! :undertaledog:
Lain
eclipse shirt

Re: Dan's tweet

1) Eyes did roll
2) Acknowledged Dan's self-proclaimed tweet-struggle and appreciated the tweet for what is was
3) Liked said tweet because I click that heart without hesitation by now #forshame
4) Logged in to IDB, read discourse, had a private chuckle/sigh at persona!Phil's barely acknowledged tweets vs Dan's
5) Probably whimpered "it's not that deep" and died?

At the end of the day ... it's probably just a relatable tweet - not dishonest. He's definitely a SELF-DEPRECATING JOKE COPING MECHANISM enthusiast, right?
aleanna
glabella

I'm glad that people here understood agreed with my post, but I feel the need to fix it!

(which I'm NOT saying that Dan does)

whew...i feel better now.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am Okay, all previous emoticons should be restored - along with a few new ones. ;)
Don't forget there's an Emoticon request thread. If there's something you'd like for us to have, we'll do our best! :undertaledog:
Yes! :sparkle: :lilheart: :6-year-old dan: :lilheart: :sparkle:

Awwwwwww....perfect label on this middle one <3 :

:prideheart: :biheart: :2022: :biheart: :prideheart:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Elemancy
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am Okay, all previous emoticons should be restored - along with a few new ones. ;)
I will love and appreciate that dog with all my heart. :lilheart: <--see?

:happytears: this is pretty incredible too.
Last edited by Elemancy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

aleanna wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:41 am

I'm glad that people here understood agreed with my post, but I feel the need to fix it!

(which I'm NOT saying that Dan does)

whew...i feel better now.
Oh I was wondering about that! Thanks for clarifying.
Thank you guys! The new emoticons look great, and glad to have the old ones back!