Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Just had to sign in to say how much I loved this vid! It's the first time in a looong while that I've paid more attention to the gaming than to them. I just wanted Phil to win so badly and it's thanks to Dan being charmingly annoying. I just love their mood when they play this game, hope they play the pirate one soon
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

I thought the video was great!! I fully respect everyone's differing opinions, but Dan is clearly being annoying on purpose, as a joke. He's very self-aware, and it's all in good fun. Phil is clearly fully aware that he's acting cocky for the bants, and it's just part of what makes the videos fun. Their whole schtick is super best friends who are 100% comfortable with each other and don't take anything seriously, so I don't really know what people are expecting? And it's what makes the result of the video so satisfying in my opinion, justice for Phil and all that.

Also, it's so obvious to me that they haven't hired an editor lmao. There's literally no difference in the editing style?? I am so bored of this editor rumour omg, Dan only mentioned that he might consider bringing in more help to improve the quality of his main channel videos, neither of them ever said anything about having the gaming videos edited. Besides, Phil clearly showed us the other day that he was editing his most recent main channel video, so it makes sense that he and/or Dan are still editing the gaming videos.
knq
lava lamp

I'm late to the golf game but I looooooved it. I loved it almost as much as Dan and Phil loved Phil's perfectly lined up shot, which was a lot. I would like to submit my humble thanks to the dnpg gods that we have been spared the ironic laughtrack this time. I pray for our continued good fortune.

Objectively 100% the most important timestamps of the video:
0:13 Phil tries to touch Dan's hair.
0:13 Dan dodges.
0:14 Phil tries to touch Dan's hair.
0:14 Dan dodges.
0:15 Phil tries to touch Dan's hair.
0:15 Dan dodges.
[An interlude to discuss hats.]
0:28 Phil tries to touch Dan's hair.
0:28 Dan dodges.
0:29 Phil, still trying to touch Dan's hair: "I want to touch that."
0:30 Dan lets Phil touch his hair.

The content I signed up for, all in the first 30 seconds. That's efficiency, people.

Less important things that happened:
3:23 Dan punches Phil's shoulder and chest a few times and gets away with it. Mostly entertaining because you know if Phil did that Dan would be THAT HURT YOU HURT ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
3:35 If Dan wins, Phil is going to call the police and the army and his mum. It is decided that Kathryn would take Phil's side in the post-golf divorce.
5:50 Phil claims that Young Phil spent all his time designing mini-golf courses. Where is Phil getting his headcanon from?
6:00 logsmack.com
7:28 They set up a joke to say 'Please sir, can I have some cock?' and then don't go through with it. Rude.
7:40 Dan visits a lovely beach.
9:14 Dan does his impression of a llama.
10:12 Someone needs to do something for the Scalies. Dan and Phil do a lot for the Furries but nothing for the Scalies.
10:55 Timothy is in attendance.
11:04 Dinosaur-bird weird-nerds fight.
11:55 Dan says "dainty." Phil says "Feel that daint." I'm leaving.
12:24 danisnotscreaming
13:32 Dolores is in attendance.
13:58 Krampus is in attendance.
14:00 Dan complains loudly about something. Possibly that Phil is taking a turn instead of watching Dan. Watch me dad.
15:07 The golf balls bump together so Dan bumps Phil.
15:58 Phil sings "And they called it golfy love."
16:09 D: "I am queen of the universe." P: "Same."
16:58 D: "The gap has widened like Phil pushed an egg out." :shrug: I would leave but I already left 4 minutes ago.
17:35 The competition is put on hiatus while Phil does an impressive thing. Dan forgoes the usual pausing-and-taking-turns rule so Phil can take two turns to do the thing. They are both very impressed with the thing Phil does.
18:35 Dan wants to hang out. Phil wants Dan out of his life.
19:16 They really like slides. Also there's a prolonged innuendo which ends with Dan repeating ride it ride it rideitrideitrideit.
20:00 Dan spits on his hand and then sings about it. Also probably an innuendo.
20:14 Dan tilts his head because he wants to bop hats. Phil is fluent in Dan's head tilts and bops their hats together.
20:46 Dan is bothered because Phil is not adequately watching him lose.
22:20 Phil's arm gets in the way of Dan's slow collapse onto the desk, making it more awkward and more adorable than anticipated.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

watsonian wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 am Objectively 100% the most important timestamps of the video:

the "boink boink boink" sound effect phil made tho
that added 3 more years in my lifespan
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp

ame wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 am
watsonian wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 am Objectively 100% the most important timestamps of the video:

the "boink boink boink" sound effect phil made tho
that added 3 more years in my lifespan
1 year per boink seems like a realistic if conservative estimate. I am with you.

The real reason Dan straightened his hair all those years: Phil couldn't stop playing with it.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Hello here I am extremely late to the party as always.

I was super busy today so I didn't even have time to watch Dan's insta story until about an hour ago, but my friend sent me a screenshot of Dan in the charcoal mask with no warning or context. So that was a jumpscare and a half.
Also interesting that Phil didn't post any stories today, I think this is the first day since they started that one of them have gone without posting?

I really liked the video, Dan was absolutely cracking me up. I thought all his weird noises and made-up words were really cute and endearing so I was surprised that a lot of people found it annoying.
I would like to give a special shout out to "*tiptip* m'golf" at about 2:27 because i thought i thought it was really funny and no one has mentioned it.
Also re: editor -- i don't think they would have someone edit their videos without crediting them in the description. If they ever do decide to get an editor I honestly think they would tell us, but if not they would at least give them some credit.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:32 pm logsmack.com

Well played, guys. Well played.
Is there any chance there's a list out there with all of the gag URLs DnP have mentioned in videos but then actually bought and redirected to one of their own websites? I've tried looking in the past but couldn't find anything.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
starwatersong
phabergé

Amusing comment from the YouTube pinning.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whelpkeeper wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 am

Is there any chance there's a list out there with all of the gag URLs DnP have mentioned in videos but then actually bought and redirected to one of their own websites? I've tried looking in the past but couldn't find anything.
I'm not sure about a list but oh man I just realized they changed the redirect!! Yesterday right after the video, that link went to Phil's Toxic cover! Now it goes to the tour site.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Wow great we got an actual video to comment on, a moment to cherish ;)

It's the funniest of their golf vids so far. They were in a bit of a silly mood. Part of me wanted to bang my head against the wall when I saw it was another "Golfing with Friends" Why do they keep playing such a terrible game, out of all the possible games they could play. Ok, I know why. The 'hole' jokes just make themselves and it's a good game to 'give the people what they want': gay jokes, innuendo, two guys being flirty with each other.
It succeeded at that, I loved the random pig noised and sounds Dan made (he only screamed once, good on you Dan), and Phil deservedly won the game after the usual cocky gaming banter by Dan. I do hope that we will one day see the return of a quality game on their channel though. Undertale still is my favorite D&P games content, so I know they can do it they just choose to make the easier content I guess ;) Terribly unoriginal, solidly mediocre gaming but in the end a very enjoyable vid because it gets saved -as all of their vids do- by them banting away.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
dancy
procrastinator

whelpkeeper wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:09 am

Hmm, all I remember is moistbreadslap.com but that one doesn't work anymore. And logsmack.com doesn't seem to work either now for me?

I liked the golf video! Dan did seem a bit "brattier" than usual but it didn't annoy me or anything. The video didn't seem more edited than usual to me, if anything I think the Bucket of Doom video had a lot more unnecessary zooming in and out that was kinda distracting.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Since Phil did not provide us with Instagram Story content yesterday, I took the chance to be objectively hilarious with the title card for today's compilation. I also hope you enjoy the thumbnail :thumb:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
animad
squish

Hey, I don't suppose anyone here would know how much storage a hour or two of audio recording would take up on a phone?
Unrelatedly, and sorry if this is off topic, but I'm going to the tour tonight and im a bit nervous for the cringey-ness of it all. Is it at all common that the audience shouts out inappropiate things during the show when either prompted to or not? I'm sat near the back so sure it'll be fine but I get bad second hand embarassment and im going by myself so I'm nervous. Thanks!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

animad wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:37 pm
Hey, I don't suppose anyone here would know how much storage a hour or two of audio recording would take up on a phone?
I recorded an hour of Adele's concert (for the bants) and after uploading to dropbox it showed as about 24mb, so not too much at all. Video is the space/battery killer so make sure you record it as a voice memo or your phone's version of that and you should be fine. :)
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

I love the gwf series and this one didn't disappoint! I loved the innuendos and Dan's brattiness made me want to strangle him but like, in a good way? :lol:
I also have a love-hate relationship with his need to make everything into a song :evil: :lol:

@animad
I used my iPhone's voice memos to record the show (without the interval) and it took around 60 mb!
I don't know how much second-hand embarrassment you can bear but it wasn't too bad at my show, except for the bit a girl threw her keys on stage and kept screaming I LOVE YOU PHIL LESTER whenever it was quiet :roll:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

Cool story Phil :lol: (no actually that’s funny and awkward and adorable, I just like making references). Good to hear from him. His quiff is reaching new heights. <3

I’m wondering when we will get a pre-show vocal warm up as an instastory. It’s easy content boys, please deliver.

@watsonian loved your very important and less important timestamps.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

autumnhearth wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm Cool story Phil :lol: (no actually that’s funny and awkward and adorable, I just like making references). Good to hear from him. His quiff is reaching new heights. <3
I'm glad we're finally addressing the elephant in the room. Phil's really been going for a There's Something About Mary vibe recently and I'm gonna need his quiff to please discover gravity.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:39 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 2:31 pm Cool story Phil :lol: (no actually that’s funny and awkward and adorable, I just like making references). Good to hear from him. His quiff is reaching new heights. <3
I'm glad we're finally addressing the elephant in the room. Phil's really been going for a There's Something About Mary vibe recently and I'm gonna need his quiff to please discover gravity.
Okay but who's gonna write the "Phil runs out of hair product" fic??
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil's hair and Dan's nails are in a competition to see what can grow fastest.

Speaking of, this is a lovely Phil hair shot from a less front-facing angle!
human
dan hand trash

Just pimping my pic with Dan cos it makes me smile. He said “I love what you’ve done with it!” as soon as he saw it and Phil suggested they should just sell these. I told Dan I’d cut holes into it and hopefully that made him feel better and he said “the danosaurs are back and this time they’re edgy” lol. Lovely m&g experience, sweet sweet boys as usual. Always a pleasure.
Marianne is also lovely as usual, a queen.

Phil’s quiff in rl is a thing of beauty. A true wonder to behold. We are now back at the pub until showtime.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

human wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 4:35 pm Just pimping my pic with Dan cos it makes me smile. He said “I love what you’ve done with it!” as soon as he saw it and Phil suggested they should just sell these. I told Dan I’d cut holes into it and hopefully that made him feel better and he said “the danosaurs are back and this time they’re edgy” lol. Lovely m&g experience, sweet sweet boys as usual. Always a pleasure.
Marianne is also lovely as usual, a queen.

Phil’s quiff in rl is a thing of beauty. A true wonder to behold. We are now back at the pub until showtime.
I mean... I feel like that is a very 2018 Dan look, I expect him to steal it and declare it an ironic homage by next week.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Phil's hair makes me feel things. It looks so, so much better. I never thought I'd see the day he embraced the quiff and what a magnificent quiff it is. <3

@human you look so lovely oh my gosh!!! Love your hair, love the shirt and love the pose on your m&g pic, Dan's expression makes me smile. I'm glad you enjoyed your m&g!! I can't wait for mine in June but I'm also terrified. How long do they last on this tour? Like one minute or less?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Just having had our m&g I can honestly say that I’ve changed my mind on going to planned m&g.
At first the room was so hot and it was packed out but it was super organised with Marianne (❤️) giving information and the start and then when you get to go up she helps make people feel calm and relaxed. She is really the nicest person.

The guys were actually so nice and we were quite near to the end so it didn’t feel rushed at all (in fact I felt slightly nervous so probably rushed through more than they did). They were interested to chat (we were out until 3am last night and I told them that the screaming probably would have been better had I gone to bed and not clubbing), I got something signed for Phandom Gives and when I mentioned it they were genuinely so pleased and Phil added an extra star because he hoped it would help raise extra money.
I asked for separate photos because I had already met them before and they were so obliging, Dan offered to take them but I said no as I wanted head shots only (my body does not need to be seen irl). @human went last out of our group and she asked if we could take a group photo so that we could all be in one photo and they again kindly agreed. It was a really nice time and I would definitely do it again if they ever did anything else!
We also got something funny for during the show but I’ll post that later on once the show has finished!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: