Dan & Phil Part 56: Phanthony! at the Disco

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

Ticia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

One of many reasons that fandoms in general are hated is this exact reason - leaking stuff because you wanna look like you have an inside scoop, you wanna brag that you found out first & then sharing it is so disrespectful to the people that you support.

Guaranteed they wanted to do this announcement their own way but now since it's been put out there, it ruins the whole entire thing.

This really pisses me off that someone would want to ruin the reveal for Dan & Phil. They are very meticulous about how they do things; for example, the trailer for their book release was huge so who's to say that they didn't have something special planned to announce the game?

Some info isn't meant to be shared & this was one of those things.
Chill, mate.

No one broke into their home to steal the game. It was a fan that casually found it and, because they were excited about it, decided to share it with a fandom forum.

And, on that matter, please get off your high horse, "casual stalker": you're in a fandom (this) just like everybody else is. Want to know what creates a bad image of any fandom? fans whining about irrelevant stuff.

I'm not whining, I don't need to "chill mate" & as far as being on a high horse - having an opinion doesn't put me on a high horse - you know like you are allowed your opinion & I'm allowed to have mine as well.

It was wrong to post the pics. So the store that put it out made a mistake but the person who posted the pic shouldn't have shared them. The obvious reasoning being that it hasn't once been mentioned at all by Dan or Phil so it wasn't meant to be known about therefore why share it when you know for a fact that no one, NO ONE knew about it. If it was talked about on any platform by Dan &/or Phil & it wasn't a secret, then fine post them all you want but NO ONE knew about it so why do that??

You need to back off & look at this whole thing from all sides before you come at me.
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

feenix wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:24 pm Y'all I deleted the pics from imgur but I don't know if they've deleted on here as the site is being very slow. Can a mod/admin delete them maybe? I've had contact from Big Potato as they've seen the pics and Dan and Phil want it to be a surprise. I've helped them contact all the other stores that have it in stock as I'm sure it would be only a matter of time before someone else posts pics of it. They're super thankful to me for helping them realise the mistake but errr yeah I feel like the pics should be deleted from here too.
Well that was dumb of them... Why'd they let it be released in stores? Do they not know what the Phandom is?
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:33 pm
Ticia wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:04 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm I saw the pics from that game posted on Instagram - I don't think it's right to post pics of something before they announce it. It's obviously something that they worked very hard on & for it to be leaked shitty. If I had that info before anyone else I would keep it to myself, no one gave people the right to post pics & share them.

One of many reasons that fandoms in general are hated is this exact reason - leaking stuff because you wanna look like you have an inside scoop, you wanna brag that you found out first & then sharing it is so disrespectful to the people that you support.

Guaranteed they wanted to do this announcement their own way but now since it's been put out there, it ruins the whole entire thing.

This really pisses me off that someone would want to ruin the reveal for Dan & Phil. They are very meticulous about how they do things; for example, the trailer for their book release was huge so who's to say that they didn't have something special planned to announce the game?

Chill, mate.

No one broke into their home to steal the game. It was a fan that casually found it and, because they were excited about it, decided to share it with a fandom forum.

And, on that matter, please get off your high horse, "casual stalker": you're in a fandom (this) just like everybody else is. Want to know what creates a bad image of any fandom? fans whining about irrelevant stuff.
I'm not whining, I don't need to "chill mate" & as far as being on a high horse - having an opinion doesn't put me on a high horse - you know like you are allowed your opinion & I'm allowed to have mine as well.

It was wrong to post the pics. So the store that put it out made a mistake but the person who posted the pic shouldn't have shared them. The obvious reasoning being that it hasn't once been mentioned at all by Dan or Phil so it wasn't meant to be known about therefore why share it when you know for a fact that no one, NO ONE knew about it. If it was talked about on any platform by Dan &/or Phil & it wasn't a secret, then fine post them all you want but NO ONE knew about it so why do that??

You need to back off & look at this whole thing from all sides before you come at me.
You are on a high horse. You're acting superior to other fans. It wasn't anything super scandalous - a fan was just sharing something they found in a store. feenix did nothing wrong and you're making this into a way huger deal that it actually is.

P.S. Yeah I suppose that links were everywhere, but now I'm afraid they might have found IDB and someone working for DNP or DNP themselves are now stalking the forum haha. I suppose someone on the team has got to keep up with what the fans are saying/doing.
Last edited by parallel on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 pm

I actually don't think it's disrespectful - no one broke into their apartment and stole a copy or got it through any illicit means. OP specifically stated that there was no embargo. The game showed up in a bookstore with no instructions, it seems, to not go ahead and buy it? That's no different than if a store had accidentally put it out on the shelf and someone picked it up. It's just like a few weeks ago when IRL Store sent out a backpack early and mistakenly. There's absolutely no reason that fandoms, or any particular member of a fandom, should be hated because companies make mistakes.
This person (if in the phandom) knew that this game hasn't been shared or mentioned at all on the internet by either Dan or Phil & posting a pic would spread like wildfire & it did. It shouldn't have been posted until after it was announced. Just bcuz the store made a mistake doesn't make it ok to share that.
casualIDBstalker
drama llama

I actually don't think it's disrespectful - no one broke into their apartment and stole a copy or got it through any illicit means. OP specifically stated that there was no embargo. The game showed up in a bookstore with no instructions, it seems, to not go ahead and buy it? That's no different than if a store had accidentally put it out on the shelf and someone picked it up. It's just like a few weeks ago when IRL Store sent out a backpack early and mistakenly. There's absolutely no reason that fandoms, or any particular member of a fandom, should be hated because companies make mistakes.
This person (if in the phandom) knew that this game hasn't been shared or mentioned at all on the internet by either Dan or Phil & posting a pic would spread like wildfire & it did. It shouldn't have been posted until after it was announced. Just bcuz the store made a mistake doesn't make it ok to share that.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

obscureDnPreference wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:58 pm
DatCog wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 pm Oh gosh! <3 <3
My heart. Each time I look at it, I see more to love. THE NAIL POLISH <3
Everything about this is precious, right down to the awkwardly holding flowers and the badly done (by phil) nailpolish. I love it. <3 <3

Also I guess we're not getting a video yet because it's just not finished yet. Didn't he say he'd try to get it done today but it might be up later this week?
freesocks
spork

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 pm Yep, he said there's "no way in heck" he's finishing the video tonight, which I suppose one could speculate could be partially because they had some behind the scenes reorganizing to do with the game leak, but could also be because of procrastination and perfectionism. Not complaining nor blaming, I'm perfectly happy with a ls. Maybe Phil will drop in for a promo of the game and/or the cause. Dan mentioned peer pressuring him into the cheese costume this evening, which could just be for a photo, though I would die to see him in it live next to Dan.

I'm soft about the nail painting. My husband paints his nails and I've started painting mine, but there is no way he would agree to paint each other's. Go get a mani pedi together sure, but apparently we don't have the same level of trust or bonding. My husband's nails tend to look just like Dan's after painting them. He's not overly careful as the color will come off the skin after multiple hand washes. I'm much more meticulous and will go back in with a q-tip and nail polish remover after it's dried because I'm just that impatient. I would have painted mine yellow today, if I hadn't just done a brilliant dark purple two days ago.

Aww baby Dan selfie. I'm guessing a fan submitted that and it was somehow a happy accident that the org shared it.
I have pale skin (yay Irish heritage), so I don't own anything yellow as it just about the worst color on me. I wanted to paint my nails because I am into painting my nails colors other than pink, red, and french manicure, but apparently it is the one color I do not own. :shrug:

I think if you are painting your nails for a photo and not to wear to work or something, having someone paint them messily is alright. I don't know if I would let a boyfriend paint my nails. I mean, I would let them, but it would depend on how good they are if I left it or went back and fixed it. Its one thing to have a nail polish disaster in an IG photo for charity and another thing when you are at work or somewhere where you want to be put together I guess.
scientia
phabergé

Is the ls not linked with youtube or Tumblr?
liola
rankussy

casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Mistakes happen. When you're in a business, it's on you to make sure everything run smoothly and there are no complications, not anyone else. You and a lot of other people are acting like the OP sold the game on eBay before it was released. They just took a pic and posted on a fandom platform, to share with other fandom people.

There's nothing awful in it, it isn't hurting their business, the game is still going to get released and promoted and all that great things
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
000dia000
emo goose

liola wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 pm
casualIDBstalker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Mistakes happen. When you're in a business, it's on you to make sure everything run smoothly and there are no complications, not anyone else. You and a lot of other people are acting like the OP sold the game on eBay before it was released. They just took a pic and posted on a fandom platform, to share with other fandom people.

There's nothing awful in it, it isn't hurting their business, the game is still going to get released and promoted and all that great things
I'd nearly argue that this being leaked actually might cause more hype for the game because its such a big surprise. I mean, Dan and Phil will still make their announcement, as they want, when they want, but I think prior phandom knowledge will make it seem more "special" in a way, or is that just me? In that people will do all they can to find out more, research this before it's released, building up the hype and getting people excited to buy.

If it was just released, as was scheduled, then that's that. It's a surprising project, but nothing spectacular. Whoever is interested in buying will buy it, but there's nothing to talk about. But this though? People are talking about it. People are interested. I wouldn't personally buy a board game, and honestly wouldn't have the money, but that doesn't mean I'm searching for pictures, finding everything I can about it, speculating about. This hype and discussion wouldn't be there, but for this leak.

Also it happened, it can't be taken back anyway, so can people just move on?
Last edited by 000dia000 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:cactus:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I'm honestly getting really emotional watching Dan's liveshow right now. He's really comforting at the moment.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
DatCog
blobfish

I’m feeling optimistic about the MH video. Sounds like he’s put a lot of thought and preparation into it and will feature his own personal experiences. Really looking forward to it, hopefully tomorrow :thumb:
parallel
phabergé

oh my god what the hell is the calendar? now i'm so curious. who would we care about more than dnp? the queen?
Ablissa
pastel persona

Their calendar will involve dogs. I'm calling it now.
malday
emo goose

emerald wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm oh my god what the hell is the calendar? now i'm so curious. who would we care about more than dnp? the queen?
A dog, their dog, dogs.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

"You might care more about something or someone in it with us, than us. I know I do."
The calendar's going to be with dogs isn't it?! My hopes are way fucking up now and I'm excited as FUCK. :woohoo:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

emerald wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:05 pm oh my god what the hell is the calendar? now i'm so curious. who would we care about more than dnp? the queen?
It's puppies, it's gotta be puppies.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I go away for school and I come back to four pages and a... board game?

Extremely hyped for whatever this game is, and if it turns out to be That Week in March I'm satisfied.
EDIT: He's talking about that week in march? is this real?

But also for the calendar, someone's going to be posing with them that we're more excited about?
not saying it's a dog but like
Last edited by alch on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiccola
sofa crease

Dan says Youtube "slowed down" the Bloopers video by 5% - hence the deeper voices...
Idk but I don't really buy that :sherlock:

What if it's the other way around and they speed their videos up by 5% hmmm
(At least Dan probably does it in his dinof videos, not sure about DAPG though)

EDIT lol the prediction that he'll address "that week in March" just came true, you guys... :)
onetruetrash
blobfish

alch wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 pm I go away for school and I come back to four pages and a... board game?
Bruh same

I'm glad we're finally gonna find out what that week in march is. I seriously thought it was gonna be another Vegas video.
Ablissa
pastel persona

He says he'll be able to address that week in March after tomorrow, that we're annoying, and that it wasn't that interesting.
I'm now even more interested.

EDIT: he just read out something I said and I'm freaking out (tickets to The Last Jedi premiere, I scored them for 3 euro lol)
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

chiccola wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm
EDIT lol the prediction that he'll address "that week in March" just came true, you guys... :)
After he got at us for asking, I put in chat "YOU TOLD US TO ASK" and he read it. The way he said it and how he responded, I think he forgot he told us to ask about it.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Weirdly i think me and lurker both suggested a board game collab could be possible! Wow one of my D+P Predictions came true! Im so happy :)
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 pm
It's puppies, it's gotta be puppies.
If it's them with dogs, I will buy a calendar. I don't like paper calendars, I don't use paper calendars, but I will buy one just to give money to D+P for putting 12 pictures of them with dogs into the world.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
sorryimnotclever
squish

"I'll call for Phil in ten minutes"
I don't trust Dan anymore with time.

Also, I think he meant real sunflowers cause I believe he said they're really hairy and sticky, but
I think fake sunflowers wouldn't be as unappealing to him.
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Phil is here, I'm living. He's going to put on the cheese dress. This is a great liveshow.