Melbourne - Plenary - 19th August

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
tacitus
crusty sponge

Hello! I'm going to the Melbourne show :D Currently quite nervous as the tickets and show aren't listed anywhere except the actual danandphiltour website. The Sydney ones are up, but the Brisbane ones aren't either, so I guess we'll just have to wait. I hope it appears soon!
introvertdjh
first-time poster

I'm super scared to! I can't find the link anywhere and it's really starting to worry me :?
antisocial
first-time poster

It's super nerve-wracking because theres zero information out so far. I know Dan's doing a live stream tomorrow (Tuesday) to give information, but it's also the day the tickets go on sale. So we're kind of just buying blind.
Also, there's only the Sydney tickets out so far (idk why) and it's low-key freaking me out.
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Brisbane and Sydney ones are both up. I don’t understand the organisation of this ahhhh. I keep checking Ticketmaster and ticketek just in case. And I’ve been checking the plenary’s website and they don’t even have the show listed in their upcoming events next year.

Assuming something will be put up today otherwise that’s just ridiculous.
tacitus
crusty sponge

Okay, I've called the venue, ticketek and ticketmaster about 3 times each over the past few days and once today - not a single one of them has any information regarding the tour. Neither ticketmaster nor ticketek even seem to know it exists, and while the Plenary does know that it's at their venue, they have no more information. At all.
If everybody who reads this could please tweet people like Dan, Phil and Martyn about this issue, then there is a good possibility that they will see it. As far as I can tell we're the only show who has this problem? I have my fingers, toes, and every bone in my body crossed that it just magically appears on a website somewhere today because I'm freaking out and I can't deal with this stress while doing exams. :(
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

tacitus wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:07 pm Okay, I've called the venue, ticketek and ticketmaster about 3 times each over the past few days and once today - not a single one of them has any information regarding the tour. Neither ticketmaster nor ticketek even seem to know it exists, and while the Plenary does know that it's at their venue, they have no more information. At all.
If everybody who reads this could please tweet people like Dan, Phil and Martyn about this issue, then there is a good possibility that they will see it. As far as I can tell we're the only show who has this problem? I have my fingers, toes, and every bone in my body crossed that it just magically appears on a website somewhere today because I'm freaking out and I can't deal with this stress while doing exams. :(
I guess the only ‘good’ thing about this is, is that if no Melbourne tickets are released tomorrow....then no one can buy them. So we won’t miss out. You know? I was primarily concerned that tickets, somewhere, are being sold and we didn’t know where and then would miss out. But if that’s not the case and for some bizarre reason Melbourne tickets aren’t released tomorrow...then, alright. But they’ll be released eventually because of course they will.

So it’ll be okay.
Thank you for calling around and following that up!! It is a bit weird the way this has been organised, but the event isn’t till next August. Someone will realise there’s been a miscommunication, it’ll be okay. :love2:
tacitus
crusty sponge

yourenotevenhuman wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 pm I guess the only ‘good’ thing about this is, is that if no Melbourne tickets are released tomorrow....then no one can buy them. So we won’t miss out. You know? I was primarily concerned that tickets, somewhere, are being sold and we didn’t know where and then would miss out. But if that’s not the case and for some bizarre reason Melbourne tickets aren’t released tomorrow...then, alright. But they’ll be released eventually because of course they will.
So it’ll be okay.
Thank you for calling around and following that up!! It is a bit weird the way this has been organised, but the event isn’t till next August. Someone will realise there’s been a miscommunication, it’ll be okay. :love2:
I'm still a bit worried that they'll just... come out randomly at a time when I'm nowhere near my computer. But that is a very reassuring way of looking at the situation and you've calmed me down - thank you! <3
japanophil
tol bean

i've just called the plenary the slightly grumpy lady said that nothing has been confirmed and they have no further information. you're right, yournotevenhuman, it should be the same for everyone, but hopefully something will be confirmed soon!
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

This situation is so silly! Ah! Thank you japanophil and tacitus. I do hope that if tickets do not go out tomorrow, which is seeming likely ( :sideeye: ) , then there will be an announcement when the tickets are actually going to go out, and it won't be a random release with no heads up. 'Cause that would be lame.
ladyknight1512
squish

OMG. I've been umming and ahhing over joining IDB for literally months and the one thing that pushed me over the edge is this Plenary tickets will they/won't they situation. I was worried I was missing something and then I thought, 'IDB. Someone at IDB will know something." And now here I am.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one freaking out but now I'm filled with anxiety that it'll just happen out of nowhere and I'll miss it. I don't like not knowing when things are going to happen. They make me edgy.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

thanks to the people calling, it's really helpful. at least we know where we currently stand with this tour date.

i can't remember the last time i saw something at the convention centre - it's huge, right? the Palais has so much soul, i'm mildly disappointed they're not doing a theatre again. but i understand that it's less taxing on them, and less expensive; doing one show in a larger venue vs several nights at smaller ones.
art in avatar by lily
tacitus
crusty sponge

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:30 am i can't remember the last time i saw something at the convention centre - it's huge, right? the Palais has so much soul, i'm mildly disappointed they're not doing a theatre again. but i understand that it's less taxing on them, and less expensive; doing one show in a larger venue vs several nights at smaller ones.
Yeah, I was actually a bit shocked that they got the convention centre considering how large it is! It doesn't really have the same sense of intimacy or charm as Palais, but I suppose when the lights go down it won't really matter. If what you've suggested is their reasoning behind the switch, I understand and respect it.
But - although they essentially doubled the total capacity (Plenary 5000+ vs Palais 2800), I doubt they doubled VIP, which means chances of getting those tickets have basically halved. Yay! Oh well. I'm just glad they're coming back at all tbh :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

oh that's trueeee. i'm not totally sure i want to meet them, anyway, but that is an unfortunate drawback for those that may. they sold out within a few minutes (I think? I saw no re-released batches) last time as it was.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I'm planning to go see them again with my sister, but the lack of ANY info other than the danandphiltour.com date and venue is worrying to me. I also really liked going to the Palais last year and have never attended anything at the convention centre (as far as i remember) but I can understand why they might have made the switch. Since there are apparently less than 24 hours left until selling time I guess I'll just patrol the deppy tour site tomorrow afternoon. We're all in the same boat so I'm trying not to get too stressed. Having more info about prices and how long the show will be would be appreciated, though.

Hang in there, everyone :platonic:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

from the main thread:
VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 am also, apparently ticketmaster is now showing sales start time of wednesday nov. 15 at 9 am for sydney. someone contacted the company and they (company) said they'll look into it, it may be some kind of glitch.
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/search?t ... q=dan+phil

It is indeed showing Wed 9am for Sydney. i wonder if something like this will happen for us too; in which case I might be screwed, because I work Wednesday mornings. tomorrow afternoon/night is the only time I can be around to buy tickets. but also, if it is a glitch...that's a pretty big glitch. a lot of people in Sydney are going to miss out on tickets if they get confused and go by the site, and not dan and phil tour dot com.
art in avatar by lily
tacitus
crusty sponge

Susannah, the QPAC website lists the show as 1 hour and 50 minutes (including a 20 minute interval). Prices for the Brisbane show range between $34 and $180, whereas ticketmaster for the Sydney show lists the prices between $71 and $106. So I'm guessing ours will be around those. Hope that helps a bit, even though they're not exact! :)
Chibi-chan
smol bean

So there is nothing about how to get the tickets for Melboune as im freaking out as this is my fist time going and I really want VIP ticket or even a normal ticket will do i just really want to go. Also thnaks so much i finally found people who had the same concerns as I have.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

At least we know we are being heard. It can't be all bad, guys :)
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

haha, i only decided to tweet them like half an hour ago. he must've been getting a few.
art in avatar by lily
yourenotevenhuman
phillion/danosaur <//3

Oh yay! Thank you Phil! Oh brilliant! Ah I feel so much better! I do hope that they’ll come out when we have access to a device...
ladyknight1512
squish

I have never been so relieved to receive a twitter notification. Now I can breathe (a little) easier.
alana
not a first-time poster

ok so just joined IDB cause i need to know everything about this show. went to tatinof, didnt get vip. very very sad. im ready to be updated at all times
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 am haha, i only decided to tweet them like half an hour ago. he must've been getting a few.
same! :lol:

tacitus, thanks for the info! :thumb: So, similar to tatinof prices and length. cautiously hyped :D
drowninginthefloof
not a first-time poster

hello just joined IDB for this too
thanks to everyone who's been trying to get this worked out!! much appreciated <3 <3
Super pumped for this tour!!! I had an awful experience last year trying to go see tatinof.
Bought tickets to go see it with some friends last year, and we were going to the afternoon show but it got moved two hours earlier, and Ticketmaster screwed up so a bunch of us (~40 people) didnt get notified. We ended up missing the show - arrived just as the m&g for the next show was starting, and from outside the building we could hear all the screams and cheers when dnp arrived. Soul-crushing :'( so close yet so farrrr T_T
For us (20 y.o's) it wasn't too bad, but there were young kids who were really upset and some very a n g e r y parents which was just really sad to see.
We went to pancake parlour afterwards to drown our sorrows in pancakes and pitifully wipe off our cat whiskers
Ended up getting refunds for the tickets :shrug: But Ticketmaster I'm watching you this time, don't try any funny business >_>

Return to “Interactive Introverts in Australia & New Zealand”