Dan & Phil Part 57: Pinky and the Brain

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Cute video! I love how the science kit comes with a tiny bowl and a even tinier spoon. It fits right in with the vase memes.

The two flat theory can definitely be updated after this - there are two intercoms (or whatever you call that 'phone' that answers the doorbell). How big do places have to be to justify mutiple of those? It's the same model though, so definitely same flat/building. Also, that metal roll container at 6:37 is hideous :lol:
auri
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: they/them

Hello, long time no see (long time no bbc ayy)

I'm sliding back in to the d&p pit. Phil's new vid made me so happy and that was srsly all i needed, as im having a bit of a rough time mental health wise. Goddammit i just love that man. The video was so nice and lovely, lighthearted and lil Danny cameo was such a nice surprise. I just love??? how they casually are having each other in their videos nowadays. Makes me happy. ❤️

Hope you all are having a nice start of the week and happy spooky week and all that jazz.
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

New AP video was nice enough, initially I wasn't sure because I didn't think I'd get into another '5 Things I Regret Buying Video', esp. after the first scene with the coffee marmalade. I enjoyed the rest of it though, it was definitely cute but I doubt I'd rewatch it.

Also, new Nathan Zed video (!!) Glad I'm not the only one thrilled by that :D

I definitely see both sides, especially as a minority myself, so I don't wanna get too into it- but I think that while PDP isn't racist in the "black people are genetically inferior" sense, he is racist by being willing to build a platform where the usage of words that systemically oppress and hurt blacks is acceptable, + he profits off saying discriminatory, inflammatory rhetoric that harms minorities. Still not sure where that leaves DnP, but I wish they'd stop associating with him- I can see why they'd go to a b-day party for Marzia, but I'm still kinda :sideeye: that they went at all
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
malday
emo goose

I wish i could echo everyone's feelings but i think this was the first time i didn't care to finish a video. I guess external factors play a bigger part in my enjoyment of their content than i thought. i'll just reserve watching it when i'm in a better frame of mind.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that was wonderful, I love this man so much. He looks lovely in that tshirt, first of all. I just watched all their baking videos and it’s funny how themes continue (lubricating the baking paper comes up in three of the older ones, more recently of course Phil eating something crucial etc), he’s getting good mileage out of this idea, heck even including toast always reminds me of him saying “you’re better than toast and I really like toast”.

I wouldn’t be into coffee-flavoured marmalade, I don’t like either on their own, but good concept. I love the foot-mops and his slide down the hallway was the cutest thing, actually quite hot cos, you know, legs. Glad he didn’t brain himself on the wall or break his back on the floor. For such a clumsy person, he hasn’t actually broken many bones. Let’s not jinx it, though. The bath light was cute until it was in the dark and then it was hideous. I like the idea of a gentle one for your bedside table, but I can’t sleep unless it’s very dark, so no point really. Though you can’t see it when you’re asleep anyway.

The snow-tree was the cutest thing, it was so pretty. I’m sure I had one once, but I don’t remember it needing to sit in a solution, it had stuff in the cardboard already maybe. He’s so cute with those science toys and things.

Inflatable demon, especially him wearing it, was absolutely hilarious. My immediate thought was a cat would easily pop it with a claw and it would get in the way in a small hallway, but it was so funny. Good to know it vibrates by his butt too. It’s been a while since his butt had an adventure (being bitten, pierced). He does have more money than sense sometimes so I hope he actually wears this to a party. It’s seems a long time since we’ve seen them dress up for Halloween.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 pm The two flat theory can definitely be updated after this - there are two intercoms (or whatever you call that 'phone' that answers the doorbell). How big do places have to be to justify mutiple of those? It's the same model though, so definitely same flat/building. Also, that metal roll container at 6:37 is hideous :lol:
Haha this was the only thing I took from the video, flat speculation. That and the fact they must have had a washing machine changed as there is a box behind that hideous metal thing!
Other than that I think Phil should get a spon deal with Firebox. He spends a lot of money there.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

phil's video was pretty good, nice bit of dan third wheeling.
whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm Also, new Nathan Zed video (!!) Glad I'm not the only one thrilled by that :D
thank god everyone else is sharing my excitement for this over phil's video
000dia000
emo goose

I've loved hearing all the Felix responses, and discussions. More importantly, the kind of borderline, awkward feeling deppy have left for most of us, as we have to make sense and rationalize their behaviour and association with him. I'm disappointed, really. As much as I like to think that they are socially obligated to be friends, and maybe they are changing Felix for the better, the reality is probably that they don't suffer doing what they do, so why change? Also, I don't really appreciate that people are using Marzia as a reason for deppy continuing to be friends. Really? The girlfriend of pewdiepie? Not the best excuse. I don't even know anymore. I'm just tired. Reading all this discussion has just made me tired.

Also, I suppose it's also reading so many frustrated people also makes it worse, because it really kind of affects the trust and respect we have for deppy, in a way? It won't be the same for everybody, but like others have said, I'm really losing faith in their moral values.

One good thing deppy have done: Dan gave us a heads up he was meeting Felix and "will have a talk with him." Imagine if he didn't earn us at all? And that pic showed up with them just cozying up? The fucking horror.

Seeing as I'm dragging the boys, I'll continue:
dancy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:52 pm Found this on Marzia's blog
If they've "played", this before, I question if this was truly their original idea. They have seemed to "makeup" games like the 7 second challenge. I always wonder what rustic, basic game they "tweaked" and called their own :illuminati:

To end positively, I did love Phil's new video. It was very Phil, that's all I'm going to say. Had the perfect balance between him and a lil' bit of Dan. I kind if like this trend if him showing off weird stuff he buys, I don't think these are exactly "impulse" buys though. He plans to buy weird stuff for the video to try out. Still, the format works for him. If only he made videos more often grumble grumble
:cactus:
loonyradish
living flop

I agree with all (or most?) of you - this was a lovely video :love1:
It was definitely worth the waiting before going to bed!
To sum up my thoughts
- the coffee marmelade sounds terrible to me, which might have something to do with the fact that I hate the taste of coffee, why would you ruin a marmelade like this
- the pink mob slippers remind me of sth, but I have no idea what it is.
- did anyone else notice the plushy phil in the background riding the guinea-pig? :lol:
- they still didn't attach those sound absorbing panel things to the wall in the gaming room :lol:
- i love those crystal things! I'd watch a Phil-making-crystals-documentary consisting of multiple parts
- i don't even know what to say to the demon costume omg. And Dan being the third wheel :lol: Also I really enjoy Dan being in the video in form of just his voice? it has something casual-domestic. Does that make sense? Probably not :?

Oh and I didn't even notice the thing with the intercoms, LtrllySusan! Thanks for pointing it out!
lurkin
squish

alch wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 pm phil's video was pretty good, nice bit of dan third wheeling.
whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm Also, new Nathan Zed video (!!) Glad I'm not the only one thrilled by that :D
thank god everyone else is sharing my excitement for this over phil's video
I've stanned deppy for 5 years now, but Nathan Zed has owns my ass in 2017.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I love the thumbnail, it was such sweet AmazingPhil video.

Dan's comment about being the third wheel made me suspicious that he was the one who ended up breaking that costume at the end.

Love Phil's video, they're very relaxing and they make you smile.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This was definitely a last minute filler video. A friend just pointed out to me that Phil didn't even finish rating the last two items, that's how thrown together it was. I'm guessing that instead of Dan having three videos in a row (since Dan originally said he'd have a video over the weekend) they decided it would look better if Phil did a video in between Dan's depression one and the baking one.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I really can't help but think this is how Dan's holds Phil since he's a bit taller than him. I keep looking at that costume and replacing it by Dan.

*cough*alsocan'thelptothinkthat'showphilkissesdan*cough*
ijustwantdeath
squish

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 pm This was definitely a last minute filler video. A friend just pointed out to me that Phil didn't even finish rating the last two items, that's how thrown together it was. I'm guessing that instead of Dan having three videos in a row (since Dan originally said he'd have a video over the weekend) they decided it would look better if Phil did a video in between Dan's depression one and the baking one.
do you think it could be because he wanted to diffuse the felix drama and give us something different to talk about?
fun fun fun
lurker
janice from the shop

as many others, i'm in a weird headspace right now and i haven't really figured out yet what to think. i've said before that i'd draw the line at them interacting publicly with felix in a way that sends the message that it's okay to condone good behaviour. however, the scenario i had in mind was more like "they collab with him or dan calls him something diminishing like problematic dad again and i stop watching their content". dan's statement in the ls originally made me feel like that wasn't the case, but the photo does cross the line i set, doesn't it? even is it's not the worst case scenario and even if the meetup was about marzia and even if they didn't post or retweet the picture. and that sucks so much especially after dan's latest video, and i can't find a way to reconcile with it (except wishing it never happened, lmao). it just really, really sucks and i'm disappointed.
thank's you were great
drearyquery
drama llama

ijustwantdeath wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:31 pm This was definitely a last minute filler video. A friend just pointed out to me that Phil didn't even finish rating the last two items, that's how thrown together it was. I'm guessing that instead of Dan having three videos in a row (since Dan originally said he'd have a video over the weekend) they decided it would look better if Phil did a video in between Dan's depression one and the baking one.
do you think it could be because he wanted to diffuse the felix drama and give us something different to talk about?
I think it was more of a general filler as I’m not sure how aware they are of current discourse/turmoil among their fans. As someone else mentioned there’s little about Felix in their tags or mentions and I feel like criticism is only occurring in small circles. This is also why I don’t think dan will bring it up in his ls
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

drearyquery wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:07 pm
ijustwantdeath wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 pm do you think it could be because he wanted to diffuse the felix drama and give us something different to talk about?
I think it was more of a general filler as I’m not sure how aware they are of current discourse/turmoil among their fans. As someone else mentioned there’s little about Felix in their tags or mentions and I feel like criticism is only occurring in small circles. This is also why I don’t think dan will bring it up in his ls
Has there ever been any actual reason to think deppy lurks on IDB (or fan blogs), or is it just a general suspicion? I guess some of the stuff they do coincides with what's discussed here, but I usually just chalk it up to coincidence :shrug:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
mm_sunny1993
spork

I don't care whether it is a filler video or not. I liked it, it made me smile, I will watch it again. It was a nice video :D Tho it was quite an abrupt end.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

lurker wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 pm as many others, i'm in a weird headspace right now and i haven't really figured out yet what to think. i've said before that i'd draw the line at them interacting publicly with felix in a way that sends the message that it's okay to condone good behaviour. however, the scenario i had in mind was more like "they collab with him or dan calls him something diminishing like problematic dad again and i stop watching their content". dan's statement in the ls originally made me feel like that wasn't the case, but the photo does cross the line i set, doesn't it? even is it's not the worst case scenario and even if the meetup was about marzia and even if they didn't post or retweet the picture. and that sucks so much especially after dan's latest video, and i can't find a way to reconcile with it (except wishing it never happened, lmao). it just really, really sucks and i'm disappointed.
I really feel you. I can't bring myself to watch Phil's video because the whole Felix thing has left such a sour taste in my mouth, and I can't stop thinking about it. And it's such a shitty feeling, because just a day and a half ago everything was so good and I felt so fondly about them, and I was so excited for Spooky Week and everything else that was to come. And now I just feel gross, and I don't know how to reconcile what's happened with the love I felt for them before (and still do feel now, really). Especially as my life is so stressful right now and there are a lot of difficult things going on, so Dan and Phil would usually provide an excellent distraction from all that. My dream scenario is that in Dan's liveshow they get bombarded with people criticising them for this and they're forced to address it and apologise, but it's just not realistic lol.

Never in my life have I wished they lurked on IDB, but right now there's nothing I want more than for them to read our conversations on here over the past day or so.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

whelpkeeper wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:17 pm Has there ever been any actual reason to think deppy lurks on IDB (or fan blogs), or is it just a general suspicion? I guess some of the stuff they do coincides with what's discussed here, but I usually just chalk it up to coincidence :shrug:
Just the sheer number of coincidences could mean they lurk here, I mean a lot of things are timed so perfectly that it would make a lot of sense they saw it here.

Plus this Felix discourse specifically might have spread to twitter or tumblr or something that they definitely do read, and that's how they know about it
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

Aww that was a fun little video, Phil’s videos never fail to make me smile. Loved the crystals section. I was never allowed a set either. Might take inspiration and buy one for the heck of it :lol:

Also i like that people are talking about the two intercoms but failed to pick up on the fact he said he’d filled all the drawers in the room with useless items... where are your clothes then Mr Philip? :phangoggles2: :illuminati:

Besides if I was rich and had a two storey apartment I wouldn’t mind having two intercoms, beats sprinting up/down stairs. It was probably the bottom floor one we heard ringing in Dan’s liveshow.

:deppy: were very flirty at the end there. Poor inflatable demon didn’t really stand a chance.
goldenmermaid
drama llama

000dia000 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 pm If they've "played", this before, I question if this was truly their original idea. They have seemed to "makeup" games like the 7 second challenge. I always wonder what rustic, basic game they "tweaked" and called their own :illuminati:
I mean, they said in the video that it was Phil's idea that they'd been playing with people to break the ice for years, so I reckon they played it with PJ, Marzia, etc like that. I agree that the 7 second challenge has been around in various forms for ages, but I do think this one could really be Phil's creation.
ijustwantdeath
squish

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 pm
lurker wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 pm as many others, i'm in a weird headspace right now and i haven't really figured out yet what to think. i've said before that i'd draw the line at them interacting publicly with felix in a way that sends the message that it's okay to condone good behaviour. however, the scenario i had in mind was more like "they collab with him or dan calls him something diminishing like problematic dad again and i stop watching their content". dan's statement in the ls originally made me feel like that wasn't the case, but the photo does cross the line i set, doesn't it? even is it's not the worst case scenario and even if the meetup was about marzia and even if they didn't post or retweet the picture. and that sucks so much especially after dan's latest video, and i can't find a way to reconcile with it (except wishing it never happened, lmao). it just really, really sucks and i'm disappointed.
I really feel you. I can't bring myself to watch Phil's video because the whole Felix thing has left such a sour taste in my mouth, and I can't stop thinking about it. And it's such a shitty feeling, because just a day and a half ago everything was so good and I felt so fondly about them, and I was so excited for Spooky Week and everything else that was to come. And now I just feel gross, and I don't know how to reconcile what's happened with the love I felt for them before (and still do feel now, really). Especially as my life is so stressful right now and there are a lot of difficult things going on, so Dan and Phil would usually provide an excellent distraction from all that. My dream scenario is that in Dan's liveshow they get bombarded with people criticising them for this and they're forced to address it and apologise, but it's just not realistic lol.

Never in my life have I wished they lurked on IDB, but right now there's nothing I want more than for them to read our conversations on here over the past day or so.
You're not alone. Not to dampen down anyone's joy but I didn't smile once through out the entirety of the new video. It felt weird and gross to turn the other cheek and pretend the entire situation never happened. But that's exactly what's going to happen. They're the kings of ignoring issues so they're probably not going to address it in their liveshows and if they do, it's going to be vague and planned - "oh yeah, marzia's party, that was fun, we played truth bombs and watched some horror, definitely not gonna bring up the fact that we spent a weekend with a racist ha ha". And the phandom will follow through, wait till the next gaming video with 3 seconds of eye contact or an innuendo and the whole issue will be brushed under the rug won't it?

All that was going on in the back of my mind while watching it was that phil can dish out a half assed video and still get north of a million views while other poc creators who put in considerably more effort don't get even half the views (eg, nathen zed) and if that isn't the definition of privilege then idk what is tbh. (not saying phil doesn't put in effort in his content or that there aren't other factors to his success, just that this video wasn't particularly his best and there's definitely a reason why most top youtubers are white.)

I just really hope this atmosphere of bitterness and lack of clarity doesn't last for too long and spoil spooky week and halloween baking for me, as dnp are a safe space that i cherish. But then again as a poc, i can't really stand to stan people who think of racism as an excusable character flaw and further contribute to a system that normalizes this behavior. whatever i guess, what more could I expect from two rich white men who live in a bubble and go to parties with other rich white men.

:furtivehug: hugs to anyone else who might feel the same way
fun fun fun
anonymousdork
delia smith

missemma wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:13 pm The two flat theory can definitely be updated after this - there are two intercoms (or whatever you call that 'phone' that answers the doorbell). How big do places have to be to justify mutiple of those? It's the same model though, so definitely same flat/building. Also, that metal roll container at 6:37 is hideous :lol:
Haha this was the only thing I took from the video, flat speculation. That and the fact they must have had a washing machine changed as there is a box behind that hideous metal thing!
Other than that I think Phil should get a spon deal with Firebox. He spends a lot of money there.
woah, this is news to me - is this an actual theory, that they have two flats? What does that imply about their relationship? Sorry, I've just never heard this before... :o
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

goldenmermaid wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:02 am
000dia000 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:57 pm If they've "played", this before, I question if this was truly their original idea. They have seemed to "makeup" games like the 7 second challenge. I always wonder what rustic, basic game they "tweaked" and called their own :illuminati:
I mean, they said in the video that it was Phil's idea that they'd been playing with people to break the ice for years, so I reckon they played it with PJ, Marzia, etc like that. I agree that the 7 second challenge has been around in various forms for ages, but I do think this one could really be Phil's creation.

I thought that what Marzia meant wss that they played like the firsts «drafts» of the game early this year, so it has been Phil's idea from the beginning and not copying another's game concept.