Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Image Image
src: sadistdan

:sparkle: was this a disco fever dream? :sparkle:

human
dan hand trash

I’d like to take this moment to thank the higher beings for Anthony Padilla and his Instagram story. Watching it really was the most fun a (of consenting age) girl can have without taking her clothes off.
dontpanic
#relatable

American Dan Howell is a godsend, thank you for providing the content other vloggers fail to do. And lol British Anthony Padilla yanking off Philly's skates is what this world needs.

Re: the gaming vid. It was an average vid but I don't care that it's spon, deppy almost never do spon compared to like almost every other youtuber out there, and I'm still on a high from mariokart anyway. As long as the words "audible dot com" or "lootcrate" never leave their lips I'm fine.

offtopic, but tell me if I'm imagining this...did Maryanne tell off Even or someone for trying to film Deppy at vidcon or something? I have no idea why I'm suddenly remembering this but I need to know if I'm going insane.
edit: maybe that's why barely anyone stealth-films deppy anymore... Maryanne secretly lurks in the shadows until she spots someone taking a creepshot, where then she pounces and destroys all phantasy footage. It's a smart marketing move--limit irl deppy content so fans have to rewatch their videos to remind ourselves that deppy do actually exist
zessei
smol bean

@dontpanic
Not sure if you were thinking of this, but I remember that Marianne apparently got angry in SimplyNailogical's vlog, but the footage was still posted so :? Don't remember Evan trying to film deppy. Edit: unless you mean further back than this year, my memory is not that good :oops:

At 8:42

But hahaha yes :rofl: I can totally see where you're coming from. The real reason why deppy get those views :illuminati:
Last edited by zessei on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

I was asleep when it was time for the thread name vote but can I just say that this is the top quality I've come to expect from IDB :stan: :stan:

I'm glad the guys are having so much fun in Madrid. Getting to spend so much time with Anthony without having to travel halfway across the world must have been a big motivation for them to do the event!

The gaming video was :sleepypuppy: but I did chuckle at Phil and his dick cannons so can't write it off completely. They'll do better next time I'm sure - we must be due both a Sims and a DD very soon.
felucca
truth bomb

I just woke up and I think I'm still dreaming.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I wonder if they're feeling their leg muscles this morning or if all the jogging had prepared them. Assuming Dan ever got that boot off Phil's foot. I hope Phil talks about that in his next liveshow, it's funny how it's always him.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I still don't believe that was real. God bless everyone who filmed them(mostly Anthony) for all this content.
malday
emo goose

zessei wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 am Not sure if you were thinking of this, but I remember that Marianne apparently got angry in SimplyNailogical's vlog, but the footage was still posted so Don't remember Evan trying to film deppy. Edit: unless you mean further back than this year, my memory is not that good
I think she didn't like that they were filming her. That's why the footage was posted but they hid her face.

There's a 3rd day? How much content will we get from this?
liola
rankussy

malday wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:57 am There's a 3rd day? How much content will we get from this?
Oh my heart, Phil looks particularly lovely in that video, his hair :love2: :love2: :love2:

Some more content here and there, I feel like we're gonna find random pics for the next days
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think based on something a different youtuber posted in the creator summit hashtag, it might only be a half day today? Either way I really hope they trickle into the background of vlogs and photos for the next week because this is honestly the most fun type of Where's Waldo ever. Who's gonna be the next Lilly Singh, providing us with background deps in a corner? (Though it does look like Anthony was a perma-third wheel this time around. But at least Anthony knows how to make the most of the situation.)

They look pretty uncomfortable in that one, but I feel like they usually do in group selfies. I guess the real question is: did they get separated in the shuffle or is Anthony literally taking Dan's place?
sparkle
blobfish

I go away for ONE evening to go and see It :? (8/10 would recommend, made me remember why he's my favourite author, brb going to fall into a Stephen King book hole....)

but thank you Anthony Padilla, thank you for blessing us all with the content none of us knew we needed :stan: :thankyou: :garbage: I can't stop laughing over Dan taking off Phil's roller-skate - its making my heart happy
flarequake wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 am I wonder if they're feeling their leg muscles this morning or if all the jogging had prepared them. Assuming Dan ever got that boot off Phil's foot. I hope Phil talks about that in his next liveshow, it's funny how it's always him.
THEORY: Phil is Neville Longbottom :illuminati:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
rainydays
sofa crease

You can also see them here sat on the sofa.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

rainydays wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:41 pm You can also see them here sat on the sofa.
I'm sorry, is Dan wearing their own merch? :thekoolkatz:
autumnhearth
senpai

Good morning folks. First of all, brilliant thread name! The only thing I could think of last night was "disco dads" and I didn't want that to be it, so cheers to the pun master twix! :ribena: I have borrowed the phrase for my Tumblr tags and even twisted it to tag fics inspired last night as "phanfic! at the disco".

One thing that amused me about last night's disco fever was that Dan just had his silver silk shirt draped over his Alexander McQueen jumper, not closed. Which was what made me think that clothes/props were just provided and people were pulling them over their clothes (Phil was also wearing the poet shirt over his dino tee) and I thought Dan just wasn't committing as much. But then you see Anthony and other creators definitely wearing their 70's garb against their skin and that just made me roll my eyes at Dan even more thinking he was being fussy, until I realized he was making the black grid jumper a part of his disco aesthetic. :blackheart:

All this content resulted in weird dreams for me last night.
I was at a meeting, sort of like a summit, but not for YT. It was science related, with a presentation from the creator of some complex revolutionary machine that might have related to time travel/space travel and/or fighting cancer. You know, something important... and I was supposed to be taking notes on equations, but I could not absorb any information. I was too tired. I was sat next to my husband, trying to peak at his notes and he said something about me reblogging the photo of his new Tumblr icon (he doesn't have Tumblr) only it was a photo of Dan. Then suddenly my husband was in a Dan form... like a temporary copy of his body and I was *not* at all happy. The only thing I appreciated was his height, but he was wearing wide blue jeans and it was just all wrong and I wanted it to end. Also in the dream I remembered meeting the real Dan, again in a meeting, this time for some sort of fine arts council, back in December, when I had only watched a handful of their videos and wasn't fully invested. I remembered shaking his hand and not embarrassing myself and that was good I guess.
Does anyone know what kind of food is in the background of the breakfast clip? At first I thought the were giant fries/chips/potato wedges and onion rings, but... could they be like fun funnely French toast? Phil looks really good in his denim jacket!

I'm not really thinking we'll get a DITL out of this trip, even if they had half of today or tomorrow to film, people know their in the city. I do look forward to more pics and clips trickling in. What are the chances that they will be home tomorrow for Phil's liveshow? I'm thinking it's more likely that we'll get Dil.
blackdenim
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm Does anyone know what kind of food is in the background of the breakfast clip? At first I thought the were giant fries/chips/potato wedges and onion rings, but... could they be like fun funnely French toast? Phil looks really good in his denim jacket!
It's Churros! The Spanish breakfast of dreams - basically just crunchy fried dough with chocolate sauce. I was so jealous as I ate my omelette this morning.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

A cute pic :')
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Now this is hella cute, mostly thanks to Dan with his head on Caspar's shoulder, but also Joe nearly being as tall as Phil in his skates. Caspar looks good and, damn, Phil in black too, and I love how he's still wearing those grey shoes with the green laces everywhere. He used to mix it up more (I'd love to find a pair in brown and pink, I went through two and can't find them again).
autumnhearth
senpai

blackdenim wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:20 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm Does anyone know what kind of food is in the background of the breakfast clip? At first I thought the were giant fries/chips/potato wedges and onion rings, but... could they be like fun funnely French toast? Phil looks really good in his denim jacket!
It's Churros! The Spanish breakfast of dreams - basically just crunchy fried dough with chocolate sauce. I was so jealous as I ate my omelette this morning.
Oh of course it is! I feel silly. Jealous as well. Thanks!

That's a very cute group pic. :love2:
liola
rankussy

captainspacecoat wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:30 pm A cute pic :')
Now this is fucking cute! <3 I actually like Joe a lot, I don't really follow Caspar but it looks like he's in good relationship with Dan and Phil, given how they joke around when they're in the same place. Zoe also replied at Dan's video of Caspar, I always thought if they hung out more they'd be nice friends, given they also have Louise in common.

Anyway, they're super cute and so much content, it seems neverending. I'm almost okay with no deppy selfie!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

liola wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:44 pm
Now this is fucking cute! <3 I actually like Joe a lot, I don't really follow Caspar but it looks like he's in good relationship with Dan and Phil, given how they joke around when they're in the same place. Zoe also replied at Dan's video of Caspar, I always thought if they hung out more they'd be nice friends, given they also have Louise in common.

Anyway, they're super cute and so much content, it seems neverending. I'm almost okay with no deppy selfie!
This picture makes my heart explode. Dan looks so soft.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
Waggle9007
sofa crease

This is adorable! But it also made me realise that as things stand, we'll likely never get a picture of Dan being soft with Phil like he is with Caspar in that picture, just because of the phandom reaction, and that makes me sad. Idk I've just had a really bad few weeks, and the content we've been getting from this creator summit has made me feel so much better, but I guess I still like making myself feel sad about things :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I realize at this point I'm just Dudley Dursley complaining that I really need one more present because I'm not satisfied with the massive pile of deppy related gifts the universe has given us in the past two days....

But I'm really craving a pic of just the two of them now.

Anyway, this one's cute too:

imruined
banned

Re: the gaming video. I also have never watched the live shows or really been a part of the phandom until now. I've been a casual Dan fan for a while now, but only recently got more into phandom stuff, so I also don't notice the community aspect so much. I LOVED Mario Kart, but can't stand Dream Daddy, so I think for me personally, the problem isn't necessarily limited to the lack of gaming series or spons or flash games, but rather that I don't think they balance out the sandbox games and easy games with games that challenge them, which I think are more fun to watch because you can tell they are really enjoying them and it's closer to how they play games in real life. I think Undertales was good because it had a story but also a skill aspect. I think it would have been really fun for them to have played more Crash Bandicoot. I don't usually watch gaming channels, but I watched Pewdiepie play The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us ages ago and I would love to see D&P play some Telltale games. I actually think Telltale games are really well suited to YouTube.

Also, I'm living for all the Phanthony content we have been getting since he left Smosh.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Do they only have one suitcase between them? (Why is that so cute, if it's true?)