Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

loonyradish wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:07 am
Ilovethemohyesido wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:46 pm I think people are reading too much between the lines about their joint liveshow because of what's happening around the PDP issue.

I didn't see any akward interactions or them acting weird at all. They were cute and fun and talking back and forth like they usually do when they do a liveshow together.

The whole "can Phil express an opinion?" is such a known reference for the fandom that while it didn't surprise that Phil didn't get it, I was quite surprised that Dan did, he does lurks around Tumblr and/or YT fan videos to get it.

I really like how they make decisions together, I should be used by now, but the whole ritual about walking dead or deciding to watch the Star Wars trailer was really cute.
I agree with this. I didn't notice anything unusual tbh? I'm sorry, but I just can't see how they were "obviously buying time." I really enjoyed it, and was really surprised by the negative responses over here.
Yeah, I didn't really get that sense. Maybe everyone's opinions are being biased by what's happening now and had hoped that they would address the pdp issue and felt as though they were avoiding it since it wasn't brought up.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think the chemistry between the two of them was fine. It's my own personal enjoyment that was hampered, for the reasons I've said in previous posts.
awsugar wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 pmdizzy, do you think that they're aware of the current discussion going on surrounding that and avoided it on purpose or do you think of it as just a coincidence?
Sorry, somehow missed this earlier! I think it's on purpose, absolutely. I think they had no intention of doing the kind of liveshow where they have real fan interaction and I think they're banking on the fact that neither of them will do another liveshow for probably two weeks (a week and a half at the absolute earliest, and that's only if Phil decides to do one a week from Thursday) and in two weeks they won't have any pressure to talk about it at all - I'm sure anyone even bringing it up will get backlash from fandom along the 'oh, you're not over that yet?' sort.

So they bought time in this liveshow, knowing it was buying them enough time for fandom's short attention span to entirely move away from it by the time they do another live show.
mm_sunny1993 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:21 amAnd to the people who are reacting bitter to the new videos: if you can't stand them at the moment get a break and come back in a few days. You don't have to watch their videos just to see whether they will address it or not. If you're angry or disappointed in your friends in real life what do you do then? I try to get some time away from them to think about everything and let it sink in. I think that would help in this situation as well.
If I were angry or disappointed in friends in real life, I would have the ability to sit down and have a talk with them and work it out. I don't have that with Dan and Phil, because they are entertainers whose creative content I consume and not actual friends - so to me, it makes perfect sense to handle it differently. And for me, handling it means I want to talk it out with other fans in a setting that's appropriate - like a forum. :) And especially considering the subject matter (Dan and Phil making their complacency with casual racism amongst their friends obvious) I'm less inclined to just be quiet about it; this is literally the effect it has that makes me feel so awful, Dan and Phil set the example and they inspire fans to in turn handwave and defend and downplay how much negative influence people like Felix have.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:19 am
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:42 pm
scientia wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm But why would they order separate popcorns?

(Tired and cranky so that’s all I’ve got)
This stood out to me too, as did the implication that one of them (Phil?) ended up paying for everything :D
I think that's as simple as their ability to each singularly demolish a large popcorn within the span of almost three hours. And yeah, it definitely sounds like Phil bought all the snacks.
Well that just makes me feel ill. Unless the sizes are smaller there. Maybe they don’t do buckets? I dunno, I love deppy food sharing. My husband hates sharing, the only exception being popcorn at the cinema. So it just seemed odd. Plus then you’ve got to hold it the same time instead of trading off. :corn: :corn:

Positive note: them deciding together in the moment that they would watch the Star Wars trailer. That was some cute shit.
I think it's a matter of size. My friend came back from the U.S. (if you were comparing to US sizes I mean) and we went to the cinema and asked for the biggest size of popcorn, and she told me that in the U.S, that would be considered a medium one, maybe in the UK also the sizes are smaller?
malday
emo goose

alch wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 am
loonyradish wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:07 am
Ilovethemohyesido wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:46 pm I think people are reading too much between the lines about their joint liveshow because of what's happening around the PDP issue.

I didn't see any akward interactions or them acting weird at all. They were cute and fun and talking back and forth like they usually do when they do a liveshow together.

The whole "can Phil express an opinion?" is such a known reference for the fandom that while it didn't surprise that Phil didn't get it, I was quite surprised that Dan did, he does lurks around Tumblr and/or YT fan videos to get it.

I really like how they make decisions together, I should be used by now, but the whole ritual about walking dead or deciding to watch the Star Wars trailer was really cute.
I agree with this. I didn't notice anything unusual tbh? I'm sorry, but I just can't see how they were "obviously buying time." I really enjoyed it, and was really surprised by the negative responses over here.
Yeah, I didn't really get that sense. Maybe everyone's opinions are being biased by what's happening now and had hoped that they would address the pdp issue and felt as though they were avoiding it since it wasn't brought up.
The fact that they answered so few premium messages and instead waffled so much was/seemed unusual.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

So this is my first post, but I have been lurking here for a few months, but never felt inclined to make an account. However, this issue with felix is really affecting me, and I think I really need to say something. This place seems like the safest place to say my piece, as tumblr and twitter are complete messes regarding the topic, which horrifies me, but I'll get to that later.

Warning that this post gets very long, but I have an awful lot on my mind right now soz.
Let's start at the beginning. Ever since that picture was posted, I've had this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach that doesn't want to go away. Now I am a pasty white cis canadian female, so I definitely have my fair share of privilege, disregarding my class or the fact that i'm queer. However, I spend a lot of my free time trying to educate myself as I am a strong believer in feminism, and like most i'm tired of the injustices and inequalities in this world. So naturally, upon seeing POC voices in the community being so horrified, disappointed, and ultimately in pain because of dnp's dumbassery, the sick feeling in my stomach only got worse, and hasn't left yet.

I actually used to watch felix until a few months ago. I was able to see, as someone who actively watched his content, saw his growth from rape jokes and such, that the whole thing about "death to all jews" and the wsj were people taking his stupid "edgy" white dudebro humour out of context. Though even after that, I was starting to lose faith in him as a person. And eventually I decided that unsubscribing was the best thing to do, and then the whole hard r n-word thing came out and I was so horrified, and man and disappointed in him. But he was never my favourite creator, and i never looked up to him, nor did i ever find comfort in his content. A display like that sickened me to the core, more than anything else, and I knew that that was it.

I've been trying to remember a time where dnp have caused me to feel like this, that wasn't entirely brought on by some fabrication by the phandom, and the only time i can remember is in 2015 after they announced that they were going to release their first book. People were calling them sellouts, accusing them of queerbaiting amongst other things, and it gave me terrible anxiety. However, that only lasted two days at the most, and that's a stretch. I've been losing sleep over this ordeal with felix now, and i've fallen behind with my uni work. My entire day yesterday was plagued with thoughts of clawing at the skin on my ribs, where I got "normalness leads to sadness" tattooed for my birthday this year. All i've been doing is obsessively sitting on this forum and trying to down out the sickness in my stomach with a slew of jenna marbles videos (which is weird, because usually dnp would be in her place right now ugh).

I know it really isn't healthy of me to obsess over this, and especially to the point where it's disrupting my real life. But it's hard to step back, and even let this go. I absolutely refuse to be like some of the other people i've seen on various social media, forgiving felix, and telling people to calm down because it's just a picture. I refuse to let my privilege give me an 'advance to go and collect $200.' it's wrong, and all i would be doing is going against everything i believe in as a feminist.

Honestly I am so disgusted and unimpressed by how members of the community are treating people who are critical of them. Everyone's feelings are valid, and dnp are far from perfect. People need to take them off the pedestal they pout them on, and understand that stanning someone isn't turning them into a god-like figure who can do no wrong. Being critical of others is what keeps us from a society like in 1984 or similar dystopian stories. If we essentially worship people, it's just going to end in too much power on one side which is very very bad. But really it's just terribly horrific to see people, who proclaim they are feminists in this community shout at predominately POC voices about the invalidity of their feelings. It's just disgusting.

Listening to POC voices in this community is so so important if we want to strive for equality. I remember seeing a post on tumblr a few years back that was urging people to stop writing only white girls in dnp imagines because it's so silencing to only have hands brush over pale thighs and faces. I think that applies here too. i am a white person, so I am not affected in any way by felix's comments, much like the boys.

So I guess that leads me into where I stand right now. I am so so disappointed in dnp. I'm sick of people making excuses about friendships, careers and power imbalances. They knew what they were doing was wrong. Why else would dan have mentioned it in his ls last week, and not even uttered his name? Why else would they not have talked about their lush weekend, or even tweeted a thought or picture explicitly mentioning something from their time there? Dnp need to do better. I have a feeling they want to brush this under the rug, and while i am not okay with that by any means (i think they need to address this imo), the least they can do is not publicly associate with felix, and definitely not make a video with him. The only collab they made was back in 2015, and unless they're louise or cat, with the exception of a few others, dnp hardly ever collab with people twice (besides each other of course, but that's a given), so I don't think they will make a video with him, or at least that's where I have the most hope in them.

I don't think dnp are bad people. I really do think they're trying their best, but the fact of the matter is that they knew going to this was wrong, and there are so many other options they could gone with besides going to rye. it's going to take time for me to want to watch their content every night again, and even say that i love them, but i am treating it exactly like what @alittledizzy said on the top of pg. 37 in the part 57 thread, which i recommend giving a read (sorry i'm so new i don't know how to reply to posts properly whoops).
Sorry if this is incoherent, and sorry about how freaking long it is omg. But i hope people are doing okay, and maybe finding solace in our emotions here is a good way to hash it out and figure things out.
ghostbitch
banned

This PewDiePie discussion has been going on for way too long. You all need to calm the fuck down. All this talk about how you're going to unstan if dan and phil continue being friends with him, like sit the fuck down. You're all so far up your asses. Felix didn't use that word in a racist way. He didn't go up to someone and call them that. He didn't refer to anyone as that. You're all just sitting on your high horses with your sensitive asses. Dan and Phil attended Felix's girlfriends birthday. Get over it. They didn't film a collab with pdp discussing racial slurs and how to use them. They showed up, talked, had some cake, and as far as we know, that was it. You can't expect them to cut Felix off completely just because of one wrong action, which he apologized for by the way. They wouldn't have any friends left if it was up to you idiots. Felix is a nice guy with an offensive taste in humor. You're all reaching for theories here. Like thinking dnp are only nice to him cuz they don't want Felix to 'out' them. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they just genuinely like him as a person. Get over yourselves.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I missed the liveshow even though I wanted to watch (and help grilling them) but my internet told me to go fuck yourself and no one is important enough to waste precious 4G on.

I did watch the liveshow because I love me some joint goodness (omg @ the lag at the end though) and I honestly didn't really see anything odd aside from them being very hyper and jumpy, but imo that was just the sugar. Either Dan dabbled into some sugar with Phil or like sarmstr2 said he just fed off of Phil's sugar rush. Just knowing that were ignoring the elephant in the room did make me question some things but I think it's less weird when you can't see the chat questions where the topic was brought up. I did enjoy it though, especially the interrupting part was funny to me.

Honestly the moment I heard it was gonna be a joint liveshow this week, I immediately dropped expectations of the weekend being adressed. There's a better chance if Dan is on his own (no chance in hell with Phil) but joint liveshows are mostly just banter. I say we don't give up and grill him again next time when he's alone, whenever they might be.

And I do actually have enough faith in them to not do a video with Felix again. plz don't disappoint me on this you assholes

Now while I enjoyed the liveshow, there's no need to get shit twisted. I'm still really fucking annoyed at them just like I get annoyed at any of my faves when they pull shit. They ain't special. But unless they turn out to be legit horrible people and/or are repeat offenders who refuse to do better, I don't really unstan? I might distance myself for a while if I'm really upset about it but being into kpop even moderately means eternal disappointment in everyone so while I definitely understand the feelings of hurt and betrayal some people have, I'm not (surprisingly because I thought it'd be different) really in that zone. I've definitely been there for others before though. But now it's mostly annoyance. The only advice I can give is that distancing yourself a little (even for a day!) can be good to figure out whether you want to continue being a stan or not, and if you want to how you're gonna do that. But maybe like dizzy that's not your thing and you want to discuss things instead. Just know that you can remove yourself from a situation that upsets you. If you continue to stan D&P I don't think that has to mean you gotta forgive and forget, because that helps no one. Just approach things a bit differently in the future? That's what helped me in the past. And if this really was the deal breaker for you then that's sad, but also completely fine.

Of course I speak from a place of privilege, it's much easier for me to kinda go on with doing things as I've done before than it will be for others who feel more personally affected.
drearyquery wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 pm I can tell the Felix discussion is slightly wrapping up but I wanted to say one more thing.

People who are upset enough to unsub/unstan are valid and their decisions are up to them.

People who are upset but aren’t going to unsub/unstan are valid and their decisions are up to them.

People who aren’t personally bothered but empathize, I hope you understand the complexities of the situation

but people who are going after others and critiquing people for being upset (or “too engaged in fandom” need to back up and reasses the situation
Completely agree with this post. Last part especially *cough*
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:19 am
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:42 pm
scientia wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:40 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 pm But why would they order separate popcorns?

(Tired and cranky so that’s all I’ve got)
This stood out to me too, as did the implication that one of them (Phil?) ended up paying for everything :D
I think that's as simple as their ability to each singularly demolish a large popcorn within the span of almost three hours. And yeah, it definitely sounds like Phil bought all the snacks.
Well that just makes me feel ill. Unless the sizes are smaller there. Maybe they don’t do buckets? I dunno, I love deppy food sharing. My husband hates sharing, the only exception being popcorn at the cinema. So it just seemed odd. Plus then you’ve got to hold it the same time instead of trading off. :corn: :corn:

Positive note: them deciding together in the moment that they would watch the Star Wars trailer. That was some cute shit.
Considering how US tourists always complain about small portion sizes in Europe and 'not getting their money's worth' and then flip the fuck out over not getting free refills on their coffee.. it's probably reasonable to think that what you're thinking of as a large popcorn isn't what they got. :lol: Putting butter on popcorn is also very uncommon which probably makes it at least 50% less sickening.
ghostbitch wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 am This PewDiePie discussion has been going on for way too long. You all need to calm the fuck down. All this talk about how you're going to unstan if dan and phil continue being friends with him, like sit the fuck down. You're all so far up your asses. Felix didn't use that word in a racist way. He didn't go up to someone and call them that. He didn't refer to anyone as that. You're all just sitting on your high horses with your sensitive asses. Dan and Phil attended Felix's girlfriends birthday. Get over it. They didn't film a collab with pdp discussing racial slurs and how to use them. They showed up, talked, had some cake, and as far as we know, that was it. You can't expect them to cut Felix off completely just because of one wrong action, which he apologized for by the way. They wouldn't have any friends left if it was up to you idiots. Felix is a nice guy with an offensive taste in humor. You're all reaching for theories here. Like thinking dnp are only nice to him cuz they don't want Felix to 'out' them. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they just genuinely like him as a person. Get over yourselves.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
autumnhearth
senpai

Welcome and hugs obsessivelymoody.

Bye ghostbitch.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

ghostbitch I just find it kind of ironic that you're claiming we're on high horses in a paragraph in which you claim we're stupid, overreacting, and that our opinions are wrong at least ten different times
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

Definetely Phil's sugar rush affects his PG-rated persona, going by the "Flicker" "F$%&cker" comment and the Buffy quiver.
ME loves sugar-high Phil
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

ghostbitch wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 am This PewDiePie discussion has been going on for way too long. You all need to calm the fuck down. All this talk about how you're going to unstan if dan and phil continue being friends with him, like sit the fuck down. You're all so far up your asses. Felix didn't use that word in a racist way. He didn't go up to someone and call them that. He didn't refer to anyone as that. You're all just sitting on your high horses with your sensitive asses. Dan and Phil attended Felix's girlfriends birthday. Get over it. They didn't film a collab with pdp discussing racial slurs and how to use them. They showed up, talked, had some cake, and as far as we know, that was it. You can't expect them to cut Felix off completely just because of one wrong action, which he apologized for by the way. They wouldn't have any friends left if it was up to you idiots. Felix is a nice guy with an offensive taste in humor. You're all reaching for theories here. Like thinking dnp are only nice to him cuz they don't want Felix to 'out' them. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Maybe they just genuinely like him as a person. Get over yourselves.
there are so many things wrong with this that i'm not even going to bother trying to respond because 1) i can tell you're the type that can't be talked to in a rational way and i don't feel like wasting my time, effort, or brain cells on you and 2) i honestly hope you won't be back to see it!
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:20 am
Lmfao seconded. Catallena, you have a way with words. :boredwank:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
tigertatze
living flop

When will the racist apologists stop :roll:
If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck - it's a fucking duck aka stop pretending pdp isn't a racist, anti-semitic pos
#nohetero
lurkin
squish
Pronouns: they/them

Ok, so I'm back from my choir concert and have watched the live stream. It was interesting to say the least. Dan was very "on" in the live show just like danisnotonfire x 100 in my opinion. Phil's always kind of "on" in livestreams, so it was harder to tell with him. There was a lot of nervous energy up until points where the both of them could focus in on topics and go on about those, especially their game. I also agree with the manic, high strung energy.

This livestream reminds me of how Dan's livestreams were in mid 2013 when all The Shitstorms were going on and Dan really withdrew into his branding and was on-edge all the time. I'd like to get some thoughts on that.
Last edited by lurkin on Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i've had a high fever for almost a week and haven't felt well enough to participate in discussion but this is such a hot crock of bullshit dear lord

i'm too sick to put together coherent thoughts and you're probably not the type to be reasoned with but basically . your definition of racism is absurdly narrow and humor is not an excuse for bigotry.

but sure, die on that hill of defending a piece of racist, anti-semitic garbage.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i'm not even going to attempt to get involved with the felix discussion, as if i said my thoughts i would be burned at the stake, so uhm

liveshow! i quite enjoyed it tbh. sure it was a bit waffly and all over the place but i'm just gonna assume it was bc of all the marshmallows. phil had me laughing quite a bit in this liveshow especially with the ditty meme reference and the quivering jokes he kept making. i dunno. i enjoyed this liveshow, but thats just me
:transheart:
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

I like the joint live shows because they can expand a little bit on the story and also share stuff that may sound weird if one would tell it about themselves.

It does seem they are going to stay-in for the rest of the week since appparently they quite some videos to film ahead.
ijustwantdeath
squish

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:49 am So this is my first post, but I have been lurking here for a few months, but never felt inclined to make an account. However, this issue with felix is really affecting me, and I think I really need to say something. This place seems like the safest place to say my piece, as tumblr and twitter are complete messes regarding the topic, which horrifies me, but I'll get to that later.

Warning that this post gets very long, but I have an awful lot on my mind right now soz.
Let's start at the beginning. Ever since that picture was posted, I've had this horrible sinking feeling in my stomach that doesn't want to go away. Now I am a pasty white cis canadian female, so I definitely have my fair share of privilege, disregarding my class or the fact that i'm queer. However, I spend a lot of my free time trying to educate myself as I am a strong believer in feminism, and like most i'm tired of the injustices and inequalities in this world. So naturally, upon seeing POC voices in the community being so horrified, disappointed, and ultimately in pain because of dnp's dumbassery, the sick feeling in my stomach only got worse, and hasn't left yet.

I actually used to watch felix until a few months ago. I was able to see, as someone who actively watched his content, saw his growth from rape jokes and such, that the whole thing about "death to all jews" and the wsj were people taking his stupid "edgy" white dudebro humour out of context. Though even after that, I was starting to lose faith in him as a person. And eventually I decided that unsubscribing was the best thing to do, and then the whole hard r n-word thing came out and I was so horrified, and man and disappointed in him. But he was never my favourite creator, and i never looked up to him, nor did i ever find comfort in his content. A display like that sickened me to the core, more than anything else, and I knew that that was it.

I've been trying to remember a time where dnp have caused me to feel like this, that wasn't entirely brought on by some fabrication by the phandom, and the only time i can remember is in 2015 after they announced that they were going to release their first book. People were calling them sellouts, accusing them of queerbaiting amongst other things, and it gave me terrible anxiety. However, that only lasted two days at the most, and that's a stretch. I've been losing sleep over this ordeal with felix now, and i've fallen behind with my uni work. My entire day yesterday was plagued with thoughts of clawing at the skin on my ribs, where I got "normalness leads to sadness" tattooed for my birthday this year. All i've been doing is obsessively sitting on this forum and trying to down out the sickness in my stomach with a slew of jenna marbles videos (which is weird, because usually dnp would be in her place right now ugh).

I know it really isn't healthy of me to obsess over this, and especially to the point where it's disrupting my real life. But it's hard to step back, and even let this go. I absolutely refuse to be like some of the other people i've seen on various social media, forgiving felix, and telling people to calm down because it's just a picture. I refuse to let my privilege give me an 'advance to go and collect $200.' it's wrong, and all i would be doing is going against everything i believe in as a feminist.

Honestly I am so disgusted and unimpressed by how members of the community are treating people who are critical of them. Everyone's feelings are valid, and dnp are far from perfect. People need to take them off the pedestal they pout them on, and understand that stanning someone isn't turning them into a god-like figure who can do no wrong. Being critical of others is what keeps us from a society like in 1984 or similar dystopian stories. If we essentially worship people, it's just going to end in too much power on one side which is very very bad. But really it's just terribly horrific to see people, who proclaim they are feminists in this community shout at predominately POC voices about the invalidity of their feelings. It's just disgusting.

Listening to POC voices in this community is so so important if we want to strive for equality. I remember seeing a post on tumblr a few years back that was urging people to stop writing only white girls in dnp imagines because it's so silencing to only have hands brush over pale thighs and faces. I think that applies here too. i am a white person, so I am not affected in any way by felix's comments, much like the boys.

So I guess that leads me into where I stand right now. I am so so disappointed in dnp. I'm sick of people making excuses about friendships, careers and power imbalances. They knew what they were doing was wrong. Why else would dan have mentioned it in his ls last week, and not even uttered his name? Why else would they not have talked about their lush weekend, or even tweeted a thought or picture explicitly mentioning something from their time there? Dnp need to do better. I have a feeling they want to brush this under the rug, and while i am not okay with that by any means (i think they need to address this imo), the least they can do is not publicly associate with felix, and definitely not make a video with him. The only collab they made was back in 2015, and unless they're louise or cat, with the exception of a few others, dnp hardly ever collab with people twice (besides each other of course, but that's a given), so I don't think they will make a video with him, or at least that's where I have the most hope in them.

I don't think dnp are bad people. I really do think they're trying their best, but the fact of the matter is that they knew going to this was wrong, and there are so many other options they could gone with besides going to rye. it's going to take time for me to want to watch their content every night again, and even say that i love them, but i am treating it exactly like what @alittledizzy said on the top of pg. 37 in the part 57 thread, which i recommend giving a read (sorry i'm so new i don't know how to reply to posts properly whoops).
Sorry if this is incoherent, and sorry about how freaking long it is omg. But i hope people are doing okay, and maybe finding solace in our emotions here is a good way to hash it out and figure things out.
as a poc reading this was very comforting and i hope more people read it and find the same comfort that i did. it made me happier than the damn liveshow and that's really saying something isn't it? it's good to know that despite phandom's deafening silence and policing when it comes to racial issues there are still some people who can look through it and find compassion. thank you for taking the time to write this, i hope you post more <3
hey ghostbitch full offense, but piss off. You're out here being offended by people being offended and we're the idiots? I'm too tired to educate you and judging by your tone you don't really want to be educated but what you do want is attention, so I'm going to give it to you - People like you who excuse felix as "a nice guy with offensive humor" is exactly why we need to have this discussion and why this discussion is bigger than any average "tumblr discourse" because it hits at the heart of how fandom and the world in general tires to silence poc and brush over racial issues by telling us that we're too sensitive and need to calm down or how not everything is about race and how we've been talking about it for way too long. This is bigger than your comfort and i don't care about how irritated you are but what i do care about is people who have felt hurt/disappointed/conflicted even in the slightest by dnp over the past few days. Those are the people that are valid and those are the people that we need to give voice to. And if that bothers you, then maybe you in your own words, should sit the fuck down.
fun fun fun
Ewok
rainbow nerd

lurkin wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:52 am Ok, so I'm back from my choir concert and have watched the live stream. It was interesting to say the least. Dan was very "on" in the live show just like danisnotonfire x 100 in my opinion. Phil's always kind of "on" in livestreams, so it was harder to tell with him. There was a lot of nervous energy up until points where the both of them could focus in on topics and go on about those, especially their game. I also agree with the manic, high strung energy.

This livestream reminds me of how Dan's livestreams were in mid 2013 when all The Shitstorms were going on and Dan really withdrew into his branding and was on-edge all the time. I'd like to get some thoughts on that.
I definitely got this vibe from him today. For me, Phil seemed fine. Sweet, even. :love2: He was very eager to talk. I like sugar overload Phil.

Sometimes, I've noticed Dan will start a livestream with that strong "on" persona and then once he settles in to the show it fades. This time, for me, he just seemed that way practically the entire time. I just think his "act" is very easy for me to pick up on - I know because I am an excellent bullshitter at work and my work requires me to pretty much always be "on" or "happy" or whatever. Or maybe I personally read into him that way because that's how I am? :shrug:

For me, that feeling just ruins the illusion I'm just watching someone hang out and catch up with his audience. I mean. It's fine, I'm not really angry about it (hell, I act that way everyday at work), I just felt "meh" while watching it earlier. I dunno if that makes sense to anyone else. But I am going to try to give the livestream a rewatch when I'm off work and see if I feel differently the second time around because I feel like I'm missing out, seems like a lot of people really enjoyed it. :lol:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
kuensukki
janice from the shop

nigel ratburn wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:53 am

i've had a high fever for almost a week and haven't felt well enough to participate in discussion but this is such a hot crock of bullshit dear lord

i'm too sick to put together coherent thoughts and you're probably not the type to be reasoned with but basically . your definition of racism is absurdly narrow and humor is not an excuse for bigotry.

but sure, die on that hill of defending a piece of racist, anti-semitic garbage.
that your branding is nigel ratburn aka arthurs best character is already the greatest thing to exist, but on top of that youre just so real and hilarious :stan: :stan: :stan:

i guess the pdp situation had one silver lining which was me returning to the forum life. I actually found lots of the discussions people had interesting and it felt nice that atleast people felt comfortable to admit that they were bothered on this forum as opposed to any other phandom platform. I was actually beginning to think pdp being racist was just a fantasy my mind drew up when i woke up to see everyone acting completely normal about this situation.

For the person who suggested leaving for a couple of days, its something Ive considered but everything in my life reminds me of DP rn. The mug i drink coffee in has fucking cat whiskers (a gift my best friend made me in 2015), my calendar, my phone background, my laptop background, my fucking google drive that has all their deleted videos and the phimmy timeline *screams into air*. I feel like a slighted ex trying to remove all evidence of my crazy stan life. Even my little brother is walking around with a tabinof copy tucked into his shoulder and pinof playing on his iphone. (wow this sounds like a dramatic dan+phil x reader fanfic) Also i talk alot, anyone whos online friends with me knows that, and I like talking shit out so if that means being a salty bih and complaining i should be allowed to do so. :ribena:
riperoni
smol bean

100% AGREE
I love the reaction to this.
Complete garbage coming out of peoples mouths. This discussion is so infuriating and its like any time someone has a even slightly different opinion they get attacked.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Moderator note:

The account ghostbitch has been banned as a sockpuppet account. As per forum rules, we only allow one account per user. Do not register more than one account, for any reason. If there are any questions on this matter, moderator contact information can be found in the post linked above.
riperoni
smol bean

K but can you fault ghostbitch for making that second account considering the reaction
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

ijustwantdeath wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:21 am
obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:49 am So this is my first post, but I have been lurking here for a few months, but never felt inclined to make an account. However, this issue with felix is really affecting me, and I think I really need to say something. This place seems like the safest place to say my piece, as tumblr and twitter are complete messes regarding the topic, which horrifies me, but I'll get to that later.

as a poc reading this was very comforting and i hope more people read it and find the same comfort that i did. it made me happier than the damn liveshow and that's really saying something isn't it? it's good to know that despite phandom's deafening silence and policing when it comes to racial issues there are still some people who can look through it and find compassion. thank you for taking the time to write this, i hope you post more <3
I just can't stand to see people hurt, and tbh this forum is really giving me peace of mind right now, and i love this little part of the community. (thank you for the kind words too <3)
riperoni wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:40 am
100% AGREE
Complete garbage coming out of peoples mouths. This discussion is so infuriating and its like any time someone has a even slightly different opinion they get attacked.
riperoni everyone is allowed an opinion. the issue here is that assholes like ghostbitch are invalidating other peoples opinions. and how hypocritical are you to do the exact same thing, and then ask for other opinions to be recognized? People can have an opinion about felix being just a misunderstood guy, and that dnp are just there to have fun with marzia and pj, but when POC, who are affected by the negative language that felix uses, say that they are hurt by his actions, and by the actions of dnp for being in association with him, and those people who see felix as misunderstood lash out and name call the affected are stepping in what is ultimately the wrong direction for in a community that prides itself on its acceptance of others. listening first and accepting that they also have an opinion, albeit different to yours, is the first step to on the journey of being a decent freaking human being.
riperoni
smol bean

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:01 am
riperoni wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:40 am
100% AGREE
riperoni everyone is allowed an opinion. the issue here is that assholes like ghostbitch are invalidating other peoples opinions. and how hypocritical are you to do the exact same thing, and then ask for other opinions to be recognized? People can have an opinion about felix being just a misunderstood guy, and that dnp are just there to have fun with marzia and pj, but when POC, who are affected by the negative language that felix uses, say that they are hurt by his actions, and by the actions of dnp for being in association with him, and those people who see felix as misunderstood lash out and name call the affected are stepping in what is ultimately the wrong direction for in a community that prides itself on its acceptance of others. listening first and accepting that they also have an opinion, albeit different to yours, is the first step to on the journey of being a decent freaking human being.
everyone is allowed an opinion yet IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOURE APOLOGIZING FOR A RACIST!!!!!

really?
im the bad guy here?
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken quote tags