Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

i lOve the katamari tee shirt. very cute. Also, what is the song used in the poppin cooking video dizzy linked a few pages back? I always associate it with their Manchester vlogs and I'm wondering if it has a name?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

sonicgreen wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:40 pm i lOve the katamari tee shirt. very cute. Also, what is the song used in the poppin cooking video dizzy linked a few pages back? I always associate it with their Manchester vlogs and I'm wondering if it has a name?
it's Kevin Macleod's "Deliberate Thought"
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I love that Phil has two Katamari tshirts, I'd love to see that game make a comeback on the gaming channel
autumnhearth
senpai

^ I would love that as well. I have fond memories of playing it years ago.

Dan’s stories
I mean yeah, the color is off for that terrarium, but all moss is valid.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

posting again after 7000 years to say that that moss completely ruins the aesthetic and the people are WRONG
hello9217
flower crown

Those angles. Dnp really want us to see the bare minimum of their flat, I respect it. I'm honestly surprised they are giving us any insta stories while they are back in London
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the terrarium is too over crowded... he needs to get another one and add some nice sand rocks. the moss is nice, but too many succulents. the taller one looks like it is in pain. idk how to explain that, but i feel like if it had bones then they'd be hurting.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
knq
lava lamp

It’s very Dan to ask for everyone’s opinions on his succulents and then tell everyone their opinions on his succulents are wrong. :lol: I like the curly little plant he has! I wish I could keep plants alive. (Not really though. I don’t have the patience.)

It’s a good day for IG stories. First time we’ve seen them back in the living flat since tour started, maybe? It’s nice to see them home.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Okay phil cut his hair can dan please cut his nails now? Thats all i could focus on in that second story.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

dropping in to say that obviously his biggest mistake is putting moss and succulents together to begin with. moss needs tons of water and succulents need relatively little. put them together, and one of them WILL die depending on how you water the terrarium. either make it a proper succulent terrarium with airy soil and rocks, or make it a proper foresty terrarium with moss and other plants that need more water. I recommend the latter personally, because succulents need proper drainage or you risk stem rot.
autumnhearth
senpai

I don’t see any issue with with Dan’s nails being longer. I think they look nice.

The Katamari shirt he is wearing is from the same site as the pocket prince. There’s more sizes available in the pattern prince, but it says it’s low stock.

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/unis ... rince.html

I wonder if we’ll see him wearing this one anytime soon?

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/unis ... osmos.html

Oh look, there’s one for Dan too.

https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/unis ... rince.html
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Long natural nails are kinda disgusting to me unless they're N I C E L Y painted (so not whatever shit job Dan does of that himself), so he should either get some gel put on those things at a good salon or cut them. I don't really understand why he's growing them out now of all times anyway, considering he has play piano every night?

Also I kinda liked Phil's long quiff, I'll miss it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think I'm a fan of the long quiff too, though at this point I'm still so happy it's not the fringe that he could pretty much go in any direction and I'd cheer him on.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

Dan's nails are pretty!! They used to be so stumpy, they look so much healthier. I've occasionally had my nails that length and it didn't interfere with piano-playing.

I think I love the quiff in all forms, but with the rate Phil's hair grows, it'll be long again in two weeks.

Mm, the katamari video is one of my favourites, Dan kept saying "Philly" and they show-cased their psychic connection.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I would love Dan to paint his nails again, the glittery stuff suited him before.

I just want to blame D&P right now for my 5:10am awakeness. Me, @human and our friend (who isn’t on idb) have just got home from a club in Cardiff. We are only in Cardiff because of Interactive Introverts! Dan and Phil have a lot to answer for 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I feel like I would be doing a disservice to the world and myself if I didn't share anything about my experience at the second Manchester show last week. I'm sorry I'm this late to the party, but I was still on holiday in the UK for a week after the show, so I haven't had time to properly keep up with, let alone post to, IDB. Now I'm unfortunately back at home and feel like reliving the good times I had while travelling.

I have serious holes in my recollection of what happened during the meet-and-greet because I panicked as soon as I turned around the corner to meet them and Phil was literally glowing in the sunlight because they were standing by these floor-to-ceiling windows. It really threw me off that they both looked and sounded just slightly different in real life than on screen.

I remember Phil already going in for a hug, but since I wanted to shake hands with them instead, I offered him my hand and said something like "I don't really know how to hug people who are taller than me" (which is true because I am tall and don't usually need to hug anyone even taller, but I totally only said it out loud because I panicked). I think one of them replied by saying "that's all right". Phil's hand was really warm, but I can't remember shaking Dan's hand at all even though according to eyewitnesses, I did.

After that I remember looking at Dan when he wasn't looking at me anymore and being amazed by how dark his eyes were. The next thing I remember is me offering Phil the card I wanted to get signed, and then Dan asked if I wanted a picture, to which I replied by asking if I could get one with my friends, and then one of them asked where my friends were. Then I gestured my friends over, and either Dan or Phil told me to get in the middle and then @sparkle's hat was in my face and Dan told a security(?) guy to take the picture because his own arms wouldn't be long enough.

I'm not sure why everyone's laughing in the pictures because my mind was hazy with panic, but I think it might be because the guy taking the photos was struggling with my phone case, but for all I know, someone else might've said something funny. When the picture had been taken, Dan said something about awkward peace signs, and then I started to run away, but Phil called me back because I'd forgotten the card I'd had them sign.

The show itself was great. We had front-row seats, and the fact that my seat was the furthest from the centre (out of my friends) meant that I was sitting right across from where Dan was standing for the majority of the show. It gave me some good nostril angles of him, and it was also very apparent to me that he was wearing the so-called nipple shirt...

The highlight of my evening was obviously seeing Phil's quiff in 3D. There are few things that could top that.

The m&g photos are under the cut. If the Tumblr embedding isn't working, here's a direct link.
This is the shirt I wore to the show. It's a pity it isn't visible in the photos.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@somethingsketchy ahh yes I'm so glad you posted about your experience!! I hope all the people from IDB that mean them share like that, I never get tired of reading how happy and excited people are at m&gs. And I love that you shook hands with them!

I just posted the transcripts for the Birmingham show. I really liked this one bit Phil added to one of their more standard answers...
alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:05 pm How are you not nervous on stage? I can't speak in front of three people.
D: I'm suddenly aware of how many people are staring.
P: I'm very aware. I think the thing about this, and tonight, is that you guys are all people that already know us and watch our videos and are here because you want to see us?
D: That helps.
P: That helps a lot. If you were a room full of scary journalists or something like that, I'd probably be shaking before I go on because I'd say the wrong thing or I'd be awkward. So I do get actually quite nervous before speaking in different situations-
D: What do you do in a situation like that? Where it's not like friends and family cheering you on, but people who are like [deep voice] hello.
P: [also imitating voice] I am the Serious Man.
I feel like that's a bit of a specific anxiety that Phil has never clarified so well before; that he's much calmer speaking to their fans than he is speaking to journalists or professionals. He seems to be very quickly eased by feeling like whoever he is talking to is rooting for him, even though surely he knows our inclination for over-analyzing and extracting meaning from every single word. I almost feel like Dan would be the opposite; not that he'd liked being grilled by journalists but we all know how Dan reacts when he's talking to us and he feels like we're reading too much into things he doesn't want us to read into.

It makes me notice again how much more quick Phil is deviate from common answers during II, and how Dan without fail every single night falls back on basically the same jokes. I get the impression Dan is the one that doesn't feel too comfortable ad-libbing.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:05 pm How are you not nervous on stage? I can't speak in front of three people.
P: I'm very aware. I think the thing about this, and tonight, is that you guys are all people that already know us and watch our videos and are here because you want to see us?
P: That helps a lot. If you were a room full of scary journalists or something like that, I'd probably be shaking before I go on because I'd say the wrong thing or I'd be awkward. So I do get actually quite nervous before speaking in different situations-
D: What do you do in a situation like that? Where it's not like friends and family cheering you on, but people who are like [deep voice] hello.
I feel like that's a bit of a specific anxiety that Phil has never clarified so well before; that he's much calmer speaking to their fans than he is speaking to journalists or professionals. He seems to be very quickly eased by feeling like whoever he is talking to is rooting for him, even though surely he knows our inclination for over-analyzing and extracting meaning from every single word. I almost feel like Dan would be the opposite; not that he'd liked being grilled by journalists but we all know how Dan reacts when he's talking to us and he feels like we're reading too much into things he doesn't want us to read into.

It makes me notice again how much more quick Phil is deviate from common answers during II, and how Dan without fail every single night falls back on basically the same jokes. I get the impression Dan is the one that doesn't feel too comfortable ad-libbing.
i don't feel that what i have to say spoils the content of the show in any way so no spoiler but: i find that super interesting that dan seems the most uncomfortable with ad libbing. in gaming videos (and any video they do together that's not scripted, really) dan is definitely the most talkative and (no one attack me please) carries the videos with his bants, imo. and it's something i think about a lot. i think about how dan is able to have funny on-the-spot commentary while playing a game and how i don't think that's something that i could ever do. i only ever think of the funny comeback when it's too late to say it. so, on youtube at least, i think dan seems to ad lib quite well. interesting to see that they switch roles like that in front of an audience.
ratlad
angel bean

sugar wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:04 pm

i don't feel that what i have to say spoils the content of the show in any way so no spoiler but: i find that super interesting that dan seems the most uncomfortable with ad libbing. in gaming videos (and any video they do together that's not scripted, really) dan is definitely the most talkative and (no one attack me please) carries the videos with his bants, imo. and it's something i think about a lot. i think about how dan is able to have funny on-the-spot commentary while playing a game and how i don't think that's something that i could ever do. i only ever think of the funny comeback when it's too late to say it. so, on youtube at least, i think dan seems to ad lib quite well. interesting to see that they switch roles like that in front of an audience.
it could be from being alone with phil and not in front of a physical audience, so i guess he's more at ease when it's filmed and edited on the gaming channel. i think that he overthinks too much when he's on stage, but just says whatever comes to mind when he's gaming.
liola
rankussy

While I don't agree he single handedly carries videos, I know what you mean, but there's a difference between filming a video with someone you're extremely comfortable with and knowing you have complete control on what is being showed to your audience thanks to the editing, and doing all of it online. Even during liveshows, Dan is the most nervous, he overthinks his words and tries way too hard to make a point clear that he often ends up saying opposite things in the span of the same conversation. I love him, I love how open he tries to be, but I've said countless times how sometimes his liveshows honestly makes my anxiety skyrocket, he fidgets so much and has so much anxious energy that - for someone like me, with anxiety and who relates too much to him on a lot of things - ends up making me fidgety as well.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sugar
eclipse shirt

liola wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:31 pm

While I don't agree he single handedly carries videos, I know what you mean, but there's a difference between filming a video with someone you're extremely comfortable with and knowing you have complete control on what is being showed to your audience thanks to the editing, and doing all of it online. Even during liveshows, Dan is the most nervous, he overthinks his words and tries way too hard to make a point clear that he often ends up saying opposite things in the span of the same conversation. I love him, I love how open he tries to be, but I've said countless times how sometimes his liveshows honestly makes my anxiety skyrocket, he fidgets so much and has so much anxious energy that - for someone like me, with anxiety and who relates too much to him on a lot of things - ends up making me fidgety as well.
i want to clarify that i don't think he singlehandedly carries the videos, but i tend to notice that he talks a lot more than phil, even in phil's videos sometimes.

and i understand why dan might be more comfortable in front of just phil and a camera, i just find it interesting that phil seems to be the opposite. just that phil, who always seems a bit more awkward on camera than dan (to me) is the one that's slightly more comfortable in front of a real life audience. :shrug:
ratlad
angel bean

apparently a certain community will like the next gaming video, according to dan on twitter?
sugar
eclipse shirt

ratlad wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:50 pm apparently a certain community will like the next gaming video, according to dan on twitter?
praying with every part of me that it's the lgbt+ community and not the furries :lol:

edit: that's assuming the next video is sims, but i'm now thinking maybe it won't be?
Last edited by sugar on Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ratlad wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:50 pm apparently a certain community will like the next gaming video, according to dan on twitter?
it's us. we're the community. they play "what would idb say?" and overanalyze the mundane day they had.
dancy
procrastinator

I was thinking (and hoping) it might be the Sims video that they filmed about a week ago?

Unrelated but I was rewatching D&P's Insta Stories since they haven't posted much today and the ones with their bath bombs reminded me of the fact that I'm still kinda interested in a candle haul from Dan and since I don't think it's likely at this point that he'll make a video, it'd be nice if he did it on Instagram instead.