Dan & Phil Part 60: Lady Door Tour

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

my main impression was that they haven't planned this out yet. im a bit disappointed they don't seem to put as much effort into this tour as tatinof bc i really appreciated them going to the lengths that they did when they could just as easily have done a live q&a and sell out. i think they were way more excited and proud when they announced tatinof too. less excited abt the tour after the ls, it was kind of a mess. oh well i just hope the end result is good or i misunderstood altogether and they just didn't want to spoil it or smth

im all for the more mature and less scripted vibe though! i love how they emphasized it's for all ages and acknowledged older fans and im very pleased they're leaving the old personas behind for this one

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm I see a lot of cynicism about their liveshow and how they're selling the tour (not just here but everywhere on social media) but I gotta be totally honest, I'm not someone who enjoyed TATINOF but the liveshow they just did really sold me on this show being something I will genuinely enjoy watching.

I might eat my words later but hearing them spell out explicitly how this show is not going to be as heavily branded, how it's going to be about them now as adults and not a nostalgia cash-in and how it's going to be less scripted... shit yeah gimme. I'm still not doing VIP, I just don't need that experience a second time, but I might consider going to two shows. (Maybe. Until I look at my bank account, and decide never mind.)
I haven't watched the liveshow yet, but if this is the case, I'm pumped but also... I'm relying on you all going to every-show-that-isn't-Providence to provide me with all the details. I'm assuming there'll be bigger differences in these (not just llama names and beverages choices) and I'm hoping they don't get lost in the frey. If Dan cracks a particularly good joke - review that shit, y'all! Post about it! If Phil tells us a story we've never heard before, engrave it into your brain and share.

I'm assuming cameras won't be allowed again (because lbr if they were, that would be the shittiest show experience), but like... we gotta make ourselves the cameras. :frantictyping:
obscureDnPreference
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I totally understand why they have the rule about 14 and under though. It's a liability thing, both for them and the venues. It may be frustrating, but you can't blame them for it.

EDIT: Not saying anyone is blaming them. Just a figure of speech. Also, I worked at a theater like the ones they're visiting and I can see how this is a rule venues may have some version of, and they made it consistent across all the shows for the sake of clarity.
"This is not children's television. I'm 26, I'm depressed, and I need edgy jokes to cope with my anxiety."
Daniel Howell, 10/30/17
scientia
phabergé

I was also sold based on this liveshow. To me any vague-ness seemed rooted in wanting to keep things as much of a surprise and new as possible. It also seems like they’re having to deal (either personally or through a manager or both) with way more of the minutiae from the venues than is typically normal, so I completely get some of the scattered descriptions. And the ls on today seemed like a last minute plan, too.

Either way they seem genuinely excited and happy about the tour, and that helped me feel eager enough to pay the $$$
lost686girl
living flop

It seems to be a show, not a meet and greet event. Not everyone is going to get access to meet them, just like any regular concert that had VIP tickets. I know people want to meet them but to be disappointed that everyone won't be lined up for a 2 sec hug doesn't make sense to me.
blackdenim
procrastinator

DatCog wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm I can't afford 3 x VIPs so will just aim for the best normal seats I guess. Bit gutted, youngest will be v sad not to meet them but £300+ is not an option right now. TBH I'm a bit annoyed at the inflexibility of this - how many young fans will have parents who will also want the hugs/selfie/autographs/goodybag rather than just be there to look after their children (I'd guess, not very many)? It'll mean that there will be a number of parents who will be taking up the very limited VIP places that other proper fans will miss out on :cry:

It is worth remembering that stuff like this really isn't up to D&P it's based on venue policy and it'll vary wildly from place-to-place.

I would suggest calling the venue you want to go to tomorrow morning, explaining the situation, and asking if your kids can go to the M&G without you if you have a seat in the theatre already (assuming that's what you want to do)? Then if they say yes get them to email it to you so you have written confirmation in case anything goes wrong.

I used to sneak in all kinds of places I was meant to be accompanied when I was a teenager, the venues are usually nice about it, they just have to have an official policy on it.
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

obscureDnPreference wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:12 pm I totally understand why they have the rule about 14 and under though. It's a liability thing, both for them and the venues. It may be frustrating, but you can't blame them for it.
I understand too, I've no problem accompanying my 12 year old, I just don't see why the parents have to have a VIP ticket if they don't partake in the VIP perks and just stand there while their child meets the boys! If I bought a VIP ticket because it was compulsory, I'd be stopping another fan from getting one.

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now!! Hopefully we'll still get decent seats :D :D
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:50 pm Things I learned from that:

- They themselves have pretty much no idea what they're gonna do yet, they'll figure that you after selling tickets.
- Phil's only kink is merch sales and if he could deep throat IRL Digitals figures he probably would.
:rofl: why is this so true??
except his food kink: just the thought of burritos makes him weak in the knees, and let's not even mention all the times he's made comments about pouring food on his body (or dan's ;) )
honestly tho, deppy may be kings of capitalism, but at least they're pretty transparent about it, and they aren't exploitative about it - if they're selling us something, it's something they've put effort into and/or something they themselves like (blossom merch might not have been a lot of effort, but it is something they think is pretty). so even though we still don't know much, i believe dan when he says the show will be fun and make people happy.

i liked the emphasis on this being more grown up while also being appropriate for younger viewers. phil's clarification after the "kinks and ripped jeans and mental health" bit was perfect i think: if you can watch dan on the gaming channel, you'll be fine (paraphrased, but he looked at dan with this look, idk how to describe but :garbage: )

i also liked that they reminded folks that the show is what they're selling, and vip perks are extra. a lot of kids on twitter are very worked up about whether they get vip, so it's good to remind them that even if they don't they'll have fun.

this liveshow left me feeling better than i started, so mission accomplished guys

(liola, i'll have to check the video in a bit to see, but if dan said that it's the cutest thing)
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

To me, I am happy for Deppy to stand on the stage for 90 minutes and tell stories/make skits just like a stand up comedian would do. They have months to prepare yet. Did we even know what Tatinof would be when we bought tickets except for it being a interactive experience of their lives. :shrug:
DatCog wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm I can't afford 3 x VIPs so will just aim for the best normal seats I guess. Bit gutted, youngest will be v sad not to meet them but £300+ is not an option right now. TBH I'm a bit annoyed at the inflexibility of this - how many young fans will have parents who will also want the hugs/selfie/autographs/goodybag rather than just be there to look after their children (I'd guess, not very many)? It'll mean that there will be a number of parents who will be taking up the very limited VIP places that other proper fans will miss out on :cry:
Maybe the issue is not the meet and greet part but the seat afterwards. Part of the vip is the best seats in the house. If the parents do not pay for the vip, they wouldn't be able to sit next to the child in the theatre and would have to pay to sit somewhere else in the theatre.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
DatCog
blobfish

Kathrynxjane wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:32 pm To me, I am happy for Deppy to stand on the stage for 90 minutes and tell stories/make skits just like a stand up comedian would do. They have months to prepare yet. Did we even know what Tatinof would be when we bought tickets except for it being a interactive experience of their lives. :shrug:
Maybe the issue is not the meet and greet part but the seat afterwards. Part of the vip is the best seats in the house. If the parents do not pay for the vip, they wouldn't be able to sit next to the child in the theatre and would have to pay to sit somewhere else in the theatre.
Yes, that's very true! I was thinking I'd sit further back on my own (12 year old will be with her 17 year old sister) but if you just had an under 14, that could be a problem. I'm coming to terms with not getting VIP now - my stress level is already reducing so that's a good thing! :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

[Offtopic]
If anyone needs a bit of Dan-and-Phil-dragging, here's the latest Markiplier video on the 7SC and how it hasnt been updated in a while :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2qScVQxjpo
rainydays
sofa crease

I have to say I disagree with people saying that they haven't planned this out or they're not as excited as they were for tatinof. I actually got the impression that they are extremely excited. And as for the planning, this show sounds like the kind of thing you can't tell too much about for 2 reasons: 1) to not spoil it 2) because it's just based on a loose scheme and a lot will be improvised.

I studied drama for a few years and every year we did this "open class", as we called it. Basically it was a performance, we had an audience and everything, but we didn't have a script to memorize, we relied only on a rough pattern, and we improvised most of the rest. There was no way of telling how the show would go beforehand, because the audience was supposed to be directly involved, giving us prompts to act on and generally being in charge of the route the show would take. Let me tell you, it made for a simultaneously terrifying and hilarious experience for us, and a great load of fun for the audience.

I'm assuming dan and phil's show will be something like this and it's exactly this layer of unpredictability that will make it good and has me very excited for it.
I didn't go to tatinof, but based on what I've seen, I think you just have to forget about that, because this will likely be very different.
I'm so glad they're dropping their branding and doing something less scripted, more genuine and mature. I think it will be a bit like a long, unedited version of PINOF, where they bounce off each other a lot, while trying to fulfill people's weird requests and challenges.
susan2
rainbow nerd

lol at the thread name
('door' and 'tour' doesn't rhyme with my accent so I was totally confused when Dan said that...it's like Obama Llama all over again for me haha)

I haven't watched it yet, but glad to hear they did a LS today to try to clear some thing up and de-stress everything. Much needed. Still not decided if I'm going to try for a ticket or not :shrug:

Here's an updated venues links list until Dan and Phil give us the goods. Thankfully it's looking a lot healthier today -
**Use danandphiltour.com for official info**

UK
28th Apr / Brighton / Brighton Dome
30th Apr / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
1st May / Milton Keynes / Milton Keynes Theatre
2nd May / Nottingham / Royal Concert Hall
4th May / London / Eventim Apollo
6th May / Glasgow / SEC Armadillo
7th May / Sheffield / Sheffield City Hall
8th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
9th May / Newcastle / Sage Gateshead
12th May / Edinburgh / Usher Hall
13th May / Liverpool / Empire Theatre
14th May / Salford / The Lowry
15th May / Salford / The Lowry
17th May / Basingstoke / The Anvil
18th May / Plymouth / Plymouth Pavilions
20th May / Leeds / Town Hall
22nd May / Birmingham / Symphony Hall
25th May / Cardiff / Motorpoint Arena
28th May / Belfast / Waterfront

Ireland
29th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre
30th May / Dublin / Olympia Theatre

Netherlands
2nd Jun / Amsterdam / Rai Amsterdam (*ticketmaster - 2pm) (*ticketmaster - 8pm)

Russia
5th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall
6th Jun / Moscow / Vegas City Hall

Germany
9th Jun / Berlin / Tempodrom Berlin

Poland
11th Jun / Warsaw/ Teatr Palladium :happybirthday: Dan

Finland
13th Jun / Helsinki / The House of Culture

Sweden
16th Jun / Stockholm / Stockholm Waterfront
17th Jun / Malmö / Malmo Live

USA
29th Jun / Denver CO / Bellco Theatre
1st Jul / Grand Prairie TX / Verizon Theatre
2nd Jul / Cedar Park TX / HEB Center
3rd Jul / Sugar Land TX / Smart Financial Center
6th Jul / Orlando FL / Dr. Phillips Center :banana: :banana:
7th Jul / Clearwater FL / Ruth Eckerd Hall
8th Jul / Ft Lauderdale FL / Broward
10th Jul / Augusta GA / Bell Auditorium
11th Jul / Greensboro NC / White Oak Amphitheatre
12th Jul / Richmond VA / Altria Theater
13th Jul / Reading PA / Santander Performing Arts Center (scroll to bottom of page)
14th Jul / Newark NJ / New Jersey Performing Arts Centre
15th Jul / Uniondale NY / NYCB LIVE
19th Jul / Hartford CT / The Bushnell Performing Arts Center
20th Jul / Providence RI / Providence Performing Arts Center
21st Jul / Schenectady NY / Proctors
22nd Jul / Pittsburgh PA / Heinz Hall
24th Jul / Detroit MI / Fox Theatre
25th Jul / Rosemont IL / Rosemont Theatre
26th Jul / Minneapolis MN / Orpheum Theatre
27th Jul / Milwaukee WI / Miller High Life Theatre
28th Jul / Cincinatti OH / Aronoff Center
29th Jul / St Louis MO / Fox Theatre
31st Jul / Cleveland OH / Connor Palace
1st Aug / Columbus OH / Schottenstein Center
2nd Aug / Louisville KY / Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
3rd Aug / Nashville TN / Tennessee Performing Arts Center
4th Aug / Atlanta GA / Fox Theatre
7th Aug / Phoenix AZ / Comerica
8th Aug / San Diego CA / Civic Theatre (*not found yet but looks like here)
9th Aug / Los Angeles CA / Microsoft Theater
11th Aug / Seattle WA / Moore Theatre

Canada
17th Jul / Toronto / Sony Center for the Performing Arts
12th Aug / Vancouver / Queen Elizabeth
TBC / Montreal

Australia
19th Aug / Melbourne / Plenary - on sale time TBC
22nd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
23rd Aug / Brisbane / QPAC
2nd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre - on sale 9am local time Wed 15 Nov
3rd Sep / Sydney / State Theatre - on sale 9am local time Wed 15 Nov

New Zealand
29th Aug / Auckland / ASB Theatre (*ticketmaster)

Philippines
12th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre
13th Sep / Manila / Kia Theatre

TBC
Jun / Brazil
Jun / Mexico
Sep / Hong Kong
Sep / Singapore
Sep / India
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

rainydays wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm I have to say I disagree with people saying that they haven't planned this out or they're not as excited as they were for tatinof. I actually got the impression that they are extremely excited. And as for the planning, this show sounds like the kind of thing you can't tell too much about for 2 reasons: 1) to not spoil it 2) because it's just based on a loose scheme and a lot will be improvised.

I studied drama for a few years and every year we did this "open class", as we called it. Basically it was a performance, we had an audience and everything, but we didn't have a script to memorize, we relied only on a rough pattern, and we improvised most of the rest. There was no way of telling how the show would go beforehand, because the audience was supposed to be directly involved, giving us prompts to act on and generally being in charge of the route the show would take. Let me tell you, it made for a simultaneously terrifying and hilarious experience for us, and a great load of fun for the audience.

I'm assuming dan and phil's show will be something like this and it's exactly this layer of unpredictability that will make it good and has me very excited for it.
I didn't go to tatinof, but based on what I've seen, I think you just have to forget about that, because this will likely be very different.
I'm so glad they're dropping their branding and doing something less scripted, more genuine and mature. I think it will be a bit like a long, unedited version of PINOF, where they bounce off each other a lot, while trying to fulfill people's weird requests and challenges.
Yep yep yep, totally agree with all of this! I'm so hyped! The only thing is now i am worried it wont be suitable for my 8 year old after what dan said, but then again he does watch SOME of the gaming videos with me...hmm! I'm gonna try and get tickets anyway and see what happens, if its mostly innuendo, i dont think he would get it to be honest bless him 8-)
allsaintshowell

there are also some shows that seem to be selling tickets through axs, another ticketing agent (think ticketmaster's competitor). results for "dan and phil" on axs
Image Image
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Just wanna share my favourite bit of the liveshow which, if I actually could have gone to one of the shows, would have probably convinced me to go.
At 32:03, Phil saying " So we just wanted to do it again. Mainly for you guys... But also a bit for us as well. Just a little bit of joy" with the cutest tiny smile while looking fondly at Dan. :love2:
Like if they're genuinely excited by it and even Phil is saying this is also them indulging themselves a bit, I think it's bound to be good.
Martina
tol bean

People who bought VIP tickets for tatinof or have payed to meet Dan and Phil before… is it worth it, in your opinion? I’m strongly considering it, but I’m very introverted (lol) and I don’t know how I would feel in that situation… how was the experience for you?

I can imagine regretting it a lot if I didn’t take the chance to meet them because they really mean a lot to me. But then again a quick hug and a photo might not even feel like a real meeting anyway, idk.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Hiya! First time post after being a srs bsns lrkr. Nothing very special about me besides the fact I actually found Deppy through fanfiction instead of the other way around... cough #gaylove tag cough :ASs: :indepthbaths: :thinkingoutloud: :prideheart:
I don't have anything intellectual to add to this conversation, I really just came here to squeal at how utterly overjoyed dip and dot looked in the ls; Phil as always but especially Dan!!(!) I honestly don't think we've ever seen him genuinely smile so much and that just makes my heart ?!*#&% <3
Okay, that's all from me. I just really had to share how happy I am for them and proud of them and all they've accomplished and yeah imma go head back to my corner and lurk some more and probably read some fluffyangsty au fic because apparently this is what my life has come to :garbage: And to think I had no idea who these noodles were three months ago. Okay I promise I'm stopping now! Byah!

Okay I just read through this again and I don't like how I sounds like I'm assuming things about their sexuality or relationship status!! Please note that while I may have discovered dnp through fanfiction, and while I thoroughly enjoy reading fanfiction, I am an honest fan of Phil and Dan as they are - individuals, creators, YouTubers - all shipping aside. Yes, they are my favourite otp in my imagination but I'd like to think I'm not an obnoxious demon phanny irl whose set to expose some grand secret or whatever. K now I'm rambling but you get my point, right?
Last edited by SHITiveHITtheFANdom on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

susan2 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm
Here's an updated venues links list until Dan and Phil give us the goods. Thankfully it's looking a lot healthier today -

UK

Ireland

Netherlands

Russia

Germany

Poland

Finland

Sweden

USA
13th Jul / Reading PA / Santander Performing Arts Center (scroll to bottom of page)

Canada
TBC / Montreal

Australia

New Zealand

Philippines

TBC
Jun / Brazil
Jun / Mexico
Sep / Hong Kong
Sep / Singapore
Sep / India
Thank you for this, if you can do it, then not sure why D&P's mangement or whoever is updating that website couldn't do it! Do you mind if I copy this onto the general discussion page in the tour forum (or you could post it if you dont mind) :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
susan2
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 pm
susan2 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

UK

Ireland

Netherlands

Russia

Germany

Poland

Finland

Sweden

USA

Canada
TBC / Montreal

Australia

New Zealand

Philippines

TBC
Jun / Brazil
Jun / Mexico
Sep / Hong Kong
Sep / Singapore
Sep / India
Thank you for this, if you can do it, then not sure why D&P's mangement or whoever is updating that website couldn't do it! Do you mind if I copy this onto the general discussion page in the tour forum (or you could post it if you dont mind) :)
Yeah, of course, feel free to repost it wherever you like / add to it as more venues post their pages - hopefully it can help some people out :) (It may actually be a handy backup of alternative links if Dan and Phil's website crashes tomorrow!)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Thought this was kinda interesting. Most of the venues have a bit more of a description about Dan and Phil themselves and they're all alike:

"Daniel Howell and Phil Lester are two of the world’s biggest YouTube stars. From producing their own comedy videos, they have gone on to present a Radio Academy Award winning show for BBC Radio 1, host international coverage of the BRIT Awards, release an app game ‘The 7 Second Challenge’ which reached #1 on the iTunes store, and in 2017 the hit board game ‘Truth Bombs’. They also proudly support charitable organisations such as Young Minds, Stand Up To Cancer and the British Red Cross."

Given that they're all the same, I'm assuming someone on Dan and Phil's end wrote it. So, it's essentially how they like to view themselves. The last sentence is interesting and cute in that "See! We do good things too!" sort of way.
isibelle
placenta

im emerging from my lurking cave to ask if anyone’s attending the london date of the tour? i went to tatinof and tbqfh didnt really enjoy it and spent the entire time cringing but this seems exactly like the type of thing i’d want from a dnp show and that ls convinced me. only thing is i dont have any friends who’d be down for paying to go with me, and whilst i know that this tour is less aimed at younger viewers im sure a large majority of the audience will be quite young and seeing as im almost nineteen i dont feel that clmfortable with the whole just-turn-up-and-befriend-people thing
allsaintshowell

almost all of the links are up on danandphiltour.com! :cheer:
Image Image
VengefulBlue
rainbow nerd

isibelle wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 pm im emerging from my lurking cave to ask if anyone’s attending the london date of the tour? i went to tatinof and tbqfh didnt really enjoy it and spent the entire time cringing but this seems exactly like the type of thing i’d want from a dnp show and that ls convinced me. only thing is i dont have any friends who’d be down for paying to go with me, and whilst i know that this tour is less aimed at younger viewers im sure a large majority of the audience will be quite young and seeing as im almost nineteen i dont feel that clmfortable with the whole just-turn-up-and-befriend-people thing
:welcome: we actually have a board set up for arranging that kind of thing - so far only two people have said they're going to the london show, but i imagine more people will know after tomorrow! London - Eventim Apollo - 4th May