Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
User avatar
fancybum
angel bean
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by fancybum » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm

whatdoiknow wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm
What are the chances we'll get a video tonight? I had convinced myself this week that we'd get either the memes video or a gaming video on friday, and now I'm expecting it lol. It's getting fairly late their time though, so I'm starting to lose hope for a new video today.
I wouldn't mind being surprised by a video (lolunderstatement) today, but I'm anticipating a game stream tomorrow and Dan's video on Mon or Tues (and a liveshow either before/after?!!??). Based on nothing and I'm fully prepared to continue living the disappointment of no videos at all :lol:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me



whatdoiknow
sad dimple
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by whatdoiknow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Secretstanner wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm
They won’t post tonight it’s after 10 in the UK. I think that we could either get the meme video tomorrow but I’m not banking on it till maybe Tuesday, because then he won’t have to do a liveshow.... again :( With gaming videos last year the first gaming video was 20th jan. I’m guessing they both want there to be main channel videos before we get a gaming one
Yeah, I was trying to keep up hope because sometimes Dan is a little later with his videos. Oh god, was it really that late for a gaming video last year? Let's hope they're a bit quicker this year.
fancybum wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 pm
I wouldn't mind being surprised by a video (lolunderstatement) today, but I'm anticipating a game stream tomorrow and Dan's video on Mon or Tues (and a liveshow either before/after?!!??). Based on nothing and I'm fully prepared to continue living the disappointment of no videos at all :lol:
Ooh I like the thought of a game stream tomorrow. Loweryourexpectations, loweryourexpectations. I was hoping Dan's video would come quicker than that. And oh god, please a liveshow soon! (Not only for the liveshow which I'm dying for another one, but I'm also missing your timestamps hahah).

I would definitely be good with gaming livestream tomorrow, dinof memes on monday, dan liveshow tuesday. But I think I'm dreaming there. "Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst" is the motto to live by

User avatar
KatjaZoe
drama llama
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:56 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by KatjaZoe » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 pm

That's an official RIP to any chance of the memes vid getting posted tonight, i'd say.
Also he's right, troye's new song is a bop. Dan's tweet had me go watch the music video, and omg that boy is beautiful.(Wouldn't be surprised if dannyboy had a lil crush :lol: )
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:

User avatar
alch
#relatable
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 am

I mean last year there was no content towards the beginning but I'm getting antsy
I feel like gamingmas may have made me expect more content but it was usually like every two or three days before?
Hopefully there'll be a video soon

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:54 am

alch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 am
I mean last year there was no content towards the beginning but I'm getting antsy
I feel like gamingmas may have made me expect more content but it was usually like every two or three days before?
Hopefully there'll be a video soon
I have this feeling like this week was supposed to be a main channel Phil video and then a few days later we'd get a main channel Dan video, but Phil got sick and Dan wasn't ready to bump his video up to first. I am kind of halfway holding out hope for a gaming livestream tomorrow since neither of them did actual streams this week.

blueskies
tol bean
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by blueskies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am

While we're waiting for Dan's memes video, has anyone seen Ryan Higa's latest video YouTube Reryan Fail? The amount of shade he throws at YouTube is incredible, and I admire him for it. It's great.

I'm not saying that I want deppy to do something like that, but I'm also saying that deppy would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they'll never come even remotely close to offending YouTube.

User avatar
alch
#relatable
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 am

blueskies wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am
While we're waiting for Dan's memes video, has anyone seen Ryan Higa's latest video YouTube Reryan Fail? The amount of shade he throws at YouTube is incredible, and I admire him for it. It's great.

I'm not saying that I want deppy to do something like that, but I'm also saying that deppy would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they'll never come even remotely close to offending YouTube.
Honestly deppy never speak ill of youtube, and they're such buddies with Susan Wojcicki it's insane. I was glad Ryan Higa spoke out against the shit youtube pulled in the most Ryan Higa way possible, and I don't think we can really expect the same from Dan and Phil

Secretstanner
glabella
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Secretstanner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am

alch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 am
blueskies wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am
While we're waiting for Dan's memes video, has anyone seen Ryan Higa's latest video YouTube Reryan Fail? The amount of shade he throws at YouTube is incredible, and I admire him for it. It's great.

I'm not saying that I want deppy to do something like that, but I'm also saying that deppy would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they'll never come even remotely close to offending YouTube.
Honestly deppy never speak ill of youtube, and they're such buddies with Susan Wojcicki it's insane. I was glad Ryan Higa spoke out against the shit youtube pulled in the most Ryan Higa way possible, and I don't think we can really expect the same from Dan and Phil
Honestly why do people think they will ever speak out about YouTube or controversy that doesn’t impacked them directly. They would never unless it was going to effect them, and as we have found out they are both on the recommended channels for google ads. It does bug me but I can’t really blame them. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. I’d probably do the same in their position :roll: but I really did like Ryan’s video, I don’t watch him but I thought I’d give it a look and it was good.

User avatar
mermaid blood
angel bean squish
angel bean squish
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by mermaid blood » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 am

re: previous page of the thread - my curiosity with personal vs professional was not to assert that dan has no professional relevance. it was stemming from why phil did not tag him, because he does.

was not my intention to draw attention away from how great what has happened is; i sort of disagree that discussing tangental details has the danger of doing that in this particular case, where maybe the real danger is it slipping from conversation all together and donations tapering off. but i respect that not everyone feels that way, so i'll put it under a cut.
if i were a stranger who only followed make a wish, i would assume 'dan' was not on twitter and that's why their handle wasn't included; so maybe their relevance to this 'phil' chappy was as a significant other, a child, a relative, or even a terminally ill individual person, themselves. probably not a business partner - who would presumably be taggable. phil wasn't concerned with this when tweeting. i don't purport to know why he wasn't, maybe he just plain forgot because he was distracted by feeling moved. and therein i circle back to my original observation of how phil's brain works instinctually before he has time to clean up his tweets professionally. it's also possible not tagging dan was entirely purposeful. if it was because phil doesn't think dan should be tagged in the tweet as he has no relevance to something under phil's AmazingPhil name, i ponder why he was included un-tagged. i don't have any grand dramatic conclusions from that pondering, lol. i just really enjoy the process of analysing things? it's how my brain works, it helps me understand and enjoy things better.
oooh i'm glad to see them asking for gaming recs! i wish i watched more gaming channels to get more ideas, as i'm not a gamer myself. i only really watch jenna and julien stream, and god knows all they play is pubg these days; though i don't mind it and find it quite immersive. i would not want to see deppy play something like that though, i don't know why. *chin scratch*

troye sivan hasn't liked dan's tweet despite liking one from later in time, wonder if he just didn't see it in his verified mentions or forgot. if it's on purpose (the theme of this post apparently, lol), ooo gimme that internal youtube drama. but also like, don't, because i'm lowkey exhausted? hahah
art in avatar by Lily

dontpanic
cheeky #spon
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:25 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by dontpanic » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:06 am

Do you guys think they would ever play doki doki literature club on DAPG? I've seen a lot of people request it in the YouTube comments, and it's such a unique game that I think they'd like it (or at least Dan, not sure about the Philmeister since he seems to have a shorter attention span when gaming is concerned). I loved watching jacksepticeye play it, but he doesn't mind playing more mature games compared to DAPG, so do u think Deppy would avoid it because it's more mature than their usual content?

Irrelevant thought, but Now that I think about it they never finished yandere simulator, and I can't really think of any other games they've played with more "adult" themes, can anyone else think of any?
The only way to save 2017 is for The Cake Scene to be uploaded in 1080p

edit: 2017 was not saved

User avatar
dancy
living flop
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by dancy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

Secretstanner wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am
alch wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 am
blueskies wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 am
While we're waiting for Dan's memes video, has anyone seen Ryan Higa's latest video YouTube Reryan Fail? The amount of shade he throws at YouTube is incredible, and I admire him for it. It's great.

I'm not saying that I want deppy to do something like that, but I'm also saying that deppy would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they'll never come even remotely close to offending YouTube.
Honestly deppy never speak ill of youtube, and they're such buddies with Susan Wojcicki it's insane. I was glad Ryan Higa spoke out against the shit youtube pulled in the most Ryan Higa way possible, and I don't think we can really expect the same from Dan and Phil
Honestly why do people think they will ever speak out about YouTube or controversy that doesn’t impacked them directly. They would never unless it was going to effect them, and as we have found out they are both on the recommended channels for google ads. It does bug me but I can’t really blame them. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. I’d probably do the same in their position :roll: but I really did like Ryan’s video, I don’t watch him but I thought I’d give it a look and it was good.
I get where you're coming from but the wording of your argument kinda rubs me the wrong way. I've heard this kinda argument (concerning different kinds of issues) all too many times. Speaking out from a place of (any kind of) privilege is important. Just because something doesn't directly affect you, doesn't mean it's okay to ignore it. When there's a huge problem in your community, being supportive and speaking out against that issue is very much appreciated.

I'm not saying they absolutely have to talk about the huge issues Youtube has (though I am interested in hearing their thoughts) but showing indifference towards something simply because you're not affected by it is kinda incompassionate.
Re: the gaming channel, I'd love a live stream today if Dan isn't planning on uploading his memes video quite yet. They would need to have something new to play though since Overcooked (hopefully) and Fireboy and Watergirl have reached their end. I've seen a lot of people requesting them to play Kahoot live but I'm not entirely sure how that game works.

I doubt they're gonna play Doki Doki Literature Club because it involves a lot of reading and takes a few hours to complete, which are the excuses they used as to why they didn't wanna play any more Dream Daddy. They don't play a lot of mature games on the channel anyway (aside from maybe a few horror games), probably because they've got a lot of children watching and they just want to keep things casual and lighthearted. I'd love to see them playing Getting Over It and more VR games (and Life is Strange but that's not gonna happen at this point, is it).

User avatar
JustMe
sofa crease
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:19 pm
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by JustMe » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

I am being a negative nancy, wondering why it takes so long to shoot/ediit a video when it's just going trough things that were sent to you and reacting to it...(?) I guess it's just his perfectionism...
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~

phillyforgot
tol bean
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by phillyforgot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 am

The whole lack of content is definitely making me nervous. I hope they're planning on tweeting more and uploading more pictures of them.

I wonder if Dan still collecting memes or if he's already filming/editing the video. Personally I hope he's already editing, I still can't wait for the video to come out.

User avatar
relatablemood
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by relatablemood » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:54 am

snokoplasmic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:55 pm
relatablemood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm
Amiaw wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm
relatablemood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm
I don't really agree that Phil tagged Dan on a personal level. Like just in this case, it was professional because it's kinda known in the Phandom that quite a few people - at least in the beginning - prefer Dan more. He has more subscribers too. So with that, or even without that, he's part of the reason people want to donate, regardless of the note about it being for Phil's birthday. Cause they say PhANdom gives and they wanna, you know, give. So it would've been weird for Phil to act like people donated in his name and for his sake alone.
This was specifically for Phil’s birthday though. The tweet, Make a Wish, the post, and the comments from people who donated all only mention Phil and so I think that’s why we think it’s such a nice, personal gesture. It’s actually stranger imo for Phil to make it a joint thing when this is the one occasion when it really is all about him
I don't know, it's just my perspective on it that if Dan wasn't Phil's business partner, people wouldn't care enough to donate. It's harsh but it's definitely not the majority, and of course, people are gonna pick favourites when up until recently they had quite different personas still going strong. I guess I'm talking more about the appeal of donating than anything because as you said, they all mention Phil's birthday in the comments. But that doesn't really show anything because of course, they'll say that's the only reason. They'll probably think that too and feel good about it. But there are other reasons for donating to Phil like because Dan's so involved with him, or because they'd feel left out otherwise. (Also I don't really like some aspects of Make A Wish due to personal reasons so that might be where some of my saltiness comes from oops).
I mean, just because there may be more people who prefer Dan doesn't mean that the portion of the Phandom that either likes Phil more or truly doesn't have a preference makes up an insignificant amount. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who donated did it purely in Phil's name, for his sake alone, as this is for his birthday. I really don't see the sense of Phil adding Dan's name in the tweet as....what, a business plan to raise more money? the original post from PhandomGives and the tweet from MakeAWish only mentions Phil and it was doing quite well, I don't believe that Phil including Dan's name in his tweet (not even tagging him!) would cause a significant increase in donations that wouldn't have happened anyway.
What?! Of course it wouldn't be this whole 'business plan', especially as it's for charity... I was just saying he did it (maybe not even thinking about it) to reach a wider audience is all. Well, it doesn't really matter, I just don't think it's something to fangirl over is my point. There are so many more great phan moments out there to celebrate!
I've lost the ability to be mad at Dan for not uploading when we might expect to be honest. I wouldn't mind even if he hasn't filmed it yet. Depression is a bitch and it's always there, even if it gets much better or much worse at points. I still can't wait to watch it when it does come out though, just to happily reflect on this year's shitposts and scandals...
i want dan's hair and phil's hips

Secretstanner
glabella
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Secretstanner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

relatablemood wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm
I've lost the ability to be mad at Dan for not uploading when we might expect to be honest. I wouldn't mind even if he hasn't filmed it yet. Depression is a bitch and it's always there, even if it gets much better or much worse at points. I still can't wait to watch it when it does come out though, just to happily reflect on this year's shitposts and scandals...
I feel the same to be honest iv been rewatching his liveshows from March to like may and it reminded me of how much doing videos on his main channel take a toll on him. He clearly over thinks every last detail way too much but that just how is brain works. I know some people didn’t want him to make the video because there wasn’t any memes but I don’t doubt he could make a funny video with what he’s got.

User avatar
lilabet
sad dimple
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 9:41 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: London

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by lilabet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm

I have never related to the boys typo frustrations more! There's a typo in the tweet Phil retweeted :oops:
I just had to retweet a separate tweet because of a typo. I swear I check them 🤦🏼‍♀️

User avatar
MythicalPinkTrashCan
sad dimple
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Texas

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm

I actually hope they do not play DDLC. It’s very deceptive of a game (which is the point) and I think it’s really too violent and triggering to play on DAPG. When they played Little Nightmares, they cut out the room where there was a guy hanging and that wasn’t even an important part of the game. Have they played a game on the channel before where it relied heavily on depression and self harm and reality changing around you? The first time I watched people play it was when Game Theory played it and I didn’t know it would be a horror game and it really dug in deep in me. It’s a great game, but does the game audience overlap with DAPG audience?

User avatar
Lain
#relatable
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Wired

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Lain » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:08 pm

I really hope they stream today, or upload a video, or do something and that has nothing at all to do with the two day gap before we get another amaaf update. :dead2:

Yeah there is no way they'd play Doki Doki on the gaming channel. Yandere Simulator was cartoony and a bit silly (despite all of the stabbing >_>), and most of the other horror games they've played have just been jumpscare fests. DDLC deals with so many disturbing themes and I highly doubt they'd want to play that considering their young audience. Does anyone know how old the majority of Jacksepticeye's fans are?
Image

User avatar
LtrllySusan
long-time wanker
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by LtrllySusan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm
[...]
When they played Little Nightmares, they cut out the room where there was a guy hanging and that wasn’t even an important part of the game.
[...]
Wow, really? I don't remember that video super clearly, but did they mention that they cut out a part? If not, that actually bothers me. I watch Let's Plays to experience games that I don't wanna play myself, and I don't want to get the YouTuber's Cut edition. I can understand that they wanna take out heavy imagery, both because they don't feel comfortable addressing it or because the video might get age-gated, but they should definitely mention that they took out a scene.

I am pretty sure that they are purposefully avoiding games that cover heavier topics. Sometimes it's easier to avoid a topic than to address it, especially if you don't have to.
Phil said in a LS that they don't wanna play Life Is Strange because the audience would hate if they made the "wrong" choices, but I am pretty sure that they found out that Kate's suicide (attempt) is a pretty central event in one of the episodes.

User avatar
Catallena
angel bean
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by Catallena » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm

I gotta say this tweet is a bit un-Phil like to me? Yet at the same time it's not because it does have the appropriate amount of rANd0Mn3sS in there to be something Phil would tweet. Maybe their hiatus has finally started messing with me? Please boys, do something tonight. Upload or stream idgaf what it is at this point.
Stan is only one letter away from Satan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr

User avatar
blackdenim
hobbit hair
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by blackdenim » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:13 pm

I was thinking part of the reason for their silence/lack of uploads this week could be that it's tax season here in the UK, and although I'm sure they have an accountant at this point to actually do it for them, you still have to get everything together (receipts, expenses, details of income, etc) so they could have been busy with that this week and not had time to film/edit and not thought to tweet, etc?

User avatar
MythicalPinkTrashCan
sad dimple
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Texas

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by MythicalPinkTrashCan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm

LtrllySusan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm
[...]
When they played Little Nightmares, they cut out the room where there was a guy hanging and that wasn’t even an important part of the game.
[...]
Wow, really? I don't remember that video super clearly, but did they mention that they cut out a part? If not, that actually bothers me. I watch Let's Plays to experience games that I don't wanna play myself, and I don't want to get the YouTuber's Cut edition. I can understand that they wanna take out heavy imagery, both because they don't feel comfortable addressing it or because the video might get age-gated, but they should definitely mention that they took out a scene.
[...]
Yeah, it's really not at all important to the story, it's just there in the foreground, you see feet dangling, and later on you see a rope in the upper level that you release and hear something thud? It's just something there to build the atmosphere.

They did not mention it was cut, I only noticed because I've watched Markiplier play it (and maybe Jacksepticeye, but I can't say for sure) and I remembered it then. I believe it was also brought up here when the video was released.

I thought it was weirdly censoring at the time, but I also understood. If Phil is concerned enough for the children to not swear/bleep swearing, I can see why he would remove that from a video he is associated with.
Catallena wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm
I gotta say this tweet is a bit un-Phil like to me? Yet at the same time it's not because it does have the appropriate amount of rANd0Mn3sS in there to be something Phil would tweet. Maybe their hiatus has finally started messing with me? Please boys, do something tonight. Upload or stream idgaf what it is at this point.
Is it un-Phil? Hasn't he brought up the washing machine fandom on youtube at least 10 times? He's finally coming out that he is a part of that side of YT.

User avatar
fancybum
angel bean
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:06 am
Location: bork

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by fancybum » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Catallena wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm
I gotta say this tweet is a bit un-Phil like to me? Yet at the same time it's not because it does have the appropriate amount of rANd0Mn3sS in there to be something Phil would tweet. Maybe their hiatus has finally started messing with me? Please boys, do something tonight. Upload or stream idgaf what it is at this point.
Is it un-Phil? Hasn't he brought up the washing machine fandom on youtube at least 10 times? He's finally coming out that he is a part of that side of YT.
What if Phil's got a secret channel where he uploads videos of their washing machine and that's where he disappears to when he's not active on his known channels.. I mean there's lots of new clothes to wash after xmas (mm fresh content), it would explain a lot.. :illuminati:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by alittledizzy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:40 pm

fancybum wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm
Catallena wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm
I gotta say this tweet is a bit un-Phil like to me? Yet at the same time it's not because it does have the appropriate amount of rANd0Mn3sS in there to be something Phil would tweet. Maybe their hiatus has finally started messing with me? Please boys, do something tonight. Upload or stream idgaf what it is at this point.
Is it un-Phil? Hasn't he brought up the washing machine fandom on youtube at least 10 times? He's finally coming out that he is a part of that side of YT.
What if Phil's got a secret channel where he uploads videos of their washing machine and that's where he disappears to when he's not active on his known channels.. I mean there's lots of new clothes to wash after xmas (mm fresh content), it would explain a lot.. :illuminati:
Excuse me while I now scrutinize every washing machine channel to see which one is in a setting that matches their wall and floor color. :sherlock:
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 pm
I actually hope they do not play DDLC. It’s very deceptive of a game (which is the point) and I think it’s really too violent and triggering to play on DAPG. When they played Little Nightmares, they cut out the room where there was a guy hanging and that wasn’t even an important part of the game. Have they played a game on the channel before where it relied heavily on depression and self harm and reality changing around you? The first time I watched people play it was when Game Theory played it and I didn’t know it would be a horror game and it really dug in deep in me. It’s a great game, but does the game audience overlap with DAPG audience?
I think if they played DDLC they'd just have to emphasize the trigger warnings everywhere, and I think they realize that a big part of their audience wouldn't watch it with awareness of the trigger warnings making it less of a wide appeal video. They're just not in the habit of making things for niches, tbh.

The part that makes me sad is that I do really think Dan would have a lot of appreciation for the build up and how the story unfolds, but we also don't know how those types of triggery things impact Dan personally so. :shrug: I don't expect to ever see it for a potential variety of reasons.

User avatar
sparkle
morning quiff
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 64: Poptropica 2: Dragon #SPON

Post by sparkle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm

blackdenim wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:13 pm
I was thinking part of the reason for their silence/lack of uploads this week could be that it's tax season here in the UK, and although I'm sure they have an accountant at this point to actually do it for them, you still have to get everything together (receipts, expenses, details of income, etc) so they could have been busy with that this week and not had time to film/edit and not thought to tweet, etc?
Honestly my previous request for them to film ANYTHING including them doing their taxes is because I know its tax season and its most likely what they are doing.

I'd like a video today; I've had a day and I need something funny.
supplier of phandom tinfoil
there is a 99% chance that I am projecting onto Dan at any one time

Post Reply