Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Whommel
sofa crease
Pronouns: They/them

That two furries thing is the best thing that exists on Youtube! I love bloopers, it's my absolute favorite DnP content, and that was just extra special <3
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

That was immensely cute, although super short! But I'll take anything at this point. The jokes with Tom and Hazel were the best.

I loved Dan's singing voice, like what the hell was not expecting that!
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Lain
eclipse shirt

I knew the video would be less than 10 minutes, but I was still disappointed by the length. I'm flipping greedy. :( It was cute, though! My "natural voice" kink was satisfied a few times and Phil's gas man bit amused me as much as it probably annoyed Dan. XD

The fursuit comment and glance at Phil was the highlight for me!
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 pm I might not be from the UK but I swear I have that same bath mat.

Apart from that - meh? I am not so much into the abobubabla? speech error thing. I think he really wanted to put a video out and scraped up what he could (and even including DINOF outtakes). Would have personally prefered if he just waited a week until he was healthy and put out a video then, but god knows about their secret upload schedule.
I agree, that was draaaaagged out.

Here's an example of something being dragged out but still succeeding at being hilarious:
Artdefines06 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:06 pm I now have a theory about why Hazel and Tomska looked so uncomfortable in the gaming vid. Is it possible what we watched was round two, after the initial practice round, and they were genuinely scared and scarred from the first round?
I've missed your posts! I didn't sense a lot of awkwardness from either Tom or Hazel from the first video (maybe a little from Hazel), but I still find that idea hilarious. :lol:
Last edited by Lain on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

End the year with bloops, begin the year with bloops, works for me! I’m especially soft for natural voice conversations, singing and silliness. External valve, unwanted zooming in, personal trainer nonsense and Phil laughing so much from the two furries tied to a bed that it hurt his face were my faves. The Interactive Introvert cuts were especially plentiful (if not the best) leave it to Capital£ester to focus on the tour spon. The only thing I really truly missed was Phil attempting to convincingly punch Dan it the stomach over and over again during his University video, since we know it exists. Ah well.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

The video was pretty good, there are some thing I'd like to see bloopers from that were tragically not included, but oh well.
Maybe I'm just used to their 10+ minute content and that made this feel even shorter? Eh, I wish it had been a little bit longer but honestly I was happy with it.

Now, I'd like to see the full version of their other rounds of truth bombs with tomska and hazel. I can't believe they've hidden this from us
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Alright I know we're only on page 8 of the thread, but if Two Furries Tied to a Bed :bear: :lion: isn't the next thread title I'll be gnashing my teeth. Platinum content, that! :rofl: but what in the world was that phan side-eye? :bbb: That was a whole conversation there.
fondsmiles
phabergé

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 pm but what in the world was that phan side-eye? :bbb: That was a whole conversation there.
okay so in my head, i feel like dan was totally gauging how phil was feeling, as intently as he was looking at him. right before, phil said "stop, stop", which i kind of interpreted as "dan, calm down, don't make it too weird" - like keeping him subtly in check in front of their friends and the camera. and dan's glances at phil were what i see as him trying to figure out if he's made phil genuinely uncomfortable.
but like, all veeeery subtly. not like a big issue or anything. that's just the subtitles my mind provided to their silent conversation.

also: THE VIDEO WAS AWESOME, i fucking live for their soft voices. i personally identify with the way phil said "well done" to dan in the shower, and the way dan said "hooray" so softly to phil in the last clip. and i am romantically attracted to phil's giggle in the gas sketch and how he says that "no, clearly not". :love2:

what was the clip from dan in the shower from, btw? I couldn't quite remember and was too lazy to go back through their videos
[x]
[x]
Amiaw
interactive introvert

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 pm Alright I know we're only on page 8 of the thread, but if Two Furries Tied to a Bed :bear: :lion: isn't the next thread title I'll be gnashing my teeth. Platinum content, that! :rofl: but what in the world was that phan side-eye? :bbb: That was a whole conversation there.
If you look a Dan closely, it looks like he elbows Phil in the side to get his attention and then gives him that look. I’d like to know what Dan was thinking there
alch
ar·tic·u·late

fondsmiles wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm
what was the clip from dan in the shower from, btw? I couldn't quite remember and was too lazy to go back through their videos
I think it's from the university video, the "down it" part
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I feel betrayed by youtube as I didn't get the notification for this video, so I'm late to the party. I woke up from my nap after work like "Wait... the bloops were today."

Like everyone else has said I'm loving the more soft natural voices that we got. Also I've realized how much more attractive Phil is to me when he has a more relaxed natural face and isn't doing the wide-eyed AmazingPhil™ face. For example you can really see the difference when he's being science!Phil and then looks down trying to get his words together mumbling "molecule.." (about 1:00-1:05).

Am I just dense that I don't get what Phil was implying with the external valve "YEAH.. it doesn't.. clearly.." thing? Or is it just ambiguous?

Also, I agree with @fondsmiles that Dan's side glance was in response to Phil's "stop, stop." At least that's how I perceived it when I first watched.
Artdefines06 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:06 pm I now have a theory about why Hazel and Tomska looked so uncomfortable in the gaming vid. Is it possible what we watched was round two, after the initial practice round, and they were genuinely scared and scarred from the first round?
I have a similar theory. I think maybe they filmed the first round but someone's answer maybe went a little too far, and they couldn't cut it because it would be super obvious they cut out an answer and mess up the flow of the game. Therefore they would have had to re-do it and film a second round, which probably wasn't planned and may explain why things felt a little tense/awkward. :shrug:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

liola wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:19 pm "Hey does you external valve connect to the flow pipe?" "*giggles* yeah, it doesn't. Clearly"
I loved the video and I think most of my fave moments have already been talked about so I won't go into details about everything, but I just wanted to quote this one bit because Phil was adorable in it. I was just talking on tumblr about how moments like these, where Phil giggles at himself and amuses himself always remind me of a video where Phil's laughing at something he said/did and then Dan fondly says something like 'you really tickled yourself there, eh'. I always loved that moment and it's what I think of every time Phil giggles at himself.

I'm trying to find the moment / the video it was from, and I can't find it! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Well wasn't that cute?? What a nice way to end the drought, I'm always a sucker for some bloops since I love seeing them au naturel, especially with their soft natural voices and small giggles. Plus seeing Phil laugh so hard at the furry joke was a day-maker :love2: I just wish this was longer, but knowing the memes video is imminent is gonna help tide me over.

Oh, and I loved Phil's hair from the 2:00-2:09 clip, what video was that from? I feel like we're always discussing Phils hair so I hate to start it back up, but it was such a nice style without being a quiff.

The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

@KatjaZoe the pipe and valve not connecting was referring to the gas leak, he just meant if they’d been connected everything would have been working fine. I also loved that bit, an aside in his natural voice, no acting, a bit of snark, those are some of the best Phil moments.

The bit in the red plaid shirt with his hair pushed back is also from that scene, it’s him replying to the gas man. I loved that scene in the original (2017 wants me dead) so much. Gah, will go rewatch and want to smack him all over again for also recreating nearly setting his sock on fire.

I loved seeing and hearing them help each other out with corrections, prompts, praise, all these little things are so interesting. Phil’s babbling from the gym video looks just like he’s talking to a baby, gave a cute flash-forward to my imagination.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

flarequake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:07 am @KatjaZoe the pipe and valve not connecting was referring to the gas leak, he just meant if they’d been connected everything would have been working fine. I also loved that bit, an aside in his natural voice, no acting, a bit of snark, those are some of the best Phil moments.
Thank you! For some reason i thought there was some kind of ~innuendo~ hidden in there, but i guess that just my perverted mind trying to make something dirty when it wasn't :lol:
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
starwatersong
phabergé

Love me some bloopers! Nice just to have a little fresh content to whet appetites for 2018.

Wished the video, as always, was longer but thought it was interesting in the Interactive Introverts section that they sync audio and visual with a clap at the beginning (Caspar Lee does the same thing).
greenergrass
stress mushroom

whatdoiknow wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 pm
liola wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:19 pm "Hey does you external valve connect to the flow pipe?" "*giggles* yeah, it doesn't. Clearly"
I loved the video and I think most of my fave moments have already been talked about so I won't go into details about everything, but I just wanted to quote this one bit because Phil was adorable in it. I was just talking on tumblr about how moments like these, where Phil giggles at himself and amuses himself always remind me of a video where Phil's laughing at something he said/did and then Dan fondly says something like 'you really tickled yourself there, eh'. I always loved that moment and it's what I think of every time Phil giggles at himself.

I'm trying to find the moment / the video it was from, and I can't find it! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
I still can't find the moment I'm looking for but in my search of googling 'phil making himself laugh', I came across this video by felucca that most of you have probably already seen but I thought I'd drop it here anyway to bless those of you who haven't seen it with some phil lester sunshine
Still looking for the original moment I mentioned if anyone knows what I'm referring to because at this point it's gonna drive me crazy if I can't find it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 am

I still can't find the moment I'm looking for but in my search of googling 'phil making himself laugh', I came across this video by felucca that most of you have probably already seen but I thought I'd drop it here anyway to bless those of you who haven't seen it with some phil lester sunshine
Still looking for the original moment I mentioned if anyone knows what I'm referring to because at this point it's gonna drive me crazy if I can't find it.
You almost found the right video!
Around 5:00 - 5:05
greenergrass
stress mushroom

LurkingTrash wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 am
whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:39 am

You almost found the right video!
Around 5:00 - 5:05
Thank you!! You're awesome <3

(I think there was actually another moment I was thinking of though. Which is even better because then Dan said basically the same thing to Phil twice. Or I'm just completely losing my mind and this is the moment I was thinking of all along)
apathy
sad dimple

KatjaZoe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:25 am
flarequake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:07 am @KatjaZoe the pipe and valve not connecting was referring to the gas leak, he just meant if they’d been connected everything would have been working fine. I also loved that bit, an aside in his natural voice, no acting, a bit of snark, those are some of the best Phil moments.
Thank you! For some reason i thought there was some kind of ~innuendo~ hidden in there, but i guess that just my perverted mind trying to make something dirty when it wasn't :lol:
I took it as him also making fun of himself? Like "clearly" something wasn't connected, since he couldn't remember the line to get it right.

On the Truth Bombs game, it looks like the internet history question is on the left (yellow) and the middle one looks like it might say "What is their greatest fear?" Can anyone get the 3rd? Just curious what it was.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

The bloopers were a blessing. Way too short though. Still so good though omg. The furries tied to a bed part.. what even was that.
:transheart:
planetkidlwt
tol bean

I also had a bit of a chuckle when I saw their bath mat bc we have the exact same one at home (it's from Ikea)!! But going to agree with everyone and say that the video was so short but I'm so thirsty for content I will take what I get and just rewatch this 56 times until either Dan's memes video, a new gaming video or a ls....

The "two furries tied to a bed" bit though.... Dan pls stop.

I also agree with @whelpkeeper that the way Phil's quiff looks in that gas man scene is just A Look

Overall I loved the video.. esp when they """break character/persona""" and their natural facial expressions and voices come on show, truly a kink of mine

also also was I the only one laughing uncontrollably to hide the slight fear I had when Phil was going all bababablalaldba to the camera
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I too have that bath mat! Ikea shoppers unite.

(It's good to know Dan and Phil aren't rich enough that they've abandoned going cheap with some stuff.)
so_cheesy
butt chair

Daily confession: Dan’s whining about the sirens for comedic effect always rubs me the wrong way. Somebody’s house is on fire, or somebody’s in danger, or somebody’s DYING and you complain about how the sirens are inconvenient to YOU. Uhh
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

so_cheesy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 am Daily confession: Dan’s whining about the sirens for comedic effect always rubs me the wrong way. Somebody’s house is on fire, or somebody’s in danger, or somebody’s DYING and you complain about how the sirens are inconvenient to YOU. Uhh
I kind of felt the same originally and then I moved to London. There are so many sirens!

Phandom Gives Update
We are at 69% of the new goal!
Make A Wish tweeted about the project. I also got an email from Young Minds thanking us for setting up Dans drive.

Thanks for all the support so far :respekt2:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

lilabet wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:13 am Phandom Gives Update
We are at 69% of the new goal!
Make A Wish tweeted about the project. I also got an email from Young Minds thanking us for setting up Dans drive.

Thanks for all the support so far :respekt2:
That's so amazing!! I think this is such a lovely cause, and I am genuinely proud of us as a community for doing something good of our own accord <3

In other news, the bloopers were great albeit short. Like pretty much everyone else, my special shoutouts go to the bit where Dan moved the camera to annoy Phil while they were filming in their old kitchen and Phil went all fond-smiley-eyes, Phil's "Good job!" after Dan had water poured all over him for the uni video, and of course the two furries tied to the bed exchange. Quality content indeed.

I wonder if Phil will do a liveshow today? Or maybe Dan will upload the memes video? Whom knows...
so_cheesy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 am Daily confession: Dan’s whining about the sirens for comedic effect always rubs me the wrong way. Somebody’s house is on fire, or somebody’s in danger, or somebody’s DYING and you complain about how the sirens are inconvenient to YOU. Uhh
I definitely get where you're coming from, and of course you're entitled to feel that way, but I think it's less out of a callous disregard for the person/people involved and more out of frustration that he is unable to use footage with noise in the background and has to refilm. It would be annoying to have the perfect take ruined at the last minute by loud sirens, especially if it's something that happened often while they were living at that flat - I don't think he was seriously blaming anyone, just expressing frustration at having to reshoot scenes all the time because of the noisy area they lived in.