IDB - Registration
By accessing “IDB” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “IDB”, “https://indepthbants.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “IDB”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “IDB” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “IDB” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “IDB” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “IDB” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
In addition, you agree to abide by IDB’s forum rules, found below. Please thoroughly read and understand our rules before registering.
1. Be respectful of fellow users, moderators and the administration. Disagreements are permitted, but no name calling or hate speech of any kind will be tolerated.
2. Posting of private personal information of the individuals we discuss is strictly prohibited. This includes addresses, contact details (off or online), or those of the individuals associated with them (friends and family; past present or future).
3. Refrain from sharing information about the individuals we discuss or about people associated with the individuals we discuss that the individuals themselves have not made publicly available. This extends to social media accounts discovered of friends and family, ex-partners, etc., and to the current location of any individual we discuss, or any individual associated with them, if there is a risk of harassment or loss of privacy.
If you are unsure if the information you would like to share with the forum is suitable, please contact a moderator privately.
4. Refrain from posting content without crediting the creator, where the creator has stated at the source they do not wish their material to be shared elsewhere without credit. Posting content specified by the creator not to be shared is strictly prohibited.
5. Directly linking to copyrighted content that was not publicly available or distributed with the consent of the creator at the time of discovery is strictly prohibited on public threads.
6. Do not post gratuitous links to pornography. Links to nudity or other potentially “not safe for work” material are permissible only in the context of a mature discussion.
When posting a link to potentially not safe for work material, clearly mark it as not safe for work. When embedding potentially not safe for work material, place it within spoiler tags, and clearly mark it not safe for work outside the tags.
7. Posting of illegal or pirated material or links to it is strictly prohibited.
8. Any physical or mental health discussion that occurs in the threads should be conducted with the utmost sensitivity, and potentially triggering conversations should be marked with a clear disclaimer. People with health conditions should not be shamed, insulted, or demeaned. Definitive statements about specific health issues (“armchair diagnoses”) should be avoided.
9. One account per user - do not register more than one account, for any reason. If you want to change your username, make a request in the username thread, or message a moderator. Use of multiple accounts is grounds for all accounts created by you being banned.
10. No trolling - do not use excessively inflammatory, abusive, or hateful language, impersonate anyone, post spam, or otherwise act in a way that is a detriment to the board. The moderators reserve the right to decide if a poster is trolling. Trolling is grounds for an immediate ban.
11. If you wish to post a message that is an advertisement, an offer to trade or sell products or services, a request for money, goods, or services, a charitable appeal, or any other post or content promoting a cause, venture, or website, or a request for information for surveys or other information gathering purposes, you must ask for and obtain permission from the moderators beforehand.
This applies if money is involved or if not. This applies to all of the forum, including posts, your signature, your profile, and private messages.
Rule breaking may result in the termination of your account, and any and all future accounts you may register with IDB.