Dan & Phil Part 58: Come in my lady door

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

Sorry for the double post but I just thought, regarding a D&P UK event/tour/convention (which I'd love to happen so I could go!) I don't know if anyone else has seen, but Hello World has had a lot of backlash this week, and before it happened, at least to me, it seemed quite innovative and thought out, so I was surprised. I wonder if Dan and Phil would be able to avoid the same pitfalls and organise a 'meet and greet' event that could make everyone happy.
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

rainbow-chaido wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm
nigel ratburn wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 pm
BSV wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm Whats the thing that requires dan to be outside and usually happens in December? DITL? Im confused!
i originally thought DITL but i'm pretty sure he was talking about youtube rewind
Youtube rewind and by a tree...? Could it be In A heartbeat...? Can I dream...?
Please don't fuck with my heart like that. Oh my god. I'm trying to think of anything containing trees that isn't In A Heartbeat.

But I still 100% agree with people above. I'd be happy because it's Deppy but I think they should get an actual out couple who actually makes LGBTQ+ content to play IAH. As people have said above, Greg and Mitch are great candidates and I can't remember if they've been in YouTube Rewind before, but I would love for that to be a thing.
allsaintshowell wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:38 pm deppy registered a brand new company today with the U.K. government: "dp touring llp". take this as you will.
... Are they trying to bankrupt me? Goddammit.
sunshinias
spork

blackdenim wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 am Sorry for the double post but I just thought, regarding a D&P UK event/tour/convention (which I'd love to happen so I could go!) I don't know if anyone else has seen, but Hello World has had a lot of backlash this week, and before it happened, at least to me, it seemed quite innovative and thought out, so I was surprised. I wonder if Dan and Phil would be able to avoid the same pitfalls and organise a 'meet and greet' event that could make everyone happy.
I think the difference is that Dan and Phil actually care about their audience, whereas HelloWorld seems to just be a ploy to make money. Also, deppy seem like they'd want to do a meet and greet, which HelloWorld is not.

But who knows, it could flop just as badly. :shrug:
:sunshine: ~let in a little sunshine~ :sunshine:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Re: YT Rewind - Just because they took a photo in front of a tree doesn't mean their bit in YT Rewind has anything to do with trees. There were trees at the place they filmed, that's all. Not sure how a photo in front of a tree necessarily equals In A Heartbeat. Although I wouldn't complain if that's what it was, I think it's probably unlikely given that Tomska and presumably other British youtubers were there as well.

Re: Dog calendar - Dan must have just totally forgotten that they haven't actually said what the theme of the calendar was, because he said it as though we already knew. I'm super excited for this dog video, only I kind of hope they don't upload it tomorrow as I have an essay due at midnight which I haven't even started yet. God damn them, constantly ruining my productivity smh

Re: Touring - If it's true that they have just registered a new company then I think we can say with certainty that they're definitely planning on touring again in 2018. I'm intrigued as to what that'll entail - Dan seemed to imply that it wouldn't be on the scale of tatinof, so I wonder if they'd do a Q&A type thing? Although that'd get old pretty fast if they planned on going to lots of places. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! Even if they come to Australia I highly doubt I'll go, but it'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.
howadorableright
sad dimple

blackdenim wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 am Sorry for the double post but I just thought, regarding a D&P UK event/tour/convention (which I'd love to happen so I could go!) I don't know if anyone else has seen, but Hello World has had a lot of backlash this week, and before it happened, at least to me, it seemed quite innovative and thought out, so I was surprised. I wonder if Dan and Phil would be able to avoid the same pitfalls and organise a 'meet and greet' event that could make everyone happy.

One thing that's tough about meet and greets is that it is impossible to entirely control what happens. The task of having a meet and greet be personal and not rushed while also making sure you don't have to wait in line for hours clearly has a lot of obstacles. Throwing in little side events like arts and crafts, as someone said, would also be pretty difficult because of the mass amount of people, but meeting them in a less rushed environment sounds great and I hope they pull it off :lol:

also dog calendar yes a+
back back back back again
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

howadorableright wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 am

One thing that's tough about meet and greets is that it is impossible to entirely control what happens. The task of having a meet and greet be personal and not rushed while also making sure you don't have to wait in line for hours clearly has a lot of obstacles. Throwing in little side events like arts and crafts, as someone said, would also be pretty difficult because of the mass amount of people, but meeting them in a less rushed environment sounds great and I hope they pull it off :lol:

also dog calendar yes a+
The key would be not overselling and not overpromising an experience, both of which Hello World failed at... they wanted to make it seem like everyone was going to get an amazing experience and be mingling with their faves while also trying to claim it wasn't a meet and greet at all.

If deppy did an entire even that was a serious of meet and greets, that could work - but it would definitely leave everyone who wasn't currently being met with not much else to do if deppy were the sole highlight of the event. If they do turn it into some kind of event with people under the IRL Digital umbrella, that could provide some side entertainment.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Yeah, we were discussing the failures of Hello World in the Youtube Events topic. That convention seems to be extremely badly planned out. I'm not sure if that's how most conventions are when they first start out, so if deppy were to do this they should make sure there's little room for error.
fancybum
senpai

:lion: Phil and Misc Watch 2017 :cactus:
Hangout with Halloween Howell :pumpkin: (Oct 31, 2017)

Prompted Phil Mention
13:00 (chat) Where is Phileven?
“Phileven is in a cabin somewhere eating.”
(chat) Eating your cereal
“Joyce, where else would he be? Who we talking about here?”

17:00 (chat) Have you pranked Phil yet as it’s Halloween?
“If you watched Spooky Week, there was a lot of jumping and scaring and non-consensually unplanned screaming that made the other person scream, it was quite funny to be honest. And then him just wearing that goblin suit, honestly.”

19:40 (chat) How is it already pinof9?
“Has it been 9 years? 9.. actually no, it’s been 8, hasn’t it? Ha. We did 2 in one year. HA. Look at us. snekking.”
Unprompted Phil Mention
13:27 (chat) Have you played Mario yet?
“Yes, oh my god. New Mario game: incredible. I mean, Phil’s been hogging it big time”
Neutral Phil Mention
01:50 “Who’s watched the Dan and Phil Halloween baking video of 2017? Quality content, truly what the people need in this world”
2:28 “‘Cause when it goes wrong, which all Dan and Phil baking does, no matter how hard we try, it is funny”

2:07 “So many of you had been tweeting at us ‘do the baking video in this sweater’ and then it just didn’t exist, so our friend Bryony stitched two jumpers together and we just committed to it”

6:20 “If you don’t know this, on DanAndPhilGAMES, we have a Halloween tradition of playing horror games”

7:30 “and the next day, Dan vs Phil, played a good game for that, the hide and shriek one”

15:15 “You don’t need to completely roast your family [when playing Truth Bombs]. I mean, yes I know, Phil and I played it with Tomska and he’s a terrible influence”

17:28 “It’s not good baking like Bake Off but hopefully a good Dan and Phil baking video will brighten up your Halloween”

18:48 (chat) Talk about the calendar
“That’s coming out tomorrow”
“Me and Phil have been thinking there’s too much stuff on danandphilshop so just for lols we’re gonna do a massive sale while the calendar goes out tomorrow. I think everything’s just like half off, so if you want some vintage Dan and Phil merch and we’ve just yolo made it all half price tomorrow, so look forward to that, just ‘cause we want it to be new stuff that people like. Remember you don’t have to get merch, but it’s cool.”
-last call for llama hats I guess, get ‘em while they’re hot

19:24 "Phil is editing a video in which we play with all the dogs in the dog calendar, so that should be incredible.”
-i want now

20:22 (chat) Come to Russia
“I would like to go to Russia. There’s so many places that I - and/or Phil - haven’t been.”
“Been thinking about that a lot recently in the last couple months. Actually, on Facebook today I got one of those [memory things] that was Phil and I dressed as Thor and Shrek doing a show in Brighton”
“But that made me think, it’s been 2 years since we’ve seen everybody in the UK properly. How crazy is that?”
“Tatinof was a whole thing, ’cause it was us celebrating the whole history of Dan and Phil, it was defining ourselves with a piece of extravagant theatre and it turned into a movie, and it took like a year and half to do and it felt like it’s all we talked about, so.. I don’t think, you know, never tatinof again, but do we miss seeing people in real life? The fun of getting to hang out with you guys? Places we haven’t been? Perhaps.”
-ok but just make sure to do the opposite of everything Hello World did and there won’t be a problem and don’t make the prices overly vomitous kthx. What a gift Hello World is as a handy template of What Not To Do
Miscellaneous
15:50 “So I went outside briefly for a morning mid-week to film a thing that usually comes out every year around December. Which was an opportunity to be outside by a tree, and I was looking incredibly gloomy and a lot of people were saying to me, ‘Wow Dan you look really cozy and autumny but also really sad and bleak”
-all I’m hearing is there were a lot of people within vlogging distance of D&P on a lovely autumn day and I need to wait until December to see any of it, how dare

16:28 “And then I noticed the leaves, and Phil was taking the photo and I was like ‘wait a minute, do a boomerang’ so we got a friend to just throw leaves in the air. The timing was perfect.”
-nerds

oh hey psst watch this:

ok bye Happy Halloween
:ghostclaps: Phinal Tally: said ‘Phil’ 17 times :ghostclaps:
17/23 mins = 0.73 per min
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

They - or at least the accountant they have worked with for their other companies really have registered a new company. It's all in the publically available, official UK business register.

Name & Registered Office:
DP TOURING LLP
2ND FLOOR
88-90 BAKER STREET
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
W1U 6TQ
Company No. OC419719

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
katemko
delia smith

imma sound selfish but hear me out
i know that a big complaint i heard during tours/conventions was that they do stuff in the u.s too much. however i’d argue that really they have spent most of their time in the us in 2-3 states.

i do this every time a tour i’m excited for is announced and get let down 9/10 times but i hope they’ll visit states with fans who would’ve had to spend a LOT of money just to see a show in cali like AK and HI. pleeeeeeeaaaaase?
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Stakhanov wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:50 am They - or at least the accountant they have worked with for their other companies really have registered a new company. It's all in the publically available, official UK business register.

Name & Registered Office:
DP TOURING LLP
2ND FLOOR
88-90 BAKER STREET
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
W1U 6TQ
Company No. OC419719

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
That link doesn't work for me, so I found another one.

But yeah, new company, registered to the two of them. Still, if they registered the company today that probably means it'll still take a while for the news to be officially announced? I don't really know how these things go tbh, but from what I remember from event management classes in uni they still have So. Much. Work. to do before anything can be announced. (Though I might be wrong.)

I'm really curious about what they're planning though. Obviously a tour of some kind, but it's interesting that they'd need their own company. Don't people usually hire other companies? Is this easier for managing big projects? Again, I have no clue how these things go.

Also, since I already wasn't interested in tatinof and there's approx. 0 chance they'd visit my side of the country (and with the state of our public transport I wouldn't be able to go home after an evening show if I did go to Amsterdam or wherever they might ostensibly go), so I'm just going to go and brace myself for inevitable disappointment. :shrug:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/dp-touring-llp-OC419719/

"Dp Touring LLP with reg. no. OC419719 has been operating on the market for nearly one year. This Limited Liability Partnership is officially located at 2nd Floor, 88-90 Baker Street in London and its postal code is W1U 6TQ."

I tried to click on the link Stakhanov shared but it didn't work so I just searched and found this other website. I literally work in opposition research for politics and I have never felt more like a stalker than this moment.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
secretagentphan
procrastinator

Off topic but has Deppy ever said the name of the pizza place in Boston they loved so much? Or like any context clues? I live in Boston and I can’t figure it out lol! There’s too many good restaurants tbh
mathsniel
drama llama
Pronouns: he/him

citizen_erased wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:25 am That link doesn't work for me, so I found another one.

But yeah, new company, registered to the two of them. Still, if they registered the company today that probably means it'll still take a while for the news to be officially announced? I don't really know how these things go tbh, but from what I remember from event management classes in uni they still have So. Much. Work. to do before anything can be announced. (Though I might be wrong.)

I'm really curious about what they're planning though. Obviously a tour of some kind, but it's interesting that they'd need their own company. Don't people usually hire other companies? Is this easier for managing big projects? Again, I have no clue how these things go.

Also, since I already wasn't interested in tatinof and there's approx. 0 chance they'd visit my side of the country (and with the state of our public transport I wouldn't be able to go home after an evening show if I did go to Amsterdam or wherever they might ostensibly go), so I'm just going to go and brace myself for inevitable disappointment. :shrug:
Dan and Phil set up their own company for TATINOF, despite Flipside (and Random House for the UK) being the ones that produced TATINOF. The address the company is registered to, 88-90 Baker Street, is the address for Dales Evans and Co, an accountancy firm. They have a focus on their website on their "Tour Financial Management, accounting and taxation" services, so I'm assuming they'll handle the financial side of the tour, as they did with TATINOF.

The thing I find interesting is that, unlike every single company Dap have set up (TATINOF Ltd, Amazingphil Ltd, Dan and Phil Productions Ltd, Dan Howell Ltd), Dp Touring is a Limited Liability Partnership, rather than a Private Limited Company. I don't know what it means, but I know it means something, so.

It's 2am I'm probably overthinking this tbh
Phantasy
woodland creature

They could be setting up a touring company not necessarily for themselves but to produce tours for other youtubers...after all, they have the connections, experience, and most importantly, ample money.

A lot of their activities in the past year or so have acted as a diversification of their business ventures that aren’t strictly tied to the D&P brand (popularity is a fickle and fleeting thing after all!)... the 7sec Challenge; IRL Store expansion to other creators; Truth Bombs; etc...

On a side note, here’s my costume vote for the next conjoined baking video... :garbage:
(Raymond Braun and Aaron Rhodes)
liola
rankussy

mathsniel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 am
citizen_erased wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:25 am That link doesn't work for me, so I found another one.

Dan and Phil set up their own company for TATINOF, despite Flipside (and Random House for the UK) being the ones that produced TATINOF. The address the company is registered to, 88-90 Baker Street, is the address for Dales Evans and Co, an accountancy firm. They have a focus on their website on their "Tour Financial Management, accounting and taxation" services, so I'm assuming they'll handle the financial side of the tour, as they did with TATINOF.

The thing I find interesting is that, unlike every single company Dap have set up (TATINOF Ltd, Amazingphil Ltd, Dan and Phil Productions Ltd, Dan Howell Ltd), Dp Touring is a Limited Liability Partnership, rather than a Private Limited Company. I don't know what it means, but I know it means something, so.

It's 2am I'm probably overthinking this tbh
From what I remember from business class, an LLP limits the liability of the partners in terms of financial or personal negligence. Meaning if one of them fucks up, the other one won't be held accountable. There's also a different tax income than with a LTD because in LTD you basically are considered your own employee so you usually pay employee tax. Also LTDs are manly done for people who are self employed and are owned by one person only.

It's 4am I hope this makes sense I might try to make more sense tomorrow - and I still haven't watched the live show BBUT DOGS!!!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
drearyquery
drama llama

Im procrastinating so I tried a quick google search which showed a few key differences between LLP and LTD.

An LLP can “use partner’s tax allowances”, be taxed as self employed, limit partner liability, and is better for maintaining a business with a small or fixed number of members.

There’s obviously more nuances and technicalities but I’m tired and bad with understanding financial stuff.
Here’s a page with more details for anyone else who is curious:

http://orderedmanagement.co.uk/info/llp_or_ltd.htm
dijon
not a first-time poster

Assuming there’s a legal/tax/other(?) benefit to a touring company being an LLP. Noticed the suggested/nearby companies at the bottom had a few others with “touring” in their names - one of them is Coldplay’s touring company. Also an LLP.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

secretagentphan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:50 am Off topic but has Deppy ever said the name of the pizza place in Boston they loved so much? Or like any context clues? I live in Boston and I can’t figure it out lol! There’s too many good restaurants tbh
Aha, somebody figured it out, and I wrote it down on a scrap of paper, and I was just able to lay my hands on it!

Boston Kitchen Pizza

I had written it down because I wanted to go when visiting Boston last winter and try the pizza with soy sauce that Dan seemed to like (I believe it is the "Bostonian"). Turns out that pizza has meat on it (boo), and we didn't wind up eating there. But report back if you try it!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

hello i am here and watched dan's liveshow! it was good! short but sweet. i liked it, and i hope that he enjoys watching stranger things with phil. i know i enjoyed it, i finished it monday. also dog calendar? tempted to buy it but like..i also never use calendars? what do
:transheart:
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I can't be the only one thinking of onision from all of this 'set house' and tax talk :sideeye: But the only thing I keep thinking about is how then would they decorate? Not the kitchen or bathroom because you don't need much, but how're they going to split their things between two houses when before they only had one? Their plushies, their posters, collections... Or do they keep moving it back and forth? I mean, they'd kinda have to have the usual background in their videos, so it suggests then that they'd have most of their stuff at the filming house, but then would their home home be barren? Or with everything replaced? Or with completely different furniture/decorations/ornaments that we don't know about because Dan really is a furry irl and he finally gets to pertain to that lifestyle?

Hope you can all decode that :lol:

I would be so hype for a UK tour! I didn't get to go to tatinof because back then it just wasn't feasible for a... 14 year old, maybe? Can't remember my own age lol. To get a train by herself to London because I sure as hell didn't have any friends or willing family members. So getting to go now would be a dream :stan: I don't really want to meet them though. I would be too anxious and make them feel weird, and the idea of them meaning so much to me and I just being another nameless face to them out of thousands messes with my head. Not anti-meetup, I just like the tour/show element a lot more.
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
Ewok
rainbow nerd

I rewatched Dan's ls earlier while waiting around for trick or treaters and noticed we got a little peek into the opposite side of the moon room. Idk if this is old news already, or if we were all distracted by the dog calendar and tour theories.
Dan has really pretty wrists wtf A wardrobe(?), tv/computer monitor, shelf, are those brown lines curtains?

Probs a reach bc they're millionaires and could absolutely buy a different tv to put in here, but does it look like the tv from Phil's old room to anyone else? That's where my mind went. :shrug: Or Dan's iMac? I thought his iMac was in his separate filming space and gaming computer in the slounge? (Jesus fuck theyve got so many computers, I really can't keep up so I have no clue what this is lol)

Have we seen that media center from Phil's old room in another spot in their new flat or am I making that up too? I could have sworn I saw it someplace else :hmmm:
Sorry for weird formatting / shit pictures I'm on mobile.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
blueapple_x
flower crown

Ewok wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 am I rewatched Dan's ls earlier while waiting around for trick or treaters and noticed we got a little peek into the opposite side of the moon room. Idk if this is old news already, or if we were all distracted by the dog calendar and tour theories.
Dan has really pretty wrists wtf A wardrobe(?), tv/computer monitor, shelf, are those brown lines curtains?

Probs a reach bc they're millionaires and could absolutely buy a different tv to put in here, but does it look like the tv from Phil's old room to anyone else? That's where my mind went. :shrug: Or Dan's iMac? I thought his iMac was in his separate filming space and gaming computer in the slounge? (Jesus fuck theyve got so many computers, I really can't keep up so I have no clue what this is lol)

Have we seen that media center from Phil's old room in another spot in their new flat or am I making that up too? I could have sworn I saw it someplace else :hmmm:
Sorry for weird formatting / shit pictures I'm on mobile.
Lol I thought it was a tv too the first time I saw it in a previous liveshow but it actually seems to be the weird shelving unit/cupboard thing seen at 9:46 in his depression vid.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

How likely is it that they frame the dog calendar shooting as a DITL? Or would they rather post it as a "Making of" - which would be a pretty strong but obvious promo. I have the feeling they prefer more integrated advertisement, so I can actually see them doing the dog day as a DITL.
rainydays
sofa crease

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 am How likely is it that they frame the dog calendar shooting as a DITL? Or would they rather post it as a "Making of" - which would be a pretty strong but obvious promo. I have the feeling they prefer more integrated advertisement, so I can actually see them doing the dog day as a DITL.
I'm pretty sure that when phil talked about it in a liveshow he said that they'd vlogged the shooting but "it wasn't like a day in the life". They will probably count it as a ditl though, kinda like the new york one from 2013, as I doubt there's going to be an actual ditl this year.
(though if they're touring next year, there's going to be plenty of chances to film one somewhere)