Dan & Phil Part 59: the literal other half

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Most of the UK doesn't have links yet either. Ticketmaster was right on it for a few places.

I'm thinking that all the individual venues means it's cheaper if less organised.

Since it's now Monday I'm hoping that the links will be live today in preparation for tomorrow.

Posted too soon. It's now live for London
https://www.eventimapollo.com/events/de ... 7OWYm8J.97

The ticket prices aren't yet up though
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
kai
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

tbh, kind of annoyed about the sydney situation. i've been trying to organise my sisters and my mom all weekend so that i could buy our tickets together & finally got it sorted just a few hours ago and now it's uncertain again. hoping the prices aren't going up or we won't be able to afford it :roll:

(prob seems more frustrating to me than it is though, i'm a stresshead about trying to organise anything, this is why i don't go to many concerts lol)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

*war flashbacks to when I wanted to buy tickets for Ed Sheeran, refreshed the page at exactly 11:00 and was put at position 18,000 in the queue* (we ended up getting tickets cause my friend luckily got spot 1000-something)
I am crossing my fingers for everyone who's trying to get VIP tickets!

And I am very curious why there's a 20 min break during the show. I don't think it's there cause people need a break during a 90 minute show, but rather because something will be happening/be prepared/be decided in that time. I'm glad that I decided on going to one of the earlier shows (Amsterdam) so I only have to avoid spoilers for a bit over a month.
hellothere
tol bean

Hello,

The venue in Leeds has already posted the event on their website (since Friday) but apparently when I called them regarding some information about the tour, they said they do not have information about it. I also told them that the ticket sale will be tomorrow and they told me they don't have information about that because that's not yet in their system. :| :|

I wonder about the other UK venues.
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

thanks phil :)
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

For the UK ones I think we'll be ok. The theatres are probably waiting on the ticket providers like Ticketmaster before them up.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

i'm glad Phil addressed it. it begs the question though, about the other venues that aren't advertising or acknowledging the shoes, are they aware? perhaps tweet them in response because they might have their eye on the replies right now.
art in avatar by lily
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

That's a relief to hear, thanks Phil! Glad I'm not going though, I start work at 9am on Wednesday and I'll be nowhere near a computer. That's gonna be a tense time for Australians tbh, the results of the same-sex marriage survey come out at 9.15am apparently, what a time to be alive :sideeye:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

captainspacecoat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 am That's a relief to hear, thanks Phil! Glad I'm not going though, I start work at 9am on Wednesday and I'll be nowhere near a computer. That's gonna be a tense time for Australians tbh, the results of the same-sex marriage survey come out at 9.15am apparently, what a time to be alive :sideeye:
reading your last sentence made me crack up bc i didn't know about the time of the survey results, just the date. and, if the joint liveshow is at dan's usual time and goes for an hour, that's when it will finish (in aedt). when it rains it pours :lol:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

ohhhhh fuuuuuuuck. i forgot about the marriage results.

fuck it i'm taking the rest of the week off.
art in avatar by lily
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Susannah wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am reading your last sentence made me crack up bc i didn't know about the time of the survey results, just the date. and, if the joint liveshow is at dan's usual time and goes for an hour, that's when it will finish (in aedt). when it rains it pours :lol:
christ, what a doozy. absolutely can not wait :lol:
mermaid blood wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am ohhhhh fuuuuuuuck. i forgot about the marriage results.

fuck it i'm taking the rest of the week off.
v sorry to be the one to remind you, it has really been a rough time. keeping my fingers crossed for a positive result, i'll be at work and at least half of my coworkers are conservative christians who think i am straight and i really don't think i'm gonna be able to hide my sadness if 'no' wins. love to all my fellow lgbt+ australians :love1: :love1: :love1:
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

i just got a response from proctors theatre (schenectady) saying they'll post prices as soon as they have confirmation, but that may not be until sales time

so i guess venues don't know prices for sure yet? how is this even possible? why would they not know the day before sales? what are dnp even doing??? maybe this is totally normal, i don't really go to shows so idk. i just can't imagine being this late to organize, i genuinely can't comprehend it
blackdenim
procrastinator

VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm i just got a response from proctors theatre (schenectady) saying they'll post prices as soon as they have confirmation, but that may not be until sales time

so i guess venues don't know prices for sure yet? how is this even possible? why would they not know the day before sales? what are dnp even doing??? maybe this is totally normal, i don't really go to shows so idk. i just can't imagine being this late to organize, i genuinely can't comprehend it
This is honestly very normal. The venues don't really get much information as most ticket sales are done through agents (e.g. Ticketmaster) and the venues (or at least box office staff that would answer the phone) don't usually find out the details until the tickets are actually on sale.

It's also not that last minute for them to announce on Friday and go on sale on Tuesday in my experience. No one announces ticket sales much more than a few days in advance... it's annoying if you need to budget, but I guess there's a good reason for it from a business POV?

I really hope you get your tickets! (I really hope we all do! I moved my meeting cos it was due to end at 5 and I thought I'd have no chance after an hour and a bit haha)
citizen_erased
truth bomb

VengefulBlue wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:31 pm i just got a response from proctors theatre (schenectady) saying they'll post prices as soon as they have confirmation, but that may not be until sales time

I'm not sure though how much of this is the boys' fault and how much of it is incredibly slow and/or bad corporate communication. Don't sites like Ticketmaster do a lot of the tickets side of things? Having worked at big tourist places I can 100% imagine anyone being this late to organize, since I once had to set up promotions for a (6-month long) event when it had already started :lol: But basically, the more parties involved, the slower communication and agreements tend to get, so with a massive tour like this it's not that surprising a lot of venues don't have all the information yet.

It's incredibly annoying though. As a perpetually broke person the first thing I always do is check prices for anything interesting, so everything being left until the last minute like this would be incredibly frustrating to me. Luckily Amsterdam has price ranges listed already, so I already roughly know what I'm in for, but I can imagine it's frustrating if you're still waiting for confirmation.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I won't make the next thread name poll at least until we hit page 40, but now is still a good time to go leave thread name suggestions if you have any. :)
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

it might have already been asked, but do you guys think that they'll do another tour in the future? i'm just way too anxious about going this time around but i know it might be my last chance so i kinda have to suck it up.
rainydays
sofa crease

New Phil tweet. Typical food mention, but I appreciate the mental image of him falling into the delivery guy's arms. Rating: 6.5/10

UPDATE:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I think we're getting a new Sims video later. Dan said to look forward to it in the LS and they were discussing pushing the trailer to Wednesday (IMO to give the Sims video more space - I hope they aren't doing that though). Personally a bit bored with the Sims, though DOGS so it will be good for sure.
rainydays
sofa crease

Sorry for being annoying (although I guess I'm contributing to get to the end of this thread), but I feel now committed to the saga of "phil and the delivery guy".
Phil just retweeted this:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

susan2 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:25 pm Incase it's helpful for anyone else, (and cos I love an organised list!), here are the direct links for all of the venues I could find that have info up on their websites so far...
(*please note these are not the direct ticket links / use danandphiltour.com for the official info etc)
UK
28th Apr / Brighton / Brighton Dome
30th Apr / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
1st May / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
2nd May / Nottingham / Royal Concert Hall
4th May / London / Eventim Apollo
6th May / Glasgow / SEC Armadillo
7th May / Sheffield / Sheffield City Hall
8th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
9th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
12th May / Edinburgh / Usher Hall
13th May / Liverpool / Empire Theatre
14th May / Salford / The Lowry
15th May / Salford / The Lowry
17th May / Basingstoke / The Anvil
18th May / Plymouth / Plymouth Pavilions
20th May / Leeds / Town Hall
22nd May / Birmingham / Symphony Hall
25th May / Cardiff / Motorpoint Arena
28th May / Belfast / Waterfront

Ireland
29th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre
30th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre

Netherlands
2nd Jun / Amsterdam / Rai Amsterdam

Russia
5th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall
6th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall

Germany
9th Jun / Berlin / Tempodrom Berlin

Poland
11th Jun / Warsaw/ Teatr Palladium :happybirthday: Dan

Finland
13th Jun / Helsinki / The House of Culture

Sweden
16th Jun / Stockholm / Stockholm Waterfront
17th Jun / Malmö / Malmo Live

USA
29th Jun / Denver CO / Bellco Theatre
1st Jul / Grand Prairie TX / Verizon Theatre
2nd Jul / Cedar Park TX / HEB Center
3rd Jul / Sugar Land TX / Smart Financial Center
6th Jul / Orlando FL / Dr. Phillips Center :banana: :banana:
7th Jul / Clearwater FL / Ruth Eckerd Hall
8th Jul / Ft Lauderdale FL / Broward
10th Jul / Augusta GA / Bell Auditorium
11th Jul / Greensboro NC / White Oak Amphitheatre
12th Jul / Richmond VA / Altria Theater
13th Jul / Reading PA / Santander Performing Arts Center
14th Jul / Newark NJ / New Jersey Performing Arts Centre
15th Jul / Uniondale NY / NYCB LIVE
19th Jul / Hartford CT / The Bushnell Performing Arts Center
20th Jul / Providence RI / Providence Performing Arts Center
21st Jul / Schenectady NY / Proctors
22nd Jul / Pittsburgh PA / Heinz Hall
24th Jul / Detroit MI / Fox Theatre
25th Jul / Rosemont IL / Rosemont Theatre
26th Jul / Minneapolis MN / Orpheum Theatre
27th Jul / Milwaukee WI / Miller High Life Theatre
28th Jul / Cincinatti OH / Aronoff Center
29th Jul / St Louis MO / Fox Theatre
31st Jul / Cleveland OH / Connor Palace
1st Aug / Columbus OH / Schottenstein Center
2nd Aug / Louisville KY / Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
3rd Aug / Nashville TN / Tennessee Performing Arts Center
4th Aug / Atlanta GA / Fox Theatre
7th Aug / Phoenix AZ / Comerica
8th Aug / San Diego CA / Civic Theatre
9th Aug / Los Angeles CA / Microsoft Theater
11th Aug / Seattle WA / Moore Theatre

Canada
17th Jul / Toronto / Sony Center for the Performing Arts
12th Aug / Vancouver / Queen Elizabeth
TBC / Montreal

Australia
19th Aug / Melbourne / Plenary
22nd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
23rd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
2nd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre
3rd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre

New Zealand
29th Aug / Auckland / ASB Theatre

Philippines
12th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre
13th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre

TBC
Jun / Brazil
Jun / Mexico
Sep / Hong Kong
Sep / Singapore
Sep / India
This is amazing, thank you for doing this!!
liola
rankussy

I'm really getting super anxious with this tickets situation, I wish we had at least the prices. I hate not knowing what the show is about and how much it will be :/ honestly they could've at least released the trailer today
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alien
procrastinator

rainydays wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:06 pm Sorry for being annoying (although I guess I'm contributing to get to the end of this thread), but I feel now committed to the saga of "phil and the delivery guy".
Phil just retweeted this:
I love this so much, thanks for bringing it over!

I have some vip questions if anyone has any insight. I'm curious what the m&gs are like? I've only ever been to a tv convention(but didn't do the m&g) where m&gs are very expensive and you sit in a room with the actor and it's like a q&a situation and then a photo op is completely separate and it's very rushed. I'm just curious if the photo op with Dan and Phil is the main interaction and is it super quick? I'm trying to get an idea of what it's like so if anyone has had one can you weigh in?

And also on the ticket site for my venue it says "Price Range $58.50 - $98.50" Do you think the 98.50 is the VIP or will those be different altogether (more expensive)? I'll find out tomorrow either way - I'd like to not get my hopes up though if possible lol.
Aeryth
squish

thank you, everyone, for sharing information and experience, especially @Brack, that post about VIP tickets really calmed me down!

I've been freaking out all day today as I finally got to reading everything that's been posted since Friday. I'm so glad I'm on vacation and don't have to take time off from work tomorrow to be there at 4 pm but I still don't trust myself with fast actions that much

my venue also hasn't announced anything yet. as for the VIP tickets, will I be able to buy them on the venue's site? it has an option of buying regular tickests, I checked the other shows. or do I have to go to danandphiltour.com and wait for some links there?
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

thanks to folks who responded to my earlier post - it's frustrating, but at least it's not as weird as i thought? idk, somehow hearing that this is fairly normal helped. proctors is selling directly, not through ticketmaster, so that's one complication less, but yeah. plus now they've announced prices, so all i have to do is wait for mum to come home and budget. much much calmer.

i like the delivery story. yeah, phil, he would have thought you love burritos if you'd fallen swooning into his arms. because food often makes people weak in the knees. :lol:
unless phil's coming out as food-sexual :tinfoil:

i hope we do get sims today. i'd rather get the trailer, but pups are the next best thing. if they get a puppy i might die of cute, toddlers and puppies have the cutest interactions ever. i'm a sucker for (virtual) domestic deppy.
blackdenim
procrastinator

They're spilling the beans early!!