Uniondale - NYCB LIVE - 15th July

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Are you going to this date? Want to meet up with others? Here's the place to arrange it.

We want to hear all your reviews and opinions from this date. Seen a photo from the m&g you want to discuss, go ahead, we love a good discussion.

A few things:
- This forum is public, which means anyone can see information you post.
- If you are meeting up with others, please make sure you do this in a safe way. Make sure you know who you are meeting with beforehand, and do this in an open, safe place. Perhaps even Skype before to ensure your safety.
- If you are posting spoilers, please do so behind the spoiler tag.

Enjoy :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I think I'm going to try to get tickets for this show. Although I sort of wish they would have had a show in NYC because getting there might cost me more than the tickets, since my family doesn't own a car. Is anyone else here considering going to this show? I might end up going alone if my train-phobic sister doesn't let me buy her a ticket. :roll: :lol:
Kimship
glabella

I'm planning on going, although actually getting to the Coliseum looks a bit complicated from where I am! Trains on their own are fine, but train + bus is a bit of a headache. I'll have to leave extra early to myself a cushion.
Kimship
glabella

I got my ticket for the show! I'm going to down on the floor: Section D2, Row 2!
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

I'm going! I live in NYC so I'll be training it. This venue seemed like a better option than the one in Newark. But, yeah, logistics aside, I'm psyched to see DnP in July!
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
chumchum
not a first-time poster

Afunnyworld wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:08 am I might end up going alone if my train-phobic sister doesn't let me buy her a ticket. :roll: :lol:
uuuhhh... rude... i'm right here
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

Show review:

>Spoilers<
-I didn't feel as compelled to make a show review for this show as I did for the Philly one. The Philly show felt way more exciting, maybe because I was in another state, or because I went to the show alone, or because the theater was much smaller, or because it was both my first show and the first US show. I still enjoyed this show though.

-I was with my little sister who is also part of the phandom and 2 other people who hardly know who deppy are at all. I think the jokes really can appeal to a larger audience, because the non-phandom people seemed to appreciate a lot of the show and found a lot of it to be funny. They also sort of denied finding it funny afterward, but I saw them laughing so :twisted:

-My older sister, who was one of the non-phandom people who went with us, really didn't like all the death jokes Dan made. She thinks it could 'create a community of people who are all pessimistic which would make more people sad and drag people down'. I guess she should actually watch some of their videos :lol:

-Phil was on the wheel which made me happy, cuz I really wanted to see him get sacrificed, Dan refused to help Phil out of his white dress thing and Phil had to strip alone.

-At some point Phil said that his grandfather "owned a geese" and Dan kept on bringing it up and making fun of him, probably my favorite part.

-The venue was really big (We got bumped up a lot, as I hoped we would since our original seats were as far back as possible)
-I don't think I was able to see Phil talking to the people during the "dan's box" part last time, but this time I was much closer, and it was adorable. He also lost control of the balls "Phil's balls dropped" as Dan put it.

- I think the non deppy people were surprised the jokes were more mature than they expected them to be

-Here's a photo of the venue -there were lots of people, but there were still plenty of empty seats.
-Overall, I liked the show but it didn't feel as exciting as the last one. IMO even objectively, the show is well made and entertaining and I'm proud of deppy and their team for putting it together <3