Dan & Phil Part 74: we stan a model

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phantasy
woodland creature

A couple of Drag Race follows...

Bi Pride... :biflag:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Their pimped out bunks are so cute!! I too want Phil's dinosaur blanket.

I'm guessing they're still marathon watching old drag race seasons like Dan said a while back? That's the kind of thing I miss weekly solo liveshows for, I'd love to hear their progress. Though knowing them they wouldn't talk about it anyway, for fear of people in the comments spoiling future seasons for them.

For anyone interested, I post the audio of the 'battery operated boyfriend' moment from the Schenectady show on tumblr!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I love that audio so much. Phil's voice when he says 'what was the last word?' is hilarious. And I really wish this moment was caught on camera so I could see what Dan's reaction was for Phil to ask 'are you okay, Dan?'. That was so friggin funny. Thanks for posting the audio clip!

And aw their bunks look so cute!
liola
rankussy

Their bunks look better than my room, can Sarah and Lauren come decorate my room as well I'll pay them, then we hang out and drink mimosas I promise.

Love to see phil filming! Looks like a solo AP which I'm here for it, guess it means a gaming video is coming as well
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

They got a pretty different sense of style. It's funny how their bunks are so remarkably on brand. Dark, symmetrical lines and squares Dan and teen-pop, colorful and goofy Phil.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

While we're waiting for the next video content, here's a PSA that the show transcripts are still regularly being updated as I'm sent audio for shows, and that all the insta stories are being archived on the IDB youtube page!

We're also kicking off the process of updating our FAQS. We're aware that there currently some pages still that have broken image issues, so in addition to getting those taken care of we're going to be bringing current posts up to date with information from the past year and adding some brand new pages. If there's anything you feel like is worthy of a FAQs reference post, please let us know and we'll add it to the list.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm We're also kicking off the process of updating our FAQS. We're aware that there currently some pages still that have broken image issues, so in addition to getting those taken care of we're going to be bringing current posts up to date with information from the past year and adding some brand new pages. If there's anything you feel like is worthy of a FAQs reference post, please let us know and we'll add it to the list.
I don’t know how practically possible this is, but it would be cool if there were a timeline of Phandom history, by which I mean documentation of eg. how the community reacted to D&P’s projects and life events and what kind of fan theories were popular at certain times. That’s the kind of stuff no one’s really documented in an easily digestable form and that will be lost when people who have experienced these things leave Phandom. New fans obviously have the option of reading back IDB and GG threads and scrolling back Tumblr blogs, but that’s a lot of work for just scattered information.
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil tweet:
Sometimes I think Phil still wants us to picture him naked.

Dan story:
His appreciation for Britney will never die.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

The notification I got for Phil’s tweet cut the text off after ”butt”...
knq
lava lamp

somethingsketchy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm We're also kicking off the process of updating our FAQS. We're aware that there currently some pages still that have broken image issues, so in addition to getting those taken care of we're going to be bringing current posts up to date with information from the past year and adding some brand new pages. If there's anything you feel like is worthy of a FAQs reference post, please let us know and we'll add it to the list.
I don’t know how practically possible this is, but it would be cool if there were a timeline of Phandom history, by which I mean documentation of eg. how the community reacted to D&P’s projects and life events and what kind of fan theories were popular at certain times. That’s the kind of stuff no one’s really documented in an easily digestable form and that will be lost when people who have experienced these things leave Phandom. New fans obviously have the option of reading back IDB and GG threads and scrolling back Tumblr blogs, but that’s a lot of work for just scattered information.
That’s be quite a commitment but I’d be a fan if someone wanted to undertake it! I’d be a big fan of any and all types of timeline posts, actually. Has anyone been wanting to make a phandom timeline?

I love the 2009/2010 timelines fans have put so much work into. Once Dan and Phil started living together there’s a lot less masterposts about what they were up to generally. Probably because of the huge time drain that would be!

On the slightly more realistic wishlist, it’d be cool if the timestamp posts were easier to find and browse. For the live shows, the pre-2015 timestamp masterpost is mostly broken links.
Phantasy
woodland creature

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 pm Dan story:
His appreciation for Britney will never die.
dancy
procrastinator

Another day without a gaming video :( What are they gonna do tomorrow? A live show, which would probably mean they won't be uploading until Friday at the earliest? Or will they skip the live show (and ignore all questions about it) and finally give us DAPG content? Either way, I just want something because I'm getting antsy at this point
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

watsonian wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:45 pm
On the slightly more realistic wishlist, it’d be cool if the timestamp posts were easier to find and browse. For the live shows, the pre-2015 timestamp masterpost is mostly broken links.
Yes! I have been working on the timestamps subforum, reorganizing, filling in gaps, and fixing broken links. Maybe I will post here when all the links are up to date.

I'll take this opportunity to encourage everyone to time stamp current videos. Feel free to add to the timestamps subforum, or if you put them in the main threads I'll move them over. Even if they are brief and don't even have actual times, they would be very helpful. You might be surprised how many 2018 videos have no timestamps at all!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Grey
lady door

II spoilers (like a lot because I just went and it’s a review):
I wasn’t sure where I was supposed to post this but I want to share because I just got back from II in Chicago! It was extremely fun. I was so scared I was going to hate it for a variety of reasons but it was great (IMO)... why did I ever doubt them? (I didn’t look up spoilers before going so it was mostly all new to me).

When it first started and WTTBP was playing and everyone was singing, it was past the show’s start time (not sure if that’s typical) and I did for a split second wonder if the whole show would be songs playing and they would never come out, LOL. Everyone seemed to be having a blast without them anyway! But then of course they did come out.

I was partly scared the screaming would ruin it for me. The screaming did not ruin it, on the contrary I felt it made the show much better because they worked it so well. I was impressed, they are obviously experienced with their own audience. I think it honestly would have been boring without the screamers so thank you to everyone who lost their voices tonight.

I was also scared it was going to make me feel bad as a fan. It didn’t. I mean they did talk about fandoms etc and the crazy mob mentality / treating them like sims etc. But it didn’t seem like they were mad at us (not sure why I was expecting that but I was). I felt it ended more on a positive note about their audience. In fact I thought the way they used the screaming (which would have inevitably occurred anyway) to improve the show rather than detract from it was an example of them almost appreciated their audience too. So it didn’t make me feel bad.

I couldn’t hear the words during Phil’s diss track. It was too loud; all I could hear was a couple words and mostly really loud thumping. I’m going to have to look them up.

Overall, really fun experience. I’m not a show-going person at all but I’m so glad I went to this one. :heart:
Next I’m going to start reading transcripts from other shows if I can find them!
I'm having a stress.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

dancy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:39 pm Another day without a gaming video :( What are they gonna do tomorrow? A live show, which would probably mean they won't be uploading until Friday at the earliest? Or will they skip the live show (and ignore all questions about it) and finally give us DAPG content? Either way, I just want something because I'm getting antsy at this point
I hope they do go for the video in that scenario.
They're only halfway the touring. I suspect they're feeling a bit burned out right now. But they can't and won't show that. They try their hardest to be enthusiastic and energetic for every show and fan, but given how they normally live and their at least somewhat introverted personalities it must be creeping in their clothes.

The dry spell is going to still last a while I fear :/ maybe one video this weekend.

Also I have never seen a person so happy in defeat as Dan failing to eat the whole pizza but promising to revisit the challenge :lol:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I have no idea what this abomination pizza is but!
He doesn't eat the crust??? Omg I am unstanning. Goodbye.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Yea it's looking very American with the dips and the deep pan style? With a ton of sauce. Didn't look to tasty to me but someone really needed a pizza fix I think :D

I can't unstan not with the way he looked proud and content after eating that abomination.
(and I don't eat the crust either unless it's crispy and thin, like pizza is supposed to be damnit :p. The crust looked very bready on the picture.)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

One slice of that looks like it would do. If they have a fridge on the bus, it could last a week. I hope he didn’t overdo it, maybe all but once slice did fit in comfortably :shock:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

The real question is... will these rats eat the left over slice as breakfast in a couple of hours?
I know they would in London :mrgreen:
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm sorry but that pizza looks disgusting. Is that just a ton of tomato sauce on it? :shock:
Either way well done Dan. Remember the guys are tall af, I'm sure they eat more than most of us.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

II spoiler from last night, I think, from Twitter

Made me laugh so hard. Someone else posted a video a few tweets down, couldn't remember if we're okay to post those here.
autumnhearth
senpai

Yeah the sauce is on top, the cheese is in the middle with the pepperoni, with just one crispy dude on top, probably to let you know what kind it is. I’ve never had that kind of deep dish, but I don’t think I would eat that crust either and I like crust. What is clear is that it made him very happy, I have so many blurry stills of him smiling and laughing. Also that look he gave Phil at the end. Thank you for that review @Grey it’s very reassuring. My show is in less than a week now!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I feel it's only right to clarify... that particular pizza isn't so much American as it is specific to Chicago. It's Chicago deep dish and some of us would rather it not be classified as pizza at all tyvm.

Anywaaay.... video today, yes? Yes. Please. God. Please.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Giodorno’s Pizza is an American mess, I’ve had it a few times and I’m shocked he made it that far. I really want to know how much Phil ate because it’s basically chewing through 4 inches of cheese with pepperoni wedged in there?
Also I don’t blame him for leaving the crust, its really tall to accommodate all the fillings and usually hard as a rock.
The video drought sucks but I know they’re juggling a lot (it was expected). I’m half-satisfied by IG stories, though I know thats not the case for everyone.

Edit: just watched that Jon Stewart link and im crying :rofl:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I don’t think Phil ate any of it, that’s why he was reassuring Dan that he’d done his best. Last time when they showed a photo of it with just a few slices eaten, I assumed they shared it, but I don’t know now. Phil usually doesn’t mind cheese n pizza so maybe he did help, but that was a lot of cheese. It doesn’t even look like it would taste that cheesy, but be a lot of chewing. I was thinking that a professional/competitive eater could probably do it. I wonder if Dan would enjoy doing that for a living or for the larks.