Dan & Phil Part 63: hitting you with our gay agenda

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
malday
emo goose

The only thing related to his depression i can think of is people repeating his "i'm depressed and need edgy jokes to cope" phrase.
If someone does submit a "meme" about his depression and he fails to mention that he gave permission for it or acts like the video made him cry there is going to be a shitstorm again.
But he acknowledged he received an outpouring of support and reconnected with his audience after his depression video, maybe the memes he includes in that segment will be wholesome memes.
Last edited by malday on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
alch
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I don't think I've seen any depression memes about Dan, even the phandom steered clear of those. I saw infinitely more of the young phannies being like "we can't hurt smol danny anymore bc it'll make him more depressed!! don't ever be mean again!"

And he's made one of these lists every year, it's not really a spoiler just more making sure he gets enough content for each separate meme
cutestdan
smol bean

fancybum wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am I’m sorry this barely qualifies as Dan and Phil related but these tweets are killing me:
lool what would Dan think about this? I wonder if he ever watches Shane Dawson these days (even just out of morbid curiosity) or if he’ll ever mention him again. Have they ever spoken beyond that unfortunate leather-shirted vidcon meeting? What would they even say? Does Dan regret ever thinking of him as an inspiration, or is it just something he accepts as another part of his past to cringe at? Or is there still respect there? I don’t care how many floors their flat has, these are the kinds of pointless meaningless questions I crave the answers to.
dan unfollowed shane on twitter after shane made a conspiracy on phan so I'm guessing the answer is no!
"you're next to me, in my life"
autumnhearth
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 am I'm pretty sure Dan does the list thing every year. He asks twitter first to get a feel of what memes people suggest and then he composes a list based on that for tumblr to submit posts.
Here is the one from 2016: http://danielhowell.tumblr.com/post/136 ... all-memers
Cool thanks. :tu:

If anyone knows of, or could create a meme that actually educated Dan on the correct usage of “Phil and I” and “Me and Phil” that would be great, because it feels like most of the time he uses both incorrectly. “Phil and I” is only correct when you would say “I” if it was just yourself you were speaking of in a situation and “Me and Phil” can be correct if the singular sentence was “me”. Personal I would perfectly fine if Dan and stuck to his guns and only said “Me and Phil” and Phil only said “Dan and I” so that it could always be “Dan & Phil”. I’m also okay with them just saying we, our and us all the time.
fancybum wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:27 am I’m sorry this barely qualifies as Dan and Phil related but these tweets are killing me:
lool what would Dan think about this? I wonder if he ever watches Shane Dawson these days (even just out of morbid curiosity) or if he’ll ever mention him again. Have they ever spoken beyond that unfortunate leather-shirted vidcon meeting? What would they even say? Does Dan regret ever thinking of him as an inspiration, or is it just something he accepts as another part of his past to cringe at? Or is there still respect there? I don’t care how many floors their flat has, these are the kinds of pointless meaningless questions I crave the answers to.
Likewise I wonder what Phil thinks seeing as John was his first subscriber and a friend, but I get what you’re getting at, as Phil never really mentioned Shane as an inspiration.

Lol at the casual “Dad” thing. I’m now totally cool with it. I’m just uncomfortable with the daddy kink trope with the opposite “daddy’s good girl/boy” (often regardless of gender) as seen in fic. But “Dad” just makes me shrug and even calling a desirable guy a “Daddy” is amusing to me. It took me awhile to get to this point.
fancybum
senpai

cutestdan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 am
dan unfollowed shane on twitter after shane made a conspiracy on phan so I'm guessing the answer is no!
‘The answer is no’ to which question though. Shane had enough of an impact on Dan that Dan put him in tabinof, that’s pretty huge. I’m curious about how Dan feels about all of that now (with yes, all of the unfortunate happenings over the years resulting in Dan unfollowing). They’ve both changed a lot, even just in the last 2-3 years (good and bad). There’s got to be a way more interesting answer in there than just ‘no’ across the board. The only inspiration he really acknowledges these days (on the rare occasions it’s brought up) is Phil because that’s all anybody asks about. I’d like him to talk about it again, in depth, with the added gift of hindsight. Somebody get him as a guest on a semi-serious podcast, I have tens of dollars to throw at making this happen! Tens!
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
greenergrass
stress mushroom

malday wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 am The only thing related to his depression i can think of is people repeating his "i'm depressed and need edgy jokes to cope" phrase.
If someone does submit a "meme" about his depression and he fails to mention that he gave permission for it or acts like the video made him cry there is going to be a shitstorm again.
But he acknowledged he received an outpouring of support and reconnected with his audience after his depression video, maybe the memes he includes in that segment will be wholesome memes.
I don't think he would do that. Dan's humour is very hyperbolic and I love that about him, but I think he knows where the line is. If there are any depression memes, he might do his "offended" act at first, but since he's been such an advocate for mental health this year, I'm sure he would also include some statement about how he is totally okay with the jokes, and how mental health is a serious issue but it's good to be able to laugh at yourself (or something to that effect).

I find the over-the-top reactions to Dan's mental health (like the people who treat him like he's fragile) so frustrating. I think the more he jokes about it, hopefully the more certain people will see that they don't have to tip-toe around him, so I'm actually hoping he includes a couple jokes about it in the memes video for that reason (and also because it just brings awareness and reduces the stigma in general).
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I've been curious about this too! I'm a fan of Shane, I know that's not a popular phandom opinion. It seems to me like he's made some personal growth recently, so maybe Dan could have/would give him another chance.

I do know that Dan follows Drew Monson (@mytoecold mentioned in the second tweet) on twitter and I think that's a fairly recent thing? Drew definitely has some content that seems Dan-worthy (he's super open about his mental issues including depression, and makes jokes about it -- he's hilarious. Also a super talented piano player which dan would probs be interested in). Since Drew is one of Shane's best friends, maybe that could be some motivation for Dan to reconsider?
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

I've really liked that dan follows drew since I noticed a while ago.

shane hasn't demonstrated a shift in respect shown to dan despite shane changing his own channel content a lot in the last 12 months, and hitting some heavy subjects (and I guess being quite open about some dark stuff in his past the last few years, in general).

he made explicit, aggressively sexual comments towards dan while watching dan's first youtube video in 2015, in a way that was not expressing a crush but was intended to humiliate dan or at least make him uncomfortable. which rattled dan enough to unfollow him the first time, and not comment on him coming out (a few weeks after commenting very positively on ingrid nilsen's). In 2016 shane was commenting on the size and shape of dan's legs and saying he shouldn't wear skinny jeans. In 2017 he joked about dan and phil being in a closeted relationship on his podcast.

I actually have mixed feelings about enjoying watching some of shane's content myself (mostly just his 'scary' series with drew and garret), and I do believe people can grow and change. there's no evidence of that, however. until there is, i fully understand dan's choice not to mention him again nor follow him on twitter. which yeah, is sad for dan because of his past idolisation - but not sad for shane. we have no evidence from comments nor behaviour that shane is aware of how he may have made either dan or phil, feel.

I saw similar rhetoric surrounding dan years ago when people were asking why he wouldn't forgive emma and charlie, and give them another chance (by either re-following them, or commenting on the drama, or i don't know what exactly people expected). i have nothing to base this on, but it does make me wonder if people would ask the same of phil had he been sexually harassed/bullied/had his body commented on by other youtubers.

I often feel dan's greatest strength in just being really resilient year after year, despite dealing with low self-esteem and mental health issues, also bites him in the behind. he self-admittedly makes jokes about serious things as a way to cope with them, but I then see that reflected in people's expectations of him, and behaviour towards him/standards of behaviour they tolerate from others, toward him.

eek, before i forget:
please suggest some thread names as we're not far off 40 pages now and a poll will be created soon! :)
art in avatar by lily
so_cheesy
butt chair

fancybum wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 am
cutestdan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33 am
‘The answer is no’ to which question though. Shane had enough of an impact on Dan that Dan put him in tabinof, that’s pretty huge. I’m curious about how Dan feels about all of that now (with yes, all of the unfortunate happenings over the years resulting in Dan unfollowing). They’ve both changed a lot, even just in the last 2-3 years (good and bad). There’s got to be a way more interesting answer in there than just ‘no’ across the board. The only inspiration he really acknowledges these days (on the rare occasions it’s brought up) is Phil because that’s all anybody asks about. I’d like him to talk about it again, in depth, with the added gift of hindsight. Somebody get him as a guest on a semi-serious podcast, I have tens of dollars to throw at making this happen! Tens!
There wasn't many unfortunate things though and the most serious ones that probably lead to the unfollow are pretty recent. That conspiracy video where Shane speculates about phan was made in March 2017. Then he did it again(!) in his podcast in June 2017, where he talked about phan with the "psychic twins" and accused DP with faking their relationship. That's 2 pretty low blows in the span of a few months, and I'm not surprised the slightest that DP distanced themselves from him. I don't know exactly when Dan unfollowed him, people only started to notice around June.

Shane is famous for using his relationships for views which is, you know, his decision, but when he starts doing it with OTHER people's lives... It's iffy. I don't know if he changed since then because I don't watch him anymore.
fancybum
senpai

so_cheesy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 am There wasn't many unfortunate things though and the most serious ones that probably lead to the unfollow are pretty recent. That conspiracy video where Shane speculates about phan was made in March 2017. Then he did it again(!) in his podcast in June 2017, where he talked about phan with the "psychic twins" and accused DP with faking their relationship. That's 2 pretty low blows in the span of a few months, and I'm not surprised the slightest that DP distanced themselves from him. I don't know exactly when Dan unfollowed him, people only started to notice around June.

Shane is famous for using his relationships for views which is, you know, his decision, but when he starts doing it with OTHER people's lives... It's iffy. I don't know if he changed since then because I don't watch him anymore.
See mermaid blood’s post for an idea of what I was talking about, it’s not just about the phan conspiracy thing. Even if he’s “changed” in the sense of “he wouldn’t do that now/again”, he would actually have to acknowledge/apologize for something, and my last impression I had of it at the time (the psychic twins/queerbaiting accusation ~time), he was just very eye-rolly/dismissive about phandom backlash.
mermaid blood wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:21 am I actually have mixed feelings about enjoying watching some of shane's content myself (mostly just his 'scary' series with drew and garret), and I do believe people can grow and change. there's no evidence of that, however. until there is, i fully understand dan's choice not to mention him again nor follow him on twitter. which yeah, is sad for dan because of his past idolisation - but not sad for shane. we have no evidence from comments nor behaviour that shane is aware of how he may have made either dan or phil, feel.

I saw similar rhetoric surrounding dan years ago when people were asking why he wouldn't forgive emma and charlie, and give them another chance (by either re-following them, or commenting on the drama, or i don't know what exactly people expected). i have nothing to base this on, but it does make me wonder if people would ask the same of phil had he been sexually harassed/bullied/had his body commented on by other youtubers.

I often feel dan's greatest strength in just being really resilient year after year, despite dealing with low self-esteem and mental health issues, also bites him in the behind. he self-admittedly makes jokes about serious things as a way to cope with them, but I then see that reflected in people's expectations of him, and behaviour towards him/standards of behaviour they tolerate from others, toward him.
I hope the bolded is about general things (“rhetoric”) you’ve seen and not specifically my posts, which were just about wondering how Dan feels about Shane now vs. then and how he might feel about somebody he respects (John, presumably) championing Shane and Shane’s content now. Nowhere in there was I demanding or even hinting that Dan should get over it or forgive Shane (for things he’s never even publicly expressed regret, or generally any awareness of wrong-doing, over). And I wouldn’t ask or expect that of Phil either. He may not have unfollowed Shane, but I’m sure he’s got similar feelings to Dan after the phan/queerbaiting debacle (seemingly Dan’s last straw), as well as just being offended on Dan’s behalf by the more Dan-centric comments. They’re a two-for-one deal, you insult one, they’ll both cut you.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

@fancybum oh no, i should've gone into more detail sorry. i was definitely referring to my time on guru gossip and old blogs like lavita rica, etc. i've seen opinions of the same things all over twitter and tumblr since, but not discussions i was directly involved in.

Shane: he looks like somebody who would get fucked so hard on stickam. he would just go to his stickam and he would just be getting face fucked. [laughs] At 3am. 500 people watching, me included. and with like, the confetti on his head it's like 'party boy'. god, i want to fuck that mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3t2qXGIe4
art in avatar by lily
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Since it’s slowed down on here I wanted to ask about dans rebrand. Iv seen a few people talk about dans Rebrand didn’t work and nothing changed. Does anyone else think this is true or do you think somethings did change but then he go scared from the backlash from his memes video and go to scared to fully commit. I wish he really would drop the old branding by not bringing it up. He says a lot of the time he can’t ecape it but a lot of the time he’s the one that brings it back up, like the llama jumper and continuing to call his channel dinof. I really hope with the new tour and after opening up about his depression last year 2018 he could really step away from it all.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

Secretstanner wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm Since it’s slowed down on here I wanted to ask about dans rebrand. Iv seen a few people talk about dans Rebrand didn’t work and nothing changed. Does anyone else think this is true or do you think somethings did change but then he go scared from the backlash from his memes video and go to scared to fully commit. I wish he really would drop the old branding by not bringing it up. He says a lot of the time he can’t ecape it but a lot of the time he’s the one that brings it back up, like the llama jumper and continuing to call his channel dinof. I really hope with the new tour and after opening up about his depression last year 2018 he could really step away from it all.
Nah, I'd say that stuff did change with his rebrand. However, I'd call the rebrand more the continual process over several years in which he slowly began to drop all of his old random and llamas stuff and whatnot. The official channel name changing just kind of sealed the rebrand.

Personally, I'm fine with him continuing to bring up the old branding. To me, there's not really any harm in it, since he's not actually, unironically, acting like he loves llamas and is "so ranDOM xDD :3," and calling the channel dinof is honestly more out of habit and because everyone still thinks of it in that way.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Secretstanner wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:42 pm Since it’s slowed down on here I wanted to ask about dans rebrand. Iv seen a few people talk about dans Rebrand didn’t work and nothing changed. Does anyone else think this is true or do you think somethings did change but then he go scared from the backlash from his memes video and go to scared to fully commit. I wish he really would drop the old branding by not bringing it up. He says a lot of the time he can’t ecape it but a lot of the time he’s the one that brings it back up, like the llama jumper and continuing to call his channel dinof. I really hope with the new tour and after opening up about his depression last year 2018 he could really step away from it all.
I don't know, I feel like Dan's rebranding went according to plan? I thought the rebranding was more about changing his channel name, not changing his content, I believe Dan said so himself. Changing his content and general attitude has been happening too, of course, but not as a part of the rebrand - the change in Dan started way before he changed his username.

As for him still using the dinof username, I wonder if he will ever stop - it's convenient to still use the old channel name as opposed to his actual name, but as time goes by, it will be less and less relevant. I guess we'll see.
Him bringing up his old branding doesn't surprise me or bother me at all, it's very much fitting with his general self-depreciating humor and I think that bits of it will always be there.

All in all, I don't know what else Dan wants to/should change. Perhaps as he opens up more, his videos might touch on more personal topics, such as his depression video, but I don't believe that to be a part of his "rebranding". That's just Dan, growing up, changing as a person, defining who he is for his audience. The rebrand was only about his old username.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think not wanting to be tied down by something and having that be all you're associated with ever doesn't mean you have to 100% stop liking a thing you once unironically liked. I'm pretty sure what Dan resented was all their merch still having a llions-and-llamas theme, and how heavily, heavily branded TABINOF and TATINOF were toward that - but llamas became Dan's branding for a reason; I assume he doesn't literally dislike everything llama related now. He did also say his content wasn't changing, and I think that's mostly because Dan had already stopped doing all the content he didn't want to do. Which, tbh, I think Phil has done as well - but in true Phil style there was no announcement, he's just let things go as he sees fit. Phil's method is smarter, there's no expectation on him to change all at once, but I also kind of get how for Dan a clean break from some things might have felt mentally healthier because it allowed him to feel free to move forward in ways he wanted without owing anyone explanations or fielding questions.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I actually think it did work. He has said repeatedly that his channel and his content wasn't going to change just the name. I think the fans thought his rebrand would be more than it was, that Dan would drop his persona entirely. I'm sure he will continue to evolve what his channel is, just like he has been since the beginning. Dan and Phil never stand still they are constantly evolving their content it's just not as noticeable as they don't do things drastically.

What his "rebrand" allowed him to do was have his real name attached to things. It also meant that the Phandom was forced to drop certain references such as the Llama, placenta etc. I thought his reference to his Llama jumper was fine. Just because he has rebranded, doesn't mean that everything he did or liked in the past needs to be erased. Llamas are cute, why not wear the jumper?

I'm not sure what people were actually expecting the rebrand to be? He has dropped his 'persona' on camera a bit more but that has been less about his rebrand and more about being more himself on camera which has been a slow evolution. You can see the same thing with Phil and he didn't rebrand at all. As to the references to DINOF, that is his channels actual name. There's nothing wrong with calling his channel that when referring to it, especially when he's trying to differentiate between channels. Fans aren't going to forget that he rebranded because he used the name.

In summary- I think it worked but wasn't as big a change that fans got their hopes up for.

Not really addressing the rebrand but just my thoughts:
Every fandom has old outdated references. It's a a way for fans to prove that they have been involved for a long time and/or done their research enough to join that fandom. When someone brings up something we might consider cringe, a lot of the time they are just trying to show that they deserve entry into the group. It's showing that they understand the language and references of the group-like knowing where Hufflepuffs are great finders comes from.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
liola
rankussy

The rebrand meant how Dan wanted it to be did work, indeed. He never said he wanted his content to change, he just wanted the name and the stupid references attached to his internet persona to stop so that he could be taken seriously outside of youtube. Which HAS happened. It's his actual name that is attached to being the HelloYellow ambassador and the campaign against cyber bullying, not his channel name. That is what Dan wanted first and foremost, which is understandable. I think when people hear the word rebrand think about some huge strategy of changing everything assciated with that person/company but in reality if that happened it would be a different brand altogether ;)

I also think it was necessary for him so that they could move into planning TIIT the way they wanted to, without their old cringe branding attached to it. It goes perfectly with what this entire year has been for them, but mostly Dan - more personal, more deep, more him.
I also agree with @alittledizzy in that Phil also rebranded, and did it in a much smarter and also smoother way. He didn't make an announcement, never even acknowledge it, but it's undeniable that the way he presents himself now is way different than the way he did it pre-baking universe. If I have to put a date on the start of his rebrand I can't not mention the BONCAs because that was a huge deal and opened up the doors to Phil's personality and made us all feel like he was letting us be a bit closer.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I still just don't get the rebrand, which is totally on me yadda yadda, it just bothers me how inconsistent and messy it is.

He had a unique and recognizable username that wasn't nearly as cringe as he thought it was (but hey, personal preference I get that) which he attached to a tour and a book. Considering how much they banged on and on about how books were forever and would survive throughout whatever fantasy disaster they had thought of, you'd think that at least the title of those things would have some kind of timeless relevance where content obviously can't. Apparently not.

He now uses the name 'Daniel Howell' instead DINOF while rarely ever using that name anywhere else. Isn't that just confusing for potential new viewers who won't be sure how to address you? We call him Dan, his friends call him Dan, in videos he's Dan and he's still part of the Dan & Phil duo. But in channel and video titles and occasional official stuff, he's Daniel. Not always though, because the upcoming video will most likely use Dan in the title again as that's what he called it in his Tumblr post. His second channel? Fair enough, it doesn't see much use anyway. But the name is still a reference to DINOF, again using the name Dan. I think I'd drive myself crazy if I essentially went by two names all the time. But maybe I think about too hard.

The whole hype around it and the video itself... oh boy. "Llamas, Maltesers and Delia Smith are now really dead guys!!" like congrats my man but you've naturally moved away from that already, and while there will always be cringe people most of the phandom hasn't been about that for a long ass time now either. Just continue to move in the direction you were already going in. All it really was was the justification of a name change which he easily could've done in the same way Phil axed old shit like Draw Phil Naked. Drop the bomb at the end of a video, be done with it. I guess that's the difference between them, Phil doesn't like making big deals out of things and does things quickly and effectively. Dan always gotta be a bit dramatic about it and is the exact opposite of quick and effective.

But this was always about Dan and his happiness, not about his content or his audience, so no. The rebrand didn't fail. I still think most of it was a lot of hot air, but it didn't fail.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I can imagine that the "rebrand"/rename has been something that was important to Dan for personal reasons.
You know how when some girls go through a breakup and then change their hair because they want things to be different? They are still the same person but to them it feels like a change. The channel rename might have helped Dan with his mental health and past issues - to make the change of his personality from a few years ago to who he is now more tangible. Maybe it's not so visible to us, maybe it felt good or necessary for him. We probably won't know.

(I know that Dan also literally changed his hair but I suck at coming up with comparisons to explain my not very eloquent brain)
so_cheesy
butt chair

IMO the rebrand/name change was a wise decisionon on the long-term. Dan isn’t just a Youtuber any more. He has a career outside YT and clearly he’s thinking ahead. That’s more important than having a set of matching usernames.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Thanks to everyone who reply to this post I agreed with everyone. I just wanted to know everyone’s thoughts from people who we’re here before the rebrand since his rip dinof was my first video of him when I really came back to watching them. I wanted to know if people just thought of the rebrand was just the name change like he said or more. I do think it was more I know he said nothing would change but I do feel like it has in a sense, like his first liveshow after he just seemed so happy they had just moved and he just rebranded so it was a fresh start. The reason I do think people felt like nothing changed in the beginning was because of the dramatics of the video and liveshow about rebranding. I do think maybe it wasnt needed because none of that was really his branding anymore. He could of just told us he was changing the name without a video but I guess he was doing it more for himself than anyone else.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

:reading1: Come Join the IDB Book Club! :reading2:

Some of us have started a "book club" for discussing Phan fics on IDB. The thread is here and a post about the first fic we are reading is here.

The general idea is to discuss a new fic (or set of shorter fics based around a theme) on the 1st and 15th of every month. After the first couple of fics, the plan is to know the schedule at least a month ahead of time so there is ample time to read each fic to be discussed. Come have fun discussing fic!

Our first fic is home is where the wifi connects automatically by oqua. We will start discussing it on January 15th.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

so_cheesy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:51 pm IMO the rebrand/name change was a wise decisionon on the long-term. Dan isn’t just a Youtuber any more. He has a career outside YT and clearly he’s thinking ahead. That’s more important than having a set of matching usernames.
I agree with this and think he also did it so that when he did take a stand on something he wouldn’t be quoted as danisnotonfire. He seemed embarrass when his YouTube name/channel were linked in that political article
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Meh, does he really have a career outside of YouTube atm tho?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Catallena wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:46 pm Meh, does he really have a career outside of YouTube atm tho?
yeah, i definitely get and agree with your point. everything he has "outside of youtube" has just stemmed from youtube itself, and of course isn't entirely separate. the books, both tours, his work with young minds, and literally every other work thing he does is all because of youtube, and always goes back to it. dan's made some really great connections to lead him to a career outside of youtube when that "meteor" eventually strikes and they see no point on the platform anymore, but he definitely is still very much attached to youtube. and yes this post was probably really pointless