Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
The_Blonde
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Kimship wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:43 pmI still miss livejournal communities, and places like fandom_wank(because mocking drama is better than being embroiled in it).
aw man, you're speaking to me on every level - i mean, i like tumblr just fine but i don't think there'll ever be a platform that replaces lj in my heart. it was just so perfect for how it built communities and encouraged interaction. also i'm still sad that journalfen never restored fandom_wank and stopped giving updates on its progress, now i can never reread the snape wives or all the domlijah drama :cry:

to answer the original question - my first ever fandom was, weirdly, les miserables and musical theatre when i was about 17 (it took a long time for me to adapt to the term phan when not related to phantom of the opera wow). i went from there into the lotr movie fandom, and then into bandom (mostly fob and mcr), and had a few years sorta in the fandom wasteland and some vague interests (harry potter, hockey, marvel) before i found deppy! a lot of my fandoms, looking back, have been very rps based. i tend to just go where the good fic is (i still say that 2008-2009 bandom had some of the best fics omg).

i've been in fandoms for almost ten years now and they've always brought a lot of joy to my life, and yet i never really talk with irl friends about it. i think i like having something just for me, if that makes any sense, and i really can't underestimate how much it helps me escape the real world when i need to :love1:
dans left hand
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

cumberphan definitely did stalk dan and phil to their street just like yellowdjh did earlier this year
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I think my first fandom was Sonic, technically. Way back when I was like 8 and joined forums when I was far too young. Then I had a variety of other fandoms I was in after that, like my little pony, Justin Bieber, many many emo bands (like falling in reverse, pierce the veil, etc), Victorious, just.. a lot. The fandom I’m in right now is the jse community but I refer to it more as a community than a fandom since it feels more like a nice, big community. I’m also technically back into the My little pony fandom since I post a lot about it on tumblr and whatnot and stuff so yeah. I don’t really consider myself a part of the phandom anymore? Idk. I don’t really have any phandom friends on tumblr but I have some on Facebook. Idk. It’s hard to consider myself a part of the phandom.

Sorry for this lame post just wanted to put in my two cents for fandoms I was in or am in now
:transheart:
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

my first fandom was Percy Jackson and the Olympians (I had an Instagram fan page and everything, I still love all of Riordan's YA work with a passion). From there I joined bandom on tumblr (mostly fob and other fueled by ramen bands). Lots of people in bandom also followed deppy which introduced them to me! I always found/find it annoying when people ask dnp about bands like fob or 21p in liveshows when it's obvious that they don't care about those bands :roll:
:lion: :prideflag:
DeadlyNova
living flop

My first fandom was in 2002-2006 and was My Little Pony, waaay back before liking My Little Pony was a cool thing. I was ridiculously obsessed and constantly bullied over it. I had a very large collection of MLPs and my 'friends' threw them out the window on my birthday because they were all girls and they said they were lesbians. The bullying made me have a sort of resentment towards FiM and MLP these days, because now it's one of the most popular things there is and I don't even like them anymore. (That and my last boyfriend literally dumped me bc he got into MLP and wanted to spend more time watching it so he didn't have time for me. LMAOOO.) My internet time was lacking back then, as I could only go on dial-up internet at my grandparents house on the weekends, and only for an hour, so my fandom involvement extent was playing games on mylittlepony.com and writing fanfiction in my notebook that nobody else ever saw. I did join a forum years later, but it was mostly for the collecting side of things.

My first super involved fandom was for a show called Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!(Does ANYONE remember it?), starting in late 2006. I made fan videos, attempted to write fanfiction although not a single one ever saw the light of day, joined forums, read a ridiculous amount of fanfiction(haa...I even printed some out to read at school.) It was my first forum experience, and while I wasn't super active, cemented that as my preferred method of interaction within fandoms. I haven't touched the fandom in years, but it did stick with me in the fact I name my username almost everywhere after my favorite character, my still active email is named after my other favorite character, and I'm meeting one of their voice actors this year. xD

This is kind of a fandom, but also kind of a collector thing, but I've been collecting Pullip dolls(an Asian fashion doll mainly used for photography, that is fully poseable and has movable eyes) for 10 years in February, and have been VERY active in the community for it for that entire time. I guess you could say it's my longest running fandom. I've been on a forum for it for nearly ten years as well, and while I have actually been the member of several forums for it, that one is the only one that's still alive. Most of the doll community has moved to Facebook and Instagram these days, but I much prefer forums.

Since then I've also been in several other fandoms. At 14 I joined a ton of different anime fandoms at once, mostly just anime in general(I think I was most active in the Death Note and Loveless fandoms). I think I was on a couple of forums. There was a ton of fanfiction read, I think I made a couple of fan-videos for some things. I've been on and off in various anime fandoms since then, but MOST of the time I haven't stuck to a specific anime for too long. OH, and Vocaloids.

When I was 17 I got into Alvin and the Chipmunks(the 80's cartoon, not the movies, I feel the need to specify), and it has been my longest running(besides my dolls) and most active fandom to date. I read and wrote fanfiction, drew fanart, made fan videos, and became one of the most active people in the entire fandom. I joined a forum for it and slowly moved up the ranks to where I am now the administrator. I'm still pretty active, although now it's more out of obligation than a want for it to be my main fandom, because it's not anymore. I don't think my obsession with anything will ever be as strong as it was for Alvin and the Chipmunks in those first couple of years, though.

Since then I've also had brief stints in the Fairly Odd Parents fandom, the Ed Edd 'n' Eddy fandom, the Invader Zim fandom, the Miraculous Ladybug fandom(for which I wrote my most popular fanfic to date. xD), a ton MORE different animes, I think the most heavily involved was Attack on Titan.

Right now my main fandoms and obsessions are Gorillaz, the anime HunterxHunter, and Dan and Phil. I'm in several others, but those are the only ones I want to discuss enough to reach out and join communities for. I'd love to be more heavily involved in some of them. But so far my main contributions are buying a TON Of merch, lots of Gorillaz fanart, and one HxH fanfic(I'd love to write more and draw more fanart for it too, but I love it so much I don't want to mess up. My favorite character in it is literally my favorite character I've ever had.).

The phandom is actually one I prefer to look at other people's contributions for than attempt to create anything myself, I think it's one of the few that's actually like that.
Last edited by DeadlyNova on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katemko
delia smith

it's about 15 hours to the new year where I am timezones are the worst. i dunno what i liked about dnp best, specifically this year. things are def changing for the better, i think, and i'm excited for that.
i'm so funny. i am the funniest person in the world. ryan gosling finds me hilarious. i'm in a submarine.
parallel
phabergé

My first fandom was probably technically A Series of Unfortunate Events since I joined forums and stuff for it when I was 7. But my first modern fandom (ie fanfic, stan twitter, Tumblr, that kind of stuff) was Harry Potter when I was 11.

Also, happy new year to anyone who's in 2018 now, and happy NYE to anyone who's still in 2017!
apathy
sad dimple

My first internet fandom experience was second-hand through email lists about a tv show in the very early 90s. I was around 10-11 and no one here had internet at home (we didn't even have a computer at home yet), but my mom had email at work and she would print out things she thought I'd like - mostly jokes and ascii art, actual images were not supported. :lol: But it was my first taste of people from all over the world coming together to have enthusiastic discussions and debates about something they all had in common, and it was great.

The first one I was directly involved with was late 90s boy band communities on Yahoo Groups, until they destroyed those... for email lists, apparently thinking those were going to be the way of the future? Stupid then, and worse in hindsight, Yahoo never did much of anything right. But made a few friends there that I kept in touch with for several years, still follow them on twitter where none of us ever post anything.

After that it was LJ and independently owned forums. I joined tumblr shortly before I got into D&P, but it was never very satisfying for the level of discussion I was used to previously, so I'm very glad I can lurk here now and get my fill. :thumb:

Happy New Year when the time is appropriate! :D
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
dansnose
delia smith
Pronouns: she/ her

onetruetrash wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:25 pm
dansnose wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:55 amRE: stalking- i’m mutuals with one of the girls who bumped into him and it pains me how a happy coincidence that was supposed to make them happy turned into this ugly mess that was blown out of proportion by people who always start drama sigh.
I swear every time I decide to see what's happening on IDB I have something to say. But are you really trying to say that cumberphan, who already knew Dan and Phil's address, just HAPPENED to bump into Dan right next to their house? gtfo with that bs.

And how dare someone tell people to respect Dan and Phil's privacy!!!!!! THE AUDACITY
i’m not mutuals w her i don’t even follow her i was referring to the other girl who from my experience with her and her version of the story (that i believe) i believe that the drama mostly was fueled by people being bored without much proof that there was even a reason to blow things up.
Elyanie
dank meme

dailybooth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:49 pm my first fandom was Percy Jackson and the Olympians (I had an Instagram fan page and everything, I still love all of Riordan's YA work with a passion)
Omg that was my first fandom too!! I used to read fanfiction in YouTube descriptions for a long time until I realized fanfiction sites exist :lol:
You are happy when you feel like you're being authentic
onetruetrash
blobfish

dansnose wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:01 pmi’m not mutuals w her i don’t even follow her i was referring to the other girl who from my experience with her and her version of the story (that i believe) i believe that the drama mostly was fueled by people being bored without much proof that there was even a reason to blow things up.
Oh yeah, validatedan. I'm not sure if she was in on it, so if she wasn't then cumberphan is a bad friend for bringing her there.

And what do you mean "without much proof"? There's literal proof. And they weren't bored. They didn't want people to get away with invading Dan and Phil's privacy.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

How do you guys think livejournal would have impacted phandom, if it were still around and a place fandoms gathered? Do you think phandom would be a different place without the pretense of direct contact with Dan and Phil? Because celebrities weren't on livejournal, the fourth wall emphasis felt much much greater. But it's not like that always made fandoms a calmer place... I mean, fandom_wank existed for a reason.
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

Popping out of lurkerdom (I haven't commented recently, but have kept up with everything) to say
Happy New Year! :newyear: and to add my own fandoms.

But first: Wow, Gamingmas was crazy and so, so good. We've really been spoiled by the great content and I'm feeling the drought badly right now. I never got around to watching Undertale, and now those videos are what I cling to. That and re-watching the PINOF bloopers. :D

Favorite Gamingmas videos were the HP quizzes, that just interest me so much. And also Chopstick challenge. I'm one of the people that don't care what kind of games they play on the channel, as long as it filled with those cheeky grins they could do 30 mins of rock, paper, scissors and I would be content. Least favorite was definitely Poptropica. If it had been Neopets, I would have been all over it because I played it so much way back when, but I haven't even heard of Poptropica.

Regarding fandoms: I started in the Buffy fandom (like Phil?), moved on to anime (Gundam Wing mostly), then HP, then Glee(Klaine!) and RuPaul's Drag Race. Now I'm in the Phandom and have returned to HP with a vengeance (It took me years to get enough over the events in the 7th book to enjoy it again). I've read a looooot of slash fanfiction over a period of 17 years, but before discovering Deppy in the spring I was really uninspired and had stopped for a while. I tend to avoid Twitter and Instagram Phandom though and on Tumblr I only follow a few of the brilliant people from here like alittledizzy. The drama sounds exhausting, I'm not into that at all so I'm really happy this place exists. I looked for something on Reddit first and was disappointed that there weren't any active Phandom subreddits.

Just a quick comparison between Drag Race and Phandom: One of the things that's really attracted me to Phandom is the high quality sleuthing like figuring out the layout of the flat, the predictions like the moving etc. Drag race fandom has a lot of people studying shades of blue on a wig in the corner of a screenshot to predict which queens will be on a show or will remain in the competition. As long as it's not invading anyone's privacy I think stuff like that is really fun.
sparkle
blobfish

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:58 pm I'm not that into knitting at the moment, even though I know I could be if I just started a new project. Now I'd like to do cross-stitch more often and maybe even try out other types of embroidery. To not make this post completely off-topic, I can mention that I actually cross-stitched a Deppy-themed Christmas card a while ago (can be found on Tumblr) and am planning to do something a bit more complicated next. I really like the colour schemes of the dog calendar so I might do something inspired by them.
as the person who received this card can I honestly say please check this out if you've not looked at it. The level of detail is INCREDIBLE and everyone I showed it to couldn't believe it had been hand-stitched :stan: #spon (seriously though I love it and i'll treasure it forever)

Re: fandoms

The first big fandom I was involved with was I guess Harry Potter, (since I got gifted Philosopher's Stone on audio cassette for Christmas 2000) but to me that was so intensely personal because I was 5 when I got the audiobooks and 16 when the last film came out (I literally grew up with it and the last film came out the same week I left school which was very emotional omg) that I never really engaged with wider fan culture; even though I had IRL friends who wrote fanfics. I've been on the studio tour, and Ive been to Platform 9 3/4 but again, its intensely private and personal to me.

I also was fairly involved in the Doctor Who fandom between 2005 - 2010. I engaged with vast amounts of meta text and had almost an encyclopaedic knowledge of the show. But then Matt Smith happened :sadgarbage:

The only other fandoms besides D&P i've been heavily involved in is the MCRmy. And like I was involved in the forum, I read fan fiction, had way too much investment in frerard (I could wax lyrical about the similarities to frerard and phan), I still collect MCR t-shirts - I have 15 please help, and I attended MCRmy meet ups in my city. I literally cried when I saw them live (Funnily enough, Dan and Phil were also there for the second time I saw them live, and that night is used as evidence they share clothes :lol: ) I had friends all over the UK, and I had an entire group of online friends. (We used to read bad fanfics over MSN - and this was also the same group of people who exposed me to The Game)

I dont tend to get too attached to media, like I have films I love (Fight Club, Ex_Machina, Pride) and i'm a bit of a Pixar nerd, and I could talk for about 3 weeks on why both Muse and Stephen King are genius, but nothing compared to some of my friends who were into LOTS of fandoms in a big way. So I find it interesting that I've only ever had two 'big' fandom experiences (those being D&P and MCR) and that my reasons for falling into both of these as hard as I did are very similar. And i've engaged with both of them similarly, despite now being 10 years older than I was when I first got into MCR.
Last edited by sparkle on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
zazzed
squish

re: fandoms!!: hm my first proper media obsession was doctor who or sherlock around 2012, but i can't say i was particularly involved in any sort of fandom as i didn't go on tumblr or forums i just kind of watched the episodes, bought the merch, etc. my first active fandom was probably the Smosh fandom ( :number1: ) , i remember begging my mom to buy me the ridiculously priced signed posters they were auctioning off for their new game that inevitably fell through :rofl:

and then i came to dan and phil in mid 2013 and that's when i properly got invested in fandom culture, i swear to god i did not leave my room at all that year. it got to a point where i was like one of the main people who giffed the radio show everytime it came on and got way too many followers than i was comfortable with lmao. d & p eventually hit a dry patch with me and i moved to the one direction fandom in the summer of 2014 and stayed there for nearly two years which was kind of a shit show but fun nonetheless

then i kinda got caught up in schoolwork and life and didn't rlly feel a connection towards any particular thing for like a year until i opened my old laptop and saw all my saved gifs and audio posts and what not and stumbled across the phandom again and now i'm here :ribena: pleased to say that this is the most connected i've felt with an audience and a fandom others in a while, even though funnily enough i don't actually talk to anyone on here personally but idk it just fosters a vibe of collectiveness that is somehow different from the sloshpit that is tumblr and twitter. and i vibe with it heavy.

funny story, I actually found idb while searching for what kind of music phil was into out of sheer, boring curiosity
forforever
smol bean

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 pm How do you guys think livejournal would have impacted phandom, if it were still around and a place fandoms gathered? Do you think phandom would be a different place without the pretense of direct contact with Dan and Phil? Because celebrities weren't on livejournal, the fourth wall emphasis felt much much greater. But it's not like that always made fandoms a calmer place... I mean, fandom_wank existed for a reason.
In my experience, Livejournal seemed more ~exclusive, which didn't allow everyone to participate like everyone in the phandom can. My first fandom was the Jonas Brothers and I started on imdb message boards, but moved to LJ when I was finally accepted into the popular LJ community for JB. It was called CallUsFreaks and I had to apply 3 times before I could see posts or anything. I don't know if all fandoms were like that, but it made it harder to get involved. At the same time I was also active on JB's fanclub message boards, which was fun, but I much preferred the LJ site because the age skewed higher so I feel like there was less hysteria and more regular discussion.

I also hate the fact now that celebrities could see what I'm posting on twitter or tumblr. I'm not super active in the phandom on those sites, but I would still be embarrassed if Dan or Phil saw a post I had tagged on tumblr with my thoughts about them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This is cool but I find myself wishing he'd just do a playlist. I enjoy knowing what individual songs appeal to him more than just whole albums.
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Fandom talk is so interesting to me, I feel like I've totally repressed most memories of being involved in them for fear of IRL friends finding out about them lmao. Which is stupid of me, because like other people have posted here, I also used to print out fics and keep them in a binder at school. (Holy shit, other people did that too. I'm not as lame as I thought wow) I'd totally read them in class and try to get my friends to read them. Sometimes I even brought in some of my own shit attempts at fic. None of my irl friends were ever interested and I was too dumb to take a hint.

I was really into bandom slash around 2005-2008. MCR, FOB, PATD - the emo holy trinity. So much good fic omg! Still remember all my faves from back in the day. God, I remember reading Ryden fics in bed on a flip phone with a 1.5" screen, and writing roleplay-style fics with other people over AIM. Christ that makes me feel so old.
Anyway, I contributed a lot of horrible bandom fic back in the day, but can't remember any of my usernames on LJ or anything. Writing this, I just remembered posting a Peterick fic to my myspace once in a bulletin, and when nobody commented on it, I spammed it to all my friends inboxes. Good job making friends, past me. Jesus, that gave me an actual cringe attack. I've repressed this all so well up until reading IDB today, lmao. Thanks for that. :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's interesting to see how things have changed so much for fandoms with social media being as huge as it is now. Definitely feels less niche than it did ten years ago.

Also so this post is somewhat on topic with Deps: I love that Dan put No Shape in his top 5 of the year! :love2: I love how Mike Hadreas expresses himself unabashedly, I wonder if that attitude was an inspiration for Dan in 2017.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
freedom to obey
smol bean

onetruetrash wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:10 pm
dansnose wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:01 pmi’m not mutuals w her i don’t even follow her i was referring to the other girl who from my experience with her and her version of the story (that i believe) i believe that the drama mostly was fueled by people being bored without much proof that there was even a reason to blow things up.
Oh yeah, validatedan. I'm not sure if she was in on it, so if she wasn't then cumberphan is a bad friend for bringing her there.

And what do you mean "without much proof"? There's literal proof. And they weren't bored. They didn't want people to get away with invading Dan and Phil's privacy.
They've had to know someone would eventually found out where they live. I can't believe they really thought it won't happen.
Or were they hoping that won't happen before the tour? Hmmmm...
It's inevitable, no matter how much everybody says it's a bad thing to do, or slags those kids.

With fandom like this it's next to impossible to hide pretty much anything for a longer period of time. (except a relationship lol)

I have a funny feeling, that they're actually not trying to hide the location of where they live, they're trying to hide the apartment layout, and that's why they're so careful and mysterious about it this time. It even seems they compensate the lack of "personal touch aka we'll show you a wall and bit of sofa" in videos with fan service.

I hope I'm wrong, though. If I'm not, I hope they have prepared a good excuse for when the shit hits the fan.

This might be way too cynical. Please don't kill me for it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

forforever wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 pm How do you guys think livejournal would have impacted phandom, if it were still around and a place fandoms gathered? Do you think phandom would be a different place without the pretense of direct contact with Dan and Phil? Because celebrities weren't on livejournal, the fourth wall emphasis felt much much greater. But it's not like that always made fandoms a calmer place... I mean, fandom_wank existed for a reason.
In my experience, Livejournal seemed more ~exclusive, which didn't allow everyone to participate like everyone in the phandom can. My first fandom was the Jonas Brothers and I started on imdb message boards, but moved to LJ when I was finally accepted into the popular LJ community for JB. It was called CallUsFreaks and I had to apply 3 times before I could see posts or anything. I don't know if all fandoms were like that, but it made it harder to get involved. At the same time I was also active on JB's fanclub message boards, which was fun, but I much preferred the LJ site because the age skewed higher so I feel like there was less hysteria and more regular discussion.

I also hate the fact now that celebrities could see what I'm posting on twitter or tumblr. I'm not super active in the phandom on those sites, but I would still be embarrassed if Dan or Phil saw a post I had tagged on tumblr with my thoughts about them.
That's really interesting - I don't think I was in any fandoms that had locked communities aside from one RPF community in a fandom where RPF wasn't prevalent. Most of my other fandoms were hugely RPF based and I remember things being mostly open. I guess it really depends on how the first wave of fandom set things up there, though. I do have to say I really miss having the option to at least lock certain posts, lol.

I think I always see it as harder to make friends in fandoms now because you have to literally get people's attention before they'll interact with and follow you and it's very easy for people to just fall into bubbles. I remember livejournal as being somewhere I could join a community and just jump in, much like with forums. (Which I've also used for years, in many past fandoms.)

I do agree about being embarrassed if Dan or Phil saw a post I put on tumblr. I almost never tag anything original with their actual names for that reason, I do not have a need or desire to be noticed by them.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

The end of the drought is on the horizon (although Dan isn't always the most prompt, so not getting too excited :lol: )

Also I really enjoyed reading Dan's replies about fav albums, he's such a music nerd. His taste of music is the kind of thing I would enjoy if someone else played but not look up on my own. I like my hip-hop more dancey and less vibey :shrug: Either way, I enjoy seeing him talk about things he's passionate about <3

(Edit because I saw a grammar error and it was killing me :lol: )
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
alch
ar·tic·u·late

freedom to obey wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm With fandom like this it's next to impossible to hide pretty much anything for a longer period of time. (except a relationship lol)

I have a funny feeling, that they're actually not trying to hide the location of where they live, they're trying to hide the apartment layout, and that's why they're so careful and mysterious about it this time. It even seems they compensate the lack of "personal touch aka we'll show you a wall and bit of sofa" in videos with fan service.
I don't see where you're coming from. In what way are they not trying to hide the location of where they live? They haven't put out any clues or whatever about their location that I can see, and the apartment layout is infinitely more easy to see than their actual location, because again, Dan and Phil have shown us nothing about the exterior or address of their apartment.

Plus, I don't think it's good to hold the view that it's impossible to hide their location. Even if, yes, some people do manage to find their location, it's entirely fair for everyone else to blame the person who was actively trying to find personal information that Dan and Phil obviously haven't shared and don't want on the internet.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 pm
forforever wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:51 pm

That's really interesting - I don't think I was in any fandoms that had locked communities aside from one RPF community in a fandom where RPF wasn't prevalent. Most of my other fandoms were hugely RPF based and I remember things being mostly open. I guess it really depends on how the first wave of fandom set things up there, though. I do have to say I really miss having the option to at least lock certain posts, lol.

I think I always see it as harder to make friends in fandoms now because you have to literally get people's attention before they'll interact with and follow you and it's very easy for people to just fall into bubbles. I remember livejournal as being somewhere I could join a community and just jump in, much like with forums. (Which I've also used for years, in many past fandoms.)

I do agree about being embarrassed if Dan or Phil saw a post I put on tumblr. I almost never tag anything original with their actual names for that reason, I do not have a need or desire to be noticed by them.
Oh, how I wish we still had LJ. It was 100% a train crash about to happen, but it was so much fun. Phandom would have been thriving in a comm. A phandom kink_meme would be AMAZING. Can we just all spend a week in a comm and just pretend it's 2003 again? :moredrama: I was going in LJcomms still for Avatar/Korra. So they aren't completely dead, just a lot calmer and full of fellow dusty fans. The LJ Purge did kill a lot of it though.
autumnhearth
senpai

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year! (Less than seven hours away for us). Looking forward to some yearly memeage, though I wish we would get some Phil memes.

Last night I played Truth Bombs and Cards Against Humanity with my siblings. While the latter was a bit more of hit, after sending the kids to bed, everyone seemed to enjoy Truth Bombs. The only complaint was three of colors being too similar. There are two blue-greens and one duller blue that are hard to distinguish on the answer sheets... especially with our atmospheric lighting. It would have been better if one was switched to purple and another to white. Too late for that.

First fandoms for me were LOTR and HP. Definitely a fan of Doctor Who and Sherlock, but not involved in their fandoms. The only other forums I’ve been on are for backyard chicken keeping and tea. This is the most engaged I’ve been really.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 pm This is cool but I find myself wishing he'd just do a playlist. I enjoy knowing what individual songs appeal to him more than just whole albums.
Has he ever asked people to reply with their favorite *something* before? He's already encouraging audience participation.

Happy New Year to everyone! Here's to a good new deppy year! :ribena: